Fabric Machine Operator I Job Description Sample
Machine Operator – Fabrication I - Part Time
Generac Power Systems – Work with the leader in the power industry! Our office in Eagle, WI is seeking a Machine Operator - Fabrication I.
The Machine Operator – Fabrication I is expected to perform under the direction of the area supervisor, manufacture parts per plant specification in an accurate and timely manner utilizing a CNC Machining Center/Fabrication equipment while recognizing safety and efficiencies. This position reports directly to Production Manager or Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Regular and prompt attendance and the ability to work schedule as define and overtime as required.
Position and secure work piece in machine
Maintain a clean safe work area
Ability to read blue prints/Diagrams, tape measure by millimeters dial caliper and any other measuring instruments as needed.
Ability to follow directions and work in a team environment.
Previous experience with inventory control methods.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls.
High School diploma or equivalent
An understanding of machining/fabricating fundamentals
Ability to perform reading, writing, and math functions.
Ability to effectively communicate
Contributes to identifying problems and implementing appropriate countermeasures.
Intermediate PC knowledge.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Strong problem solving and reasoning skills
Ability to interpret drawings, schematics and machine specifications.
Preferred experience on equipment and automation consistent with a metal fabrication, paint, and assembly operation.
Intermediate mechanical aptitude, ability to understand complex issues and systematically work toward resolution.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Temperatures can vary from cool to warm depending upon the season. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
To fabricate quality parts in a cost effective manner which will be used in the production of surgical equipment and related items and/or contracted business.
- Set-up and operate fabrication equipment: CNC punch press, CNC Laser, CNC press brakes, manual shear,
mechanical presses and die sets, fabricator, plate roller, drills and tapping heads.
Program CNC press brakes and also adjust parameters within the CNC controls on punch press and laser.
Perform basic, daily maintenance on fabrication equipment.
Read and interpret fabrication blueprints, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), shop orders / routings
and other working documents.
Work with computers to claim shop orders, retrieve CNC programs and engineering blueprints and drawings.
Effectively use calipers, micrometers, Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM), steel rules, protractors and tape
measures to measure production parts.
- Take responsibility for the quality of all parts by inspecting and immediately reporting any problems,
discrepancies/or irregularities to the supervisor.
Follow 5S methodology to keep machines and work area clean, neat and orderly on a daily basis.
Assist in training other employees in the fabrication department.
Remain safety conscious at all times, wearing all prescribed personal protective equipment and by observing all
safety rules stated in the Employee Handbook.
Complete any and all projects, assignments and duties as directed and instructed.
Conform to all policies, procedures and rules of conduct as communicated through the Employee Handbook,
Bulletin Boards, Newsletters and any other vehicle by which information is distributed by STERIS Management.
Ability to perform duties with minimal or no supervision if needed.
Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and members of management.
Exhibit teamwork by working cohesively with the fabrication team to continuously improve.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
Req ID: 13713
Postal Code: 36109
Nearest Major Market: Montgomery
Job Segment: Engineer, Medical, CNC, Equipment Operator, Fabrication, Engineering, Healthcare, Manufacturing
Machine Operator / Brake Press Operator / CNC Operator
Brake Press Machine Operator / Machine Operator / CNC Operator
A company located in Duluth, specializing in distributing automotive parts, is seeking a Brake Press Machine operator or CNC machine operator.
CNC / Brake Press Machine Operator Responsibilities
Reviews samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job
Determine and program size of batches, speed of machine etc.
Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues
Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages
Proven experience as a machine operator 2-5 years or Vocational or technical completion- (Entry level)
Previous experience running and operating a Brake Press machine or something similar
Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.) or through schooling
Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
Read blueprints, schematics and manuals
Mathematical and analytical abilities
Able to configure outside of normal profiles and edit
High school diploma, Technical certification; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship or hands on work experience will be preferred
Keywords: Brake press, Turret Press / punch, MIG welder, steel, aluminum, galvanized, CNC, machinist, AMADA
If you feel you are a qualified candidate, please email your resume to:
CNC Machine Operator - Oil/Gas
Kelly Services, a global leader in staffing solutions , is seeking
CNC Machine Operators to work at an industry-leading Oil & Gas Services Company in the
northern Houston area (Aldine)! This is a great opportunity to work at a well-known company in an exciting industry. Both day and night shifts are available!
