Facing Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Machine Operator - Production Silvercote
The role of Lamination Machine Operator is to safely produce a quality product according to the guidelines of the customer's work order. The Machine Operator works in a team work environment with other operators. This role requires cross training on various aspects of machine operation. Candidates must be able to work first and/or second shift and live in the Greenville, SC area.
- Assists in the operation of the laminator to ensure that products are laminated in accordance with quality standards as well as verifying that facing, fiberglass and tabs meet work order requirements by visually inspecting the products
- Machine set up, change overs, facing changes, machine start up and shut down
- Basic machine trouble shooting and mechanical skills needed
- Bags and stack finished goods/products, reset machine after each product, assist with product and facing changes
- Mathematic and ability to read and understand units of measurement
- Maximize product output daily
- Using a variety of hand tools, as needed
- Maintain a clean and safe work area, report any issues/concerns to management
- Adhere to all safety regulations and procedures
- Able to recognize substandard product
- Accurately cutting down rolls on band saw
- Performing general house-keeping responsibilities
- Peer to Peer mentoring of new hires
- Cross training on other machines
- Operation of forklift, once certified
- Warehouse duties, loading and unloading trucks
- Assist with counting inventory
- Ability to work flexible hours to include work over time and weekends
- Attention to detail
- High school education or equivalent
- Prior manufacturing or production experience helpful, 1-2 years
- Basic mechanical aptitude
Special Tools/Equipment Used:
- Basic hand tools
- Regularly required to walk, bend, reach, lift, crouch and stand during shift
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs plus, repeatable
- Drive vehicle and following rules of the road
- Moderate noise level
- Regularly exposed to a fast-paced environment
- Repetitive motion
- May be exposed to extreme temperature changes and dusty conditions when in the plant/branch
Silvercote, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Knauf Insulation, manufactures high quality laminated insulation for steel and wood frame buildings. Silvercote offers several high R-value insulation systems for commercial construction applications. Silvercote also produces high quality retail products, such as water heater jackets, pipe wrap and duct wrap for today's energy conscious consumers.
With headquarters in Greenville, SC, Silvercote is growing and looking for talented people, who want to think freely and develop their skills and experience. Working at Silvercote is an opportunity unlike any other you've had. You'll be challenged, inspired and proud to be a part of our team. Silvercote's working environment thrives on the initiative of its people and it works!
Manufacturing - Machine Operator - Plastics Machine Operator - Molding
Job Title: Operator
Location: Delano, MN
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
The employees in this position are responsible for the overall operations of the machine and the manufacturing of good quality parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and operates molding machine in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to meet scrap and production goals.
- Ensures quality of parts coming off machine.
- Reads and follows the molding process sheets, correcting any errors immediately, in writing, to their supervisor or lead person.
- Continually communicates with their lead person, maintenance, quality control and/or supervisor whenever they have questions or need assistance regarding any of the requirements of their job.
- Keeps their work area clean and organized. Places all parts to be trimmed in crates or on pallets.
- Fills out production reporting paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Keeps productive materials appropriately stocked.
- Communicates effectively with prior and subsequent shifts.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by Solar Plastics.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or other members of management.
(The essential duties and responsibilities will have been satisfactorily completed when the following are demonstrated) Note: This only pertains to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position and is not all inclusive of the entire performance evaluation process. Acceptable performance is based on first time quality of molded parts, machine productivity and work area cleanliness and organization.
Copier/Scanner/Fax, Computer, Phone System, Welding Equipment, Lathe and Mill Operation, Hand and Power Tools, Forklift, Ladders
- understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- understand problems, collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- communicate with individuals face to face; requires ability to hear and speak effectively.
- express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately and quickly.
- orally and in writing, communicate technical information.
- add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy
- be able to see and hear 8+ hours per day.
- have visual acuity to perform activities such as running production machines, etc.
- possess good manual and finger dexterity (working with small bolts, nuts, screws, adding inserts, flushing out parts, flaming parts, etc.).
- sit, stand and walk up to 8+ hours per day.
- work at a rapid speed, twist, bend, push, pull, carry, stoop, reach and grasp 8+ hours per day for activities such as working on equipment, making repairs, etc.
- work in confined, tight spaces. Requires continuous finger movement and keyboard usage for carrying and using equipment, tools, etc. Extensive wrist movement is required.
- lift 50+ pounds, unaided on a regular basis. (hoists are available and should be used for parts and molds that exceed this weight level).
- use hand tools.(i.e, power drills, hammers, routers, etc).
