Field Assembly Supervisor Job Description Sample
Assembly Production Supervisor - 2Nd Shift
- Responsible to manage personnel and projects within his/her department.
- Knowledge of all functions from raw materials to finished goods, to include equipment and machinery. Responsible for proper use and care of equipment, requesting repair or replacement when necessary.
- Assists subordinates in interpretation of work instructions and engineering changes.
- May recommends changes in methods, standards and tooling for increased productivity and cost reductions
- Ensures that each employee knows what is expected on each job assignment with reference to the quality of the part and the quantity to be produced in accordance with the JES’s and SOS’s.
- Conducts a daily quality briefing to all employees at the start of the shift reviewing the previous day’s quality issues and performance. Uses Verification Station data to provide this feedback.
- Responsible for the quality of the parts produced on the shift.
- Ensures all ISO/TS 16949:2002 procedures/paperwork are correct and properly maintained in their area.
- Responsible for maintaining all Training records and Flexibility Matrix’s per QSB.
- Responsible for completing all layered audits assigned.
- Conducts a daily production briefing at the beginning of the shift which reviews the prior day’s production performance and clearly states the day’s production requirements. Ties this to the incentive process.
- Assigns duties to employees on a daily basis. Determines these assignments based on the daily production requirements.
- Responsible for attaining the production requirements as directed by the materials group on a daily basis, while maintaining proper utilization and efficiency of manpower.
- Maintains a daily census and accounts for all employees under their control. This supports HR and the incentive process. Inspects and corrects timekeeping system data daily.
- Responsible for tracking hourly employee work hours on a daily basis.
- Measures department performance to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures. Utilizes the daily scorecard to accomplish this requirement.
- Maintains optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material cost to meet monthly budgetary plan as per management direction. Utilizes the weekly scorecard to measure
- Minimum Grade 12 with 2 – 3 years supervisory experience.
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Identifying and resolving issues that prevent team members from achieving machine rates
- Coaching team members to use proper ergonomic methods on the machines.
- Communicating with support staff and management on issues, shortages and downtime seen throughout the shift.
- Scheduling people and making assignments to accomplish the daily schedule
- Writing and giving employee performance reviews in a timely manner
- Sequencing production orders and ensuring we meet customer requirements
- Maintaining production of quality product that meets customer standards
- Maintaining the area and equipment to provide the team with an organized workplace and proper tools
- Support overtime as needed
Royal is a diverse manufacturer of injection molding, urethane foam and assemblies. We serve the automotive, furniture, and consumer products industries.
We offer great benefits including:
- No Sunday work
- Quarterly bonuses based on profitability
- Ownership in the company through our ESOP plan (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Outstanding health, dental, and vision insurance
- Wage increases every 6 months
Assembly Supervisor (Full-Time)
Assembly Supervisor (Full-time)
Closing date: 12/31/2018
Working Hours: Full-time
People are what make the difference at voestalpine. People who produce, process and refine high-quality steel products in flexible, specialized companies around the world. People who make our customers' challenges their own. People with a never-ending drive to search for an even better solution. It's people like you who keep voestalpine one step ahead.
The Supervisor – Production Area is responsible for the direct oversight of the Production Area, as well as the corresponding associates and physical production. Management of associates includes validation of the quality and quantity of their work, communicating schedules, coordinating proper training, disciplinary issues, and other items as needs arise.
Oversight of physical production includes the professional set-up and change-over of production equipment, the quality of parts produced, the fulfillment of production orders, and the overall 5S condition of the Area.
This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager or equivalent.
Responsible for physical production of parts.
Supervision and monitoring of production processes and trouble shooting.
Direct supervision of operators and machinery.
Accountable for entering inspection data into the Quality Management System.
Responsible for overseeing the set-up of equipment for production orders including documentation.
Set-up and change-over of production equipment according to specifications
Oversees the production of try-out and series parts.
