Feed Mixer Helper Job Description Sample
Requisition ID 4079
Position Type FT Permanent
Career Function Manufacturing/Production
Posting Type DNI
Career Builder NCB
Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 24,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless.
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
About the role
At our Rome, GA facility we create dry blend products that delight our customers. We work hard, play hard, and give back to the community we work in through our Kerry employee engagement program.
We are located an hour northwest of Atlanta. If you're looking to build a career in manufacturing with a team you can have some fun with, we might be the team for you.
The mixer helper position (2nd Shift) is extremely important to our team. We will rely on you to make product accurately for our customers, assisting the operation of the mixing area and coordinating with other team members to achieve the highest efficiency and quality of finished goods while working safely.
Qualifications and skills
There are a few requirements you'll need to be safe and successful in this job:
Do you have experience working alongside a team and operating machines in a manufacturing environment? The safety of our team and products are our top priority, so we prefer some experience.
Are you able to carry 50 lbs, stand for extended periods of time?
Are you comfortable using computer equipment?
Do you have a HSD or equivalent?
Do you know the value of a great team? Teamwork is one of our values and critical to everyone's success.
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here. Additional information can also be here .
Kerry is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to KAcareers@Kerry.com and let us know the nature of your request.
Feed Mill Manager
Feed Mill Manager
Sioux City, IA
$85-100k + bonus
Our client is actively searching for a Feed Mill Manager at their Sioux City, IA location. This Manager will supervise the operation of the feed mill including: ingredient management, batching, maintenance, and supervision of the staff while establishing a professional manner is controlled.
- Communicate acceptable ingredient standards to mill employees, vendors and customers.
- Control and conduct preventative maintenance as needed, along with sanitation of feed mills.
- Assist in all repairs, maintenance and housekeeping of feed mills, work equipment and work areas.
- Comply with safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained.
- Facilitate with organizing and coordinating mill improvement projects.
- Cultivate accurate ingredient and feed inventories.
- Associate’s Degree required.
- Knowledge of Grain Handling, Hauling, Storage and Milling.
- Computer skills including: Excel and Word required.
- SAP or Inventory Control Software experience preferred.
- Completion of Powered Industrial Truck training program and pass the forklift certification.
- Competence to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have good mechanical ability.
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays
- Paid personal time
Feed mill, maintenance manager, maintenance supervisor, feed mill operator, technician, maintenance, preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, processing, manufacturing
PolyOne Corporation (NYSE:POL), is an award-winning workplace because of the value we place on our people and their contributions through, recognition programs, competitive pay, community involvement, and opportunities to grow professionally and personally. We have a proven track record of promoting from within by providing professional development opportunities. We are a $3.3 billion world-class, global provider of polymer solutions with our materials used in everyday products ranging from sports equipment to medical devices to electronics and more. With approximately 6,000 global associates and 60+ facilities around the world, we collaborate closely with our customers to deliver innovative products and services. If you like to be challenged in a fast-paced, team environment and to work with top, innovative talent, then PolyOne is the ideal company for you to build a career.
- The Mixer is responsible for operating mixing equipment to blend ingredients into compounds to produce a plastisol per batch sheet instruction, while abiding by all safety and environmental procedures established by PolyOne Corporation.
Follow all PolyOne Corporation safety and environmental rules.
Attend daily production meetings for assignment review.
Verify batch sheet against WIP Tag and pick sheet to ensure weights and products are correct.
Accurately mix the assigned batches as indicated on the Daily Production Schedule.
Adjust batches when needed as indicated on the Product Transaction Worksheet (PTW).
The ability to operate a scale and accurately weigh.
Ensure mix instruction sheet and other required paperwork are filled out correctly and is legible, which includes raw material lot numbers.
Ensure mix instructions are followed, checking and recording batch temperature as required.
Notify supervisor when mix instructions and or raw materials are questionable.
Frequent visual monitoring of the batch during the mix cycle.
Repeated lifting up to 70 pounds.
The ability to operate and mix on all mix equipment from small batch to 20-drum mixing.
Transport approved batches to designated Packaging area.
Assist the warehouse operators in pulling orders.
Ability to safely operate a sit-down forklift or pallet jack.
Report and document all equipment malfunctions.
Daily cleaning/organization of workstation, and any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Education and Experience
- High school or general education degree (GED); or oneyear related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of educationand experience.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide inall units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bargraphs.
The physical demands described here arerepresentative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully performthe essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, theemployee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle product, orreach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. on aregular basis.
We offer a competitive salary, incentive and benefit planto eligible employees. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, lifeinsurance, disability, spending accounts and 401(k).
PolyOneCorporation maintains a policy of non-discrimination in providing equalemployment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin,disability, genetic information, protected veteran's status, or other legallyprotected classification in the state or locality in which a person isemployed.
Looking for a great opportunity to join a fast-growing fresh food manufacturing
company? Then look no further than Sandridge Food Corporation!
