Facilities Supervisor Job Description Sample
Distribution And Facilities Supervisor
Outdoor Network is looking for a Distribution and Facilities Supervisor to join our distribution Center Team.
The holder of this dual-function role performs supervisory activities for distribution activities, while also ensuring the safe, efficient, and continued functionality of the Organization’s conveyors, PLCs, and other equipment.
This is a critically important role, and offers a significant amount of opportunity for the right person.
If you possess a tremendous amount of mechanical aptitude, have electrical know-how, and are team-minded, please read-on and apply!
Primary duties and responsibilities, not limited to:
Distribution Center Supervisor (45% of Time)
- Monitor and improve quality and accuracy of outgoing packages, rectify and report discrepancies.
- Assume ownership of all team processes and activities, as defined by the Distribution Center Manager.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Analyze, recognize, and rectify or reward employee behavior and performance, as appropriate.
- Perform regular review of employee performance, including formal annual review.
- Monitor, adjust, and enforce employee schedules and timecards.
- Monitor and manage workload on the floor and make appropriate adjustments to enhance efficiency.
- Supports and collaborates with other Outdoor Network entities in execution of their respective objectives.
- Maintains a culture of safety throughout the warehouse by reinforcing safety policies and procedures.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to improve efficiency and optimize cost effectiveness.
Facilities Maintenance (45% of Time)
- Continuously monitor mechanical and electrical industrial distribution equipment (conveyors, rollers, racks, PLC’s, etc) to ensure maximum efficiency and uptime.
- Track preventative maintenance requirements, safely and effectively perform preventative maintenance on all Distribution Center equipment according to manufacturer recommended schedules, and maintain accurate logs of activities.
- Notify the Systems Engineer of all significant equipment issues, or problems that are outside the scope and ability of the Distribution/Facilities Supervisor.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot equipment for improper wear and/or malfunction, to include photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, variable frequency drives, linear drives, and encoders.
- Responsible to manage the cleaning and care for buildings, facilities and warehouse equipment in order to ensure they are free of health or safety hazards.
- Project management, supervising, and coordinating work of contractors.
- Maintain accurate spare parts inventory records, maintain adequate spare parts inventory, monitor and maintain control of inventory.
Other Duties (10% of Time)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or equivalent (Technical training preferred).
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations, and measure linear and cubic dimensions.
- Broad knowledge of material handling, warehouse operations and transportation systems.
- Basic knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety rules.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an understanding of diverse backgrounds and an emphasis on communication.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize complex computer systems.
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently solve complex processes and systems within a team.
- Warehouse fulfillment maintenance experience with 3-5 years’ experience in distribution or fulfillment maintenance settings.
- Demonstrated ability to read and accurately interpret block diagrams and/or schematics
- Intermediate understanding electrical systems, including how DC and AC work and differ; amps, voltage, watts knowledge.
- Advanced mechanical aptitude, knowledge and ability.
- Background and experience with conveyors, air compressors, scanners, electronic control, or industrial building maintenance required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedures manuals is required.
- This position requires a team player attitude, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to details and project coordination.
- Ability to be on call, and respond to system-down issues within a reasonable time-frame (less than 2 hours).
Founded in 2000, The Outdoor Network is a group of websites, authorized power equipment dealerships, major distribution facilities, and expert human resources dedicated to the sale and distribution of original manufacturer (OEM) and aftermarket parts. On our websites - Partzilla.com, Boats.net, and Firedog.com - you'll find over a million in-stock parts for motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, PWCs, outboard engines, scooters, and power equipment of all sizes. Over the past 16 years, our flagship ecommerce websites, Partzilla.com and Boats.net, have proudly shipped more than 2 million orders to 120-plus countries. We're not only online, though; Outdoor Network operates a full-line powersports dealership as well as a marine dealership.
It took a lot of talent and hard work to get here, and will take even more to get to the next level. Whether your passion is motorcycles, ATVs, or watercraft, an exciting work environment awaits you at Outdoor Network. We look forward to hearing from you!