- Exposed to heat, cold and potential internal temperature changes up to 8+ hours per day. Exposed to outside working environment when salvaging parts, roof and grounds work. Exposed to solvents when part cleaning, acids/corrosives when cleaning floor, dust, dirt, fumes/vapors/gases from plastics processes, ovens and propane tanks.
This position works independently 8+ hours per day and occasionally works directly with others. Must be able to work the hours/shift required. Ability to work additional hours, as needed to accommodate issues that may arise in the 24-hour operation.
This position exists in a production and shop environment, with occasional need to enter the office.
Personal Protection Equipment
- Eye safety glasses necessary to enter production area.Hearing protection must be worn when excessive noise is present on the production floor and in the shop.
Solar Plastics, LLC provides employees with a wide variety of benefits that include:
Life, AD&D & Dependent Life Insurance
Long-Term and Short-term Disability
Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan with Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Plan
Automatic Payroll Deposit Availability
CNC Machine Operator
Seeking excellent career opportunities? Looking for stability and growth in a company? Riverside is the place for you! We are growing and looking for additional team members!
Join our company and have the opportunity to work in the aviation and high tech industries. Our overall company mission is to provide custom precision manufacturing and innovative services to medical, aviation, space and defense and emerging high tech industries. We offer our employees competitive wages and benefits and the opportunity to grow and advance their careers. Our work environment is clean with a focus on safety.
CNC Machine Operator (2nd Shift)
The purpose for this role is to operate a variety of CNC machines, Swiss machines, and manual turning machines. Machine Operators will perform a series of machining operations as defined in the job routings such as turning, boring, threading, and facing on metal and plastic work pieces.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position may participate in one or more of the following duties as directed by supervision or management.
Machine Operators will be asked to run a variety of different machines. These machines include Verticals, Horizontals, Swiss, and Turning. The following information includes the duties and responsibilities involved with these various machines.
- Reads and understands blueprint, job routings, tooling instructions, and standard charts for such specifications as dimensions, tolerances, and tooling instructions such as type of holding fixtures, cutting speeds, feed rates, and cutting tools to be used.
- Understand run out, tool length stick outs, and proper holder based on what the tool is doing.
- Must be able to run more than one machine where cycle time permits.
- Perform Quality Control Characteristics documentation of tolerance zones specified on blueprints.
- Inspect parts using tools that include, but are not limited to micrometers, calipers, and height stands
- Straighten plates and parts as needed with Arbor press or other methods.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
- One-year certificate in Machine Tool Operator from college or technical college; or 0-1 year experience in a similar position in a machine shop and /or training.
- Ability to read blueprints and working knowledge of GD&T.
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Exceptional problem solving and decision making skills and the ability to think independently.
- Personnel performing acceptance activities of product shall have natural or corrected near-vision acuity of 20/20 in at least one eye per Titmus screening or equivalent.
Want to speak to the recruiter about the position? Click or Copy/Paste this link into your browser: https://flashrecruit.com/u/385
This organization participates in E-Verify.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Women/Minorities/ProtectedVeterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Vision of Riverside is to be the world leader in Custom Precision Manufacturing. We will accomplish this by building and maintaining strong healthy partnerships, and by exceeding customer expectations of Quality, Service, Innovation and People. These core values will guide our staff and create a successful organization.
We will actively promote a solid environment in which community involvement, open communication, opportunities for growth, and mutual respect is realized.
Our employees take pride in their work by providing our customers quality product, service, and innovative solutions.
We are looking for motivated individuals who want a challenging employment opportunity!
Machine - Machine Operator
Title: Machine Operator
Primary Objectives of Position
Manufacture high quality tablets and/or capsules in an efficient and safe manner that complies with cGMPs and meets product specifications.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. High School education (HS Diploma or GED preferred)
2. Experience in food/pharmaceutical/nutraceutical processing operations, FDA regulated industry, or combination of experience, education, and training that provides the level of knowledge, skills, and experience needed to successful perform the job
3. Able to read, write, and speak in English
4. Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, rounding)
5. Detail oriented
6. Effective problem-solving skills
7. Ability to work independently and in a team environment
8. Ability to maintain a positive, professional, cooperative demeanor
9. Ability to foster productive working relationship with management, coworkers, vendors and customers
10. Ability to interpret, comply with, and support Company policies, procedures, work rules, and protocols
11. Ability to adapt effectively to workplace changes and new job duties/responsibilities
12. Ability to represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times
Physical Demands With or Without Accommodation
1. Ability to stand for extended periods of time (approximately 6-8 hours)
2. Ability to repeatedly bend, twist, and stoop throughout an 8-10 hour shift
3. Ability to frequently lift up to 25 kg (55 lbs.)
4. Ability to be exposed to considerable noise from machinery
5. Ability to be exposed to nutraceutical raw materials and powders
6. Ability to wear PPE as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Sets-up equipment for processing operations.
