Extrusion Bender Job Description Sample
Sheet Bender / Plate Bender
Job Description: Perform all functions of tube bending ensuring safety, quality, and productivity.
Responsibilities: This list is not all inclusive
• Set up, adjust and operate tube bending machinery and equipment to bend structural metal pipe, tube, bar, etc. to specifications.
• Fabricate directly from drawings, samples, or instructions without supervision.
• Select all layouts, templates, or check fixtures.
• Develop layouts from drawings, samples or instructions.
• Select all tools, dies, and plane gauge requirements.
• Check bent parts to drawing specification and tolerance using proper measurement and inspect equipment.
• Inspect end product from bending operation to ensure accuracy maintain and operate tube bending equipment.
• Identify, properly tag and remove non-conforming materials.
• Complete all required paperwork in a correct and timely manner.
• Perform first article runs and communicate recommendations as appropriate.
• Operate hoist, cart caddy, fork lift, and manual pallet jack.
• Communicate with other departments as necessary.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations. Skills/
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• A minimum of one year experience in manufacturing.
• Knowledge of bending equipment and ability to adjust and solve problems as needed.
• Ability to operate and/or read a tape measure, calipers, protractors blueprints and process sheets.
Fork lift certified.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment.
Effective and professional communication skills-verbal and written.
Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. • Detailed oriented and ability to multitask.
• Time management skills, prioritize responsibilities.
• Ability to handle stressful situations such as heavy/varying workload and order accuracy.
• Logical troubleshooting skills.
• Work in a fast-paced-team environment, flexibility.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
• This position is very active and requires standing and walking for 10 hours/day.
• Bend/kneel, stoop/crouch, twist/turn, grasp/reach overhead and outward frequently.
The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 50lbs. frequently.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Work in a fast-paced industrial environment wearing hearing & vision protection, steel-toes shoes and appropriate protective clothing.
Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Tube Bender And General Change Over Technician
Universal Tube is a leading manufacturer and supplier of metal tubular components for the automotive industry. Currently, we are looking for a tube bender and general change over technician. Universal Tube provides a great opportunity for hard-working and focused individuals.
In order to be considered for this position, all applications MUST be completed in person at:
2607 Bond Street
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
Tube bender and general change over technician
- Program and change over CNC tube bending and mechanical end forming equipment
- Program, Operate, and Change over CNC Tube benders ( we use KCINS benders)
- Setup and troubleshoot bend tooling for prototype, low, and high volume bent tubes
- Layout parts to meet blueprint specifications using calipers, micrometers, full-scale prints, , and other quality equipment.
- Set up and change over secondary tools (end forming, lock up presses, bend fixtures etc.) as needed
Knowledge or Skills Required
- Experience programming and operating CNC tube bending equipment -Required
- Ability to read blueprints and understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Basic understanding of CAD systems
Ability to operate both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to utilize standard inspection tools to verify parts meet print specifications - functional gaging
- Ability to work in high pressure situations under normal to tight deadlines
- Basic computer skills
Competitive compensation plans, based on experience
Extremely clean facility with 5S and lean culture
CNC Tube Bender Set-Up
Set-up and operation of multi-axis CNC Tube Bending machinery.
We offer great pay and excellent benefits for our employees.
Machinist - Tube Bender
Independently sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and/or numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate stainless steel high vacuum components.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of machining practices, measurement and evaluation skills, and tooling applications.
- Complete machine setups on a wide variety of specialized and production equipment. Generate first article/first piece product for inspection. Make required adjustments to equipment or programming to maintain compliance with quality standards.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, CNC.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required where applicable.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications as well as within the required tolerance +/- .002 to .005.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data where applicable.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Use, knowledge of measuring tools (dial calipers, ID gauge, threat gauges, height gauges, etc).
- Collaborates with engineers, production personnel, programmers, maintenance or others to resolve machining problems.
- May provide training to other team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to operate a diarco bender
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work with team members.
- Ability to take direction from supervisor.
