Eyeglass Lens Cutter Job Description Sample
Eyeglass Salesperson And Optical Assistant
We are a growing optometry practice with locations in Riverhead, Southold, Westhampton Beach, Coram, and East Setauket seeking an entry level sales representative in our optical department.
As a member of our optical team, your responsibilities will include:
· Assisting patients with their glasses selection
· Providing product knowledge as well as educated advice to suit the patients’ needs
· Interpreting insurance benefits and coverage
· Assisting patients with contact lens purchases
· Communicating with frame representatives to ensure our frame selections are up to date and tailored to the needs of our patients
· A positive, upbeat attitude
· A flexible schedule
· To be able to work in all five of our locations
· Sales experience is a plus but not required
Why Should You Apply?
· Great experience
· Opportunity for advancement
Tired of working at a job that doesn't motivate you to come to work?
Come join our team and make a difference in improving lives every day!
Sound Vision Care is the #1 eye care practice in Suffolk County. We are a multi doctor, multi location practice that specializes in comprehensive eye care.
Please send resume to join our team!
Lens Design Engineer
Sunex has an immediate opening for a hard-core Lens Design Engineer in our Carlsbad, CA location. You will be working a team of talented engineers and scientists to design the next generation lenses for advanced imaging applications. You will also be expected to work with our technical sales team to solve technical challenging problems and come up with innovative optical solutions.
- Perform detailed imaging lens design using Zemax or Code V
- Provide technical solutions to potential customers from a wide variety of industries including automotive, medical, security, IoT, VR/AR, and robotics.
- Participate in trade-shows and identify potential leads
- Contribute to group technical and sales activities
- Visit customers/partners onsite within US and abroad
- Be a liaison between customers and our manufacturing operations in China
The successful candidate should meet the following requirements:
- BS or MS degree in optics, EE or physics with optics or imaging concentration
- Proficiency in Zemax or Code V or similar optical design software
- Demonstrated background in imaging optics or digital imaging systems
- Knowledge of optical manufacturing and testing processes
- Project management and overseas travel experience a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to take on new challenges and to grow with our company.
- A team player in an entrepreneurial environment
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Up to 10% travel, domestic US and international (Asia and Europe)
- No cold calling is required
- Employee must meet company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, by performing all work-related tasks in a manner in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- We provide excellent compensation package including health and retirement program and year-end performance based bonus.
Senior Engineer - Lens Design
Overview Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization's potential and what we hope it will become. Lead the development and implementation of innovative designs of optical ophthalmic devices (e.g. contact lenses) utilizing optical modeling / design systems and statistical data analysis. Act as subject matter expert in optical modeling system for advancing design methodologies and capabilities. This position will supervise direct reports, depending on business need – provide mentorship/guidance or lead sub-teams.
Responsibilities Technical leadership of design systems / methods development, development of product specifications and designs for ophthalmic medical devices (e.g contact lenses). Participate on product development project teams as optics subject matter expert, coordinate product testing, product/process data analysis and creation of design reports and presentations. May involve occasional domestic or international travel vendors or other B+L sites.
Interface w/ customers and internal functions to define and develop product specifications and designs
Develop contact lens designs using optical modeling and data analysis
Prepare design documentation including models, specifications and release documents.
Define and coordinate product testing (clinical and bench) requests
Participate on product development teams acting as optical subject matter expert and/or product advocate throughout the development process
Perform data analysis of processing data during product/process development
Prepare reports summarizing product design, testing and/or development data
Develop and implement design methods for conceptualizing and optimizing contact lens designs
Develop and implement procedures of design methods
Provide mentoring to less experienced Engineers and Technicians
Key Relationships: R+D development teams, Quality, Tool Engineering and Mfg, external vendors, Project Leadership and Functional Management
MS or PhD in Optics, Optical Engineering, or related curriculum.
Demonstrated expertise in developing optical models & designs w/ proficiency in optical design modelling software (Zemax preferred)
Demonstrated expertise w/ MS Office product (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and MS Project
Experience w/ statistical analysis applications (Minitab preferred) and programming using Matlab or similar analytical software preferred
Minimum 5 years relevant industrial experience in ophthalmic device or optical design development.
Subject matter expert in optical modeling system (Zemax preferred)
Technical Project Leadership experience
Optical design expertise
Familiar w/ regulated medical device development environment (ISO/FDA) preferred
Strong problem solving skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills including demonstrated ability to interact and influence all levels of the organization
Be Aware of Recruiting Fraud Valeant is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Job Applicants should be aware of job offer scams perpetrated through the use of the Internet and social media platforms. To learn more please read . Refer this job to a friend Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet
CategoryR&DPos. TypeFull Time
Contact Lens Specialist/Reception
We are a busy Ophthalmology and Optometry Practice seeking an experienced contact lens specialist. The right person will be joining our fun and outgoing team to create an excellent environment for both our patients and coworkers. This position will be working optical reception along with helping our contact lens patients. Excellent customer service skills, a good attitude, and being reliable is a must. Job duties will include but are not limited to: contact lens sales, ordering of contacts from manufacture/distributor,maintaining/tracking contact orders, contact lens trainings, answering phones, file/pull charts, check in/out patients, maintaing office supplies. Some optician experience a plus, but not required.
