Fiberglass Laminator Job Description Sample
Fiberglass Laminator / Laborer
Montana Fiberglass is looking to train motivated individuals to join their fiberglass production team. Seeking positive, energetic individuals with initiative to help cultivate a trade that utilizes one of the most widely used materials in the country. Fiberglass products are built all over the world; learning fiberglass methods can create career opportunities anywhere on the globe.Wage is $14 per hour or higher depending on experience40+ hours per week
Work involves applying resin and fiberglass layers over molds, separating products from molds, and finish work; other tasks include cleaning and maintaining work area and equipment. Must be able to be on feet throughout work shift.
Drug testing policy in place.Benefits offered are: paid vacation, holidays, and sick time. A retirement program is also available.
The position requires experience in small parts including but not limited to:
spraying gel coat into molds
hand lay fiberglass mat and core materials
trim and grind parts
Must have the ability to work independently or as a team
Ability to work in a non climate controlled manufacturing facility
Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
Hand lay assembly of fiberglass for boats and parts.
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.Have what it takes?
Join us.We are the people behind life’s passions.Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at:firstname.lastname@example.org 1-888-735-4767. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled EEO is The Law - click here at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf for more information Brunswick at http://brunswick.com/privacy.php and Workday Privacy Policies Brunswick Corporation (NYSE:BC) is home to the people behind life’s passions.
Our company is made up of some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands in categories such as recreational boats, marine engines, fitness equipment, active recreation, and activated workplace products. While we are family to 14,000 employees around the world, three divisions in more than 30 countries create a local environment, with our global headquarters in the Chicago suburb of Mettawa, IL.
Laminators needed for company in Warren, RI. Duties are subject but not limited to:
- Cutting fiberglass cloth to size, following template or blueprints, using cutting machines, scissors, or knives.
- Applying layers of fiberglass cloth onto mold or fixture in predetermined ply sequence, and presses cloth to fit contours on mold, smooth surface, and remove air pockets and excess resin using squeegee, scraper, or spatula.
- Encasing molded laminate in bagging material and bleeder cloth, attaches vacuum bagging apparatus.
- Dispensing, handling, and applying composite resins and adhesives.
- Trimming, drilling, grinding, sanding, and finishing cured parts to specifications, using templates, fixtures, tools, and power tools.
- Pre-fitting and assembling cured parts into assemblies or sub-assemblies, using jigs, fixtures, power tools, and fasteners, such as rivets and bolts.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic reading, writing, math, and listening skills
- Ability to read a tape measure and basic math skills
- Strong eye-hand coordination.
- 2 year’s previous manufacturing or industrial experience or vocational training preferred.
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail and quality.
- Auto Body Repair is a huge plus
- Fiberglass Laminators is a huge plus
- Fiberglass Experience is a huge plus
- Commitment to training and mastering the craft of blade building. The learning curve is about six months before all duties are mastered.
Fiberglass Laminator experience is a huge plus!
Techniques performed include:
- Mixing resin and catalyst and apply by hand, spray gun or infusion methods.
- Clean, wax and prepare molds as needed.
- Grind fiberglass to required finish.
- Vacuum Bagging
Candidates must be willing and able to work:
- In an industrial environment where there will be exposure to elevated high heat and humidity, fiberglass dust, and hazardous chemicals
- In a safety-sensitive, demanding, detail oriented, deadline driven environment that requires simultaneous handling of multiple priorities
- Independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed to meet production requirements. (Up to a 12 hour shift)
Candidates must be capable of performing the following tasks:
- Work from verbal and /or written work instructions.
- Lifting and carrying up to 25-50lbs.
- Frequent use of manual, electric, and pneumatic hand tools.
- Frequent standing, sitting, bending, kneeling, squatting, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting and lying.
- Frequent reaching and repetitive manipulation of hands for simple grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Wearing of personal protective equipment including, but not limited to safety glasses, gloves, protective garments, and respirators.
- Reliable attendance and punctuality is critical to successful performance in this role.
The job characteristics described above represent those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PeopleReady is a part of TrueBlue Inc., the global workforce solutions leader connecting clients with over 840,000 precisely matched associates every year across 70 countries. Through our recruitment outsourcing, onsite management and on-demand talent delivery services, we are industry-leading innovators for the changing world of work. Let PeopleReady help you get your work done well.
Our growing business at Leisure Pools has immediate openings for Fiberglass Lamination. Our company builds the world's most advanced fiberglass swimming pools, and also builds fiberglass parts for the premier offshore custom fishing boat company, HydraSports Custom Boats.
Our facility is located in east Knoxville, at the Forks of the River industrial park.