Instruction and continuous training of staff
Ensures on-time fulfillment of production orders.
Responsible for administrative duties and completed paperwork within work scope
Responsible for the documentation of: problems, produced quantities, scrap, start-up, and end of production.
Ensures safety, environmental protection and cleanliness in designated areas.
Accountable for allocating labor for efficient operation in designated areas.
Responsible for a smooth production process.
Desired Skills and Experience:
5 years of relevant experience
Associate Degree, Bachelor's Degree a plus
Experience with the set-up and change-over of production equipment
Experience with welded assembly parts for the automotive industry
Experience supervising and training staff.
Solid Organizational skills.
German language skills are an asset.
What we offer
Sports and fitness programs
Good transportation access
Training and education
Cafeteria; Healthy nutrition; Sports and fitness programs; Health measures; Parking space; Good transportation access; Barrier-free workplace; Training and education; Employee events
Contact & Application
voestalpine Automotive Components Cartersville Inc.
Assembly Supervisor - Night Shift
Desuperheater/Leveltrol Assembly Supervisor
Responsible for supervision and leadership of hourly subordinates in assembly and related operations. Accountable for managing day-to-day operations to maximize production while maintaining a safe workplace, reducing costs, improving quality, and meeting customer requirements. Accountable for support of shipment schedules.
Direction and coordination of the following activities:
Establish a safe working environment and demonstrate positive safety behaviors and attitude.
Assign orders to assembly and weld operators. Resolve issues arising out of assembly and welding.
Complete weld cards for operations assigned to work area
Maintain employee qualifications. Identify training gaps or additional qualifications needed.
Coordinate activities of other departments on assembly (IE: paint, machining, etc.)
Perform dispositions and conduct MRB for area assigned
Assure quality of all operations through conformance to internal/external requirements.
Actively lead 6S program in area assigned.
Assist in the re-classification of parts. Create non-standard jobs and complete inventory adjustments.
Monitor and take steps to improve inventory accuracy within job function.
Assist in making equipment and staffing decisions to support long-term business levels.
Periodically evaluate group and individual performance through both formal and informal reviews.
Provide training and cross training for all subordinate.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum of high school graduate, 4-year college degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Knowledge of Fisher products and manufacturing processes.
Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
Knowledge of current industry practices.
Effective communication skill with both hourly and salaried personnel.
Ability to direct, motivate and guide subordinates.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Assembly Supervisor (Coach)
Assembly Supervisor (Coach)
Posted 11/14/2018 2:54:52 PM
Job Function: Manufacturing
Business Segment: Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
Location(s): United States; Illinois; Loves Park
The Assembly Coach will perform the daily operations of plants to ensure reliability and consistency on the production line with primary responsibilities for the "Sky's the Limit" team. Position requires understanding of a concepts, methods and procedures (technical Bachelor's Degree).
In addition, As the Assembly Coach, you will:
Oversee and manage front-line manufacturing employees
Execute routine analyses using vested methods and technologies and/or contribute to technological developments in teams under
Work together with people from the business unit
Works within a team setting and / or under guidance
Alternatively: executing routine but complex analysis
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
Minimum of 3 years of experience in Manufacturing, Assembly or related field
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Ability to work independently
Strong problem solving skills
GE is one of the largest employers in the U.S., with its global headquarters based in Fairfield, CT and 134,000 U.S. employees as of the end of 2012. Our facilities range from Thomas Edison's original factory in Schenectady, New York, where over a thousand employees work today to build the latest generation of steam turbines and generators, to a GE Aviation plant in Durham, North Carolina, where hundreds of employees will make fuel-efficient, advanced technology jet engines. These locations exemplify an industrial renaissance that is happening in the U.S., driven by advanced manufacturing techniques, ground-up innovation, supporting thousands of new jobs, and making products for export. Want to be part of the renaissance? Join us today.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Learn More about GE
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Illinois; Loves Park
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
PLT Tire Assembly Supervisor
PLT Floor Supervisor Production Line (TB)
1.Responsible for scheduling builder machine alignment.
