Felt Cutting Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Laser Cutting Cell Operator - 3Rd Shift
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Laser Cutting Cell Operator is responsible for setting up and operating all lasers, presses, and additional equipment to create production and sample parts in the low-volume (laser) multi-layered steel (MLS) work centers. The team member is responsible for manufacturing quality parts in a safe and efficient manner by following all safety and quality procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for setting up and operating all lasers and machines in work center.
Assemble and set up both sample and production tooling.
Perform data collection, first articles, and final audits on manufactured products.
Identify process, material and equipment problems on lasers or presses, may trouble shoot equipment problems.
Complete daily production paperwork, including move and completions in Oracle.
Move die sets and emboss tools to tool room for change over using powered hand- truck.
May order gases and maintains a ready supply. (Nitrogen, Helium, and Oxygen).
Follows the Quality Management System requirements as outlined in the process notes on the press card, the applicable QMS procedures and work instructions; suggests ways for continual improvement.
Promptly reports quality problems and shuts down the equipment if unable to resolve.
Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
Follows EHS rules and regulations, participates in safety meetings, and suggests ways for continuous improvement.
Promptly reports personal injuries and unsafe conditions and helps to resolve them.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Set up and operate lasers, mechanical presses, and hydraulic presses.
Create NC files using CAD/CAM software.
Understand and interpret shop paperwork (Press cards, routings, Mylar's, and blue prints.)
Assemble tooling / fixtures.
Can make job and material transactions in Oracle.
1st Article, and final audit certifications.
Verifies correct material used in manufacturing processes.
Knows use of hand tools including wrenches, screwdrivers, mallets, and hammers.
Understands quality criteria on parts produced.
Knows hand truck operation, and has a license to use power hand truck.
Completes forms legibly and complete.
Knows gas storage regulations and ordering procedures.
Knows appropriate use of gases and how to change gas tanks safely.
Ability to read and understand press cards, procedures, work instructions, safety rules and warning signs.
Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to forty pounds on a daily basis.
Ability to walk and move about, stoop and bend, and climb (ascend and descend) ladders.
Ability to stand for an eight hour shift.
Ability to reach and grab with arms and hands, and manual dexterity to operate machines with precision.
Normal or corrected vision necessary to read directions and closely examine parts; and to distinguish colors.
Normal hearing in order to detect equipment and motor malfunctions.
Ability to pull lifts and transports gaskets to and from various locations within the assigned location.
Works in areas that can be uncomfortable due to noise, odors, and temperature extremes.
Works regularly with machines where carelessness could result in cuts, bruises burns or muscle pulls. Serious injuries can be prevented if established safety precautions are followed.
Occasional work with hazardous material, noxious fumes, dust and dirt.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Concrete Cutting & Coring Operator
Hardcore Concrete Cutting and Core Drilling is currently seeking a Concrete Cutting Operator who will be responsible for operating machines to cut and core drill concrete or asphalt; perform demolition work; scarifying, and ground penetrating radar scanning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review plans for the project with project management and then with owner/general contractor prior to commencing work.
- Review and adhere to any Job schedules set forth by General Contractor for project.
- Maintain knowledge of materials, methods, and tools for the job
- Organize resources required for the job: work force, machinery, equipment, and materials
- Motivate, train and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Manage and document accurate job time and the time of concrete laborers.
- Consult with contractors, suppliers and clients to ensure project completion is acceptable and well-done.
- Ensure that safety measures are adhered to.
- Perform set up and breakdown of machines and equipment.
- Inspects all equipment, owned or rented, upon delivery to and prior to transportation to and from the project. Reports all problems and/or damages immediately.
- Coordinate demolition work and haul off of debris per job specifications
- Ensure job site cleanup
- Ensure all project legal documents are completed, signed, and turned in for processing.
- Ensure all potential change orders are submitted for pricing and signed before work commences.
- Proficiency with the following tools is required for this position; wall saw, hydraulic and standard core drill, flat saw, diamond chain saw, wire saw, jackhammer
- Skill in cutting and core drilling concrete structures to job specifications.
- Work overtime as required
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Must adhere to strict Silica Exposure Protocols
- First Aid, CPR Certification
- Interstate/Intrastate DOT Compliance
Machine Operator / Brake Press Operator / CNC Operator
Brake Press Machine Operator / Machine Operator / CNC Operator
A company located in Duluth, specializing in distributing automotive parts, is seeking a Brake Press Machine operator or CNC machine operator.
CNC / Brake Press Machine Operator Responsibilities
Reviews samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job
Determine and program size of batches, speed of machine etc.
Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues
Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages
Proven experience as a machine operator 2-5 years or Vocational or technical completion- (Entry level)
Previous experience running and operating a Brake Press machine or something similar
Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.) or through schooling
Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
Read blueprints, schematics and manuals
Mathematical and analytical abilities
Able to configure outside of normal profiles and edit
High school diploma, Technical certification; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship or hands on work experience will be preferred
Keywords: Brake press, Turret Press / punch, MIG welder, steel, aluminum, galvanized, CNC, machinist, AMADA
If you feel you are a qualified candidate, please email your resume to:
Cutting Room Operator
Gemline Frame Company has been privately owned for over 40 years. Our commitment to excellence has given Gemline a widely respected name in the wall décor industry. From our 100,000 square foot production, administrative and warehousing facility located in Austin, Texas, we serve a diverse client base ranging from the local craft store to the national superstore, offering each client a uniquely tailored solution to their frame and business needs. We guarantee the quality of everything that Gemline produces. We are committed to excellence without exception – it is our mission to bring our customers great value without compromising quality.
We are looking for a cutting room machine operator who will be using a Multicam and/or a table saw to cut acrylic for art prints/frames.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting of work orders.
- Consistently meet minimum required production, accuracy or quality standards for the work performed.
- Consistently meet minimum performance standards as set forth by Company Management.
- Learn and demonstrate proficiency in essential job functions including cutting material for frames and art prints.
- Individually and in partnership with other co-workers, perform inventory production-line re-stocking.
- Ensure that all warehouse equipment and tools are properly utilized to increase productivity, efficiency, and safety; report any unsafe conditions, damaged equipment or injury to self or co-worker to company management.
- Utilize proper techniques for lifting and handling of heavy objects, climbing ladders, and pushing/pulling pallet jacks.
- Ensure that work area is kept neat, clean, safe, and organized at all times.
- Maintain courteous and positive relationship with all co-workers and customers.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO, Paid Holidays
CNC Machine Set Up Operator
Must have CNC Experience
- Responsible for reading and interpreting blue prints including GD&T
- Read, write and edit programs in G-Code and other CAD/CAM software and identify areas of opportunity for program efficiency.
- Verify revision levels on method sheet, tooling sheet and router match, alerting Supervisor if discrepancies are found.
- Identify, document and dispose of scrap.
- Must setup and load material into a bar feeder/bar loader. Step through program and make offsets to complete a part to print specifications.
- Verify revision levels on router and method sheets.
- Install appropriate tooling and touch off.
- Change inserts, drill boring bars, etc. when needed and return all usable tooling to the tool crib. Recycle all Carbide tooling.
- Troubleshoot any production issue in regards to machining and getting assistance for program related issues.
- Add hydraulic oil and/or cutting fluids to the machine(s) when needed.
- Make appropriate offsets and/or speed and feed adjustments to program if needed to maintain part quality.
- Train others and share knowledge
- Obey all safety rules and stop work if continuing is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition. Report all safety concerns immediately.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of CNC machine(s) setup
- Knowledge of inserts including wear characteristics, insert style (WNMG, VNMG, CCMT, etc), insert nose radius and grade of insert.
- Operate all aspects of the machines; (powering machines up and down, bar feed operation, restarts, faults, etc)
- Read and use calipers, micrometers and other measuring equipment
- Tooling knowledge and the ability to indentify types of tooling and tooling wear characteristics
- Programming knowledge and ability
- Excellent communication skills required
- Act with the utmost integrity, professionalism and positive attitude.
- Must be a team player.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) experience as a Conventional Machinist II or equivalent
- Basic Shop Math
- Advanced blue print reading
- Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerance
- Experience using Calipers, Micrometers, Height Stands and Bore Gages.
- Must clearly demonstrate ability to set up multiple machines and pass an assessment prior to moving to in LG6
- Basic Valve School- 30 days
- While performing duties you may be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist and/or lift up to 50 pounds throughout an entire shift. May be required to work more than 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week based on production needs.
- Exposed to manufacturing plant conditions and elements including but not limited to noise, dust, dirt, oil, and grease.
- PPE's will be required including safety glasses, ear plugs and/or safety shoes.
- May be required to work at different work stations as determined by business needs.
Rewind Machine Operator
Second Shift Rewind/Machine Operator Needed in Greeley, CO!
The machine operator will be running various sizes of wires off of a spool and run it through a machine for inspection. The machine operator will set up and operate a machine to produce product at a high rate of production while maintaining quality standards. You may run multiple machines at the same time. Associates will then use wire cutters to cut defects and log what the defect was and how much was cut.
