Farm Equipment Mechanic I Job Description Sample
Farm Equipment Mechanic
We are looking for a Mechanicto join our team! Responsibilities of this position include repair and maintenance of electrical, hydraulics, engine, diesel, power-train and other agricultural equipment. The ideal candidate will have experience with various types of agricultural equipment such as overhaul trucks, buses, tractors, transplant equipment, implements and other heavy duty equipment. The majority of work will either be performed in a maintenance shop or at one of our ranches.
- Repair automobiles, trucks, buses, and other farm equipment
- Carry out preventative maintenance as outlined by the maintenance
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance
- Use diagnostic tools to test vehicle components
- Previous experience as a mechanic
- Familiarity with agricultural equipment
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of shop equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Class "C" drivers license
- Familiarity with John Deere Equipment is preferred but not required
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred but not a requirement
- Working with Agricultural Equipment: At least 3-5 years
We offer very competitive wages and benefits, full time year round employment and the opportunity for personal growth within a learning environment. Negotiable hourly rate is based on experience. Ratto Bros., Inc is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email or fax resume to 209-550-3671 or apply in person at 6312 Beckwith Rd. Modesto, Ca 95358.
Mechanic - Farm Equipment
Mechanic needed to help maintain farm equipment at a large wholesale plant nursery in Medford, NJ. Welding experience and ability to fabricate is a plus. Prior experience with tractors, loaders and vehicle maintenance desired. Full time position. Compensation commensurate with experience. Clean driving record required.
Farm Equipment Mechanic
Wylie Implement and Spray Center in Abilene, Texas is seeking a Field Service Technician to service a broad regional area surrounding Abilene and area counties. Preference given to someone with an agriculture, farming, ranching background and experience in maintenance and service repairs, mechanical inspecting, diagnosing, testing and troubleshooting farm equipment and more specifically Case IH Self Propelled Application Sprayers.
Knowledge with hydraulic systems, electrical, power trains, and diesel engines or other heavy agriculture or construction equipment required. Preferably this person will have a good understanding of tooling, controls, instrumentation, problem solving, and safety management and practices associated with heavy equipment.
Diesel Service Technician- Farm Equipment
Booth Machinery LLC, one of the fastest growing Case IH dealer in North America, is offering an excellent opportunity for an experienced Service Technician who is ready to grow their career with the leading company in the industry. To continue our tremendous success and unparalleled growth, we are searching for qualified and ambitious individuals to perform maintenance and repairs of equipment in a safe and professional manner with some degree of independent judgment. Responsibilities will include maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel systems on a variety of rental and customer equipment and tools. You will also be responsible for service documentation, the training of lower level technicians as needed, demonstration of equipment for customer use, and occasional travel to customer sites. Excellence in this challenging and rewarding position paves the way for advancement into higher levels of service technicians and management roles.
Superior customer service remains the backbone of Booth Machinery LLC, therefore your willingness and ability to provide this to each customer makes you a top-notch candidate. To be qualified, all applicants must have 5+ years of experience with repairing and maintaining vehicles and equipment. The ideal candidate will have highly developed mechanical background knowledge particularly with various engines, extensive knowledge of agriculture equipment, an advanced understanding of schematics and diagrams, own the tools applicable to the position, and exhibit strong teamwork, verbal, and written skills. Superior customer service remains the backbone of Booth Machinery LLC, therefore your willingness and ability to provide this to each customer makes you a top-notch candidate. A high school diploma and a valid driver's license are required – lifting up to 75 lbs.Booth Machinery, LLC is an EEO
Industrial And Farm Equipment Service Technician
Perform basic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural and turf equipment. May require some direction or guidance from the Service Manager or senior technicians.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products
- Perform lawn mower diagnostics and repairs on small engine products
- Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
- Accounts for all time on a time card and for all material used in performing assigned duties
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of experience performing service repairs
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Basic Service Technician certification preferred
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Fork lift license preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred
Equipment Technician - Farm / Farming / Dairy
Like working on big machines? We work on some big stuff. Farm Equipment, mostly feed mixers, always need some love and attention. That's where you come in.