Housing Facilities Supervisor
The Facilities Housing Supervisor will be responsible for supervising and coordinating catering staff, on-duty housing coordinators, and all facilities operations personnel. This position will inspect and ensure that all bedrooms, corridors, dining room, recreation rooms, storage, and other areas are properly cleaned on a daily basis in accordance with Patterson-UTI guidelines.
This position performs under the direct supervision of the Facilities Manager.
· Provide supervision and guidance regarding the day-to-day operations of the facility to ensure work is carried out according to established policies and procedures in a safe and efficient manner
· Assign and monitor tasks among operations personnel and must be able to coach, mentor and discipline personnel
· Ensure the efficient operation of assigned facility by keeping all equipment in good repair and conducting daily inspections of quarters, dining room, recreation rooms, laundry, training rooms, storage, and dining areas to ensure cleanliness and to make certain sanitation standards of housekeeping services are maintained
· Prepare necessary reports and paperwork to keep management apprised of activities in the area and to ensure established goals are met
· Bring to the attention of the manager all equipment that requires maintenance and or replacing
· Supervise and inspect the work of vendors at the housing facility
· Responsible for all facilities-related tasks such as; plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing and/or adjusting all types of hardware, plumbing, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners, cosmetic items, and programming televisions
· Observe energy and utilities usage within the housing facility and grounds to ensure proper energy conservation
· Maintain a thorough log of each day’s activities and problems to pass along to other shifts
· Initiate and foster productive customer relationships to ensure customer needs are met consistently and in a timely manner
· Follow all Company policy, processes, and controls in performing assigned duties
· Promote a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees of all backgrounds feel included and their contributions are valued
· Make employment decisions in a manner consistent with all Company policies, including the Company’s Equal Employment Opportunity and Anti-Harassment Policy
· Promptly address and resolve concerns and disputes among team members, with the goal of building a stronger, more cohesive work group
· Performs other related duties as required or deemed necessary
· Ability to monitor fire alarm/life safety systems as necessary and be fully informed of the system operation to handle emergencies involving the systems.
· Ability to lead by example and be a good mentor to junior employees
· Ability to create a safe environment and respond to emergency situations
· Must possess strong computer skills (.e.g., reports, email, spreadsheets, graphs, etc.) as well as other business systems as required
· Must be able to utilize standard formulas and basic mathematical equations to plan effective use of capital with operating expenditures to protect facility assets
· Must be able to verbally communicate directions and expectations effectively to the facilities personnel, third parties, and all levels of internal/external contacts
· Maintain professional demeanor in all situations and with excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills and the ability to work effectively with executives, employees at all levels, and third parties
· Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Extremely detail oriented with the ability to multitask and prioritize work
Demonstrated ability in the following leadership competencies:
· Builds and Maintains Effective Relationships
· Develops Self and Others
· Builds Effective Teams
· Courageous Leadership
· Managing Vision and Purpose
· Business Acumen
· Drive for Results
· Customer focus
· Decision Quality
· High school diploma or GED
· 1-3 years of experience in a facilities role
· 1+ years of experience in a supervisor role
· Bachelor’s Degree or Technical School
· Experience within the oil field services industry
This job requires the ability to work under time-sensitive deadlines and maintain a calm and professional demeanor when adversity is encountered. It also requires the physical ability to work in a facilities environment including the ability to stand for long periods of time. The job may require some overtime including weekend or holidays. All applicants must be able to commit to a full-time schedule.
This position is considered Open Until Filled.