- Ability to perform basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply and divide) on various units of measures.
- Good vision and strong attention to quality/detail.
- Ability to make appropriate decision in regards to problem solving, machine set up and product quality.
- Moderate knowledge and skill of mechanical operations; 1-2 years of machine operation or manufacturing is a plus.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 25 lbs and occasionally lift up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to see small defects and differentiate colors during in-process quality control procedures.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- High School Diploma or GED.
The environment is typical of many indoor manufacturing facilities. The noise generated within the facility is moderate and poses no risk to employee health. Employees frequently work on or around moving and heated equipment.
NC Machine Operator - Second Shift
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world's water challenges. The Company's products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company's more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2017 revenue of $4.7 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a NC Machine Operator – Second Shift. This position will set up and operate multi-purpose numerical control machines on any combination of machining operations such as milling, drilling, reaming, and cutting metal pieces to specifications.
Review set-up sheets and specifications to determine sequence of set-up operation and dimensions of finished work piece.
Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool in machine spindles according to directions using machinist hand tools or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazine.
May adjust machine speed and change cutters to machine parts according to specifications when automatic program is faulty or if machine malfunctions.
Observe machine operation and verifies accuracy of machine work piece against blueprints or engineering drawings to measuring cuts to micrometer, dial indicators, and gauges.
Support all safety and 5S requirements related to this position.
Performs related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED plus training as an NC Machine Operator. Experience required.
Ability to read complicated drawings, layouts, method sheets and specifications.
Knowledge of shop mathematics and use formulas, plus thorough knowledge of all basic machine operations, methods and setups.
Should also be familiar with cutting quality of various metals, grinding and setting of tools according to metal characteristics
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Work in standing position 10 hours/shift
Considerable arm movement
Work requires close attention to lifting and handling of medium weight parts up to 35 lbs. Heavy parts raised to position with chain hoist
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Average shop conditions with some temperature variations due to seasons
Subjected to noisy environment requires wearing of ear plugs.
Standard PPE required: safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes with toe and metatarsal guards, gloves and work uniform
EOE including disability and veteran
Machine Operator - Manufacturing
The Role: Machine Operator
MPP Brea seeking a Machine Operator to operate designated machines and equipment to convert corrugated board into corrugated cartons or inner packaging within specifications of the customer orders.
This position will report to the: Warehouse Manager
Travel Requirement: 0-3 % of Travel Required/Frequency
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
At Orora, we believe our packaging touches lives and together, we, together as a team, deliver on the promise of what's inside. From custom packaging design and packaging materials, to prototype development and manufacturing, packaging automation and equipment, kitting and fulfillment, global sourcing, and full service warehousing and logistics, our packaging consultants develop cutting-edge, innovative solutions that take a product from concept to consumer. It is with this passion and commitment to innovation, we believe in hiring and developing the very best talent by living our core values of Teamwork, Passion, Respect, and Integrity every day.
Our vision is to be the industry-leading packaging solutions and displays company.
We value Teamwork, Passion, Respect and Integrity. These core values define who we are and how we operate. They shape the way we work with each other, with our customers, and with our communities. Every day, we deliver packaging solutions that exceed our customers' expectations while solving complex problems as a team.
We believe that all team members (irrespective of their role or level), should aspire to distinctive leadership behavior, as we continue to deliver on the promise for our customers, shareholders and each other. Leadership is not tied to a job title, i.e. you don't need to be accountable for a team to be considered a leader. At Orora leadership is encouraged at every level, within the team
What You'll be Responsible For in this Role
- In this role operate designated machines and equipment to convert corrugated board into corrugated cartons or inner packaging within specifications of the customer orders.
Safety and Health of self and team working in the assigned area.
Participation in all Safety Activities.
Safety Inspection of the Machine and equipment; machine lock out tag out.
Support and maintain ISO 9001 activities and ensure that required processes are maintained.
Utilize the company's business systems to attain the machine schedule and job specifications to determine material requirements, machine set up and adjustments.
Adjusts machine components in order to meet order specifications, etc...
Performs Quality inspections as required; remove finished packaged items from process and separate rejected items.
Regulates machine flow and speed; on-going monitoring of the production line, watching for problems, pile ups, jams, glue that is not sticking, etc...
Coordinates with assigned team and forklift operators to obtain all material requirements per the specifications, i.e.... cutting dies, print plates, ink and corrugated sheets, etc...
