Field Service Engineer Job Description Sample
Field Service Engineer / Field Application Scientist
Advanced Analytical, a manufacturer of innovative scientific instrumentation for the genomics, biotechnology and pharmaceutical markets based in Ankeny, IA is currently seeking a Field Service Engineer/Field Application Scientist - Southern CA Region (San Diego Based) to join our expanding team.
This full time dynamic position will work directly with customers, with a primary focus on providing installation, training, field service/support, as needed repair/maintenance, and additional application support activities of our capillary electrophoresis (CE) based DNA/RNA analysis systems. This position would directly report to the Director of Client Services.
Primary responsibilities would include:
- Remote installation, qualification, and implementation of capillary electrophoresis based genomics instrumentation;
- Remote technical support, maintenance/repair of instrumentation and/or diagnosis/resolution of product performance issues;
- Training of customers on instrument hardware, data analysis software, and sample preparation;
- Ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction by proactively responding to customer needs and offering advice regarding equipment usage, preventative maintenance, and/or application development;
- Performing routine customer follow ups within the specified territory;
- Providing continuous feedback in regard to customer needs, field service issues, and/or market trends;
- Providing occasional technical assistance to sales team with client demonstrations;
- Participating in the promotion and sale of extended maintenance contracts;
- Travel up to 75% of the time on average depending on the work load.
Desired Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- 2 years of college minimum; preferably a BA or BS degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related field;
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant scientific bench and/or field experience;
- Hands-on experience with operation and troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, strong documentation skills with high attention to detail;
- Multitasking and problem solving skills;
- Positive attitude, with customer oriented focus;
- Flexible working hours dependent upon customer commitments, with ability to travel on short notice;
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
This position is full time with benefits and will be remote based in the San Diego, CA region. The total territory covered includes Southern CA, NV, UT, AZ, NM, CO, NE, OK, and TX. Occasional travel outside the specified territory may be required. Salary is dependent upon experience. Total compensation additionally includes performance-based bonus package.
Submit Resume with a minimum of three professional references, Cover Letter and Salary Requirements/History.
Please note that Advanced Analytical will not sponsor applicants for work visas associated with this position.
The company's flagship product, the Fragment Analyzer, is recognized as the best-in-class, multi-channel, automated fluorescence-based CE detection system for the simultaneous analysis of the quantity and quality of nucleic acids, including: dsDNA fragments, gDNA, NGS fragments and RNA (total and messenger) and microsatellites (SSR).
The company has facilities in Ankeny, Iowa, USA; Paris, France and Heidelberg, Germany. We support customers through a global network of distributors and support centers.
Field Service Engineer (Technical Service Representative)
SOTAX Corporation has an immediate opening for a Technical Service Representative (Field Service Engineer) based in the
Greater Chicago Area.
Responsibilities include system installations, validations, preventative maintenance, end-user training and providing technical support to customers. There will be overnight travel within the region. Additionally, there will be some out of region US travel. Total overnight travel can be up to approximately 40%.
The ideal candidate will have a chemistry OR electromechanical background OR equivalent experience. He/she will also have experience working with a variety of pharmaceutical lab equipment including dissolution in an end-user or metrology capacity. GMP documentation skills are an advantage. Experience with physical testing instruments is a plus.
SOTAX is looking for an eligible candidate to join our growing company. Our compensation package includes competitive salary, auto allowance, Section 125 plan for health insurance, company provided life, short and long term disability insurances, safe harbor 401k, paid vacation, personal, and sick time in addition to holidays.
For more information regarding SOTAX, please visit our web site at www.sotax.com.