We seek both experienced and non-experienced employees, and are willing to train employees to develop a level of expertise and effectiveness to build the highest quality products available. Our processes include both hand-laid and chop lamination. Employees with prior fiberglass repair and maintenance skills are also highly sought, plus other related jobs involved in manufacturing.
Come join a growing company and a group of highly motivated, successful associates with Leisure Pools! Apply today!
An affiliated company, Orion Composites, specialty builds fiberglass products for the marine and medical industries.
Leisure Pools is an equal employment opportunity employer, and participates in Drug Free Tennessee program.
Fiberglass Lamination / Boat Production General Labor
Bass Pro Shops is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are currently looking for 1st shift Laminators for one of the world's largest inflatable and boating companies. Please see below for the job description
- Apply lacquers and waxes to mold surfaces to facilitate assembly and removal of laminated parts.
- Apply layers of plastic resin to mold surfaces prior to placement of fiberglass mats, repeating layers until products have the desired thicknesses and plastics have jelled.
- Mathmatically inclined by measuring and recording defects and specifications
- Ability to use various tools in an manufactuirng/production setting
PLEASE SUBMIT A RELEVANT RESUME WITH EXPERIENCE IN PRODUCTION, MANUFACTURING, AND/OR BOATING AND LAMINATING
Only candidates with resumes that are consistent with the specific job description will be considered.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST PASS A PREEMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN AND A BACKGROUND SCREENING
Hphb- Laminator Operator
Description/Job SummaryLaminator Operator I. POSITION OBJECTIVE:
Operate laminator machine in a safe and efficient manner so as to be a productive, while maintaining high quality. II. QUALIFICATIONS: A. High school graduate or equivalent B.
Good oral and written communication skills C. Previous plastics industry experience D. Available for overtime per rotating schedule E.
Available for cross - training with other departments F. Mechanical aptitude III. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Tasks and Duties 1. Safety - complies with all written and verbal safety rules of the plant and department including the use of personal protective equipment. 2. Complete housekeeping assignments per schedule. 3.
Produces all products to defined quality levels, yield and standard. 4. Setup and adjust line. Makes adjustment to speed, tension, timing, temperature and related variables. 5.
Loads and unloads rolls of material from machines as required. 6. Splices rolls of material together during operation. 7. Completes necessary paperwork including inspection reports. 8.
Perform all job duties as assigned. B. Machinery and Electrical Devices Used 1. Forklift 2.
Overhead cranes 3. Hand tools 4. Scales 5. Calculator
Hanover Park, IL
Hanover Park, IL, USA
Full Time Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K Email Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job 6pm - 6am, 2-2-3 This position is responsible assisting the lead operator in setting-up and operating the laminating machine to meet or exceed customer quality specifications. Accountable and ultimately responsible for the quality and quantity of material produced and all related documentation. Reports to the Production Manager. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reads job specifications and previous run data (if available) to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
Ensures job and material is in order prior to machine set up. Performs set up and pushes button to activate laminator.
Loads and unloads roll stock.
Mixes prescribed adhesives, catalysts and solvents to the proper working viscosity.
Assists in ordering and maintaining chemical inventory and supplies.
Observes machine operation to detect defects or machine malfunction. Makes corrections to alleviate out of specification product.
Checks and records bond strengths.
Meets or exceeds prescribed job standards for line speeds, scrap and set up times.
Performs minor machine maintenance; reports any necessary maintenance to the engineering department using a written work order.
Works cooperatively with the Quality Assurance department to ensure the delivery of high quality products.
Completes required documentation and enters data into the computer database accurately and timely.
Participates in on-going training opportunities and supports a continuous quality improvement environment.
Review work instructions and procedures that are applicable to the position. HAZARDOUS WASTE RESPONSIBILITIES - This individual is responsible for handling and disposing of any hazardous waste associated with printing and laminating processes in accordance with county, state and/or federal guidelines, and may act as an Alternate Emergency Coordinator in the execution of the Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan.
Place hazardous waste into correct containers.
Label and mark hazardous waste containers properly.
Place hazardous waste containers in storage area.
Obtain containers for hazardous waste storage.
Handle hazardous waste containers properly including keeping waste containers closed when not in used and grounding and bonding during the transfer of flammables.
Respond to hazardous waste emergencies and spills. QUALIFICATIONS: + 2-3 years demonstrated experience running lamination equipment using flexible materials.
Ability to work with all levels of employees.
Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
Commitment to quality and high attention to detail. Other Duties Always take ownership and be accountable for your actions. This job description is a tool for you to follow while at ProAmpac. Other job duties may be assigned to you, this outline is not to be considered a detailed description and you may have other duties/projects assigned to meet business needs. Good and reliable attendance, positive attitude and at or above job specific metrics and/or goals will reflect on your annual review. Always take ownership of your job and team. EEO Statement ProAmpac provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. EOE - M/F/Vets/Disability ProAmpac
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!