Fertilizer Mixer Job Description Sample
Fertilizer Technician / Facilities Maintenance Technician
Location: Camp Verde, AZ
Job title: Facilities Maintenance Technician
At Harvest, we are in the business of improving people’s lives. We bring our purpose to life by creating life-enhancing experiences in the communities we serve, navigating our business lines with excellence, and dedicating ourselves to shaping the future of cannabis as a leading healthcare solution. As a team that connects, enlightens, and empowers, Harvest is looking for people who are inspired by our vision and wish to grow with us as we continue our national expansion. If you too would like to improve people’s lives, we’d like to learn more about you.
The Harvest Way is defined by our people. We are committed to our values and have created a culture of trust, but we also remember to have fun. Here are a few more reasons why Harvest is a great place to be:
- Competitive pay
- Attractive insurance benefits and options
- Paid time off
- Professional development and workplace happiness initiatives
We believe in building a diverse team, and we strive to make our company a welcoming space where everyone can make an impact on Harvest’s success. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to join us.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES *
· Fertilizer liquid concentrate production and coordination required for the cultivation facility crop production based on the Cultivation Manager inventory demands.
- Order needed dry salts and other components/formulations required to make concentrate.
- Keep records on inventory levels and stock to make demand predictions.
- Weigh dry fertilizer salts and adds them to water in the fertilizer mixing system to make fertilizer liquid concentrate.
- Bottle, store, stock and restock all fertilizer tanks.
- Log fertilizer usage rates; maintain backup/restocking inventory of fertilizer.
- Cleaning and Sanitation of mixing equipment, apparatuses, and areas.
· Maintain, calibrate, service, and repair equipment in a regulated industry.
· Transfer tools, parts, equipment, and supplies to and from work stations and other areas.
· Troubleshoot and disassemble broken or defective equipment to facilitate repair and reassemble equipment when repairs are complete.
· Install, replace, construct, enhance, or modify machinery, equipment, and new or replacement parts and instruments, using hand or power tools.
· Examine and test machinery, equipment, components, and parts for defects to ensure proper functioning.
· Respond to service calls and complete work orders.
· Hold or supply tools, parts, equipment, and supplies for other workers.
· Position machinery, equipment, physical structures, and other objects for assembly or installation, using hand tools, power tools, and moving equipment.
· Adjust, maintain, and repair tools, equipment, and machines, and assist other skilled workers with similar tasks.
· Adjust, connect, or disconnect wiring, piping, tubing, and other parts, using hand or power tools.
· Clean or lubricate machinery, equipment, instruments, tools, work areas, and other objects, using hand tools, power tools, and cleaning equipment.
· Assemble and maintain physical structures, using hand or power tools.
· Tend and observe equipment and machinery to verify efficient and safe operation.
· Apply protective materials to equipment, components, and parts to prevent defects and corrosion.
· Document work performed per Standard Operating Procedures and Requirements.
· Follow, revise, and write Standard Operating Procedures.
· Order new parts to maintain inventory.
· Diagnose electrical problems and install and rewire electrical components.
· Prepare work stations for use by the various cultivation facility departments and work areas.
· Participate in ongoing education and professional development opportunities.
· Participate or lead in Continuous Improvement Projects.
· Perform and develop preventive and predictive maintenance; assess impact on reliability.
· Work closely with other teams.
· Work collaboratively, collectively and respectfully with other team members or alone, as deemed necessary by business needs.
· Additional duties as assigned by management.
· Commit to safety and high-quality results.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS *
- 2+ years of experience working in an agricultural/horticultural or industrial environment, or other comparable experience.
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to positively influence people; must be capable of effectively interacting at all levels in the organization.
- Detail oriented with an eye on process optimization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to manage high stress situations, and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it.
- Must have the ability to push, pull, or lift a minimum of 50 pounds if relevant to job duties listed above.
- Throughout extended periods, must be capable of sitting, squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking throughout the work day. Must be capable of sitting in front of a computer for extended periods of time based on job duties listed above.
- General tool, hardware, ladder, electrical, and building skills. Must be able to use a 24’ extension ladder and work at heights up to 30 feet.
- Ability to read schematics, blue prints, drawings.
- Computer experience, with ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- At least 21 years of age and authorized to work in the US.
- Proper employment documentation; reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- If necessary, ability to work 7 days per week and to be flexible with schedule.
- Environmental Requirements and Exposure, depending on work location and use of PPE:
- Exposure to fertilizer, dusts, odors, high heat, low temperature, high and low humidity, high noise levels, vibrations, water, dry salts, allergens, pollen, dust, plant pathogens, other volatile organic compounds, and other environmental variables.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS *
- Experience in facilities repair or maintenance or other comparable skilled trades experience.
- Experience with Plumbing, HVAC Systems, and Controlled Environments.
