Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Associate's degree plus five years relevant experience or high school diploma plus eight years relevant experience.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or a construction industry related field plus five years construction industry experience with public or private projects including construction inspection or supervision of major public construction projects. Minimum two years supervisory experience. Working knowledge and experience with construction systems (Primavera project management and scheduling applications preferred).
* Demonstrated construction field experience including sequencing and installation of work.
* Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend plans, specifications, addenda, bid materials, contracts and related construction documents.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
* Proficiency in PC applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
* Ability to lead and/or participate in team endeavors.
* Demonstrated record of taking initiative.
* Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
* Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
The Field Representative assists the Project Manager or Senior Project Manager in all aspects of a construction project or projects, including ensuring compliance with contract provisions, contract administration and monitoring, and evaluating and making recommendations related to project budgets and schedules, and developing recovery plans related to quality, budget, and schedule.
* Monitor and observe construction, installation, and testing of building systems and technology, operation, and maintenance of buildings and/or facilities on a daily basis ensuring compliance with construction documents.
* Coordinate the work of all trades.
* Read, interpret, and comprehend contract plans, specifications, addenda, bidding documents, contracts and other related materials and recommend approaches to resolving issues to the Project Manager.
* Ensure quality is maintained in accordance with the original intent of construction documents through coordination with design consultants/construction managers/contractors and/or management of material testing and inspection consultants, review of daily field reporting, and coordination with internal quality resources.
* Ensure compliance with contract provisions and the quality of design and construction work performed by architects, engineers, contractors, and consultants.
* Conduct or participate in mechanical, electrical, and structural quality assurance field inspections.
* Review bid advertisements, prepare bid summaries, review bidder qualifications, and recommend construction contract awards to Procurement.
* Schedule and supervise required testing and commissioning, and monitor results.
* Represent DASNY as liaison to client agency. Interact with client agency and make recommendations regarding project approach.
* Conduct and/or attend joint scope, job, progress, and coordination meetings.
* Prepare notes and minutes of meetings and coordinate the associated follow-up.
* Schedule, coordinate and monitor project activities among applicable DASNY staff/units, consultants, contractors, governmental agencies, and other project entities through project closeout.
* Ensure consultant and contractor compliance with all DASNY procedures.
* Coordinate consultant and contractor deliverables through thorough understanding of contract deliverables, pre-construction meetings, construction manager orientations, project health assessments, monthly project meetings, and contract closeout checklists.
* Continuously evaluate the performance of architects, engineers, contractors, and construction managers.
* Utilize project data to prepare status reports and other specialized reports.
* Estimate costs and monitor the project budget, making recommendations to the Project Manager as needed
* Review and monitor project schedule; report observations, and make related recommendations to Project Manager.
* Review consultant and contractor progress payments.
* Prepare, evaluate, and make recommendations to Project Manager related to change order proposals.
* Assist in the evaluation of claims and make recommendations to Project Manager.
* Develop and maintain records for the project and/or program including contract documents, files, logs, lists and other records, and utilize project management/reporting systems for recording all project activities.
* Consult with code enforcement agencies regarding the interpretation and application of building codes and regulations.
* Maintain liaison with customer agencies and assist in the resolution of issues where appropriate.
* Manage assigned projects under the direction of the Project Manager.
* Assist in the development, documentation and implementation of procedures and internal controls.
* May provide service to multiple client agencies over a specified geographic area.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
* Conduct surveys and inspections of existing and potential DASNY facilities to determine design and construction deficiencies and to determine rehabilitation requirements.
* May train and evaluate employees.
* Assist with the development, documentation, and implementation of procedures.
* Assist with the assessment/development and implementation of internal controls, and participate in the review and testing of same.
* Undertake special assignments as directed.
* Must maintain regular attendance in accordance with DASNY attendance and leave policies.
* Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Information Technology Services. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Additional Comments Supervision
Supervision of employees may be required.
Weekly travel may be required, depending on assignment, using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Requires exposure to weather and temperature extremes, loud noises, heights (climbing ladders, scaffolding, etc.) and work safety hazards (chemicals, fumes, etc.). Requires physical mobility, strength, dexterity and coordination. Requires endurance, concentration and complex and time-pressured decision-making. Requires the ability to see, hear, smell, touch and distinguish colors. Must be available to occasionally work a modified work schedule or extended workday hours.
May be standard office environment or a construction site. Requires the use of one or more of the following: PC, telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, scanner, electronic stapler/hole punch/date stamp, shredder.
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
POST JOBS FOR FREE