SOTAX is an equal opportunity employer
Advanced Program Engineer (Ape) - Field Service Engineer III
Leonardo DRSis a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website atwww.leonardodrs.com. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. We offer employees an opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing, engineering driven company. We provide a challenging work environment, exceptional opportunity, and excellent benefits including health care, dental plan, vision plan, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, flexible work schedules including a 9/80 workweek, competitive pay and flexible spending benefits among others. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the defense and commercial technology. DRS Advanced ISRdesigns, develops and manufactures avionics systems, flight safety products, tactical radios, communications equipment, electronic warfare, and intelligence systems used by the United States and friendly foreign military services. The company also integrates its products onto military and other government agency platforms and supports these products worldwide. Job Location Beavercreek, Ohio
Title: Advanced Program Engineer (APE) - Field Service Engineer III*
Looking for an energetic self-starter to work directly with our customers and positively represent the company. As an Advanced Program Engineer (APE), you will provide world class 24/7 support to our customers in person or through electronic means. You will work alongside a team of professionals as you support multiple world-wide locations or you may be asked to confidentially support multiple locations by yourself. APE’s are responsible for wide spectrum of program support to include systems engineering support, integration and test, installing, repairing, and maintaining DRS systems or components in the field. This position is in our Beavercreek, Ohio facility in the Mission Point office complex. Responsibilities will involve primarily supporting complex Field Service activities in operating environments at depots, training sites, and customer field operations with training, operation or repair. Applies extensive technical skills in area of proficiency and demonstrates expertise at all types of military and commercial field assignments. Duties and
* Support complex Field Service activities in operating environments at depots, training sites, and customer field operations with training, operation or repair.
Apply extensive technical skills in area of proficiency and demonstrate expertise at all types of military and commercial field assignments
Determine solutions and advise others in resolving a wide variety of moderately complex technical problems
Interface directly with senior customer personnel, internal and external, as the primary technical contact on significant issues requiring multiple solutions and coordination across company and customer organizations
Work at remote locations without direct supervision
May be responsible for leading a technical group independently
Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
Participate in preparation of proposals
Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
Lead and direct the work of others as assigned
Attend appropriate engineering, customer or business meetings
Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization
Basic Qualifications* * Applicable Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, military preferred
Minimum 5+ years of field engineering experience or similar military experience
Ability to complete a technical project independently
Expected to have knowledge and experience in multiple disciplines enough to support engineers on the project team
Must have a current Secret Clearance or the ability to attain one
Good understanding of basic RF theory * DF and Monitoring system experience a plus
Proficient with electronics test equipment
Experience with electronics lab management
Ability to work autonomously or within a small diverse team
Ability to obtain a passport and able to travel CONUS and OCONUS
Physical Demands* * Lift over 35 LBS
Work Environment* * Work environment will include a mix of office, lab and austere field conditions Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #AIS
Field Service Engineer
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for administering preventative maintenance (PM) and troubleshooting, calibrating and performing electrical safety tests (EST) on automated microbiology equipment in the Livermore, CA area. The ideal candidate is involved in all areas of microbiology equipment technology, including monitoring work order requests, completing repairs, new equipment inspections and installations, PM’s, EST, and documenting all service activities.
Essential Job Functions
· Perform tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, and assembly of automated microbiology equipment involving basic knowledge and abilities associated with the electronics, robotics, and mechanical processes.
· Achieves performance measures associated with the maintenance of equipment, productivity, customer satisfaction, and other performance standards.
· Complete all necessary documentation of activities involving the servicing of equipment in accordance with the manufacturer requirements.
· Serves as a resource for the proper operation, and maintenance of equipment
· Instructs instrument operators in proper equipment use
· Adheres to the highest level of customer service, while managing customer requests with diplomacy.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Associate’s degree in Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or minimum 2-3 years equivalent formal related training required
· Extensive travel required (Approx 50-75%) with minimal notice
· Must be reliable and able to work independently with limited supervision
· Excellent customer service expertise with outstanding communication skills
· Willingness and ability to be on call 24/7
· Comfortable working in clinical environments with infectious agents and biohazards
· Computer literacy and ability to read instrument schematics required
Job Time: Full-time
Ability to Travel: 50=75%
Experience Level: Mid-Level
Field Service Engineer ( A+ Certification Required)
Job Duties: - possible contract to hire
· Responsible for on-site installing, maintaining and repairing company and multi-vendor systems which include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems.
· Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventative maintenance and configurations which may impact product performance.
· Takes responsibility for potential or desired follow-up services (Sales/Systems Engineering) or problem escalation.
· Fully qualified field engineer. High degree of troubleshooting skill required.
· Should possess leadership skills such as being able to organize work and oversee tasks performed by others.
· Need clear understanding of how to manage a ticket queue in an SLA driven environment.
· Must have excellent customer relationship skills.
· Level 3 break/fix expertise required.
· Courteous, outgoing, friendly personality that evokes confidence.
1. English, Experienced
2. Deskside Support Services Delivery & Support, Experienced (Must have experience working directly with customers)
3. CompTIA A+, Required
4. Service Now Experience preferred
5. Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken in English
Field Service Engineer
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER - Injection Molding Machines
Responsible for direct machine startup, repair service, and/or providing other technical assistance to Injection Molding equipment and accessories to existing and future customers.