- Experience in Manufacturing and knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP).
- Working knowledge of reliability centered maintenance and enterprise asset management methods and best practices.
- Practical understanding of theory and operation of RO water systems.
- OSHA and other safety certifications.
- Minimum High School or G.E.D equivalent is required.
*The above requirements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, and this job description may be amended at any time. Required experience, training, or educational requirements shall be as indicated or as deemed acceptable by Harvest management.
We are looking to hire individuals to help grow our lawn care services. Fertilizer technicians will be responsible for mixing and applying fertilizer and pesticides on residential, commercial, and townhome properties across the metro. Application equipment will include a commercial vehicle with spray tank hoses and ride on spreader/sprayer machines. Fertilizer technicians are also responsible for surveying and diagnosing problematic areas while on site. These positions would be full time, year round positions.
- Valid Drivers License
- Commercial Pesticide Applicators License Categories A & E
- 1 year of application experience as a full time employee or intern
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Quality communication skills
- 2 or 4 year turf grass or horticulture related degree
- Plowing Experience
- Class A or B drivers license
Shwaders began by mowing Grandma and Grandpa's corner lot with a push mower. Before long, word got out about dependable, superior service at an affordable price. That push mower eventually turned into industrial lawn mowers. The industrial mowers created a need for trucks and trailers. Trucks and trailers led to plows and bobcats. Before long, that one corner lot had turned into a thriving, full service, all seasons business.
Today, Shwaders has the ability to offer an array of services throughout the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area. We work with residential customers, property managers, commercial businesses, homeowner associations, and townhomes. If there is a lawn care request, landscape project, or snow removal need, Shwaders is there to help.
Fertilizer / Pesticide Technician
FERTILIZER / PESTICIDE TECHNICIAN
Beechwood Landscape - Southampton, NJ
Seeks full-time, experienced & licensed Fertilizer/Pesticide Technician. Tech will be responsible for applying controlled materials to residential and commercial properties. 1-3 years experience required in related field.
Email resume to: email@example.com
CDL Driver: Fertilizer Applicator
We are a small family owned Southern States franchise. Customer service is our focus. We allocate most of our capital to our bulk fertilizer plant and equipment. We try to replace our equipment with the best available to ensure the highest quality work for our customers. Customer service is our focus especially on the farm. We are seeking a keystone driver with skill in the field and a jack of all trades. A qualified candidate will be mechanically minded and have general ag-related skills. The job is physical and requires walking, bending, climbing, twisting, standing, and carrying heavy objects. Must have the ability to lift and carry 100lb. Basic math, vision, hearing and speech essential. The environment is dusty. Job requires contact with hazardous materials. Computer skills are welcome. Fields can be rough and truck application can be jarring to the body.
The employee will prepare and spread custom applications on customer fields, including both granular fertilizer and agricultural lime. Perform general maintenance and repair work. Mechanical skills appreciated. Strictly adheres to established regulations and operating procedures while working independently offsite. Seasonal farm sales calls and soil samples are critical for success. Required to assist in warehouse, showroom, or drive delivery routes as needed. Participate in specialized training, certification courses, and/or meetings as required. Learn and develop skills to enhance job performance, including: applicator techniques, operations procedures, and safety requirements. Work with others to schedule deliveries.
The training required is normally about 1 week per year and can require overnight stays.
Peak season requires significant overtime. Overtime is paid time and a half. The position guarantees 40 hours per week with 1 week paid vacation after 1 year. A typical full week is 46.5 hours; Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm, with 30 minute lunch breaks, and Saturday mornings 8am to 12 noon. A very basic acceptable candidate would start at $12.00 per hour, suitable candidates would start at $14.00 per hour and up.
Seasonal Job Duties
Off Season Job Duties
Landscaper Fertilizer Technician
- Applies fertilizers and pesticides to lawns according to schedule, safety procedures, and label instructions.
- Drives company vehicle to the customer location.
- Completes required production forms and customer instructions.
- Assists in sales to current customers through contact on route.
- Performs a daily three-minute, 360-degree inspection of truck and equipment before taking the vehicle out on the road and upon return.
- Completes production reports, new sales forms, customer invoice forms, daily vehicle inspection report, and cancel/skip notices as required daily.
- Maintains vehicle and equipment through cleanliness, safety, and general maintenance.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED or 6 months to 1-year related experience and/or training in horticulture and/or customer service or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Drivers License and/or certification as required by federal, state or local government.
- Requires extensive local travel. Valid, permanent driver’s license from the state of residence and clean driving record per company standards are required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Attention to detail.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Time management and organizational skills, including punctuality for on-time attendance.
Custom Fertilizer Applicator
Untitled CUSTOM FERTILIZER APPLICATOR Timac Agro USA is a growing family owned fertilizer production company located near Reading PA. We have an immediate need for an applicator.
