Extrusion Press Adjuster Job Description Sample
Extrusion Press Operator
Set up, load and operate extrusion press and billet heater 10 Selection of operation parameters, mandrel and die set up 2 Lubrication and extrusion 3 Removal of tube - quench 5 Cleaning extrusion 10 Straighten and trim extrusion section 20 Degrease extrusion 10 Assembly of bi-metal and composite billets 20 Verify conformance of billets and extrusions to specifications using magnifying and measuring instruments 20
Bowers Manufacturing Company
Position Title: Extrusion Manager
Accountable To: General Manager
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Extrusion Department and Die Shop.
Job Duties/Responsibilities - (Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following):
- Plan/schedule product through the Extrusion Department, while maintaining high percent on-time production.
- Assist Engineering with quotes to ensure profiles are routed with the best information for recovery and pounds per hour.
- Evaluate press production for possible improvements.
- Communicate with all departments regarding priorities, delays, or any other issues.
- Develop processes and procedures.
- Supervise production supervision staff.
- Conduct departmental meetings.
Job Requirements/Qualifications - (Requirements may be modified or amended for reasonable accommodations):
- 5 - 10 years extrusion and plant management experience.
- Must be able to work overtime.
- Knowledge of extrusion process, including die repair.
Plastic Extrusion Machine Operators
Day and night shift openings.
MUST be willing and able to work ANY shift.
Valley Extrusions is a custom plastics profile manufacturer located in Allentown, PA.
Major Medical and Dental * Life Insurance * Vacation and Paid Holidays * 401K – Company Match of 4%
Pay based on experience and skills set
· MUST HAVE PLASTIC EXTRUSION EXPERIENCE
Start up, set up, operate, and tend machine that extrudes thermoplastics to meet customer specifications and dimensions according to work orders and / or blueprints
· Load materials into extruder and adjust feed mechanisms to set feed rates
· Move controls to activate and adjust for extruding process
· Observe machine operations, control boards, and gauges to detect any defective material or any machine malfunctions
· Observes and checks finished film coming off the production lines and if detects sub-standard product takes immediate corrective action to eliminate any causes of sub-standard product
· Press the correct buttons to stop machine when processes are complete or when malfunctions are detected
· Responsible for detailed completion of work orders and production reports
· Operator must always be mentally alert on the machine
· Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment
· MUST HAVE PLASTIC EXTRUSION EXPERIANCE
· Must be able to read a tape measure
· Mathematical aptitude & good attention to detail
· Ability to read/understand specifications
· Ability to read measuring devices such as ruler, caliper, dial indicator, micrometer and scale
· Manual dexterity and ability to use all hand tools in order to set up and operate extruder
· Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50-100 pounds (Over 50 lbs. with an assist)
· Frequent standing, walking and lifting
· Regular and punctual attendance with reliable transportation
· Willing and able to work any shift
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc. At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Summary: Learn to operate two or more extrusion lines while producing quality products, meeting production goals and maintaining product safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
To perform this job successfully, an individual is expected to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Learn to operate two extruders, processing raw material into rolled sheet.
- Learn to make process and machine adjustments that produce quality rolled sheet
- Use simple measurement instruments to verify quality specification are being met during the process
- Use machine readings to verify quality specification are being met during the process
- Accurately complete daily production documentation.
- Clean and inspect machine as needed at each roll change.
- Operate and make minor process adjustments to ensure product quality and process stability. Notify Supervisor or Extrusion Lead of the need for more complex machine adjustments.
- Perform Operator level preventive maintenance (PM).
- Perform process PM (i.e., clean chromed rollers, clean die lip, change screens, etc.)
- Effectively communicate with crew members sharing information to ensure team is working toward production goals.
- Help install dies, mandrels, containers, heating coils, press tools, extrusion heads, and runout bridging in press using hand tools.
- Identify and report basic equipment issues to the Maintenance Department in accordance to current policies.
- Accurately complete daily production line documentation.
- Help with machine repairs as needed.
- Tape and position roll stands as needed.
- Accurately print and apply product labels.
- Fill in for other extrusion employees, for relief periods.
- Support Pactivs Good Manufacturing Program (GMP).
- Work safely and help keep work area clean and free from product contamination.
Pactiv makes every effort to ensure product conformity at each manufacturing step while maintaining a safe production environment for manufacturing of food contact packaging products.
To ensure product safety, this position will:
- Adhere to Pactivs GMP requirements
- Identify product and/or situations that risk product contamination
- Identify product and/or situations that violate cleaning and pest control requirements
- Help perform change overs according to established practices and routines
- Report equipment needing repair to supervision and avoid temporary repairs
- Make sure that any recent maintenance work was cleaned up and does not pose any risk to product
- Visually inspect raw materials for contamination
- Inform quality regarding nonconforming product so it can be segregated
- Make certain that no glass is brought into the facility
- Not store product or production equipment directly on the floor
- Only place goods in approved containers
- Not use PACTIV containers for storing miscellaneous items
- Practice good hygiene and not eat, drink (water in plastic bottles is allowed) or use tobacco except in designated areas
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As an Extrusion Operator, you will operate the extrusion lines in a safe and controlled manner that will ensure the safety of others and the quality of products being made.