Monitors control panel on machine; observes machine operation to detect defects or machine malfunction.
Report quality, productivity, downtime and waste daily in the company's business system.
Completes Quality Checklist provided by the company timely and accurately at each process point for each production order
Trains, communicates and assists team assigned on the processes such as stacking, feeding, etc...
Performs cleanup of the machine and minor machine maintenance.
Keep area organized, clean and free from any hazardous conditions.
Implementation of ISO 9001 activities and ensure that required processes are maintained.
Performs other duties and/or responsibilities as requested.
What We're Looking For
- Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
Additional Required Qualifications:
Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions. Must read, write and speak English at an adequate level for this position.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divides.
Ability to convert from fractions to decimals and decimals to fractions.
Ability to use tape measure.
Ability to enter and utilize information in our computer business systems.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are interested in applying for employment with Orora and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at: email@example.com for additional support and guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job functions.
Orora does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Orora is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Machine Operator - Cutting Line (Day Shift 6:00Am-2:30Pm)
Carlisle Construction Materials, a worldwide leading diversified manufacturer of premium building products and related technology has an immediate opening for an Machine Operator- Cutting Line position, at its Mead, Nebraska location. We currently have multiple openings available on two shifts. (1st shift Monday
3:30pm, 2nd shift Monday
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Receives and reads work orders
Calculates the number of blaocks required for work order to material handler
Adjusts cutting wires to correct dimensions using hand tools
Lock out energy source and then remove the lock out device when job is complete
Starts cutting machine and adjusts the line speed
Positions block on slabber and feeds block into cutting machine, cutting foam according to correct dimensions and square-ness per work order
Continuously observes and examines cutting machine in operation to ensure conformance to customers' specifications
Stacks, sorts, and bundles cut material according to bill of lading instructions
Records data concerning amount and type of clock used from duties performed
Education: High School diploma or GED required
Must be 18 years of age or older
Ability to follow instructions and read production orders
Experience with computers including various manufacturing programs
Ability to use measuring gauges like tape measures
Able to work fast and efficient and willing to work long hours during busy season
Understanding of basic math, reading, and writing skills
Ability to effectively communicate
For this position, it is required to be able to lift up to 50 pounds
There is a repetitive use of hands required with simple grasping and pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds
In addition this position requires the following abilities: standing, walking, lifting, reaching above shoulders, bending, and twisting.
Competitive pay starting at $12.50 with a $0.50 raise after 90 days
GENEROUS $500 sign on bonus!
Competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, and participation in company's 401(k) plan available upon date of hire
Educational assistance (reimbursement)
Paid Holidays and Vacation
CNC Machine Operator
Founded in 1972, Helpmates is an award-winning leader in delivering workforce solutions across Southern California. We partner with some of the industries leading companies to bring you the best career opportunities.
We are currently looking for a full time CNC Machine Operator for an Aerospace Assembler in the city of Brea, CA.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Load programs into CNC machine and execute program cutting og the material.
Cut raw stock to approximate size necessary.
Secure and fixture raw stock of material into machine.
Squares material prior to running program as necessary.
Monitors the operating of the machine to ensure proper program performance.
Deburs completed machine parts as necessary.
Provide feedback to supervisor and programmer as to the performance of the program and tooling used for cutting the material.
Verifies the accuracy of the parts using calipers, micrometers and other metrology equipment as a periphery inspections and report any suspects parts.
Ensure machine is in proper working order and report any suspected issues.
Ensure machine and surrounding areas are clean and neat .
Read work orders, scrap tickets, job tickets, graphs, logs, schedule.
Read and carry out complicated instructions.
Prepare detail records and reports.
Work on several tasks at the same time.
2nd shift: 3:30PM - 2:00AM, Monday to Friday
3 axis and 5 axis experience required.
Ensure machine is in proper working order and report any suspected issues
Ensure machine and surrounding areas are clean and neat
Read work orders, scrap tickets, job tickets, graphs, logs, schedule
Read and carry out complicated instructions
Prepare detail records and reports
Work on several tasks at the same time
Able to lift 30-50 Lbs Throughout Shift.
Helpmates offers the best employee benefits in the industry!
Incentive Pay (1 Week Worth of Pay)
ACA Medical Benefits
Unlimited Referral Payouts
How to Apply: Apply online or visit us at our office listed below, We Welcome Walk-Ins!
6101 Ball Road, Suite 101
Cypress, CA 90630
$100.00 Refer a Friend Bonus Program
Helpmates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA).
*Please refer to Helpmates for program details
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!