Feed Blender Job Description Sample
- High school diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to tolerate the above-listed physical and environmental demands of this position with or without accommodations.
- Must pass pre-work physical.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Must have some work experience doing heavy manual labor within the last 5 years.
- Strongly prefer a stable employment history with at least 2 years of continuous employment at one employer within the last 5 years.
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- The General Laborer position has two main job components: 1) basic line tasks on our cereal/ingredient packaging lines, and 2) cleaning tasks. All GL’s rotate assignments throughout each workday. This is Kerry’s entry-level production job.
- Palletize, shrink wrap, and record and certify quantities.
- Perform cleaning duties such as sweeping and sanitizing. Cleaning duties often require working at heights using a scissor-lift. During changeovers, GL’s may work entire shifts of cleaning duties.
- Perform varied line duties such as checking code dates, aligning bags on conveyors, refilling cardboard stock, moving product and materials with a pallet jack, filling and weighing bulk product containers, assembling boxes, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Feed Delivery Driver Night
To accurately and timely load and deliver feed according to feed order directives;
To deliver to individual customers as assigned by dispatcher;
To determine and convey needed repairs and /or PM to garage mechanics;
1. To assure timely and accurate delivery of feed according to dispatcher scheduling.
2.To perform a pre-trip truck inspection according to a DOT sheet, reporting any deficiencies to proper garage mechanic.
3. To assure the correct weight of feed is loaded into the truck and the correct weight is delivered to the farm locations.
4. To climb truck 15 ft to direct loading and occasionally uses a 5# sledgehammer to remove stuck feed as necessary.
5. Once at a farm, driver accurately operated boom to cleanly direct the feed into the holding bin assuring that feed is not spilled onto bin or ground; reports spills/problems to Mill Manager or Dispatcher.
6. To assure accurate record keeping of fuel purchases, trip tickets, daily logs and time sheets, no holds and feed pick up.
7. To complete other basic assignments as scheduled by management, including collecting and testing samples of feed.
Reading, writing, math skills
High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Class A Commercial Driver's License required;
Must meet requirements as outlined in Perdue Safety Handbook;
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Feed Mill Operator
We’re hiring for a full-time Feed Mill Operator. You will be handling all daily operations including mixing, movement, inventory and storing of 950,000 bushels. You will be performing light maintenance as well as supervising two drivers. Depending on the season you will assist in other areas on the farm.
We offer competitive wages along with housing(excellent school district), health benefits, paid time off, paid holidays and paid vacation.
This job might be for you if you are:
- Passionate about the agriculture industry and enjoy variety in your daily work
- Have experience working on a farm, feed mill or related field.
- Formulating effective and efficient feed formulations
- Inventory of all raw materials
- Regulate computerized systems within the operation
- Supervise drivers and feed mill production employees
- Schedule feed production to apply in relation with feed orders
- Completing all required documentation, paperwork, and record keeping
- Farming/Agricultural Background
Feed & Bedding Worker
This position provides feed and bedding support for various events held at WestWorld.
WestWorld is an equestrian and special event facility where applicants must be comfortable working around large animals.
The Feed and Bedding Worker position is a physical job working outdoors most of the time, and will require the lifting and carrying of bales of hay, bales of bedding, and bags of grain which can weigh between 30 and 100 pounds.
WestWorld is open 7 days a week and a variety of shifts are available, typically ranging from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
This position will be required to:
Occasionally be available to work shifts ranging from 7:00am to 6:00pm.
Work some holidays and weekends.
Work up to 29 hours per week.
This position is non-benefited.
There are multiple positions so this posting will close when the needs of the City have been met.
Selection Process: Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate in the selection process, to include a panel interview.
Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include:
39 Month Motor Vehicle Records Check
Criminal Background screening for the past 7 years
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time. Minimum Qualifications
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the work.
Requires the skill and knowledge to operate a personal computer to enter and retrieve data.
Preferred: High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate.
Preferred: Experience operating an all-terrain forklift.
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements
Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted Arizona driver's license with no major citations within the past 39 months prior to the start date.
Must complete a valid Forklift Operator Training Program within six months of hire or promotion.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on department/section assignment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
General office practices and procedures.
Business English, grammar, spelling and arithmetic.
Standard office equipment operation.
Cashiering and cash handling.
Microsoft Office products and other relevant technologies.
Operate a variety of equipment for unloading, inventory holding and delivery of product at the facility, including forklifts.
Lift bales of hay, bags of grain and bales of bedding weighing up to 100 pounds on a routine basis.
Listen and communicate effectively orally, in person, over the phone and by two-way radio and in writing with all those encountered in the course of work.