Shift : Day Shift (6a-6p) or Night Shift (6pm-6am)
Anticipated Start Date: Monday, November 12th, 2018
Duration : Long-term, possible temp-to-hire opportunity
Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
Sets-up and operates special purpose equipment, conventional (lathe and/or mill), and/or numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers for fabrication of metallic and nonmetallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards required within the organization.
Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required
HS Diploma or GED
1+ Years of CNC Machining experience
Ability to use both power and hand tools
Please Note : This position is being recruited for by a remote Kelly Office, not your local Kelly Branch. For immediate consideration towards this position, apply directly to this job posting or e-mail your resume to
Services , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune
100 companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
Litz Machine Operator
Produce top quality litz wire to required specifications by safely setting up and operating machines that bunch and twist wires of various configurations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate machine to produce product which meets required specifications at a high rate of production while maintaining quality standards.
- Set up machine.
- Complete in-process quality control procedures.
- Calculate usages and retrieve raw materials.
- Log production data into database.
- Ability to perform basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply and divide) on various units of measures.
- Good vision and strong attention to quality/detail.
- Ability to make appropriate decision in regards to problem solving, machine set up and product quality.
- Moderate knowledge and skill of mechanical operations; 1-2 years of machine operation or manufacturing is a plus.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 25 lbs and occasionally lift up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to see small defects and differentiate colors during in-process quality control procedures.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- High School Diploma or GED.
The environment is typical of many indoor manufacturing facilities. The noise generated within the facility is moderate and poses no risk to employee health. Employees frequently work on or around moving and heated equipment.
Machine Operator Ii-Atsm Powder Paint 1St Shift
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
STATEMENT OF JOB
The Finisher pre-treats raw and fabricated parts prior to painting by loading them onto a dipping system that runs them through a series of chemical baths. The finisher also paints a variety of parts using a powder paint system; helps load and unload the paint line, pumps chemicals to and from the chemical baths. Runs test on the chemicals and to insure they are within specifications. This position requires Associates placed in the position to successfully complete specific training. These training requirements can be located on the Marinette Operations Training Matrix.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, AND SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
Comply with the following Environmental, Health and Safety duties as a condition of employment:
Comply with safety rules
Attend and Participate in Safety Training
Participate actively in the safety process
Ask questions if something isn't known
Report all accidents and injuries immediately
Submit suggestions to improve safety
Know responsibilities in the event of an emergency (i.e. what to do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados, etc.)
Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
Must have Lock-out tags after 6 months
Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
Spill management and clean-up.
Air shutoff locations.
Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
Must be 18 years of age and have a HS Diploma or equivalent. Must be able to read and apply simple math, setting proportions work with testing equipment etc. Must be able to handle light and heavy weights while loading the lines. Must be able to work standing, bending, stooping for a variety of different jobs. Works with an electrostatic paint system, uses hoists, requires wearing respirator and protective clothing when painting and working with chemicals, requires occasionally working in confined space, and will be required to hold a valid forklift license.
1.From written instructions, fills tanks with metal conditioning and plating solutions. Following written instructions from the QC Inspector, makes all necessary additions to the solutions to maintain proper titration strength in the metal conditioning tanks. Periodically dumps all metal conditioning tanks.
2.From written or verbal instructions, mixes a variety of enamels and primers for the liquid paint line, insuring proper viscosity and color.
3.Lights, checks, and adjusts oven paint heater temperature and atomizing pressure according to verbal instructions and paint line situation.
4.Cleans paint booths periodically by removing grease layer from all surfaces and applying a new layer. Removes daily any accumulation of paint on the surface of the water reservoir.