Contact Lens Technician
Our Contact Lens Technician is directly responsible for providing quality customer service in processing contact lens transactions including customer contact lens insertion and removal training. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, organized and detail-oriented with an ability to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment. This position requires a lot of teamwork and provides a great opportunity to join our practice.
- Maintains frames catalogues.
- Ensure rebate forms/info/material are up-to-date.
- Ordering contact lenses from prescription houses.
- Checking contact lenses on delivery to ensure that they meet the required specifications.
- Monitors tags on frames.
- Conducts frame and accessory inventory.
- Communicate with patients regarding their glasses.
- Communicate with patients regarding their contacts.
- Ensures glasses are ready for patients on time.
- Ensures contacts are ready for patients on time
- Packages and mails contacts to patients.
- Bilingual a plus
- Answers contact lenses phone fee inquiries.
- Orders Contact Lenses for patients and maintains proper Contact Lens Order Tracking.
- Keeps contact lens delivery areas clean.
- Keeps the contact lens room supplied with all necessary items, including tissues, soap, paper towels, contact lens solutions, samples, drops, solutions, cases, contact lens accessories and etc.
- Undertake computer training and development.
- Maintain and perform inventory of stock contact lens/cases, solutions, kits, supplies, etc.
- Returns defective, used and/or unnecessary frames/contact lenses for credit.
- Additional duties as assigned to ensure accomplishment of our mission.
Our practice prides itself on delivering eye care with a personal touch. We work as a team to make our office a welcoming environment. Patients will have a better experience at our office because they see how we respect and support each other.
Remember the principles and values and be proud that you are an important part of the Smyrna Eye Group Team.
-* Above all, we are dedicated to the professional practice of Optometry.
-* We will strive to please each patient to the best of our ability.
-* We will keep the visual welfare of the patient uppermost at all times.
-* To maintain the highest quality service to our patients, we will constantly upgrade our practice through education and the use of new Optometric techniques and procedures.
-* We need our patients as much as they need us; therefore, we will always smile and be pleasant to each patient.
-* We will always maintain an atmosphere conducive to providing the highest professional standards for our patients.
-* We will make every effort to work together as a team and to respect each individual patient, employee or visitor to our office.
-* We will conduct ourselves at all times in a manner which is consistent with all applicable laws.
-* We will maintain a high level of integrity.
Contact Lens Technician Optometric Pract
Contact Lens Technician Optometric practice needing someone with Contact Lens, Optical, and Computer experience. Please bring resume to Phillips Eye Clinic 4311 W. Wadley. Contact person Lizzie (432) 689-0323
Assistant Professor - AZ - Cornea & Contact Lens
The Arizona College of Optometry initiated its Doctor of Optometry program in September 2009, and graduated its inaugural class in May 2013. Full-time non-tenure track faculty position: Cornea & Contact Lens
Candidates are expected to be highly skilled clinicians who can teach courses and/or laboratories, provide clinical instruction to professional students as well as residents, and be involved in interdisciplinary practice with other professionals. Candidates must be willing to actively participate in curricular assessment, professional development, and service activities within the college, university and the scientific community. Candidates are also expected to be involved in research and scholarly activities, and have a sincere commitment to optometric education, community service and patient care.
Qualifications: Candidates must possess a Doctor of Optometry degree from an ACOE-accredited institution, must have completed an advanced degree and/or ACOE-accredited residency in Cornea and Contact Lens, and must be eligible for an Arizona optometric license. Primary eye care clinical expertise is also required. Salary: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. Please submit your application packet through MWU’s online job board. The online profile should include a letter outlining interest in the position, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of at least three professional references.
Send any additional questions to: Joshua Baker, M.S., O.D., Dean 19555 North 59th Avenue, Glendale, AZ 85308 By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Midwestern University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accord with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a).
