Fashion Designer Job Description Sample
Fashion Designer For Jewelry And Accessories
Designer for Fashion jewelry and accessories
- Research the market for latest design ideas and trends
- Analyze, and interpret fashion trends into saleable mass market product
- Design accordingly to the current trend and the targeted customers
- Collaborate with merchants to build assortment and react quickly to fashion trends
- Provide details to overseas vendors for managing prototype development and production process
- Experience in designing fashion jewelry and accessories, sourcing, merchandising highly preferred
Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office
Self-motivated, professional, dependable
Pays specific attention to detail
Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects
Positive team player
Must be able to travel overseas to production factories several times a year
WOMEN’S ACTIVEWEAR MANUFACTURER SEEKS VIBRANT FASHION DESIGNER FOR FULL-TIME POSITION
Just Live Inc. is an athletic manufacturing company located in Hallandale, FL. We are currently looking for a creative Fashion Designer who will be responsible for concept development and the translation and extension of concepts into effective visual designs for traditional, print collaterals, social marketing, digital campaigns, fashion design, web and motion-based projects. Candidate must have the ability to work proficiently on several projects at a time and will be involved in all phases of creative development. Fashion designer is expected to go above and beyond to meet our client’s goals with eye-catching and cutting-edge designs.
· This position requires an equal balance of creative design talents and technical production skills
· A professional who can work alone, or in a team, take direction from a creative team partner, also must have the ability to work directly with the clients
· Draw, sketch, and plan designs for fashion apparel/accessories
· Research fashion trends and similar designs
· Create tests/prototypes of design pieces
· Candidate must have the full understanding of what it takes to be punctual; the ability to meet all deadlines, and have the desire to grow professionally within the company
· Must be able to develop and produce design concepts from concept through completion
· Must have experience with brand development process
· Keen on typography, color and image selection
· Contribute with creative ideas and solutions and must be responsive to feedback and design modifications
· Participate in new-business pitches
· Conceptualization of graphics, photo or video content assets, as well as, marketing strategies for a variety of clients within multiple industries
· Actively lead and participate in brainstorming sessions
· Expert knowledge and ability to create tech packs
· Grow company’s creative skills and keep current with design trends and industry standards
· Bachelor’s degree in fashion design, merchandising, art, or related field
· 3+ years’ experience working in graphic design
· Excellent design skills – contemporary, clean and sharp design
· Body of previous work in portfolio
· In-depth understanding of design principles, fashion, and the fashion industry
· Accurate and precise attention to detail
· Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
· Self-motivated and self-directed
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud 2015 (Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Document Cloud, InDesign)
· Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premier and Adobe Media Encoder (Edge Animate/Flash/HTML5 animation a plus)
· Must be able to create complete deck presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint, keynote and/or Prezi
· Excellent interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, a sense of humor and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams
*Please be sure to include a link to your online portfolio.
Just Live, Inc is more than just a company that produces amazing activewear. We are a philosophy put to action. We set out each day to create innovative products, with unparalleled craftsmanship, using proprietary cutting-edge materials and technology. Our clothing features fashionable designs that motivate individuals to live with purpose and determination.
We believe that active wear should not only make you look amazing, it should make you feel great. It should enhance your workout, making it easier to stay in shape. It should make life better.
IT TAKES PASSION.
What's it like working at Just Live?
We have a fast-paced but low stress environment. You will never be bored or without something to do. You'll be working with positive, friendly people. Your ideas and opinions are very important to us and we strongly encourage employee feedback. As a small, growing company your contributions will make a real difference.
Fashion Designer Job Summary
We are seeking a creative, fashion designer to join our growing team. You will design, produce, and present new fashion apparel that is on trend, while meeting with key suppliers, building relationships with manufactures, and leading a team to create a finished product.
