Family Nurse Practitioner Job Description Sample
Family Nurse Practitioner FNP Or Advanced Nurse Practitioner ANP
We are seeking a Family Nurse Practitioner or Advanced Nurse Practitioner to become a part of our outpatient team! You will focus on providing high quality patient care as part of a healthcare team.
- Diagnose and treat acute, episodic or chronic illnesses
- Prescribe all necessary medications and treatments
- Perform comprehensive physical examinations of patients
- Develop and implement patient management policies and procedures
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Communicate with collaborating physician or specialist regarding patient care
- Must be a licensed Nurse Practitioner in the state of New York
- Must be fluent in Spanish and have a minimum of 3 years outpatient experience
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
Family Nurse Practitioner / Adult Nurse Practitioner (Student Health)
Client located just north of NYC near White Plains, NY is needing coverage 2 days a week, in a college environment, beginning mid January 2018 for several months.
Young Adult College Environment
Starting mid January
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9a-5p
Practice Fusion EMR system
Complete support staff
3-4 patients per hour
Paid malpractice and hourly compensation
Diabetes, colds, flu, HBP, Pregnancy testing, splinting, Immunizations, vaccines, sutures, Infections, Asthma, et al.
Family Nurse Practitioner - FNP
Connecticut Primary & Urgent Care! 1204171495
Family Nurse Practitioner / Colchester, CT 06415 - New start-up clinic in Colchester, Connecticut providing Family Medicine and Urgent Care has an immediate position for an experienced Family Nurse Practitioner. FNP must be capable of and comfortable with autonomous practice seeing patients of all ages. Experience should include interpreting x-rays, suturing and casting. Physician supervision is available by phone. This is a new state-of-the-art walk-in clinic in an upscale shopping center near Starbucks, Stop 3 Shop and Snap Fitness. Hours are Monday-Thursday, 8AM-6PM. Colchester is one of the fastest growing towns in Connecticut with a population of over 16,000 and the town center is listed in the National Register of Historical Places. Colchester was also the first town in Connecticut to be certified by the National Wildlife Federation as a Community Wildlife Habitat. Must be Nationally Certified with a Connecticut License. Salary $100K plus. Benefits include health, pto and 401k with match!
All fees are paid by the employers who contract with us to assist them in their recruitment efforts. We provide a dependable and confidential service, and we are independently owned by Ray E. Smith, an experienced healthcare recruiter. In addition to recruiting for job opportunities for established clients, we focus on your needs as a candidate. We confidentially market your skills in the geographic areas you indicate and to only those types of practices as you described.
We serve as an intermediary during the interviewing and negotiation process. Know when you receive an appropriate compensation offer, and understand your benefits, paid continuing medical education, and malpractice insurance options. All interviewing and relocation expenses are paid by the employer. We advise our employers to provide written agreements or contracts in order that both parties have an understanding of the employment terms. By qualifying each employment situation, we make sure you don't go on wild goose chases. No one involved wants to waste time and money.
Because we are affiliated with a number of selected associates throughout the country, we are able to have intimate knowledge of employment opportunities in specific geographic regions. These affiliations facilitate a swift location of job opportunities and provide a greater ability to find qualified candidates quickly.
By carefully coordinating with you, we never conflict your efforts with those of another candidate or another employer. Our confidential and thorough work makes sure you there aren't unnecessary phone calls at your current job. There are no surprises and no disappointments.
Family Nurse Practitioner FNP
Established Otolaryngology ENT Practice in Brooklyn, NY seeking board-licensed Family Nurse Practitioner for hands-on clinical care.
Master of Science in Family Nurse Practitioner MANDATORY
-2 Office Locations, each complete with Allergy Division, Surgical Suite, Audiology Dept., & Vestibular Lab
-Excellent support staff complemented by latest touchscreen EMR/EHR system for efficient patient care
-Incredible Referral Base
Learn to identify and manage patient care issues related to the ear, nose, throat, neck, and sinuses. This includes learning options & courses of treatment for chronic sinusitis, sleep apnea, allergies, vertigo, hearing loss, and tinnitus. Reading to develop a knowledge base & shadowing our doctors for hands-on learning occurs before implementing physician directives as an autonomous care provider.
Skill sets to be taught & mastered include:
Flexible Nasal Endoscopy & Fiberoptic Laryngoscopy
Ear cleaning & cerumen removal
Nasal cautery & post-operative nasal debridement
Nasal packing for epistaxis
Generous compensation package includes:
-Health care coverage
-Medical Liability Coverage
If you are not satisfied in your current setting & prefer a more hands-on experience that includes an array of specialized ENT procedures, this is an amazing opportunity!
Family Nurse Practitioner NP / Physician Assistant PA
We have a position open for a family practice mid-level provider at Reedley and Squaw Valley, CA. New or experienced FNPs and PAs are welcome.