Comprehend and make inferences from written material and/or verbal or written instructions.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
Perform simple arithmetic computations including adding, subtracting, multiplication and division.
Complete and maintain required OSHA/safety training as required by City of Scottsdale.
Work varied schedules according to events, including weekends, holidays and evenings.
Receives and unloads bulk delivery of equestrian feed and bedding supplies.
Performs daily inventory counts and controls.
Checks orders against invoices; visually reviews and verifies materials for accuracy and completeness.
Coordinates with supervisor orders for material and delivery requirements; delivers the purchased product to the customer.
Acts as a retail clerk with exceptional customer service skills.
Provides a variety of information to the general public either face-to-face or over a telephone.
Operates various sized city pick-up trucks and utility vehicles.
Enforces facility rules.
Opens, operates and closes a city cash drawer for multiple transactions per day.
Accepts payments (cash, credit card, check, etc) for events, reservations or programs.
Processes and protects credit card and other pertinent confidential client information.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Lift and carry bales of hay (up to 100 pounds), bags of grain (up to 50 pounds) and bales of bedding (up to 30 pounds) for distances of approximately 10 feet with assistance from a hay hook/handle or manual labor repetitively on a routine daily basis.
Bend and stoop to move and / or deliver hay, grain and bedding.
Use a utility cart or forklift to deliver purchased product to customer.
Operate a variety of standard office equipment including a personal computer, photocopy machine, and fax machine, telephone, shredding machine and calculator.
Sit, stand or move for extended periods of time.
Lift and carry various office supplies weighing up to twenty pounds.
Work varied schedules according to events, including weekends, holidays, and evenings.
Work in extreme inclement weather for long periods of time.
Click Here to view the entire job description.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Feed Mill Manager
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939.
We have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
Maintain a well-motivated and well-trained staff of employees too efficiently manage the feed mill. The hiring of hourly and salaried employees and overseeing of their work schedules and/or assignments.
Maintaining good employee relations develop employee's safety awareness; oversee schedules for receiving ingredients, delivering feed and commodities, processing feed, and maintenance of the plant; determining standards for in-house quality control and production performance and arranging for trucks to be safe and in good repair. Maintain efficient office staff and feed scheduling personnel.
Ensure the production and delivery of feed in the most efficient and economical manner
Setup and monitor maintenance schedule
Order and set up schedule for ingredient receiving
Prepare, submit and administer a control budget to contribute to the profitability of the company.
Oversee matters pertaining to mill personnel (including but not limited to policies,procedures, hiring, safety awareness, training, etc.).
Implement and insure compliance with disease prevention and product
Quality Control programs.
Investigate and plan for new methods that would reduce costs in relation to equipment, energy, and work force.
Oversee a budget of approximately $4,800,000 plus ingredient costs
Maximum spending authority of $10,000
299,000 tons in annual volume32 employee
Fleet of 10 delivery trucks and trailers
B.S. Degree in Business or related field and/or equivalent work experience
Must have a minimum of five years of supervisory experience
Must have knowledge of accounting principles
Must have strong technical abilities
Must be a self-starter with hands-on experience in each are of the operations
Provide any statistical (monetary or numerical) data upon which may have an impact, or which may be meaningful in establishing the dimensions of this position. This may include budgets, purchase authority, volume of production, number of accounts, etc
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participate in E-verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.
Driver - Feed Mill
Department Name: Feed Mill
Position: Feed Truck Driver
Premium Pay? YES
Hours: 4PM – 4AM
Summary of Openings:
The individuals selected for this position will be responsible for delivering feed from the feed mill to individual farms and, if necessary, picking up leftover feed from farms. This position is very important since one of the foundations of a high-quality bird is one which has received the proper feed at the proper time. Successful applicants will also realize that they are representing Pilgrim's Pride Corporation to the public whenever they are driving, always following the rules of the road.
Description of Duties/Qualifications:
- Will load trucks at feed mill, deliver feed to farms, do inventory of feed storage bins at farms, picking up left over feed if necessary.
- Will be required to climb ladders to check feed storage bins at the farms.
- Must be able to drive 10 and 18 wheeler trucks in all types of weather and have the ability to chain wheels, if needed.
- Must be able to lift/push 100 lbs.
- Must have a valid CDL license (Class A required), good driving record, drug-free record and must pass a DOT physical.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year verifiable Class A CDL driving experience in a tractor/trailer.
- Must possess good decision making ability.
- Must realize the importance of safety and avoid all hazards. Will have to watch for all normal driving hazards.
- Is at least 21 years old for interstate operation (operating from one state to another).