Contact Lens Fitter
The Contact Lens Fitter is responsible for the fitting of all softand gas permeable contact lenses, orderingand delivery of contact lenses.The Contact Lens Fitter is also responsible for adhering to current departmental policesand procedures. Essential Functions:
Upholds KP's Policiesand Procedures, Principles of Responsibilitiesand applicable state, federaland local laws
Instruct patient on all aspects of lens wear through verbaland written instructionsand hands on (insertionand removal) practice
Explain contact lens fees, refund policiesand lens replacement agreements to patients
Measuring of corneal curvature (using keratometer)and pupil aperture for correct lens specifications
Observe patients' eye (using slit lamp) for pathological conditionsand refer to ophthalmologist or optometrist for treatment
Measuring of corneal curvature (using keratometer)and pupil aperture for correct lens specifications
Select lens material, conductand evaluate (including use of instilling fluorescein to eye) diagnostic fitting of contact lenses using Slit lamp
Documentation of all findings on Medical recordand other charts if needed
Complete all appropriate forms including: Contact lens processing record, Rx cards, Medi-Caland Medi-Care forms, etc
Make future appointments when necessary
Perform all other duties as required, including clerical as necessary, to ensure proper handling of contact lens patients
- As a representative of the organization, display courtesy to all patients, visitorsand employees, through the use of good mannersand polite communications Pay Grade: 25
Three (3) years recent contact lens fitting experience under the direction of a licensed Optician, Optometrist or Ophthalmologist. Education
High School diploma/GED. License, Certification, Registration
- National Contact Lens Examiners (NCLE) certification. Additional
Ability to perform preliminary vision tests, obtain patient history information, modifyand polish contact lenses andinstruct patients on proper careand use of contact lenses
- Ability to use contact lens modification unit, radiuscope, lensometer, slit-lamp biomicroscope, Burton lamp, auto refractor, keratometer, tonometerand CL diagnostic fitting sets.
Spanish speaking preferred.
Good problem solving skills/abilities. Notes:
This is a part time position, days and hours may vary according to departmental need.
Travel to all Orange County Optometry offices is required for operations backfill and coverage needs.
Saturdays are required and will be scheduled per contract language.
Posting is for 32 hours plus (32+).
This position will be part of optometry departmental seniority for all contact lens fitters in Orange County regardless of cost-centers used for funding (one seniority pool for all orange county). COMPANY: KAISER TITLE: Contact Lens Fitter LOCATION: Tustin, California REQNUMBER: 383149 External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Contact Lens Receptionist Floater
Calling all Medical Receptionists.....
DO YOU HAVE A PASSION FOR Eye Care and Administration?
DO YOU STRIVE FOR MAKING AN IMPACT THROUGH by assisting patients through excellent customer service?
We are now seeking to add an experienced Contact Lens Receptionist team member to a thriving, growth-oriented, patient-focused Ophthalmology practice in the Space City!
We are a Houston area group that is set apart from the crowd. As the largest Ophthalmology group in the Nation, our number one goal IS to provide general and specialized eye care to the entire population of Houston through many convenient locations.
Do you believe in our goal?
Then it's time to be a part of something special, and join a team that's relentless about making a difference through eye care.
We have a culture of compassion and cohesiveness, as well as a focus on staff growth, development and continued education. PLUS, we offer a comprehensive benefits package:
Medical and Dental Insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
PTO, Holidays and Bereavement Leave
Eye Care Benefits
Travel to multiple offices is required
Checking patients in and out, answering phones, verifying and filing insurances
Contact lens inventory management
Teaching contact lens insertion and removal
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
1 year of Optical/Medical office experience required
High School diploma or GED equivalent
Professional appearance and demeanor
Are you ready to apply? We're waiting to hear from you.
Optical Lens Account Representative
Account Representative – North Florida
We are one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high-quality progressive lenses. Famous for its Innovation, Technological Sophistication and rigorous Quality Assurance practices, It’s our technological expertise that has made it a company with vision.
Our Growth is your gain! Come join us as our Account Representative.
* Sell and promote our premium lenses throughout specific regions, primarily focusing on ECPs.
* Analyze customer needs and make presentations to sell and close accounts.
* Develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales in a professional and effective manner.
* Coordinate resolution of customer problems with products and services.
* Participate in industry seminars, conferences, and speaker bureaus for the purpose of building SII brand awareness.
* Maintain up to date understanding of industry trends and technical developments.
* Extensive knowledge of the wholesale optical industry
* Proven sales experience in the optical lens industry and familiarity with standard sales techniques.
* Strong presentation skills
* Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Self- motivated.
* ABO certification or the ability to obtain ABO certification is preferred.
* Optical Industry experience required
BENEFITS – Base and Bonus platform, Medical , Dental, 401k, PTO, travel expenses.
Yes, its real and ready for you! to apply for your new career , send your resume to Charisse@imatters.net
imatters represents the leading eye care practices, corporations, sales and research projects in the Nation. Good careers – start with great clients, better opportunities, where your aspirations become reality – we have those great careers.
Learn about these and more great clients through www.imatters.net and give us a call at 866.412.4115
Join imatters on social media! facebook - imatters.eyes and linkedin - imatters. Its imatters- leading the way with successful staffing in the eye care industry
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!