This person will be responsible for custom application of fertilizer blends to local farms. This person will operate large application equipment. Attention to detail required.
Class B license required, pesticide license and agricultural or farming experience preferred. Willingness to work OT necessary. Interested candidates can send resume via email to HRtimacusa.com or mail to:
PO Box 888 Reading PA 19607 Attn: HR Dept. Reading Eagle.
Keywords: Pest Controller, Location: Reading, PA - 19607
Operations Trainee - Fertilizer
The Operations Trainee is responsible for learning the fundamentals of facility operations and logistics, as well as commodity procurement. Training is conducted within a mentorship framework, necessitating a high degree of interaction with management. The Operations Trainee is given progressive responsibility and customer contact within the facility management program which will help develop the necessary skills to safely and profitably manage a facility.
Essential Job Functions: * Effectively operate and maintain the facility and machinery
Facilitate product shipment and delivery
Learn processes and skills for proper fertilizer handling processes
Develop and implement plant safety controls
Develop a working knowledge of the relationship between operations and sales teams
Inform Terminal Manager of any safety hazards, environmental issues or system deficiencies in the workplace
Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness in reporting to work, meetings and completing assignments
Other Job Functions: * Provide excellent customer service and assist customers as needed
Regulate record keeping for all incidents according to health and safety standards
Recommend process improvements as necessary
Assist Superintendent and Location Manager with crew development and training as needed Qualifications/Education/Experience/
* Ability to work and interact well with others
High School Diploma or GED * Secondary education in Agriculture, Operations, Manufacturing, or related field a plus
Strong organizational, communication, analytical, and problem solving skills
Positive and self-motivated attitude
Farming background a plus
Possible relocation to other facilities for job growth/advancement
Special Demands: * Heavy-duty, operational, mechanical, and technical hands-on responsibilities
Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands, kneel, and bend
Frequently required to lift or move more than 50 pounds
Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts
Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
Outdoor work environment, including heights and inclement weather, approximately 80% of the time
Requisition Number:* 18-0010 Post Date: 1/23/2018 Title: Operations Trainee - Fertilizer
Fertilizer Technology Process Engineer
Fertilizer Technology Process Engineer
Description The Company With 2016 revenues of approximately $10.9 billion, Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is one of the largest publicly traded (NYSE: JEC) and diverse providers of professional technical services in the world. Founded in 1947, the company now has nearly 54,000 employees that help us prosper in diverse industries by holding true to our values and culture. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, our global network spans more than 230 offices in countries across North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, Africa and Asia. The company’s service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting. Position Summary Participates in the design of phosphoric acid and or granulation plants including new and revamped units. Takes technical direction from senior engineers formulating process technology improvements and developing new design concepts and techniques. International travel is expected.
Develops PFD’s and heat and material balances
Develops piping and instrument drawings working closely with the instrumentation department
Prepares equipment data sheets and specifications (e.g. rotary drums, scrubbers, fans, pumps, screens, crushers etc.
Develops operating manuals
Participates in startup and performance testing.
Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer
Co-authors and presents technical papers at International Conferences
Recognized Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in engineering or technical field from an accredited college or University required + 2-5 years of experience required
Experience in process engineering of phosphate related chemical plants is required
Excellent oral and written communication skills required
English speaking required, French, Spanish and or Arabic preferred Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Primary Location United States-Florida-Lakeland
Req ID: CHE0000FZ
HIRING FOR SEASON Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record, with reliable transportation to and from work. Must enjoy working outside.
Must have strong work ethic, be dependable, motivated and honest. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Candidates must possess effective communication skills to ensure customer satisfaction.
Attention to detail is a must. Seasonal position. Experience is a plus, but not required--we will train.
A mid-size family owned business, located in Zellwood, FL seeks a highly motivated, experienced and productive individual to join our production team as a Plant Operator.
Position Responsibilities Makes batch mixes using established formulations and methods in a manner to ensure that safety, quality and production goals are met on a daily basis.
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Physical requirements – bending, kneeling, lifting up to 65lbs. • Wearing a respirator when/where required to perform inspections/job duties. • Wearing a chemical suit when/where required to perform certain job duties. • Strong verbal and written communication skills. • Ability to gather and evaluate complex information. • All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience supporting environmental compliance in the fertilizer industry or other industrial manufacturing.
· Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
· Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
· Observes safety and security procedures.
· Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
· Monitoring gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
· Self-motivated with the ability to work at a fast pace in order to meet department units and production needs.
· Provide attention to detail and ability to produce results.
· Ability to interact with team members and meet strict deadlines.
· Must be mechanically inclined, with valves and pumps and machinery. Education and Certification
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Mathematical Ability- Ability to calculate basic figures with great attention to detail.
· Reasoning Ability- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Salary: $12.00 to $20.00 /hour depending on ability and experience.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!