- Must be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records.
- Must be physically qualified and issued a certificate of physical examination by a qualified medical examiner every 24 months.
- Must complete a application which is in compliance with both Federal and State Regulations.
- Must comply with Federal and State drug testing regulations as well as any company policies.
- May be required to take a written and road test as required by regulations.
- Must furnish his/her employer a copy of their current driving record and certify a list of violations for the past 12 months.
- Must certify that they hold only on valid operators license.
- Must meet the requirements of the hiring policy for traffic violations and accident involvement.
- An investigation must be made into the employment record of the applicant during the preceding 3 years
- Feed truck experience preferred.
Software Engineer, News Feed
Facebook is seeking Machine Learning Engineers to join our New Feeds engineering team. This team is focusing on helping every user on Facebook to discover interesting content by connecting them to the right topic and right pages. As one of the largest Machine Learning systems in the world, we are building end-to-end product like topic following and page connections.The ideal candidate will have industry experience working on a range of classification and optimization problems, deep learning, recommendation algorithms and content understanding e.g. post classification, entity extraction. The position will involve taking these skills and developing state-of-the-art ML algorithms to power those products.
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data regression, and rules based models
Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmap
Code deliverables in tandem with the engineering team
Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- MS degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining or artificial intelligence
Proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations
Experience with Hadoop/HBase/Pig or MapReduce/Sawzall/Bigtable
Knowledge developing and debugging in C/C++ and Java
Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, and shell scripts
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems
Feed Mill Maintenance Supervisor - Kinston NC - Production
Supervises and coordinates the P.M., diagnosis, and repairs on mill equipment.
Performs administrative duties of maintaining records, writing reports, and personnel matters involving maintenance employees.
Prepares work schedules, set priorities, assigns duties, and supervises maintenance personnel.
Orders parts, searching for best parts at best prices, and handles billing paperwork.
Handles timecards, discipline, and other personnel matters of maintenance employees.
Trains maintenance personnel.
Supervises upkeep of all tools.
Schedules and coordinates any outside contract repairs.
Manages labor costs, overtime, and material usage.
Maintain inventory of needed parts.
Monitors mill throughout the day.
Documents compliance with Sanderson Farms, Inc. feed mill preventative maintenance program.
Prepares maintenance schedules for all equipment.
Performs other duties as required.
Key Working Relationships
Reports to the Feed Mill Manager who provides general supervision as well as specific assignments.
Maintains a close working relationship with all supervisors concerning maintenance of plant equipment.
Maintains a close working relationship with hour mill employees concerning upkeep and maintenance of plant equipment.
Works closely with the accounting department to ensure proper billing and payment of parts and outside contractors.
Academic: High school diploma or equivalent or related experience.
Experience: Two years of experience in feed mills; knowledge of welding electrical, and mechanical.
Personal: Identifies with the values, philosophy and mission of Sanderson Farms, Inc.
Ability to supervise and to communicate with others.
Ability to perform necessary paperwork and record keeping.
State: North Carolina
Date Posted: September 14, 2018
Job Type: Full-time 8: 00 am 4: 30pm
Is a surface technology company. We provide specialty chemical finishing products for pretreatment, powder coating and plating.
Looking for someone who:
Has a strong work ethic.
Has good attention to detail.
Come and make a difference at Asterion, a Surface Technology Company.
Position Description: Identify and weigh out quantities of powder or liquid chemicals following the instructions written on the batch sheet. Transport raw materials from storage to blending areas. Pour or dump chemicals into a mixing vessel. Operate blending equipment to thoroughly mix ingredients in accordance with the batch sheet. Empty contents of mixing vessel by operating valves to transfer product from mixing tank to totes, drums, or pails. Clean and maintain blending equipment and warehouse floors.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Able to operate valves, pumps and read and understand instruction sheets. Able to read and understand chemical Safety Data Sheets. Able to perform basic volume calculations.
Able to lift 50-75 pounds and wear a respirator. Ability to drive a forklift.
$15/hour (negotiable). With potential bumps at 90 days, 6 months, and then yearly.
Raises are dependent upon performance. Performance is evaluated quarterly.)
Time and a half for non-mandatory overtime.
40 hours per week M-F: 0700-1530. Or until finished with assigned tasks.
1/2 hour unpaid lunch, 2 paid breaks.
Uniforms paid for by the Company
Eligible for medical, dental, life, short/long term disability after 90 days.
Company pays 90% of the EMPLOYEE premium for medical and dental
Company pays 100% of the EMPLOYEE premium for life and LTD
1 Week paid vacation at 6 months
1 Week paid vacation at 12 months.
2 Weeks paid vacation / year following.
Paid Holidays (8 days in 2018) after 6 months.
