Fiberglass Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Fiberglass Manufacturing Press Operator
DEDICATED PERSONNEL IS LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR PRESS OPERATOR / CUTTER
- VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE REQUIRED
- MUST BE ABLE TO ACCURATELY READ TAPE MEASURE & TAKE A TEST (IN OFFICE)
- ABLE TO LIFT 50LBS
- WORKING WITH FIBERGLASS MATERIAL (THOSE WITH SENSITIVE SKIN NEED NOT APPLY)
- WE HAVE ALL SHIFTS AVAILABLE
- MUST SUBMIT RESUME WHEN APPLYING
- MOST RECENT 5-7 YEARS SOLID WORK HISTORY; NO GAPS
- PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED: FIRM HANDSHAKE, WITH HARD WORKING HANDS
IF YOU'RE ALREADY REGISTERED, PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE TO SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW, THIS IS AN IMMEDIATE OPENING, DO NOT LET THIS OPPORTUNITY PASS YOU BY FOR A FULL TIME POSITION!
Fiberglass Chop Gun Operator
Job Opening: Fiberglass Chop Gun OperatorApply Online: http://masterspasjobs.com/fiberglass-chopgun-operator/Compensation based on experience.
Full time Mon-Thu 6am to 4pm. Overtime on Friday. Position starts at $15.00/hr and increases to $16.00/hr once successfully chopping. Compensation offered could be more based on experience.Ideal candidate would have:Experience spraying fiberglass
Understanding or resin/fiber mixing ratios
Experience in spraying paint may also be beneficial. Apply Now! Equal Opportunity Employer
Manufacturing - Machine Operator - Plastics Machine Operator - Molding
Job Title: Operator
Location: Delano, MN
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
The employees in this position are responsible for the overall operations of the machine and the manufacturing of good quality parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and operates molding machine in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to meet scrap and production goals.
- Ensures quality of parts coming off machine.
- Reads and follows the molding process sheets, correcting any errors immediately, in writing, to their supervisor or lead person.
- Continually communicates with their lead person, maintenance, quality control and/or supervisor whenever they have questions or need assistance regarding any of the requirements of their job.
- Keeps their work area clean and organized. Places all parts to be trimmed in crates or on pallets.
- Fills out production reporting paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Keeps productive materials appropriately stocked.
- Communicates effectively with prior and subsequent shifts.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by Solar Plastics.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or other members of management.
(The essential duties and responsibilities will have been satisfactorily completed when the following are demonstrated) Note: This only pertains to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position and is not all inclusive of the entire performance evaluation process. Acceptable performance is based on first time quality of molded parts, machine productivity and work area cleanliness and organization.
Copier/Scanner/Fax, Computer, Phone System, Welding Equipment, Lathe and Mill Operation, Hand and Power Tools, Forklift, Ladders
- understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- understand problems, collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- communicate with individuals face to face; requires ability to hear and speak effectively.
- express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately and quickly.
- orally and in writing, communicate technical information.
- add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy
- be able to see and hear 8+ hours per day.
- have visual acuity to perform activities such as running production machines, etc.
- possess good manual and finger dexterity (working with small bolts, nuts, screws, adding inserts, flushing out parts, flaming parts, etc.).
- sit, stand and walk up to 8+ hours per day.
- work at a rapid speed, twist, bend, push, pull, carry, stoop, reach and grasp 8+ hours per day for activities such as working on equipment, making repairs, etc.
- work in confined, tight spaces. Requires continuous finger movement and keyboard usage for carrying and using equipment, tools, etc. Extensive wrist movement is required.
- lift 50+ pounds, unaided on a regular basis. (hoists are available and should be used for parts and molds that exceed this weight level).
- use hand tools.(i.e, power drills, hammers, routers, etc).
- Exposed to heat, cold and potential internal temperature changes up to 8+ hours per day. Exposed to outside working environment when salvaging parts, roof and grounds work. Exposed to solvents when part cleaning, acids/corrosives when cleaning floor, dust, dirt, fumes/vapors/gases from plastics processes, ovens and propane tanks.
This position works independently 8+ hours per day and occasionally works directly with others. Must be able to work the hours/shift required. Ability to work additional hours, as needed to accommodate issues that may arise in the 24-hour operation.
This position exists in a production and shop environment, with occasional need to enter the office.
Personal Protection Equipment
- Eye safety glasses necessary to enter production area.Hearing protection must be worn when excessive noise is present on the production floor and in the shop.
Solar Plastics, LLC provides employees with a wide variety of benefits that include:
Life, AD&D & Dependent Life Insurance
Long-Term and Short-term Disability
Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan with Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Plan
Automatic Payroll Deposit Availability
CNC Machine Operator
Operations of CNC router and machinery including; setting up, testing, running job files, and assisting with other production areas as needed. Following DICA production and safety guidelines Performing general maintenance of CNC router, tooling and support machinery.
· Previous CNC and/or manufacturing experience
· Repetitive heavy lifting of 20-80lbs
· Attention to detail
· Good math and conceptual skills.