We’ve got work to do and need help to get it done. Want to work in a variety of locations instead of the looking at the same old walls? Want to work in a challenging fast paced environment? Want to do something different every day? Sometimes we are welding, sometimes working with hydraulics, electronic controls, or transmissions. Some days we are in our shop, others we are in the field at some of the premier facilities in the state.
Have you got good mechanical and welding skills? How about a good driving record and good personal skills? We prefer positive attitudes and an ability to keep working. We someone to help keep up with customer demand by working with hydraulics, electronic controls, and welding. Can you help?
Farm Equipment (Agriculture Equipment) Mechanic
Let us help you in your job search!
Talk to multiple employers at once!
If you are a seasoned diesel mechanic we want to talk to you. Looking for people that know how to work on farm and/or construction equipment.
Should be familiar with premier brands such as John Deere, Case, Caterpillar, New Holland, Komatsu, Manitowoc, Grove, Kubota, etc
For Ag: Must have 3 or more years of experience working on equipment such as:
Sprayers (*this is a PLUS)
We prefer that you have previous EQUIPMENT dealer experience or a diesel tech degree. If you do not, then you must be able to tear equipment apart and fix it! We do not want P.M. guys! Looking for experienced mechanics.
Must have strong diagnostic skills and the ability to work independently and in a timely fashion.
Great pay to $25+ per hour based on experience
Company with room for advancement
WE HAVE OPENINGS IN MULTIPLE LOCATIONS IN MULTIPLE STATES! Jobs may not be available in the EXACT town of the posting.
Please submit your resume or call
Farm Equipment Operator, Mechanic, And Truck Driver
Grain and vegetable farm seeking full time employees to assist with all farm related activities. Daily jobs will consist of but not limited to farm machinery operation, construction machinery operation, semi truck operation, machinery repair and maintenance, building repair and maintenance, and any other activities needed to produce the farms crops and take care of the farms facilities and machinery.
Individuals should posses a positive attitude, and a general appreciation for all aspects of a farming operation. This is a very diverse position and the daily routine changes according to what needs to be completed at that time of the growing season. Individuals must be able to work in a team environment as well as being able to handle themselves when working alone. A drivers license is required. A CDL is not required, but would be preferred. A clean driving record is required as individuals will be operating some equipment on public roads. Basic mechanical skills are needed. And basic machinery operation skills are needed with a background in farming, construction, trucking, or military preferred.
Previous on farm experience is not required, and training will be provided for the specific jobs that you will be participating in. The position is for full time employment, and seasonal weekend work is required.
Farm Equipment Operator
Operators will assist in all required field operations for crop production via any equipment used in day-to-day farming operations.
· Operate or drive all the various types of equipment used in the companies farming operations.
· Assist in the required maintenance and repairs of all the equipment used in farming operations.
· Perform all tasks required to successfully produce the crops grown.
· Keep detailed records as required by the company, customers, and regulatory agencies.
· Comply with company policies.
· Candidate MUST have and maintain a valid drivers license issued by a state in the United States of America.
· Experience in the operation and or maintenance of farm equipment.
· Candidate has to be self-motivated with a high attention to detail and ability to focus in a high tempo environment with the ability to change situations on a daily basis.
This position goes from April to November.
Farm Equipment Service Technician
We are seeking a Farm Equipment Service Technician to join our team! The position involves maintaining and repairing agricultural
feeding equipment and manure pumps.•
• Repair, install, and adjust Harvestore silo unloaders, automation equipment, and manure pumps both on-farm and at our shop
• Perform routine preventative maintenance
• Complete assigned jobs in a timely manner
• Adhere to all safety policies and procedures•
• Previous experience in machinery or other related fields
• Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to handle physical workload
• DOT physical required to operate service truck
• Farm experience preferred but not required
• Fully-paid health and dental insurance premiums for employee and eligible family
• Company sponsored profit sharing plan
• Work-related and profit-related bonuses available
• Experience from the top Harvestore service team in the country!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!