At Sandridge Food Corporation, we are committed to making our company a great
place to work.
Position: Production Mixer
Labors and Helpers
Reports to: Team
art Time: Full Time
Shift: 1st and 2nd
POSITION SUMMARY: Employees will be responsible for set up, operation, trouble
shooting, paperwork, audits and wash downs for all equipment for the area.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Set up, inspection, and troubleshooting of equipment
Run the line continuously inspecting for proper operation
Operates basic machines to combine raw and processed ingredients into
intermediate food products
Cleans and sanitizes machines according to company guidelines
Ensures product date, weight, and temperatures are within established
Ensure the quality of the product is appropriate at all times
Performs and documents allergen wash downs
Preforms label audits to ensure all labels and code dates are accurate
Documents work accurately and timely
Adhere to the cleanroom requirements by a wearing hairnet, lab coat and
Follow all company standard operating procedures as it relates to Safety,
Quality, and Operations
Complies with current GMPs
Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED required
Manufacturing experience preferred
Must have a strong attention to detail, and good time management
Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Able to work in a cold/wet environment range between -15 to 55 F
Ability to lift or move various products/items ranging in weight from 25 to
Good communications skills
What we offer:
Free Health Care Benefits
Competitive pay rates for ALL of our positions
An incentive for a $1.00 attendance bonus
Vacation time after 1 year of employment and personal days
FUN Company sponsored events!
We offer the opportunity to develop and grow your career, and like to promote
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Sandridge Food Corporation to ensure equal employment to
all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination
against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including
sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years or more),
military status or veteran status is illegal.
- Ability to learn and/or operate the following equipment shear mixers, pumps, processing valves, process controls, & HTST processing
- Ability to operate manual and/or electric pallet jacks and forklifts
- Provide daily counts on bulk raw materials and work-in-process materials (WIPs)
- Ability to calibrate and operate pH meters, refractometers, and titration apparatus
- Ability to accurately complete and record all batch tests (Brix, pH, color, flavor, taste, temperature, acidity measure using a titrating apparatus)
- Ability to correctly operate manual and automatic valves, which control all bulk materials, dry materials, and dispersion equipment
- Support the SQF Food Safety and Quality System thru procedures compliance and training participation
- Knowledgeable in cold and hot blending process preferred
- Knowledgeable in GMP and food safety programs
- Must be capable of standing for the whole duration of the shift
- Must we capable of bending and lifting weights of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and render overtime as required, including weekends
Media Analyst, Data Feed
The Data Feed Analyst will be responsible for setting up, analyzing, troubleshooting and optimizing product data feeds for THD's paid media team. You will be responsible for all elements of data feed optimization, ensuring adherence to industry best practices and documented methodology to ensure a high level of service delivery to media partners. Additionally, the position will work with cross-functional teams to ensure an optimized product feed is tuned for performance in each marketing channel, including Google Shopping, Bing Shopping, Facebook and Pinterest.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
40%- Analysis of Marketing Programs & Market Research. Develop reporting format and cadence for monitoring ongoing marketing activities against top industry benchmarks
20%- Monitor customer file size and journey
20%- Build campaigns for Media Manager
10%-Tactical Execution (Offer submissions, PO management, sales tracker)
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Paid Media.
This position has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Previous experience with product feeds is preferred
Experience working with Google Merchant Center
Ability to analyze data sets
Strong analytical, and critical thinking skills
Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Functions, Pivot Tables
Strong problem identification and resolution skills
Excellent attention to detail
Ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment
Previous work experience in a retail company/ marketing agency
Strong reading, writing, and communication skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Strong leadership abilities and experience managing teams and cross-functional work relationships, both internally and with external agency and media partners.
Strong presentation and writing skills are pre-requisites for success due to the high amount of interaction with teams outside of the Paid Media team.
Strong knowledge of Digital marketing ecosystems and processes
Chemical Feed Engineer 1 - Water - Kansas City
Functions in an engineer capacity. Under close supervision, performs routine aspects of engineering assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles.
Applies knowledge of engineering principles to prescribed techniques and procedures to complete project assignments. Principal Duties and Responsibilities • Engineering Standards: Develops familiarity by reading, understanding and applying departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and B&V policies and procedures. • Quality / Continuous Improvement:
Develops an understanding and complies with the B&V quality program. Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts. • Engineering Production: Contributes to preparation of less complex engineering deliverables such as drawings, reports, specifications, and studies of limited scope.
Performs routine research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection. Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work. Prepares basic engineering calculations following standard methods and principles used in similar engineering analysis.
Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements. • Project Coordination: Shares information with others as requested. Coordinates with others when directed by supervisor or project leadership. • Client Focus:
Focuses on the needs of internal clients (project team leadership) while attempting to gain basic understanding of external client's main interests and drivers. May provide support to business development or pursuit activities. • Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology: Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes.