2. Operates two or more of the following machines and processes as trained, instructed by supervisor, and in compliance with all safety and cGMP regulations:
§ Weigh up materials
§ 10ct V blender
§ 30cf V blender
§ Bosch GKF2000
§ IMA Zanasi
§ Ultra 8
o Tablet Compression
§ XL100 Korsch
§ XL400 Korsch
§ XPRESS700 Manesty
§ Fitz Mill
§ Fitz Mill
3. Promptly reports material, process, and equipment concerns, questions, and/or problems to supervisor for proper handling
4. Completes and verifies batch record entries, equipment log books, and other relevant documentation and records
5. Monitors process and equipment, making necessary adjustments as needed or required, to maintain batch record specifications
6. Tears down machine and equipment in accordance with training, instructions by supervisor, and in compliance with all safety and cGMP regulations
7. Cleans and maintains processing rooms and equipment
8. Assists Junior Operators with paperwork and machine processes as necessary
9. Works with personnel from other departments as necessary to ensure safety and quality in production
10. Follows established department SOP's, Company cGMPs, and all instructions, whether verbal or written
11. Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations
12. Maintains a safe work environment and functions in a safe manner
13. Performs other duties, job related or otherwise, as assigned
14. Takes a 35 minute lunch within first five hours of punching in
15. Takes two 15 minute breaks – first break before lunch, second break after lunch
Machine Operator | Plating Machine
- Follow procedures for polishing dies, polish dies for set amount of time
- Follow procedures for nickel plaiting dies, nickel plate dies for set amount of time
- Check titration levels and perform other tests as needed
- Adjust chemical mixtures daily to yield perfect results
- Improve processes and procedures to achieve overall efficiency standards
- Clean polish and nickel tanks on a weekly basis
- Quality check of all dies to determine if they can be moved to the next step in the production process
- Keep work area clean and free of safety hazards at all time
- Communicate with all other departments to ensure customer requirements are fully met
- Any other tasks as instructed by leads, supervisors or managers
- Assist other Finishing areas when needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to chemical fumes or airborne particles as well as moving mechanical parts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Mostly standing and walking work. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., 40 hours per week with occasional overtime on Saturdays.
Preferred Education & Special License(s)/Certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- OSHA Hazwoper 40 hour, preferred but not required.
- Prior plating experience.
Kocher+Beck USA L.P. is an equal opportunity employer.
CNC Machine - Screw Machine Operator
Job purpose: To effectively operate CNC multi axis lathes , CNC Swiss type lathes, CNC Milling machines or Cam operated Screw Machines to produce quality parts for various industries including Hydraulics and Aerospace.
Job Duties include but, not limited to: Ability to follow blue prints and produce quality parts within required tolerances. Ability to accurately use gages such as micrometers and calipers.
Familiar with pitch micrometers, thread gages, etc. a plus but, we can train. Maintain an organized and safe work area Shift: 1st (7:30am-4:00pm), 2nd (3:30pm-12:00am) or 3rd (11:30pm-8:00am)
Machine Operator / Production Operator
Now hiring 1st and 2nd shift at $11 hr to start
The Company offers a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k), 10 paid holidays, paid vacation and personal days. Manufacture of silicone-based sealants, adhesives and lubrication products, plus PVC foam materials, for a wide range of applications.. Currently, we are experiencing growth in our PVC Foam and Silicone Sealants and Adhesives divisions. Openings exist for experienced talent for 1st and 2nd shift production opportunities.
- Experienced Mixers (5+ years’ experience)
- Machine Operators
- Packaging Operators
- Quality Control Technician (5+ years ‘experience)
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength 15 lbs to 40 lbs lifting
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
CNC Machine Operator / Set Up Operator
We are opening a second location and we are seeking CNC Machine Operators to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
- Set Up or Operate CNC 3, 4, 5-axis Mills, CNC Lathes, Citizen Swiss Style Screw machines, 9-axis multitasking machines
- Signing off on full measurements of first part and showing operator how to run the machine or part
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Previous experience in plant operations or other related fields
- Familiarity with machine tools and equipment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to read print measurements
We offer full benefits with 60% of employee's premium paid by employer. We are running two facilities and at both locations we have 3 shifts available. Day shift runs from 8am-5pm, Mid shift runs from 4pm-1am, and Third Shift runs from 12am-9am. Shift differential is offered for Mid Shift and Third. We also offer a 401K program.
Post Bachelors RA - Cloud Development – Outward Facing UI Development
Organization and Job ID Job ID: 307296 Directorate: National Security Division:
Computing & Analytics Group: Software Engineering & Architectures .