Fashion Designer Duties and Responsibilities
- Draw, sketch, and plan designs for fashion apparel/accessories
- Research fashion trends and similar designs
- Collaborate with fabric manufacturers for materials
- Create matching or aligned pieces for a collection
- Create a plan to manufacture designs with a team or partnership
Fashion Designer Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion design, merchandising, art, or related field
- Body of previous work in portfolio
- In-depth understanding of design principles, fashion, and the fashion industry
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Fashion Designer (Full-Time)
The ideal candidate will be a motivated, self-starter wanting to further their hands-on experience in product development. The role will be split between fashion design and graphic design assignments. Fluency in Mandarin is required.
• Fluent in Mandarin and English
• graduated from undergraduate degree program (ideally Fashion Design) at an accredited university
• knowledgeable about garment construction, hand and machine sewing, draping and flat pattern
• Proficient in Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
• team player and quick study with positive energy
• perform quality control on production garments
• construct prototypes
• organize the sample room
• communicate with factories in China about tech pack and spec.
• photo editing, retouching, and design of marketing materials (display advertising, images for lookbook and trade shows, etc.)
• assist with fittings
Fashion Designer / Costume Designer
OSP, Inc is hiring an in house fashion designer / costume designer for ongoing clothing development . Applicant must have excellent sewing and pattern making skills. Experience with dress making, pants, stretch fabrics and athletic apparel. To be considered please include cover letter with links to work. Please note we will reach out to references if we are interested.
Position : Fashion Designer
0-2 years of experience in apparel design in young menswear for high teens to 20’s (Casual to lifestyle)
Ability to create Illustrator sketches and design for prototypes
Possess working knowledge of garment construction so you can create accurate and detailed TECH PACKS - Design accordingly to the current trend and the targeted costumers.
Researching the market for latest design ideas and trends
Preparing and maintaining presentation walls throughout the season
Careful reviewing of all details on prototypes and providing clear direction for any needed updates
Active participation in fittings
Associate Designer - Fashion Accessories
Job Description: POSITION OBJECTIVEResponsible for the design of Fashion Accessories for Kohl's Exclusive brands - scarves, slippers, flip-flops, 3rd layer. Creates an assortment that is relevant to brand position and target customer. Collaborates with vendor partners. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIESproduct design support
Designs, owns, builds, creates and updates tech packs, trim sheets and design packages; accurately enters information into PLM. Reviews with Sr Designer
Presents their designs in working sessions; influences cross-functional partners on product direction
Compiles and edits market and trend research to drive product direction; reviews with Designer/Sr Designer
Completes pre-packages as a part of the research and development process for their area of ownership
Shop and purchase samples for category ownership QUALIFICATIONS required
Strong computer skills in Adobe Illustrator.
Strong knowledge of Fashion Accessories Design and Construction.
Deep experience influencing and collaborating with cross-functional partners. preferred
Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design or related field + 2-4 years minimum previous design experience, within specific category
Previous Retail experience special requirements
Domestic Travel ADDENDUMSaccessories design associate
Partner with Sr Designer to create presentations with clear direction and point of view for all Exclusive brand Accessories for internal and external usage
Represent each Exclusive brands aesthetic of assortments for Accessories to influence design direction and overall image inherent for each brand with vendors, product management and merchants
Lead and facilitate successful design, serving as a brand ambassador and liaison with vendor partners across all categories for Exclusive brands
Owns execution of design, accuracy, quality and timely completion for a specific category or brand
Serves as a Creative liaison between internal and external partners and vendors
Create Design concept and influences partners and vendors accessories design associate - requirements
Ability to partner cross functionally
High attention to detail
Strong communication and presentation skills
Previous experience with Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator and CAD
Elevated taste level This describes general information about the position however should not be considered comprehensive. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or descriptions at any time. This is not an employment contract. Job Title:Associate Designer
- Fashion AccessoriesAuto req ID:65436BRPosting Location:0908:New York Design Office Position Focus:Corporate Compensation Frequency:Annual Position Type:full-time Career Area:Product Design & Development
At Kohl’s, we’re always looking ahead to creating the next great thing. Since 1962, our people have been our biggest asset and every great thing we do is thanks to the great people we hire.State
Search by State only
Use Location for Zip or City and State:New York City:New YorkZip Code:10018
Graphic/ Digital Designer – Fashion Focus
FashionCareerFairs.com has multiple GRAPHIC/DIGITAL DESIGN positions in the southern California area for retailers and brands that are hiring now!