The Facilities Supervisor at Thunderbird Treatment Center (TTC) is responsible to oversee day-to-day maintenance of agency facilities/grounds/equipment required for the safe, effective and efficient operation of the center and the people at the center serves. The position will engage in a range of responsibilities from supervising, office work to handyperson duties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consults with manager to identify and address maintenance needs at TTC
- Ensures all work requests are completed in a timely manner and reflect quality workmanship
- Ensures regular communication and follow-up with manager and staff regarding maintenance needs and status of maintenance requests
- Ensures buildings/grounds consistently clean, neat and professional appearance
- Assists with maintenance and repair of agency buildings, grounds and equipment including preventive maintenance, as required
- Assists in ensuring all health and safety building/ground issues are resolved immediately, as appropriate
- Makes light plumbing, electrical and carpentry repairs, as requested
- Ensures agency maintenance machinery/equipment is properly maintained, kept clean and stored in a secure location
- Ensures restrooms are clean and stocked
- Assists with emergency repairs and maintenance at all sites including evening and weekend emergency calls
- Assists with training and special event set-ups as requested
- Assists in purchasing, receiving and delivery of items as requested
- Oversee compliance of facility related policies at TTC
- Supervise janitorial staff and work through any janitorial scheduling conflicts
- Coordinate projects with outside contractors as directed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have at least 3 years of relevant experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum one year experience in related facilities and grounds maintenance.
- Valid WA Driver’s with safe driving record
- Current, valid liability insurance
- Ability to operate agency vehicles in accordance with agency policies
- Familiarity with the health and social issues facing American Indians/Alaska Natives and a desire to promote the delivery of appropriate health services to this population.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and evenings, if needed.
- Ability to successfully complete a background check required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with arms and hands; climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk, sometimes on uneven terrain. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee frequently works in high precarious places. The employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
Building And Facilities Supervisor
Provide leadership to the Facilities maintenance group and manage the OSHA Process Safety Management Program. Responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing building operations and services.
- Facilitate resolution of requests for maintenance, repairs and equipment issues
- Develop maintenance routines and preventative maintenance schedules for plant systems to include, ammonia refrigeration, HVAC, MUA units, HPHW, etc.
- Maintains and coordinates the effectiveness of PSM policies, processes and procedures
- Assist departments in developing, updating and revising Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to meet good manufacturing practices, documentation requirements and ensure compliance with the PSM program elements
- Participates in the process of recommending, justifying and incorporating financial needs to invest in resources and equipment that will reduce overall operating costs, generating long term savings and asset life optimization
- Conducts field compliance audits, and supports PSM audit activities
- Help to develop and track key PSM performance metrics
- Conducts property management duties including maintaining MUA units, the HVAC, roofs, piping, and the utilities.
- Manage approved Capital projects specific to experience in respective areas of responsibility
- Safety program review with employees qualified to work on systems and contractors hired to support, maintain and perform other duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Supervise the performance of all maintenance services, control quality, efficiency and professionalism
- Resolve personnel issues in accordance with company guidelines and policies
- Outline and implement training programs for completion of PSM and RMP by current employees
- Oversee employee participation and adherence to PSM programs and policies
- Oversee contractors working on systems and in the facility for maintenance activities or capital projects
- Participate in the Performance Management Process
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- 3-5 years of ammonia experience in a PSM regulated facility.
- 5+ years of management in maintenance or related field
- 3-5 years experience managing a PSM as the program coordinator or similar experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Previous experience with a CMMS and OSHA general safety guidelines preferred
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Leadership: Sets a clear vision of where the team needs to go and sets a positive example that encourages others to follow to get the job done properly
- Problem Solving: Able to think clearly and rationally, solve problems systematically, and make right decisions quickly
- Results Orientation: Consistently delivers required business results; sets and achieves achievable, yet aggressive goals; consistently complies with quality standards and meets deadlines
- Analytical Thinking: Able to overcome problems by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Forward Thinking: Able to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies
At every point in our legacy, we have contributed to our industry through quality, service and innovation. We remain dedicated to these values today, evolving their meaning as we grow into the future state of Ed Miniat LLC.
- Schedule, assign and perform duties in carpentry, electrical, painting, plumbing, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), roofing, landscaping.
- Systematically Inspect facility and evaluate equipment for needed repair and/or maintenance.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests.
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures and maintain the software-based preventive maintenance program.
- Assist VP in contracting services, working within purchasing practices and policy as appropriate.
- Coordinate and work with outside vendors and contractors.