- Ability to keep required job schedules.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A Machining background
- Journey level program certificate
- 7-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Coordinate with expeditors, production coordinators and all relevant parties to ensure work orders are expediently carried out and fulfilled
Ensure all tube assemblies are properly prepared for tube bending by executing preliminary inspection of raw tubes
Move large, delicate tube assemblies to and from bending areas
Set-up and operation of CNC rotary draw bending machines while conforming to aerospace tolerances
Ensure all tube assemblies meet strict quality and compliance standards
- Coordinate movement of in process and finished assemblies between work areas
High school diploma or GED + 3 years of tube bending experience Preferred Skills and Experience:
Experience working with Inconel, Titanium, Aluminum and Stainless Steel tubes
Set up, operation and troubleshooting expiring on Pine or Eaton Leonard; tube bending machines
- Well versed in manufacture of complex aerospace tube assemblies Additional
Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
Must be able to lift a min. of 25 lbs. unassisted
Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces ITAR
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here. SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000. Job Location Hawthorne, CA, United States
Tube Bender Specific:
o Meeting all customer bent tube requirements o Minimize downtime and improve efficiency
o Identifying and resolving in a timely manner all tube bender related issues including the following:
Williams-Bayer Industries offers a vast array of CNC Tube Bending, CNC Tube Cut Off, Catalytic Converter Can Shells, Metal Fabricating, Welding, Staking, Vision Inspection and Assembly Processes. Our goal is simple; i.e. to supply our customers with competitively priced components and/or assemblies that are defect free and meet or exceed their expectations.
Manual Tube Bender
StreamlineHR is hiring for skilled Pipefitters that have experience performing Tube Bending (Manually) in the Ann Arbor and Jackson areas. Top pay and benefits available. Long-term opportunity w/the potential for direct hire.
Apply today at; firstname.lastname@example.org
Delivery Driver(06511) - 801 W. Bender
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB Must be 18 years of age with a valid driver's license, safe driving record and 2years of driving history. Maintain current vehicle insurance and vehicle must pass regular safety inspections. Outstanding customer service attitude, basic math skills & enjoy working in a fast paced team environment.
Setup and operate various sizes of tube benders to bend different size tubes to required shape. Install bend tooling and align properly.
Program bender as needed. Work from job sheet to get proper blank tubes to bend. Use tape measure, super gauge, calipers, and fixed gauges.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Read job orders for specifications such as material type, size of blanks.
Obtain and transfer blank tubes to machine. Installs proper tooling. Positions tube and presses proper button(s) to start machine.
Measures part for conformity to specifications. Marks 1st part with proper identification. Check fluid levels and replenishes oil and coolant as needed.
Greases machine. Performs any other operations as required. COMPETENCY To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; supports organization’s goals and values. Professionalism: Approaches others in tactful manner; reacts well under pressure treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Safety/Security: Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly; maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisors. Qualifications To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. Education and/or experience High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One to three months related experience and/or training is preferred.
Language Skills Ability to speak, read, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to stand and reach with hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required t walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. ID: 2018-5131 Street: 161 Rock Church Road SE Shift: First External Company Name:
Mayville Engineering Company, Inc. External Company URL: www.mecinc.com
Rebar Bender Operator
POSITION OVERVIEW: The purpose of the position is to work in a production area using machinery to bend rebar to customer specifications at a Fabrication shop located in Waco, Texas while adhering to safety policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Adheres to safety policy to prevent on-the-job injuries. Wears appropriate PPE at all times according to safety policy.
Attends meetings as required to share information regarding plant operations and learn new processes. Performs general housekeeping duties by sweeping, picking up trash, removing trip hazards. Processes fully used stock bundles by giving the SAP tag to the Supervisor for removal from the system.
Unloads stock materials from trucks and rail cars; loads materials onto trucks for delivery using forklifts and/or overhead crane. Receives stock material from loader and inspects bundle for uniformity and attachment of inventory tags, SAP tags, and partial tags if bundles are open. Returns partial stock bundles to inventory by counting bars and recording count remaining and other required information from inventory.
Sets up bender by keying required information from production tags (i.e. pin size, bend degree, quantity, forward/reverse deductions). Straightens rebar as it moves towards counting line. Bundles completed bends by tying bundles together. Communicates with fellow co-workers, supervisors, and other personnel about production issues.
Completes Daily Bend Report for each bundle. Confirms correct bar sized is used by comparing information on production tag to inventory tag. Selects proper speed for bars by referring to speed/bar size charts.
Verifies bars received at bender have bend attached tags. EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS: Construction experience or manufacturing experience preferred.
Must be able to work any shift Must be able to bend, stoop, push, pull, lift, kneel, squat, crawl and reach Working conditions can be noisy/ dusty/ hot/ cold Ability to work outside in the elements, including extreme heat and cold Must be able to lift up to 50lbs EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma or GED preferred
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!