5.Adjusts spray guns to gain the proper width and pressure to insure proper millage is applied to a variety of parts used in manufacturing fire protection equipment.
6.Prepares all parts for painting by manually loading parts on racks and into baskets and by using a power hoist, submersing the parts into the various metal conditioning solutions. Manually removes parts from racks or baskets and places them on carts.
7.Performs salvage operations by manually placing painted parts into baskets and submersing them into hot paint stripper. After removing parts from stripper, steel wools residue. Occasionally performs hand sanding on reworked parts.
8.Removes scale from shells by hand sanding shell prior to painting. Occasionally chips off weld splatter.
9.Performs minor maintenance on equipment and cleans phosphater by removing all nozzles and repairing piping.
10. Operates powder paint machine by using hand spray gun to cover difficult areas on parts. Adjusts material feed and fan as well as the positions of the automatic guns according to parts being painted.
11. Powder coats colors with a manual spray powder gun.
12. Visually checks powder paint supply and adds powder as needed. Insures reclaim machine is operating.
13. Vacuums powder paint machine and scrapes powder build up with scraper. Performs daily maintenance on spray guns, conveyor, and booth area.
14. Performs general repairs on equipment as needed.
15. Performs any additional duties as may be assigned.
Weaving Machine Operator - 2Nd Shift
2nd Shift Hours: Monday- Thursday, 3:30 PM- 1:30 AM, and approximately 2 Fridays and Saturdays/month during busy season which runs from February- June.
Note: 4-5 weeks training will be on 1st shift (5:00am-3:30pm Mon- Thurs)
About Merchants MetalsWe’re one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of fence systems in North America. With 38 distribution center locations, 5 manufacturing facilities, and a 60-year legacy of providing quality fencing and accessories, Merchants Metals continues to be the contractor and architect choice for excellence. Our complete line of products includes perimeter security solutions for industrial, commercial and residential applications.
The Weaving Machine Operator position is responsible for weaving wire strand into mesh fencing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates Weaving Equipment that forms wire strand into mesh fencing.
- Observes production output and records output, scrap, and material usage
- Accurately weighs all finished fence rolls.
- Produces quality product productively to the standard output rates.
- Moves finished rolls to designated Staging Area using electric pallet jack.
- Monitors product quality and alerts supervisor of process corrections.
- Uses electric butt welder to join wire ends during strand spool change.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required by business needs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
NECESSARY SKILLS, BACKGROUND & COMPENTENCIES:
- Must be able to follow workplace safety procedures and use the personal protective equipment required for the position.
- Excellent attendance required.
- Must be able to work in team environment.
- Usage of hands tools required.
- Ability to read tape measure.
- Physical requirements include standing for long periods of time, and pushing 30-40 lbs of finished product using an electric pallet jack.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
What We Offer
Be part of a Culture that values growth and development. We understand that to be a market leader we must be committed not only to our products, but also to our people. It’s our talent that helps make Merchants Metals the first name in fence solutions.
Merchants Metals offers an exceptional benefits program that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for Employees, Spouses, Dependents &/or entire Family
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Convenient 24/7 Doctor Visits through LiveHealth Online
- Legal Assistance via Legal Shield
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identify Theft Protection
- Access Perks – Discounts on products and services with companies nationwide.
- 401k Retirement Program with strong company match.
Part Time Machine Operator
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving. And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today! Royal offers a competitive wage and benefit package - including quarterly bonuses based on profitability, outstanding health insurance, ownership in the company through our ESOP (retirement) plan, and much more.
CNC Machine Operator - 3Rd Shift
Must have previous CNC machine operating experience where you had to program or enter job specs into a computer terminal!
Starting Pay Rate: Up to $14/hour Depending on experience
Third shift works Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm to 6am; Friday 6pm to 11pm (48 to 53 hours/week).
- MUST have woodworking experience.
- Must be familiar with industrial table saw operation.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Experience with setting up and operating a CNC machine
- Ability to read and interpret documents, blueprints, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to understand general programming
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude
- Experience with basic measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, surface plate checks and optical comparators
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!