· Monday - Friday, No Call, No weekends (unless desired), or Hospital, 10 hour shifts are available
- Great staffs and cheerful work environment
· Benefits: 401k Pension Plan and a very generous Profit Sharing Plan, Medical and Dental Plan
· Signing Bonus
- Salary up to $165,000 including generous benefits package AND performance bonus
· Rural Health Status (Qualified for Federal National Health Service Loan Forgiveness Program)
· 4 Primary care facilities
Located 30 min to 1 hr from Fresno, this community provides the backdrop for the good life, wide-open spaces, close to Kings Canyon and Yosemite National Parks, with lots of scenic room to roam, wonderful school districts and community activities.
Please for you CV.
San Joaquin Prime Care Medical Group
Family Nurse Practitioner
Family Nurse Practitioner
Medical, Dental and Vision. Worksite Wellness Program, EAP, 457 retirement fund, 403B retirement plan with 3% matching after 1 year of employment, 160 PTO hours within the first year and so much more.
1.Provides diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients, including performing history and physical exams and prescribing therapy; managing acute, chronic, and preventive care; and referring for hospital and specialty services and managing acute and chronic OB/Gynecological conditions. These services are provided under a supervising physician.
2.Assists patients in prenatal, postpartum and newborn care.
3.Reads X-rays (initial interpretation), interprets laboratory results, results of outside tests and reports from outside consultants.
4.Makes competent health care diagnosis and treatment decisions with appropriate consultation with other clinic staff.
5.Provides or supervises patient information and education.
6.Assists in establishing guidelines for management of patients in collaboration with provider and nursing staff.
7.Assists in monitoring the quality of laboratory, X-ray and other clinic services.
8.Provides input to the Health Care Plan, clinic improvement activities and the site team.
9.Assists in the Quality Improvement program and development and implementation of quality guidelines and peer review.
10.Attends clinical and organizational meetings including clinic staff meetings, site team meetings, provider meetings, and All-Staff meetings. Attends additional meetings as assigned by the Medical Director.
11.Assists other staff to comply with any special conditions of grant awards, rules, regulations or laws.
12.Provides triage services after hours as required by the site’s on-call schedule and assists in provider coverage for unanticipated leave.
13.Assists with in-service training programs.
14.Adheres to the infection control policies and procedures.
15.Maintains patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
16.Ability to be sensitive to the needs and problems of the low income and a diverse population. Must be able to relate effectively to persons of varied ethnic, racial, educational, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
++Education or Formal Training & Experience:++
Masters degree in Nursing.
Certification by the American Nurses’ Association as a Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner and
Certified Nurse Midwife Degree preferred.
Current Colorado medical license required.
Current DEA certification.
++Minimum Three (3) years in a family practice++ with OB/GYN required.
ACLS Certification preferred; BLS required.
++Knowledge, Skill & Ability:++ (include materials and equipment directly used)
Working knowledge of equipment typically used at the Health Centers.
Ability to work independently in professional manner.
Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
Ability to understand and present verbal instructions and to exchange verbal information is essential.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous working relationships with patients, staff team members, insurance entities and others.
Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Locum Family Nurse Practitioner - Minot AFB
Loyal Source has exciting locum opportunities for civilian Nurse Practitioners to work with the U.S. Air Force supporting our Active Duty troops and their families.
These positions will allow you to travel without getting a new state license. We have openings for the following locations:
Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH
Tyndall AFB, Panama City, FL
Patrick AFB in Cocoa Beach, FL
Hurlburt Field in Pensacola, FL
Hanscom AFB near Bedford, MA
Maxwell AFB in Montgomery, AL
Minot AFB in Minot, ND
ANY state license is accepted
Housing and travel accommodations
3-4 month contracts
Must have 24 months in the last 36 months in the same specialty
For more information please contact Samantha Valens at , or send a resume to
If you feel this opportunity is not right for you, please pass along this information and visit our website at and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for other current and future positions.
Family Nurse Practitioner
We are entering a new growth phase, as a proven care delivery model for the highest-risk. We are a team of committed clinicians and business leaders passionate about transforming American healthcare delivery. We build and lead integrated, multi-disciplinary clinical teams to care for the most complex patients and currently serve over 150,000 patients in eight states across Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial populations. We strive for excellence and have achieved significant and measurable improvement in total cost of care, clinical outcomes, and experience.
As a subsidiary, we benefit from the scale and resources one of America’s largest managed healthcare organizations. The division oversees strategy, operations, and care delivery in our primary care markets (Iowa, Tennessee, Connecticut), where builds and runs capitated primary care medical groups and currently serves over 22,000 high-risk Medicaid and Medicare patients, as well as our collaboration with Emory Health System, which brings the model to over 20,000 Medicare Advantage patients in Georgia.
The division also supports the development of new markets and models in the Primary Care & Collaboration area, including multiple new markets planned in 2018 and 2019. Our comprehensive approach to care includes extensivists managing acute and post-acute episodes of care, primary care clinicians, behavioral health clinicians, care management & engagement with case managers and community health workers, and mobile home-based care.