· Computer experience
· Forklift experience
· General Carpentry skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
· Safe and efficient operation of CNC router
- Verify Job files and settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to DICA standards.
· Prepare spoil boards and vacuum table for effective operation.
· Inspect materials and completed parts against work order and DICA standards.
· Keep equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
· Forklift operations
· Assist with assembly work and Safety texturing as needed.
· Maintain clean and safe work area and equipment.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
This job has limited supervisory responsibilities. This employee will carry out any supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies, procedures, safety, and applicable laws.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED): or 1-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions and be able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standard situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and finger to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift/or move items from 10 to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to varied temperature conditions, mechanical moving parts, fumes, chemicals, and heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Some independent travel may be required.
· Fulltime Employee Status
· 30-40 per week
· Paid vacation time
· Health Insurance Options
· Bonus Opportunities
· Retirement Plan
Building a Better Outrigger Pad
In 1988, Dick and Carolyn Koberg founded DICA using the first two letters from each of their names. In it’s early years the company represented several manufacturing companies and supplied fiberglass utility bodies, aerial buckets, small excavating equipment and electrical inverters to gas, electric and telecom utilities.
During this time, the Kobergs’ also began pursuing the answer to a question that had been posed to them several years earlier:
“Can you build me a better outrigger pad?”
At that time there was a growing understanding that outrigger pads should be the foundation of outrigger-enabled equipment in order to assure proper load distribution. The early DICA mats and outrigger pads that were constructed to meet this need were largely made of wood or re-purposed cable reel ends. While these early outrigger pads were on the right path, many in the industry were concerned they didn’t quite hit the mark when it came to certain ground conditions, ease of use, weight, ergonomic safety and lifespan. In other words, there was a need for a better mousetrap.
To answer this question, Dick began developing an engineered outrigger pad that would ensure proper load distribution on a range of ground conditions and provide unbreakable strength. The company delivered its first of these outrigger pads in 1988 and has continued to lead the way in outrigger pad product innovation since.
Today, our Made in the USA product line is used in 40+ countries and on 6 continents and includes Safety Tech® outrigger pads and RV jack pads as well as FiberMax® crane pads. With 30+ standard models in our line, we’re able to fit equipment with lifting capacities up to 600 tons or more, anywhere in the world.
The family business has also grown to include Kris and his two brothers Kerry and Kevin. Kris was named CEO in early 2014 and together the three brothers, along with Dick and Carolyn run the daily operation of the business.
Whether you’re a long time customer or meeting us for the first time, we look forward to helping make your setup safe.
Fiberglass Pultrusion company seeks operators to work in manufacturing environment. Duties include tending machine, removing parts, some occasional cutting or secondary work to product. Some packaging of finished parts. Drug free work environment. Employees expected to show up everyday and on time. Previous experience with fiberglass, plastics, or molding is good but not required. Will train. First shift (6am-6pm) or second shift available (6pm-6am).
Lead Machine Operator - Silvercote Dallas, Texas - 2Nd Shift
Silvercote LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Knauf Insulation. Silvercote is a provider of custom insulation systems for the metal building industry. The Lead Machine Operator is a key role at the Dallas, TX facility and reports to the Branch Manager. Ideas candidate will have a background in custom production and also have the ability to work in the office entering in production orders and interfacing with customers.
The role of Lead Machine Operator consists of serving as the machine operator as needed but core focus is leading and cross training others, basic machine maintenance and troubleshooting. This role serves as the mentor to others on the production floor. The Lead Operator ensures that the products meet quality standards, production goals are met and that the production staff is proficient in job tasks and achieving daily goals. The Lead Operator may also be trained as the back up to the location manager and will need to have average office skills and a good working knowledge of a computer. May be required to travel on an as needed basis. Leads by the influence to others and driving of production results. This is a second shift position, Monday- Friday.