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER - Leading Beauty Brand – DOE
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - Leading Fashion Company
- DIGITAL DESIGN MANAGER - Branding Strategy
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER - Women's Contemporary Brand
- UX DESIGNER – Leading Fashion and Lifestyle Brand
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER, WEB (Temp to Hire)
We have multiple jobs available in very desirable locations for companies who are hiring now! If you are a fashion industry professional looking to GET A BETTER JOB, submit your application through this site to be considered for these and other fashion industry jobs.
keywords: Apparel, footwear, accessories, fashion accessories, mens, men’s, womens, women’s, childrens, skate, surf, board, boardsports, swim, swimwear, desing, design, designer, designing, technical design, tech design, spec tec, speck tech, spec tech, pattern, patternmaker, patternmaking, pattern maker, pattern making, 1st through production, product, sourcing, planning, allocating, merchandising, action sports, athletic, buy, buying, buyers, dmm, gmm, district manager, design manager, design management, textiles, stylist, textile, surface, print, prints, open to buy, aims, tukatech, gerber, lectra, cad, cad designer, graphics
Email Designer – Leading Fashion Brand
Our client, a leading fashion brand located in downtown LA, is looking for a talented Email Designer to join their creative team! This is an onsite freelance opportunity.
- Create customized email templates for weekly mass mailings through Mailchimp
- Ensure all email campaigns comply with the company's branding guidelines
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure all project deadlines are met
- 3+ years of graphic design experience, specializing in email campaigns
- Expert proficiency in Mailchimp
- Portfolio showcasing email marketing samples for various brands
If you're interested and available, please send your resume and portfolio.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Assistant Fashion Designer
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT VIA THIS LINK only: http://www.cindexinc.com/c/C2F2D0
DESIGNERS MUST SUBMIT THEIR PORTFOLIO, APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO WILL NOT BE IN CONSIDERATION.
We are seeking a highly motivated, friendly, and committed candidate that will bring a fresh perspective to our already-established brand while maintaining the integrity of what our line stands for. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Assistant Fashion Designer will help designers to interpret the trend direction into brand appropriate silhouettes and to learn the design process through working with Design and Product Development teams.
- Assists designer in creating original concepts that encompass style, color, and print to ensure customer focused offerings that meet fashion and quality requirements consistent with brand profile
- Provide ongoing array of relevant design options that ensure brand integrity by researching and recommending trims, styles, prints, stitching, colors etc.
- Develop an expert knowledge regarding women’s apparel by researching current trends and styles through research online and in the marketplace.
- Support Design and Marketing teams by maintaining sample check lists, sketch boards, shared electronic files, tech packs, graphic designs, fashion shows, etc.
- Ensures adherence to the Seasonal Time and Action calendar.
The ideal candidate should have:
-Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or Fine Arts.
- Experience: 1-3 years related experience in the apparel industry
- Must be proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator, MS office
- High taste level, design and color sense
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; superior verbal communication
When working for Ming Wang, you’ll enjoy a family environment with your colleagues and a
friendly ambiance provided by our valued customers. You’ll also be a part of a team that is committed to supporting your career goals.
ALL DESIGNERS MUST SUBMIT THEIR PORTFOLIO. DESIGNERS WILL NOT BE IN CONSIDERATION WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO
For over 30 years MING WANG has offered high-end knit apparel through various product lines catering to the sophisticated woman. Looking to redefine a woman's relationship with her wardrobe, MING WANG aims to offer timeless styles and high quality products, all while providing impeccable service to each of our clients. A family-owned and operated enterprise, MING WANG has achieved significant growth in recent years and looks to aggressively build on that success. Current retail relationships include Von Maur, Dillard's, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and approximately 250 specialty boutiques across the United States.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!