Job Description The Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) seeks a Post Bachelors Research Associate to assist in the development of external interfaces for DOE ‘energy asset score’ programs. Information about commercial building assessment can be found at: https://energy.gov/eere/buildings/building-energy-asset-score.
Information about Home Energy Scores can be found at: https://betterbuildingssolutioncenter.energy.gov/home-energy-score This will include the development of external, web-based interfaces that will assist certified energy assessors in performing residential and commercial based energy audits. Development efforts will include the transition of web-acquired information to energy assessment models provided by DOE National Laboratories to generate asset score reports applied by government and commercial organizations. The objective is to provide web-based auditing and assessment tools that will minimize the manual effort needed to perform an energy, supply a model-based estimate of energy usage, and provide energy saving recommendations to the client. Candidate will learn and apply PNNL’s software systems engineering process in an agile development environment to provide quality products to our DOE client and real-world consumers. .
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must have received a Bachelor’s degree within the past 24 months or within the next 8 months from an accredited college or university. Minimum overall GPA of 2.5 required. .
Preferred Qualifications A computer science, mathematics, or other degree in that emphasizes information technology / computer science) is preferred. Working knowledge of Cloud-based, web-based development environments is highly desired.
Experience with automated functional test tools is a plus. Experience with Ruby-on-Rails is a plus. Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred. .
Equal Employment Opportunity PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. . Directorate:National Security DirJob Category:Post-Graduates and Post-DocsGroup:Software Eng & ArchitecturesOpening Date:2018-02-09Closing Date:2018-02-24
Senior UX Designer – Customer Facing
Senior UX Designer – Customer Facingat Stitch Fix(View all jobs) San Francisco, CA MultiThreaded Engineering, UX and Design at Stitch Fix At Stitch Fix, our goal is to help our customers look great and feel great about themselves by revolutionizing how people shop. In a time-starved world where shopping often feels overwhelming, our business connects customers to clothes they love. Whether it's helping someone dress for success at a new job or taking the stress out of packing for a family vacation, we fix clients' closets – and they love us for it! We've built unique, innovative software for clients, merchandising, warehouse and inventory management and remote styling. We leverage vast amounts of client data to personalize our service and make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our clients and a very successful business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we're looking for incredible people to contribute! About the Product Design Team Our design roles are oriented around user experiences, not a platform. The Product Design team supports four major platforms: customer, styling, merchandising, and warehouse. We initiate and support cross-product projects. Stitch Fix has a user-centered culture and we help surface user research to the teams who use it to make decisions. The team is currently small, so we're looking top-notch designers to help us shape design process within the company. What You'll Do
UX! Integrate qualitative and quantitative learnings about our users and our business to propose thoughtful, user-centered features, flows, and interface designs
Help plan & manage projects. from collaborative ideation to research strategy to execution
Deliver production-quality design solutions for Stitch Fix customers
Partner with cross-functional teams in collaborative problem solving and user-centered design
Work with other designers and team members to test and evaluate your designs – whether that’s running a usability study, partnering with our data science team to data mine interactions, or working with marketing to survey existing customers.
Work closely with engineering and QA to ensure that the deployed design is the right level of polish and quality for its purpose
Integrate the results of A/B tests to improve customer experience
Partner with our branding and visual design teams to deliver high-quality visual interface designs
Work closely with the Marketing team as you craft great user experiences and ensure that UX requirements are met for customer-facing product
Be an integral part of our team by contributing to style guides, evangelizing UX in the company, providing design feedback and critiques, and helping us all be better at our design practice About You / Requirements + 5-7+ years experience as a UX / product designer for consumer-grade software
You have an “always-learning” attitude and practice
You have a fundamentally user-centered and reality-based approach to UX design
Strong in gamification, user acquisition/conversion, and the psychology of ethical persuasion
Strong interaction design and flow design skills
Strong visual interface design skills (branding not required)
Experience working on top-grade consumer or prosumer products
An educational background in human-computer interaction, interaction design, communication design, or similar
Experience designing for multiple platforms – native mobile and responsive web
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Supplementary design skills, like motion design, sound design, and/or front-end Why you'll love working at Stitch Fix...
We are a group of bright, kind and goal oriented people. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
We are a technologically and data-driven business
We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day About Stitch Fix Stitch Fix is an online personal style service for men and women combining art and science to disrupt and redefine the retail industry. We’re the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology and unique product to deliver a refined and deeply personalized shopping experience. We leverage vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity; and we’re looking for incredible people to contribute! We’d love for you to help us carry on the trend.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!