Family Practitioner Job Description Sample
North East Medical Services (NEMS) is a non-profit community health center serving the medically-underserved populations of the San Francisco Bay Area. NEMS is one of the largest health centers serving Asians in the United States.
NEMS operates ten clinics throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, with the main clinic located at 1520 Stockton Street in Chinatown/North Beach; five additional clinics in San Francisco's Portola, Visitacion Valley, Richmond districts and Sunset districts; as well as satellite sites in Daly City and San Jose.
NEMS has over 60 health care providers who offer a range of medical specialties.
Provides primary medical care to all patients in accordance with the physician's medical specialty
Develops a plan of care for each patient, including: complete medical history, physical examination, diagnosis, appropriate treatment
Hospitalizes NEMS patients when appropriate and serves as the attending physicians for the patient during his/her stay in the hospital
On rotation, serves as the on-call physician when the NEMS clinic is not open
Assists in the training of para-professional and non-medical personnel
Very competitive signing bonus, FRINGE BENEFIT PACKAGE including on call pay, NEMS 401 (k), 457 plan, and Profit Sharing Plan, Year-End Bonus, Performance and productivity incentive, Forgivable Housing Loan, Nine (9) Paid Holidays, Two (2) Float Holidays, Up-To-Date Subscriptions, Continuing Education Leave, State License and DEA Fees, Parking, Corporate Events
Licensed to practice medicine in the State of California.
Board eligible or certified.
Medical Center is seeking a BC/BE Family Practice or Med-Peds Physician with Emergency Department experience to join their group. ACLS, ATLS, BLS, and PALS certifications are highly preferred. This opportunity is an employed position. Average # of patients- 25/day, 4 day work week, and includes 1: 5 call schedule. There are 3 physicians and 1 extender in the group.
Financial: - Malpractice coverage with tail
Competitive benefits package
Relocation Facility: - Provides surgical, emergency and diagnostic services.
In addition, services for the community include specialty clinics and a primary care clinic.
Location: - 50 miles from Greenville, NC - About 100 miles to Virginia Beach, VA or Raleigh, NC - The charming community is known for its historic homes
It boasts a relaxed lifestyle
Southern hospitality at it' s best
It is situated along the west bank of the picturesque Chowan River.
Excellent opportunities for water-related activities, including boating and fishing.
Residents are also able to enjoy access the city and the beach, as the town is located two hours east of Raleigh and about an hour and a half west of North Carolina' s beautiful Outer Banks.
Family Or Internal Medicine Nurse Practitioner Or Physician Assistant
Hemet, California Job #10919011
- Work as a Provider to a number of high-complexity patients.
- Personal patient home-visits that typically last about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Manage patient medications, educate patients, treatment plan, and future care plan.
- 2+ years of Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant experience. Board Certified.
- Current, unrestricted NP or PA licensure. Prescribing authority.
- Proficiency in a language in addition to English, specifically Spanish preferred not required.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
Family Nurse Practitioner
- Seeking an experienced Family Nurse Practitioner to join a growing clinic.
- Team currently has a Family Nurse Practitioner, Certified Medical Assistant and Medical Office Assistant
- Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, generous CME
- Oregon Licensure or eligibility
Access to abundant outdoor recreation, cultural events and festivals and superb schools.
Easy access to the Pacific Ocean, Cascade Mountains and Portland Metropolitan area.
West Hartford, CT – Family Practice Nurse Practitioner Or Physician Assistant – Per Diem
ProHealth Physicians is expanding its patient services and is currently interviewing for per diem or part-time Family Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants for ProHealth's Express Care Centers located throughout Connecticut (locations are listed below). The hours of the Centers are generally weekday evenings and daytime on Saturdays and Sundays. The Centers treat patients ages 4 years old and up and function with a full staffing compliment.
Center Hours – Evenings and weekends only
Mondays – Fridays 5:30PM – 9:00PM, Saturdays 9:00AM – 5:00PM, and Sundays 10:00AM – 2:00PM
Flexible part-time hours, schedule negotiable
No major holidays and no call
The Express Care Centers offer many of the same primary care services available at ProHealth's traditional
practice sites and are located within existing ProHealth practices.
The locations include:
Family Medicine Centers (treating patients 4 years old and up):
Internal Medicine Centers (treating patients 12 years old and up):
Licensed as a Physician Assistant (PA) or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (Family Practice trained) in Connecticut.
REQUIRED: At least one year of post-training primary care, urgent care, or ED experience and the ability to work independently
Certified Family Practice Nurse Practitioner
Cedar Park Pediatric and Family Medicine Clinic (cedarparkdoctors.com), two locations in Cedar Park at Cypress Creek Road and 183 and at Ronald Reagan Blvd and 1431, is hiring a full time or part time Certified Family Medicine Nurse Practitioner to care for adolescents through elderly.The hours are Monday – Friday 8-5pm or 2-3 days a week for a part time staff. Cedar Park Pediatric and Family Medicine Clinic is a well-established Primary Care Physician owned practice that specializes in medical care for the entire family; including babies, children, teens and adults, and the elderly.