· Coordination of production orders and assignment of production staff to job tasks
· Serve as support and go to source for production staff when direction is needed or issues arrive
· Works in partnership with Branch Manager to set KPI and measurable standards for production staff
· Assists with the branch initiatives to cross train and hire new employees, assists with orientation
· Serves as mentor and coach for production staff
· Conducts safety meeting and on-site training as needed
· Updates various systems with production data, reports and
· Works in the office as well as on the production floor during the shift
· Back up- Operate laminator to ensure that products are laminated in accordance with quality standards as well as verifying that facing, fiberglass and tabs meet work order requirements
· Machine set up, change overs, facing changes, machine start up and shut down
· Basic machine trouble shooting and mechanical skills needed
· Mathematic and ability to read and understand units of measurement
· Maximize product output daily
· Interact with transportation companies, sales and planning team
· Using a variety of hand tools
· Ability to lead via influence and motivate team
· Maintain a clean and safe work area, report any issues/concerns to management
· Adhere to all safety regulations and procedures
· Able to recognize substandard product against standard quality expectations
· Accurately cutting down rolls on band saw
· Performing general house-keeping responsibilities
MAY ALSO INCLUDE
· Peer to Peer mentoring of new hires, direct others to achieve goals via influence
· Cross training on other machines
· Operation of forklift, once certified
· Warehouse duties, loading and unloading trucks
· Assist with counting inventory
· May be cross trained to fill in for office staff and interface with customers and orders being processed
· Ability to work flexible hours to include work over time and weekends
· Attention to detail
· Strong organizational skills
· Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
· High school education or equivalent, Bachelor's degree is preferred
· Prior manufacturing or production experience helpful, 1-2 years
· Basic mechanical aptitude
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Solid computer skills- MS Office and Typing
· Basic mechanical aptitude and preventative maintenance
Special Tools/Equipment Used:
· Basic hand tools
· Computer and Cell phone
· Forklift experience and certification
· Regularly required to walk, bend, reach, lift, crouch and stand during shift
· Must be able to lift 30-50 lbs, repeatable
· Drive vehicle and following rules of the road
· Moderate noise level
· Regularly exposed to a fast-paced environment
· May be exposed to extreme temperature changes and dusty conditions when in the plant/branch
Silvercote, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Knauf Insulation, manufactures high quality laminated insulation for steel and wood frame buildings. Silvercote offers several high R-value insulation systems for commercial construction applications. Silvercote also produces high quality retail products, such as water heater jackets, pipe wrap and duct wrap for today's energy conscious consumers.
With headquarters in Greenville, SC, Silvercote is growing and looking for talented people, who want to think freely and develop their skills and experience. Working at Silvercote is an opportunity unlike any other you've had. You'll be challenged, inspired and proud to be a part of our team. Silvercote's working environment thrives on the initiative of its people and it works!
Fiberglass Line Lead
Fiberglass Line Lead
This position essential responsibility is to work with operators to produce desired quota, have a general understanding of the mechanical needs of machine to support the fiberglass crew as they runt into problems.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Support operators with training
- Trouble shoot problems
- Support quality standards
- Daily documenting of production
- Request Materials
- Communicate with production supervisor
- Give daily production summary to production supervisor
- Machine set up
- Keep machine clean
- Keep machine parts organized and ready for future use
- Quality control
- Able to work in confined space
- Able to work with fiberglass
- Good organization and communication skills, both written and spoken
Must be able to multitask
Bilingual in English and Spanish is helpful and a plus in maintaining a smooth communication of tasks to all employees. The ability to communicate in English is required.
Supervise approx.. 5 employees
General Helper - Fiberglass Fan Crafter
Verantis, a manufacturer in the air pollution control industry based in LaGrange, OH, is seeking highly motivated individuals who possess a willingness to work and learn the craftsmanship necessary to build high performance industrial fiberglass fans.
We offer a complete training program within the first year of employment and the opportunity to advance as more experience is gained and techniques are perfected. This is a full-time, 40-hour per week, non-exempt, Union position with occasional overtime as business requirements demand.
Duties include working with fiberglass resin and mat, grinding fiberglass parts, and learning how to perform fiberglass fabrication.
Qualified candidates must:
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be able to follow instructions carefully, which may require basic reading skills and the ability to follow diagrams and pictures
- Have manual dexterity and the ability to carry out complex, repetitive tasks methodically
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Maintain good attendance
A plus if candidates have:
- Fiberglass lamination and/or fabrication experience
- Experience using standard machine shop equipment and tools
- Welding experience/certificate
- Computer experience
Verantis offers a sign-on bonus, as well as a competitive hourly rate in addition to medical, dental, vision, life insurance and strong retirement savings program.
Qualified candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
CNC Lathe Operator - Machine Operator
Established Troy, Michigan Tool Manufacturer needs CNC lathe operator-experienced only-
- Must be able to program, edit, and set up cnc lathe to make parts from prints
- Must have own tools, and transportation
- Manual lathe and mill experience a plus
Good wages, health care, paid vacation.
Concrete Pump Operator / Machine Operator
• Recommend measures to improve productivity/quality
• Requisition materials and supplies
• Resolve work problems
• Set up, loads and unloads machines and equipment
• Train staff in safety consciousness, and policies
• Maintains tools and equipment associated with concrete pumps mounted on trucks, platforms, or separate placing booms
• Experience as a construction worker an asset
• Good communication skills
• Great leadership ability
• Solves problems effectively
• Well organized
$16 - $20 /HR
Since 1975, Central Broward Construction is a full service commercial masonry contractor. CBC works in Dade, Broward, and West Palm Beach counties. CBC owns and operates all of our equipment.
Since its inception in 1990, Coast to Coast Forms has consistently outperformed as a provider of concrete shell building systems, delivering high quality and cost-effective workmanship. Our success comes from a steadfast commitment to the client’s vision, a culture of balance, integrity, leadership, and loyalty. Our passion for collaborative building practices can be seen in our projects that range from Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Okeechobee Counties.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!