- Actively provide for a safe work environment; participate in Safety Committee meetings and provide recommendations for policy or standard operating procedures (SOP) revisions or additions.
- Maintain 5s standards of all maintenance work areas.
- Coordinate with VP on annual budget development and monthly expense management.
- Maintain all tools and equipment in good working order.
- Assist Maintenance employees with related administrative and human resources issues as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or associates degree preferred.
- Three to five years supervisory experience.
- Three to five years of extensive maintenance and/or mechanic experience (carpentry, plumbing, electrical, grounds maintenance, boilers, air conditioning, etc. or relevant combination).
- Trade certifications preferred
- Valid driver’s license.
- Available nights and weekends.
- Proficient in Computer Applications including the MS Office Package and e-mail communications.
- Ability to lift, push, pull 40 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and communicate effectively with co-workers, management, contractors and all others doing business with and for Goodwill.
Founded in 1951, we are one of 164 regional Goodwill organizations throughout the US and Canada. With the support of our donors, customers and partners, we make a little goodwill go a long way!
Goodwill is a 100% nonprofit organization committed to giving people a “hand up.”
POSITION PROFILE Supervises day-to-day operations of specified 1-3 person site. Does not have hiring, firing or job performance responsibility for the personnel on site.
At these sites, the employees report directly to the IAM. May run shifts or site solo. Develops, implements and reviews related procedures.
Invoices accounts and interacts with customers; assists in maintaining acceptable profit levels and ensures that customer expectations are met. The Site Supervisor is the point person on site for customer issues and contract compliance. Functions as a document specialist or other operations worker. If a site exceeds 3 people, it must have a Site
Building Facilities Supervisor
Summary Statement Plans, coordinates and manages small to mid-level maintenance and construction of public buildings and grounds. Assists in the establishment of facility standards for various City buildings and facilities.
Manages and coordinates the work of maintenance mechanic staff and is responsible for the professional development of these employees. Work is performed under general direction and is reviewed for accomplishment of objectives and for effectiveness of services. Essential Functions Organizes, coordinates and supervises maintenance and repair, and assists in the establishment of facility standards for multiple City facilities and grounds.
Oversees small to mid-level construction and remodeling of building facilities by staff or contractors. Reviews blueprints, plans and schematics for facility infrastructure repair and maintenance. Provides direction to maintenance staff in their operational activities.
Monitors work performed by staff and by contractors for quality control, timeliness and conformance to specifications. Establishes and assigns work priorities and reviews work of staff. Works with Building Planning and Maintenance Manager to determine extent of work to be done internally versus the need to contract with independent contractors. (40%) Develops working plans, layouts, cost and material estimates, and bid specifications for buildings, equipment, grounds and improvements for small to mid-level projects.
Reviews architectural drawings for conformance to project design needs. Assists City departments, engineers, architects, designers and vendors in evaluating projects. Prepares construction schedules.
Applies for and obtains needed building permits. (20%) Utilizes a Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) program to implement and manage corrective and preventative maintenance programs for all building structures, electrical, mechanical and emergency systems in all the City facilities.
Maintains supply inventory and orders equipment and supplies. Approves division purchases and expenditures. (15%) Works collaboratively to resolve building safety, facilities and general grounds concerns with appropriate departments.
Assists in the establishment of safety programs and ensures safe operation and handling of equipment, supplies, hazardous materials and vehicles. Assumes a proactive role to achieve and maintain regulatory compliance in areas such as the Americans with Disabilities Act, and Occupational Safety and Health Act. Participates in the development and implementation of procedures for updating and streamlining operations.
Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively to provide quality, seamless customer service. Develops innovative solutions to accommodate needs of all users. (15%) Supervisory responsibilities: Employees in this position are authorized to recommend and/or effect the full range of duties (with appropriate managerial review), including hiring, performance evaluations, transferring, promoting, assigning of significant duties, rewarding, disciplining and terminating employment; exercise independent judgment to direct others work and have the authority to take corrective action; and, utilize people skills to communicate, motivate and direct or oversee a person, group, department, or organization. (10%) Performs other duties as assigned.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. Total Percentage 100% Requirements Required Knowledge, Experience, And Training Requires education and/or experience to attain the following: Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Public Administration, Construction Management or closely related field and five years of increasingly responsible experience in maintenance and operations of buildings and facilities, including three years experience supervising a skilled and/ or semi-skilled workforce, and or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Intermediate knowledge of property management principles, methods and practices; principles, methods, materials and practices used in the construction, renovation, maintenance and repair of facilities common to a medium municipality; principles, methods and practices of construction project planning, budgeting and accounting; principles and practices of budget development and administration; safety regulations, safe work practices and safety equipment related to the work; methods, equipment, and materials used in the maintenance, repair, and construction of buildings, and installation of equipment; operation, maintenance and repair of complex chillers, air conditioners, pneumatic and electronic equipment; electrical, plumbing, mechanical, structural, and building maintenance trades and techniques; codes, regulations and guidelines pertaining to buildings and the work; electronic security, access control and fire alarm systems; egress priorities and requirements; energy conservation programs; automated maintenance programs such as the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software packages, its use and operation; computer applications related to the work; and principles and practices of effective management and supervision. Ability to establish job standards and to organize, coordinate and train technical personnel; plan and supervise the work of others; prepare schematics, estimates, and bid specifications; use sound judgment and independent discretion in establishing policies and priorities; diagnose malfunctions of complex mechanical equipment; establish and maintain effective record keeping and preventive maintenance programs; display an attitude of cooperation and work harmoniously with all levels of City employees, the general public and other organizations; communicate effectively in the English language at a level necessary for efficient job performance; complete assignments in a timely fashion; understand and comply with all rules, policies and regulations; maintain prompt and regular attendance; and perform all essential and marginal functions as assigned by an authorized employee, supervisor and/or manager with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals must be capable of operating vehicles safely and have an acceptable driving record.
Preferred Knowledge, Experience, And Training Seven to ten years of facility management experience, with a progressively increasing level of responsibility in building systems, projects and construction management or a related field; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Certification in Facilities Management or equivalent training/education is preferred. Licensing And Other Requirements Valid driver's license.
Special Requirements All applicants must be able to successfully pass City of Boise background check processes which include reference checks and criminal history checks. Applicants must be able to pass, or have: Driving Record Check Working Conditions The physical effort characteristics and working environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical Efforts While performing the duties of this job the employee is rarely lifting/carrying up to 20 lbs. Also the employee is rarely pushing/pulling up to 20 lbs.
The noise level is rarely very loud. Work includes sensory ability to talk, hear, touch and feel. Work in this position also includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Employees will sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, grasp, climb and balance. Position requires hand/finger dexterity. Working Environment The work environment will include inside conditions, outdoor weather conditions, in wet and humid conditions, with areas of dust, odors, mist, gases or other airborne matter.
Employees work in/at heights and are exposed to mechanical, electrical hazards. Employees will also drive a vehicle as part of this position. Work includes protected exposure to bodily fluids, and chemicals.
This position works: weekends and after hours as required for emergencies. SDL2017
Medxcel Facilities Management is here to lead the transformation of healthcare facilities management by incorporating a new approach to providing services. Created by healthcare, for healthcare, we have a dedicated focus on our people and customers, as well as providing tools, processes, support resources, data analytics and insource strategies that drive results.
The Facilities Supervisor will provide general and day-to-day direction staff for Medxcel Facilities Management within the Facilities Department of St. Vincent Medical Center Riverside- Jacksonville, FL. He or she will also provide overall planning and assists in setting the strategic direction to achieve operational and financial goals for all safety, utility and building systems. This position maintains physical plants at peak efficiency and minimum cost by performing such duties as preventive and corrective maintenance scheduling, energy management and regulatory compliance. The Facilities Supervisor will ensure that regulatory and safety compliance is appropriately documented.
Facilities Operations Support:
- Develops strategic and operational policies and plans and executes strategic plans.