- Provides patient services under the direct supervision and responsibility of the designated supervising staff physician.
- Obtains medical and personal histories
- Performing physical exams
- Educates patients and families
- Prioritizes and assesses patients.
- Provides primary care through wellness visits and assessment
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses to a variety of patients.
- Maintains standard universal precautions.
- Administers and prescribes medications and completes treatments according to hospital policies and within age-specific parameters.
- Maintains and completes all necessary patient record documentation.
- Licensed in the state of Texas as a Registered Nurse
- Unrestricted active Nurse Practitioner Texas license
- Board Certified
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- Graduate of an Advanced Nurse Practitioner accredited program.
- At least 1 year experience practicing as a Nurse Practitioner
- Ready to take over a full schedule quickly after orientation period
- DEA Registration upon hiring
- Outstanding bedside manner with adolescents through elderly
- Positive, energetic attitude
- Team oriented with strong sense of personal responsibility
- Happy to serve
- Desire to contribute to a pleasant and successful clinic
- Strong time management
- Solid multi-tasking, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to accomplish tasks in the most timely and efficient manner
- Ability to work in fast pace setting
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated computer skills with EMR experience preferred
- Management and supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Malpractice Insurance
- 13 days PTO
- 7 paid Holidays
- 401k with safe harbor match after 1 year employment
- Wellness Program- Discount Membership to Gold’s Gym
- Professional Expense Stipend (for CME, licenses)
Adult Family Physician Assistant Or Nurse Practitioner
New York, New York and Bronx, New York Job#10934665
- New York Internist with offices in Manhattan and The Bronx has a position available for a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner.
- PA or NP should have at least 3-5 years experience in adult medicine or family practice.
- Successful candidate must be able to evaluate and develop a plan of care for medical patients.
- Capable of independent practice.
- Office hours are Mon-Friday, 9AM-5PM with no weekends or call.
- Must live in Manhattan or Bronx area.
- Should also be nationally certified with NYS NP license.
- Competitive compensation with room for growth, including bonuses, based on performance.
Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant - Family Medicine
PeaceHealth is seeking a Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant - Family Medicine (Walk-In) based in the Bellingham community.
Req ID: 162009
We are expanding our Walk-In services for patients in Bellingham with NP's and a clinical support staff including 2-3 medical assistants and 1 front office. There is a strong bond and dedication to PeaceHealth in our community.
This clinic will be open 7 days a week with extended hours. A full-time work schedule typically is 3-4 days per week. It is 100% outpatient with no OB.
The successful candidate will be Board Certified Nurse Practitioner, eligible for licensure in the State of Washington with at least 1-2 years experience required. This position may also be filled by an experienced Physician Assistant.
Competitive compensation and great benefits including: 2 health plans options, dental, and vision coverage
Generous paid time off
Fully paid malpractice insurance.
In addition, Washington State has no state income tax.
Bellingham, Washington is located 90 miles north of Seattle and 45 miles south of Vancouver, British Columbia. You will be sure to love this vibrant cultural community and university town located on a pristine saltwater bay.
The city is surrounded by spectacular beauty form the San Juan Islands to majestic Mount Baker. Bellingham has excellent school systems - from pre-school right up to technical colleges and a university. It is a friendly and fun community!
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please contact Karla J Lacktorin.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest.
In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community, along with our benefits offered, please visit our homepage
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Location: Bellingham, Cordata Building (207)
Job Category: Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician
Work Type: Full Time
Posting Notes: Bellingham Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician Nurse Practitioners Full Time FAMILY PRACTICE SVCS
Family Nurse Practitioner Or Physician Assistant
Palm Springs, California Job#11040557
- Employed Family Medicine FNP or PA position joining well established facility.
- Traditional Outpatient Practice seeing patients of all ages.
- New grads encouraged to apply.
- Excellent negotiable salary and benefits.
- Graduate of a FNP or PA Program. Board Certified as a FNP or PA.
- Active, non-probationary State of California icense. DEA and NPI numbers.
- Proficiency in a language in addition to English, specifically Spanish is a plus
Family Med/Internal Medicine Nurse Practitioner
Family Med/Internal Medicine Nurse Practitioner
Nurse Practitioner: Adult (ANP)
As an NP, you will work as a Provider to a number of high-complexity patients. You will invest your time in personal patient home-visits that typically last about 45 minutes to an hour.
This will provide you with more than enough time to make personal investments with your patients as you manage their medications, educate patients and their families on their disease(s), treatment plan, and future care plan. You'll also collaborate with your extended team of clinicians to make sure you are providing the most excellent care possible.
1.An unencumbered NP license in the location listed, or have the ability to obtain
2.A minimum of 2 years' experience as an NP
3.The ability to cover the geographical area needed, so be sure to share your current location and commuting area with us!
For more details about this position please call MTX today at 800-918-7700, visit our website www.mtxgroup.com or click here to email your resume!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!