2.Recording builder attendance and builder related defects.
3.Monitor quality, safety, productivity and housekeeping.
4.Responsible for coordinating schedule changes.
5.Conduct safety talks at the beginning of each shift.
6.Enforce plant policies, and if necessary, conduct disciplinary actions as directed by policy.
7.Perform necessary paperwork and reporting, and ensure accuracy and neatness.
8.Schedule and coordinate buildouts.
9.Schedule and coordinate startups.
10. Ensure all departmental bulletin boards are kept current.
11. Check tire followup.
12. Perform other duties as directed by the Lead Supervisor or Department Manager.
Associate's Degree or 2 years experience required.
Previous manufacturing experience. Previous surrogate experience.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply.
If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
The Tire division is known for maximizing safety through short braking distances and excellent grip as well as reducing fuel consumption by minimizing rolling resistance. Tires are the vehicle's only link with the road.
They have to transmit all forces onto four areas of the road surface that are roughly the size of a postcard. In critical situations, it is the technology level of the tires that determines whether a vehicle is able to stop in time or stay in the correct lane during cornering maneuvers.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Concessions Supervisor At Coors Field
Job Summary:The hourly supervisor oversees the operations of their location to ensure all food is prepared and served according to health and safety regulations; facility is clean; employees are properly trained; and, customers are satisfied with their service. The supervisor assists in managing the staff and plays a large role in the ability to maintain positive employee relations and a positive team environment.
Essential Tasks and
- Responsible for opening and closing the building according to expectations of the management team
- Oversee the sanitation of work stations including floors, worktables, walls, refrigerators, meat blocks, equipment, and utensils
- Ensure all staff on duty are properly trained and adhere to cash handling standards
- Responsible for making sure the staff uses correct portions when preparing and serving items
- Follow and direct others in the standards for product merchandising, line display, stocking, storing of products and distribution of marketing material
- Ensure the staff appropriately logs and disposes of waste, follow 5P process including recipe standards
- Responsible for cash handling, safe verification and daily deposits
- Responsible for Work Force Management scheduling, editing, keying exceptions and approving time
- Knowledge of Labor Scheduling Report, Labor Scheduling Tool, and Labor Tracking Tool
- Delegates tasks to employees as necessary
- Assist managers with employee discipline sessions, attendance logs, and maintains up-to-date contact information
- Monitor theft in the location and report incidents to managers
- Ensure uniform compliance of the staff members
- Maintain a safe work environment by enforcing all safety standards
- Understand the proper use of and storage of chemicals used in the location. Be familiar with the chemical SDS book and its contents
- Daily use of the correct PPE for the task assigned
- Report all injuries immediately to your manager and/or supervisor
- Knowledge of QA Audit
Additional Job Functions:
- Cross-train at other positions in the location
- Work at other stations and in other departments as necessary
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the ARAMARK management team.
Oversees and directs staff to ensure timely and effective service of customers.
- Front-of-house and/or back-of-house
- Occasionally inside kitchen area and or dish room; including interaction with heated equipment, steam, loud noises, chemical products, and other at risk conditions.
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Must be able to effectively communicate and understand directions
- Must be able to understand safety rules, Aramark Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Must be willing to perform a variety of tasks as assigned
- Excellent customer service and a positive attitude
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Basic computer skills and ability to quickly learn new technology systems
- Ability to manage people and have accountability for company assets
- Successful completion of the Aramark Hourly Food Handlers training within the first 30 days of employment
- Must be willing to follow all Aramark Safety Standards
- Experience in food service industry
- Courtesy and tact in dealing with guests, co-workers, as well as others in the college community
Field Service Supervisor
This position provides major support for service customers' satisfaction, direct customer contact responsibilities, quoting of major jobs, directly supervising field service technicians, and performs some administrative operational responsibilities.