- AF Madison has a staff of around 150 co-workers. The Extrusion Department is comprised of Operators and Assistants.
- This position is full-time, Monday-Friday but supports up to a 24/7 operation
- This role has no direct reports
Extrusion Operators maintain the following accountabilities:
- Set up and operate machine to meet production requirements
- Inspect the quality and correct any defects
- Troubleshoot equipment and production issues
- Follow documentation procedures and ensure paperwork is complete
- Provide daily and weekly maintenance
- Keep general work area and equipment clean
- Assist in training personnel
- Delegate duties to the Extrusion helpers
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned
- Perform in-process testing and SPC
- Follow all safety rules
- Complete other duties as assigned by Manufacturing Supervisor
- Supply Chain
- Job Specific skills and abilities required for extrusion operators
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2-3 years of press experience desired
- Extrusion or plastic process knowledge preferred
- Accurate measurement and mathematical skills
- Must be able to detect and solve problems which affect the quality of the product, product aesthetics and product contamination
- Must have solid communication and teamwork skills
- Must have basic mechanical ability
Amcor Leadership Framework competencies
The 3 Leadership competencies which will apply to all AFA co-workers:
- Driving for Results
- Customer Focus
- Influencing Others
The Leadership competencies which will apply to Extrusion Operators:
- Command Skills
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Learning on the Fly
Why work at Amcor?
- Amcor Flexibles Americas is a part of one of the largest global packaging companies in the world. Well diversified product offering, in heavy growth mode, which means more career opportunities locally and internationally
- Outperformance – A place where you will be challenged and supported to outperform
- Diversity – Join a global team of over 40 nationalities. Our diversity fuels our creativity, innovation and customer focus
- Training & Development – Amcor offers support to develop your skills and abilities to maximise your career potential
- Community Volunteering – You will be encouraged and supported to make a difference, such as with our EarthWatch and Amcor Community Program
- Competitive compensation, bonus potential, excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance, 401K (match, age and service and profit sharing), tuition reimbursement, wellness program and employee assistance program.
Madison, ranked one of the best place to live in America
- Madison continues to boast a strong and thriving economy, with a top ten University, University of Wisconsin (one of the top research universities in the world)
- Listed as top college town, foodie city and music destination
- One of the top bicycling cities
- Heavy growth in residential housing, with very affordable options even in the greater city
Apply today to be considered!!
Keywords: Extrusion, Machine Operator, Operator, Printing, Coating, Extrude, Packaging, Lamination, Web-handling, Laminate, Mixing, Dispensing
Amcor Limited is a global leader in responsible packaging solutions, employing more than 29,000 people worldwide, operating in 40+ countries in over 190 sites. Amcor supplies a broad range of plastic (rigid and flexible), fibre, metal and glass packaging solutions to enhance the products consumers use in everyday life. Amcor also provides packaging-related services that help customers succeed through collaboration and innovation driven by art and science. Amcor is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia and is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange. For more information visit www.amcor.com.
With 16 plants in the Americas operating in 6 countries, Amcor Flexibles Americas (AFA), a business group of Amcor, is a market leader and the world's largest supplier of flexible packaging. We deliver innovative packaging solutions and provide enhanced quality products for the medical, pharma, personal care, and food markets. Its award winning approach towards sustainability makes Amcor the preferred partner for customers looking for responsible packaging solutions. For more information visit www.amcor.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Amcor Flexibles - United States is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the links "EEO is the Law" Poster and "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 847-362-9000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We participate in E-Verify. For more information, please see the E-Verify Participation Poster and Right to Work Poster at the hiring location.
Pay Transparency Policy
Amcor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Mechanical Engineer, Plastic Extrusion
To manage new extrusion projects from initiation through commercialization and to provide technical supports to customers on new and/or existing applications.
To integrate the product design needs of the customer with available material properties to develop valued solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Maintains and leads projects using company-identified project management systems and tools.
· Project manage new projects through the company's NPI process; facilitate NPI meetings, communicate status and address issues.
· Works with sales personnel to provide technical and design assistance to customers for new projects.
· Manage project resource allocation, plan and schedule project timelines and track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
· Develop and build relationships with customers' engineers, purchasing and quality personnel to provide a customer-intimate experience.
Qualifications and Skills
· Bachelors degree in engineering.
· 5 - 7 years of experience working in a manufacturing setting with a minimum of 3-5 years of project management experience preferred.
· Experience with thermoplastics and materials preferred.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite, CAD, Project Management and other software.
· Strong organization and hands-on problem solving skills.
The com[any offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability, vision, 6% company match for 401k, etc.