- Develops and oversee staffing, training, scheduling, budgeting in the Facilities Management department.
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by performing safety audits and inspections, conducting safety-related training, and maintaining on-going communications with employees.
- Manages building operations and maintenance, plans and operations, furniture and equipment inventories, utility operations, energy management, and grounds maintenance.
- Oversees major infrastructure repair and renovations projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance, and vendor/contractor performance.
- Acts as the liaison for all remodeling, renovation and construction projects as it relates to product standards, design standards, scheduling shut-downs and system interruptions.
- Communicates with customer, vendors, internal and external partners on the status of work and issues effecting services.
- Reviews and authorizes purchase requests to ensure service agreements are met and maintenance services are in compliance with procedures and budgets.
- Maintains external relations related to Facilities Management including government relations, local, State and Federal regulatory agencies, The Joint Commission (TJC), insurance carriers, and others as needed.
- Ensures that facilities are maintained, secured, renovated and constructed according to departmental/organizational policies, procedures, plans and initiatives.
- Assists with the development of and compliance with departmental budgets, including capital, operating and construction budgets.
- Ensures continued compliance with all Federal, State and local regulations and TJC standards.
- Collects, compiles and audits regulatory compliance documentation.
- Works directly with vendors and Purchasing to request proposals for repairs, maintenance and capital improvements.
- Directs the daily assignment of work to ensure safe and efficient plant operations.
- Serve as change agent throughout the organization.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Lead and guide lead(s) to obtain optimal performance and operational excellence.
- Ensures appropriate staffing coverage to support safe and efficient plant operations.
- Manages staffing, performance evaluation and training activities, and assists with capacity planning for staff and contract labor.
- Represents the company with internal and external customers and sets the example for exceptional customer service.
- Requirement of High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field preferred.
- Five years’ experience in the maintenance and operation of a physical plant and/or building maintenance for a large facility required.
- Three years’ experience in a large, multi-campus healthcare system preferred.
- Three years’ supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Joint Commission, NFPA, state and federal regulations for healthcare facilities preferred.
- Computer skills- Proficiency in basic MS Office programs and web-based work order systems
- Demonstrated general knowledge of plant operations systems.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyses information skilfully.
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Ability to Adapt – the individual will need to adapt quickly to changes in scope or direction and be flexible to adopting changes quickly
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, including technology, tools, and processes.
- Strong analytical abilities for understanding and interpreting building system documents, prints and layouts are required.
- In-depth knowledge of boilers, chillers, pumps and water systems.
- Critical thinking skills
- Decisive judgment
- Ability to delegate tasks, follow up on assigned tasks and report on progress of work
- Ability to train others on technical components, applicable regulations and internal procedures to ensure efficient and safe plant operations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment
Software Powered by iCIMS
Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
Lafayette area facility is seeking a building maintenance supervisor to join their maintenance crew. Maintenance would include industrial facility and offices. This position is responsible to provide technical / physical support in the area of electrical and mechanical maintenance - maintain plant equipment and systems in good operational condition in order to ensure safe and efficient production utilization.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Supervisor will supervise other members of the maintenance crew and provide them with repair projects throughout the facility.
- Troubleshoot basic electrical systems using 240V and 480V 3 phase systems.
- Maintain compressed air systems.
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Basic plumbing skills.
- Basic welding skills.· High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years experience in the industrial manufacturing environment.
- Complete and thorough understanding of safe practices and principals with an emphasis on behavior and PPE.
$20/hr (Raise in pay after permanent hire)
Full time hours. Day shift.
- Previous building maintenance experience
- Pre-employment screening
- Reliable transportation to and from job site
- Temp for hire position
Please submit complete resume for review to be considered for this career opportunity.
Facilities Maintenance Operations Supervisor
We are an established multi-state commercial construction company servicing multiple Fortune 500 companies.