Minimum Qualifications Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations. Preferred Job Qualifications Preferred Non-Technical Competencies: • Learning on the Fly • Problem Solving • Intellectual Horsepower • Written Communications • Drive For Results • Decision Quality • Informing • Listening • Dealing with Ambiguity Preferred Technical Competencies: • Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline • Basic industry knowledge and technology trends • Basic knowledge of company quality program • Basic knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles EEO Statement Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females Locations MO-Kansas City Recruiter Ashley Richardson
Feed Mill Utility Person
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
Pay Rate $ 16.00 to $16.60
Perform General housekeeping of Receiving and Production areas to meet OSHA standards and maintain a minimum dust level.
Keep accurate warehouse records and inventories.
Receive bagged ingredients and track the warehouse inventory. Load bags to the 3rd Floor for the Mill Operators.
Gather and distribute supplies for other departments. (i.e. gloves, batteries, sample cups, etc.)
Help out and fill-in as needed in other departments to include the operation of the Receiving and/or Production Departments.
Must be a self-starter who does not need close supervision to perform the required tasks and manage time efficiently.
Must have good computer skills and ability to learn the Mill's Repete Operating System.
Must be able to learn to operate a forklift.
Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Must adapt to heights of 40 to 170 feet.
Must be able to learn new concepts and procedures efficiently.
Must be able to work flexible, rotating shifts to include weekends.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.
Mixer Truck Diesel Mechanic - Swing Shift
GMCC’s status as a leader in the Puget Sound construction industry gives our team an opportunity to work on a variety of unique projects in the area. You will be a member of a team that provides accelerated career growth through exposure to all civil disciplines.
We are currently seeking a MIXER TRUCK DIESEL MECHANIC – SWING SHIFT for our facility in Renton/Seattle.
Mechanic will perform operation, maintenance, and repairs to a large fleet of mixer trucks.
- Heavy equipment parts familiarization including: parts catalogs, procurement, handling, storage, and cost of heavy equipment parts.
- Analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds, and maintains equipment.
- Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects.
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists and hand tools.
- Replaces defective engines and subassemblies, such as transmissions.
- Perform record keeping of time and parts used on the appropriate forms.
- Perform general cleaning of work areas and maintenance areas.
- Assist other maintenance department staff in performing the duties necessary to assure the efficiency of operations of vehicles.
- Ability to work night shift and weekends as needed to make repairs necessary in the field and to perform preventive maintenance practices necessary to increase service life of equipment.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work may be required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Consistent, on time attendance is an essential function of this position
- Enhances maintenance department by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, and reading technical/regulation publications.
- Able to diagnose electrical problems and perform mechanical repairs and maintenance to various types of equipment including but not limited to: tires, ready mix concrete trucks and heavy construction equipment. Operate and inspect equipment to diagnose defects.
- Able to remove components for repair or replacement such as, but not limited to: injectors, starters, water pumps, radiators, brakes, etc.
- Able to create work orders on repairs and services providing legible and accurate information for work performed.
- Able to communicate with drivers and plant managers to ensure adherence to preventive vehicle maintenance policies and practices.
- Able to use a variety of hand and power tools, cutting torches, and welding equipment.
- Able to order parts from approved vendors and drive Company pick-up/repair truck to pick up parts when needed.
- Have a good history of attendance and punctuality.
- 401K Retirement
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Defined Pension Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacations
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance / AD&D
- Long Term Disability Benefit
- Flexible Spending Account
- Discount Gym Memberships
We are a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. We do not illegally discriminate in our employment decisions based on age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status or pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by local or federal law.
We are also an Affirmative Action Employer and are committed to the inclusion of all qualified individuals in our employment selection process.
Chemical-Batch Mixer (2Nd Shift) - Batavia, OH
Kelly Services is looking for a Chemical-Batch Mixer for a fantastic temp-to-hire opportunity in Batavia, OH! The hours for this 2nd shift position are 2:30 pm - 11 pm, with some overtime and weekend hours as needed. The position starts at $15/hour for entry-level candidates, but will pay more for candidates with prior Chemical mixing experience.
Mix batches of chemicals to specifications.
Find correct formula of color combinations to satisfy customer requests.
Communicate raw material inventory.
Provide information for production scheduling.
Organize work for packaging station and labeling table on a daily basis.
Maintain OSHA safety HMIS safety.
Ability to stand, bend, and lift 50 lbs regularly and 100 lbs occasionally.
Extreme accuracy in measuring.
Ability to operate a fork-lift.
Minimum of 2 years of Chemical blending is preferred, but not required.
The position requires employees to wear steel-toed shoes, protective gloves, and long-sleeve shirts on a daily basis. Dust masks, vapor respirators, and other protective equipment will also be required while performing certain job duties. Employees will be working in temperatures ranging from 60 - 100 degrees F.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
About Kelly Services®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!