- Percent Of Time Spent = 50%
Accepts and coordinates customer inquiries and requests (phone, walk-in or email) for machine repair/service.
Establishes job priorities and schedules daily job assignments for each Field Technician.
Manages or resolves customer's machine service complaints and problems to the best customer satisfaction level possible.
Provides customer service, pricing quotes and machine service completion and delivery schedule information.
Daily monitors machine repair schedule and immediately contacts customer with any schedule updates, modifications or whenever any additional repair is needed. (Work in process).
Coordinates job repair priorities and assigns daily job assignments.
Serves as a liaison between Service Manager, other departments and branches such as shop, parts department, machine transportation, and Specialization shop.
- Percent Of Time Spent = 30%
Opens, maintains and closes work orders (i.e. look up customer account job and component codes, warranty status, enter into system). Administer credit and COD collection per Company Policy.
Issues, extends and enters purchase orders.
Occasionally types correspondence, quotes, records, reports, etc.
Periodically prepares reports and memos.
Supervision Percent of Time Spent = 20%
Supervises and dispatches Field Service personnel, insure adequate quality and profitability
Responsible for service trucks and helping to maintain costs and all safety compliances (DOT, MSHA, etc.)
A two year business or management degree, but a four year Bachelor of Science or Business Management degree preferred or a high school graduate with at least six years of experience in similar work environment plus group leader experience.
Four years working experience in similar customer service related position. Basic mechanical and product knowledge is desirable.
Must be able to work for long periods while seated. Must have ability to clearly communicate with customers on the phone or in person.
Good customer relations is a must. Pleasant personality. Must be PC knowledge with basic level skill with keyboard and word process software (preferably Microsoft).
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval.
Gregory Poole Equipment Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Supervisor Customer Service Field
One Gas Supervisor Customer Service Field in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Supervisor Customer Service Field
Job ID: 1157
Functional Area: Field Operations
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Relocation Provided: No
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Department: CUSTOMER SVC
Internal / External: Internal and External
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Supervises employees performing field customer service work.
Work non-contact service orders
Direct employees in daily operations of field customer service activities including but not limited to:
Prioritizing orders/scheduling work force
Gas leakage detection
Advise and assist customers, contractors, city/county/state officials, dealers, plumbers, employees, and others with information including but not limited to:
Code interpretation and compliance
Venting and ventilation requirements
Proper installation of appliances
Investigate major incidents including leaks, fires, explosions, and/or asphyxiations where natural gas may have been a factor. Assist local fire officials with their investigations.
Conduct safety meetings and training sessions.
Compile, prepare, and/or verify information including but not limited to:
Customer service summaries
Data gathering of technician/contractor production
Regular and reliable attendance is required in performance of job.
Employee may be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
Experience performing customer service field functions.
Working knowledge of company and governmental operating/safety policies and procedures related to customer service activities.
Demonstrated ability to investigate and analyze incidents involving customer complaints, fires, explosions, or asphyxiations.
Experience in use and function of tools and equipment applicable to position, including accessing computers.
Experience with the application of basic math.
Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines with manpower shortages or emergency situations.
Experience interacting, advising, training, and communicating effectively.
Demonstrated ability to develop information and make presentations.
Demonstrated ability to research, compose, and compile reports, and correspondence.
Experience reading and interpreting technical information including governmental rules and regulations, equipment specifications, building code manuals, and company operating and customer service manuals.
Demonstrated ability to supervise, lead, or delegate work assignments; educate and promote Technician skill set levels; oversee Contractor performance.
Demonstrated ability to read and write fluently in English.
Applicable driver's license
Mobility to travel in office surroundings and around job sites out-of-doors.
Able to assist customer service field employees in performance of routine and/or emergency activities.
Operate tools and equipment required.
Communicate and/or exchange information or instructions utilizing two-way radios.
Visual ability sufficient to perform job duties.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!