401k Company matches 1% if employee pays 4%.
Bonuses dependent on the Company s earnings
Hand Blender - 2Nd Shift
Division: Power Generation Services
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 231440
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Rural Hall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and
optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil &
gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind
turbines. Siemens' extensive national network of service technicians is able
to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the
lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and
For more information, please visit:
2nd Shift Position
The primary purpose of this position is to file, grind, polish, and/or deburr turbine component apparatus and blades; to inspect blades, check the dimensions of blades according to manufacturing specifications. Perform blending and material removal with minimal supervision according to manufacturing and customer requirements.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE MAJOR JOB DUTIES BUT THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT PRECLUDE THE PERFORMANCE OF OTHER DUTIES BY THE INCUMBENT.
Receive assignments, verbal and/or written, from supervision.
Route and blend turbine components.
Use blending tools and equipment, including large belt sanders.
Use precision measuring equipment for in-process inspections and interpret results
Visually inspect parts.
Belt sand and blend to the original contour of the part or as required by work instructions.
Notch and route cracks and remove sections of the part as needed. Polish areas requiring weld.
Remove/blend plasma overspray, excess weld, and braze.
Round off edges of airfoil on buffing wheel.
Change belts on belt sanding machine and burrs on die grinder.
Read and interpret traveler/documents and other specifications to gather work instructions.
Grind, smooth and polish airfoils and leading/trailing edges of assemblies.
Deburr bridge welds; measure, mark, and scribe bridge widths using calipers; operate hand grinder to blend welds and finish surface to meet tolerances prescribed.
Follow established procedures to work with welded repair airfoils, tri pins, and ring segments.
Lay out and grind closing and/or last blades.
Follow proper JHA as appropriate for the operation that is being performed.
Create and maintain proper information logs pertaining to blades(s).
Mark and/or record other production information, manually or using computer equipment as indicated.
Notify supervision of irregularities or equipment malfunctions.
Perform routine maintenance on equipment.
Maintain clean, safe, organized work area at all times.
- This position requires a high school education or equivalent. Requires the ability to read, write, complete simple forms, and understand simple written instructions. Requires the ability to perform math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; also requires the simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, or diagram.
- Six months experience in working in a structured production manufacturing atmosphere. Knowledge of chemicals, grit-blasting, safe machine practices and techniques is beneficial. Ability to use hand held measuring tools.
Responsibility for Safety of Others
- Inattention, thoughtlessness, or careless operation of equipment or performance of duties may cause lost-time injuries to self or others.
Work of Others
- Employee is responsible for own work only.
Responsibility for Equipment or Process
- The equipment used (various shop & hand tools) should not be damaged under normal use and care. Misuse may result in considerable damage to specific parts or equipment. Routine maintenance of the equipment is required
Moderate physical effort required with bending, stretching, walking, and standing. Gripping and grasping tools is common, as is the use of mechanical controls such as buttons, knobs, and levers. Some repetitive motion is involved in the execution of job tasks. A crane is available for lifting and carrying parts, fixtures, or cutting tools, which may weigh up to 50 pounds or more.
Constant mental and visual attention required to perform repetitive and variable responsibilities. Normal or corrected vision required.
- Possible contact with coating materials, fumes, and chemicals. Safety goggles/glasses and safety shoes are required for safety in the production area; ear protection, gloves, full face hooded air supply respirator, throwaway coveralls, and aprons may be required when completing some operations of the job.
- Care should be taken in the operation of equipment and in lifting and moving materials and tools to avoid accidents that may result in lost time injuries.
Initiative and Ingenuity
The employee in this position follows established procedures, exercising judgment in selection of methods or procedures to perform setups, plan, and make decisions based on knowledge of standards, policies, and procedures.
Responsibility for Material or Product
Errors not caught immediately may result in product failure and/or significant customer impact.
Must have successfully completed the Industrial Reading Test with a score of 70% or better.
Must have successfully completed Shop Math Test with a score of 70% or better.
Must have successfully completed Measuring Instruments Test with a score of 70% or better.
Must successfully complete the Career Readiness/Work Key Tests with the following results:
Reading for Information 3
Applied Mathematics 3
Locating Information 4
Demonstrate the ability to setup bader style machines.
Demonstrate the ability to use grinding equipment.
Demonstrate the ability to efficiently grind different blade and vane styles.
Demonstrate the ability to accurately complete required documentation.
Demonstrate the ability to use precision measuring equipment for in-process inspections and interpret results
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!