We are continuing to evolve our model to effectively engage and care for complex patients and are building a team of passionate and execution-minded leaders dedicated to this mission.
Essential Duties and
- Acts as primary care provider in spirit and action, assuming longitudinal panel management responsibility for the care and outcomes of his/her panel
- Proficient in the diagnosis, and treatment of primary, secondary, and tertiary health conditions to ensurebest possible clinical outcomes; includes formulating comprehensive treatment and education plans for patients requiring intensive chronic disease management and primary care
- Orders appropriate lab tests and diagnostic procedures and interprets results to aid in health promotion and accurate diagnosis and treatment of illnesses; prescribes medication or other forms of treatment
- Effectively collaborates, coordinates, and communicates with members of the multidisciplinary team and outside providers; expertly leverages all resource included in clinical model and fosters cohesion within clinical team
- Accurately documents patient medical information and appropriately assigns the correct coding for acute and chronic conditions in a timeline fashion
- Responsible for managing his/her population of patients longitudinally through high-touch interactions and delivery of clinical services in the Care Center or other settings such as the patient’s home, as appropriate, and under the direction of the physician leadership
- Participates in on call rotations, which may include after-hours, weekend and holiday calls and visitations
- Follows evidence-based practice guidelines and practices within scope of practice Participates in ongoing educational activities at the local, divisional, and organizational levels Work location and travelexpectations: Based in local market with local travel
- Minimum of 3-5 years of clinical experience as a nurse practitioner; experience with complex primary care (internal medicine, family medicine); or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- 5-7 years of experience working as a nurse overall, including experience across outpatient (primary care, behavioral health, home care), and inpatient acute care settings (ICU, CCU, telemetry, ER)
- Master’s Degree in Nursing and Board Certification Current unrestricted RN license and NP license in applicable state required.
- Prescribing authority/DEA licensure in good standing as required in the state in which you are applying preferred
- NPI billing number
- Proficient in use of EMR and other technology use
- Must be flexible with local traveling within the assigned county for daily home visits and covering assignments for teammates in case of emergency
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and occasionally lift patients.
- Optional: Bilingual (Spanish)
Family Nurse Practitioner
Our Client, A FEDERALLY QUALIFIED HEALTH CENTER is seeking a FamilyNurse Practitioner with Primary Care experience.
- Must have completed a Nurse Practitioner program
- Must have a New York Nurse Practitioner License
- Schedule: Monday to Friday 8am-4pm, or 9am-5pm
- Must be a Board Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Competitive Salary plus full benefits offered
- Loan Forgiveness
TAL Healthcare provides full-service recruitment services for all of our clients. We represent and place in permanent positions a wide variety of healthcare professionals including (but not limited to):
- Senior executives (C-suite)
- Financial managers and leaders
- Information Technology (IT) professionals
- Supply Chain specialists
- Nurse Managers
- Nurse Practitioners
- Revenue enhancers
- Practice Administrators
- Billers and Coders
- Managed Care Administrators
"Partnering with our clients to build talented teams and advance the healthcare careers of our candidates."
"Identify, attract, engage and connect the best possible talent while building, nurturing long-term relationships with our client partners based on integrity, trust and the on-going pursuit of excellence."
"Develop and retain the best consultants where trust and caring are central to fostering professional growth; integrity; ethics; quality; professionalism; continuous improvement; and to embrace innovation and change."
Family Nurse Practitioner
Comprehensive Health Center (FQHC) in Northern Virginia seeks an energetic and experienced Part-Time Family or Adult Medicine Nurse Practitioner to join our dynamic team! This is a part time position offering up to thirty (30) hours per week in a comprehensive health care environment, a portion of which will be dedicated to providing primary medical care to psychiatric patients. Psychiatric and behavioral health care will be provided by the behavioral health medical staff of a third party agency.
Our mission is to provide excellent and affordable medical, dental and behavioral health services by being compassionate, culturally competent, and accessible to all.
Nurse Practitioner Qualifications: Current Commonwealth of Virginia Medical licensure required. Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible. At least five (5) years of progressive Nurse Practitioner work experience required.Must adhere to guidelines for meeting re-certification requirements for area of practice. Current DEA certification required. Must meet annual continuing medical education (CME) requirements.
Public health or community health experience is a plus. Must enjoy working as part of a clinical care team and have excellent clinical skills. Proficient computer and EMR skills required. Bilingual skills are a plus.
- A Competitive Hourly Rate DOE
- A State-of-the-Art Facility
- Comprehensive Benefits to include Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off (PTO), 401k Retirement Plan with Matching, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability coverage for 30 hours per week position.
- An opportunity to work with a dedicated team of professionals committed to providing quality care to all of our patients.
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our patients each day.
Become an integralpart of serving the community! Contact us today!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!