The Facilities Maintenance Operations Supervisor manages a pipeline of work orders for repair and maintenance for all trades across a specified geographical region working with the Operations team including Administrative Assistants, Scheduler/Dispatcher, the OPS Manager and other OPS Supervisors, as well as Field Supervisors and Logistical Support staff. This will include all aspects of project management. As work orders are received the OPS Supervisor reviews the scope, the Priority level, available resources, and other factors, and dispatches technicians to address the client needs and complete the repair. When additional work is needed, the OPS Supervisor makes all arrangements for follow on work. The OPS Supervisor will also create proposals to the client for additional work and budget increases.
The OPS Supervisor works from our Fullerton office during office hours. The OPS Supervisor will also be available to answer after-hours phone calls as needed.
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain highest levels of internal and external confidentiality.
- Review client work orders and assign field technicians based on scope, geographical location, resource availability, client Service Level Agreement, and individual technician skills.
- Contact field technicians via phone, email, text, and in-person, to line them out.
- Follow up with technicians before they leave a job site to ensure completion of work or verify what work remains if the technician was not able to complete work on first trip.
- Interface with the Scheduler for completing technician’s proposed daily routes.
- Review photos, notes, emails, and field reports.
- Using photos from field technicians, complete a Quality Control check on completed work before submitting order for invoicing.
- If additional work needs to be done, make all necessary arrangements for follow up work.
- Prepare and submit proposals to the account manager.
- Coordinate with Operations staff, client corporate headquarters, and site managers for access schedules, key programming, alarm codes, and work schedules.
- Track job costs including materials and labor to ensure each job comes in on or under budget.
- Monitor projects to reduce or eliminate overtime.
· Be available for On Call/After Hours support via company issued cell phone.
· When/if needed, travel to job sites in company provided vehicle for estimating, QC or supervision of work.
· Interface with technicians before they leave for the day to ensure that they have all of the necessary materials, tools and equipment for their jobs and that they understand the scopes of work.
· Interface with technicians when they return to go over all work completed, that all tools and equipment are serviced and returned, and all paperwork and photos are submitted before they punch out.
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated ability to estimate job costs.
- 10 years of work experience in the construction/facilities maintenance industry.
- (Work experience can include working in a trade, as a field supervisor or construction superintendent, Project Engineer, Project Coordinator, Junior Project Manager or Project Manager, Operations Manager, Facilities Maintenance Supervisor, Facilities Engineer, or similar occupations.)
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven, service oriented environment.
- Team player yet able to work independently, with demonstrated ability to be flexible, responsive and to take initiative.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills – able to work effectively with all levels of staff.
- Convey a strong positive personal and professional image with excellent standards of professional behavior and ethics.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities, display attention to details and is tenacious with follow-ups.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus.
- Consistently handle situations with tact, maturity and patience, and able to work well under pressure.
- Highly motivated, energetic and resourceful.
- Strong customer service orientation; responds to customers’ needs with a sense of urgency, and with a “How can I help” mindset.
- Ability to exercise judgment in managing confidential or sensitive information
- Ability to handle diverse personalities.
- High attention to detail.
- Must only be satisfied by a high level of quality and workmanship.
- Familiar with construction documents, blue prints, environmental reports, site maps, etc.
- Able to work beyond normal office hours (sometimes weekends) during peak periods
- Intermediate computer skills and Microsoft Office skills, especially in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direct others for results as needed. Requires minimum 5-7 years demonstrated people management work experience.
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
BASIC COMPANY REQUIREMENTS:
Need clean DMV and background.
Ability to pass drug test and physical.
Paid Time Off benefits – PTO
Retirement Plan – Company Funded
Medical & Dental: 100% PAID BY EXCEL FOR EACH EMPLOYEE, 50% PAID BY EXCEL FOR FAMILY.
Vision: 100% PAID BY EXCEL FOR EMPLOYEE AND FAMILY
Aflac: 100% PAID BY EXCEL FOR EMPLOYEE – Includes Accident Advantage, Cancer Care, Short Term Disability, Life, and Telemedicine. Employee has option to buy-up for their family.
Submit resume with salary requirements to HR@excelconstruction.biz
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!