Extrusion Blow Mold Technician
Extrusion Blow Mold Technician - Rocky Mount, NC
- Follow all safety rules and position standard operating procedures
- Maintain, troubleshoot, repair and/or overhaul plant facilities, equipment and machines
- Monitor and maintain material handling systems
- Perform machine set ups for job changes and repairs
- Maintain a safe clean work environment, to include but not limited to overall cleanliness and appearance of the machine area
- Monitor molding process, making necessary machine adjustments to ensure finished product specifications are met
- Perform required quality tasks (visual and dimensional)
- Perform routine mold and machine preventive maintenance (lubrication, parts replacement, etc)
- Raw material batch control
- Administration of lot and batch control systems
- Precise reporting, in relationship to the job
- Communication of issues in a timely manner
- Participation in team activities and team meetings, trainings, as well as problem solving initiatives
- Training and mentoring of more junior level technicians
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong safety mindset
- Extrusion Blow Mold experience, shuttle machine experience preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Sense of urgency
Compensation based on experience
Production Supervisor with Extrusion experience. This position is a 1st shift, Direct Hire and the salary is 55K.
Previous experience with Plastics or automotive.
Ability to manage 20+ employees.
3-5 years of production/manufacturing supervision.
Benefits of working with CHASE: Health Care Coverage- Associates of CHASE Professionals are immediately eligible to participate in our exceptional health care coverage! If you elect to enroll in this plan, coverage begins the Monday following your first payroll deduction.
Direct Deposit- You can have your paychecks directly deposited directly into the financial institution of your choice. This method is convenient and provides increased security.
Payrolled Employees- Associates referred to us by our client companies to be processed on CHASE Professionals payroll.
WebCenter- Our WebCenter can provide easy online access to your paycheck history and W-2 information.
* Chase Professionals is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law
Pure Fishing Multi-Line Extrusion Operator-3Rd Shift
Live, Learn, Work and Play
Pure Fishing is a leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia?, Berkley?, Fenwick?, Gulp!?, Mitchell?, Penn?, Pflueger?, SevenStrand?, Shakespeare?, Spiderwire?, Stren?, Trilene? and Ugly Stik?. With operations in 19 countries, Pure Fishing is part of Jarden Outdoor Solutions, a leader in developing outdoor and active lifestyle products and a division of Jarden Corporation (NYSE: JAH).
At Pure Fishing, we stand behind our values, our coworkers, and our determination to Build the World's Best Fishing Tackle Company.
Position Summary - Performs a variety of estabished functions to mass produce the world's finest assortments of fishing line which must meet all established criteria and attributes.
1. Monitors extruders for continuous operation.
2. Performs mixing operation.
3. Performs set up operations.
4. Maintains operational log on all settings and temperatures of ovens and roll stands.
5. Removes the full spools and positions empties on take-up.
6. Checks lines for roughness, proper test, correct diameter and elongation.
7. Monitors proper level wind and tension on all spools.
8. Performs die changes, braid changes,color changes and material changes.
9. Records all usage of material and makes note of all scrap.
10. Performs preventative maintenance on all equipment.
11. Disassembles and reassembles die packs.
12. Maintains safe and orderly workstation.
13. Drives continuous improvement using Lean techniques
14. Drives continuous improvement within the QMS for Pure Fishing and performs select SAP transactions
15. Other duties as assigned
1. Qualifications To perform this job successfully this individual must have a mechanical aptitude. Must be able to follow set recipes and data to produce quality monofilament.
Job requires good hand dexterity and coordination. Must support a team style work environment and be a self-starter with a positive attitude. Must be able to work overtime and a 7-day shift operation.
2. Education and/or Experience High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or 612 months related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Physical Ability Will handle spools and materials weighing from 5 to 50 pounds, and move containers weighing 200# using barrel cart. Ability to work under very warm conditions is essential.
2. Reasoning Ability Ability to use good judgment to maximize the most yield possible while maintaining safety.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We participate in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
COMPANY: Pure Fishing, Inc.
Requisition Id: 112131
Location: IA - Spirit Lake
Maintenance Technician - Poly Extrusion Blowmolding
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Poly Extrusion Blow Molding Maintenance Technician responsible for by troubleshooting and maintaining all plant equipment with an overall objective of increasing business objectives. Including maintaining troubleshoots and services for all plant equipment. The Technician will also restart production by troubleshooting breakdowns and making repairs and monitors reliabilities and scrap on production equipment.
- Adheres to the plant preventives maintenance program as outlined in PICS and follows proper work order procedures
- Locates parts efficiently and effectively utilizing proper parts room checkout procedures.
- Attends required training sessions to increase knowledge base
- Rebuild and repair spare parts
- Performs all assigned work in a safe manner, upholding Plastipak Environmental, Health and Safety Policy
- Performs product changeover on all plant equipment and verifies processes are reliably operating to achieve plant measurable goals
- Involved in installation projects and/or modifications
- Responsible for maintaining ISO standards
- Miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action
- 2-year degree or prior work experience
- Team oriented in all job functions
- Self-motivated and flexibility of job assignment
- Blend of technical, interpersonal skills and continuous learning through training
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills
- Basic computer skills
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!