Adheres to daily schedule provided by Area Service Manager to visit and service customers’ machinery.
· Troubleshoots electrical, hydraulic and mechanical problems leaving the customer with the assurance that the problem has been or will be resolved.
· For new injection molding machines: starts up, provides molding assistance, and gives hands on operator and maintenance training.
· Responsible for timely and accurate field service report specific to all services on site, problems incurred, safety violations noted, hours and expenses.
· Responsible for all the proper use and care of all company-issued tooling, property, and proprietary information.
Required Education and Experience:
· Two-year technical degree in the field of electronics, or equivalent experience in the plastics industry.
· Must have 7 or more years of field service experience or equivalent experience in the area of troubleshooting and repair of injection molding machines or mechanical/electric circuitry.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Indicate education based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
· Proven experience in processing and application engineering.
· Must know how to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic schematics. Must use all necessary hand tools and various hydraulic, mechanical and electrical test equipment.
· Must possess a working knowledge of process parameters of injection molding to properly assess whether a problem is mold, materials, or machine related.
· Must have strong customer interaction skills, interpersonal communication skills, and written skills. These skills are essential to ensure clear understanding and resolution of problems of a highly technical nature.
· Must be fully computer literate with experience in Windows and data acquisition and diagnostics software.
· Must possess and maintain a serviceable vehicle for transportation to and from the work site, or other location, as may be required to carry on daily business activity.
Hunter International Recruiting is certified as a women’s business enterprise through the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), the nation’s largest third party certifier of businesses owned and operated by women in the US. We recognize the commitment to supplier diversity that is embraced by corporations and government agencies today, and we can add diversity to your supply chain.
Follow us on Twitter: @hirecruiting
Like us on Facebook: Hunter International
Follow us on Instagram: @hunterinternational
Field Service Engineer
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
Manufacturing company – Georgia Location
Responsible for technical support for flexible packaging film
Equipment modification on customer equipment
Field trials on new products and new applications
Maintain complete records of service calls
Assist with technical training
Advanced knowledge of converting and/or packaging processes (printing, laminating, and extrusion)
3 to 6 years’ experience
Problem solving skills
Packaging or Lab experience
Technical experience in plastic film
Degree in technical discipline is desired
Field Service Engineer
FIELD SERVICE / APPLICATIONS ENGINEER
Our client is seeking a strong Field Service / Applications Engineer for their Swiss CNC line of Machine Tools.
Strong technical skills on Citizen or Miyano CNC Machines. May consider other CNC Machining experience with the right technical background.
Strong knowledge of Programming, Process Troubleshooting, installations, maintenance, preventative / predictive maintenance programs, training of personnel, and the ability to work with customers to resolve problems.
Required Job Functions:
Travel to customer's facility to provide installation, troubleshooting maintenance and repair support on Swiss CNC machines and controls
Provide comprehensive training to distributors and customers as wells as assistance over e-mail and phone
Utilize machine tool manuals, technical documents, internal and vendor resources to research machine issues
Ensure proper documentation regarding machine issues, repairs and installation; the Field Service Engineer will provide detailed feedback to management, distributors and customers
Possess and maintain an in-depth knowledge of machine tool industry
Execute warranty repairs and providing after warranty service on our machines
Looking for someone with a great attitude, great work ethic, great technical skills, great people skills and a burning desire to get the job done right.
Field Service Engineer
- The preferred candidate will have an A.S. or B.S. in electronics engineering or Chemistry or equivalent as well as experience in the calibration, troubleshooting and repair of complex electronic instruments.
- The client will look at candidates who have a life science degree with experience working in an R&D Laboratory and want to move into a Field Service role.
- Good communication skills and strong customer service skills are a must for this position.
- The duties include the Preventive Maintenance, Troubleshooting, Repair and Calibration of instruments in the assigned region.
- Frequent overnight travel.
- Salary, company car, paid expenses, bonus and low-cost full family benefits package.
Field Service Engineer - Kentucky
Summary This position is responsible for installing, troubleshooting and repairing TRUMPF CNC machines. Principle Duties & Responsibilities The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned. Provide exceptional customer service Clearly and professionally interact with customers Work closely with customers and machines to ensure equipment operates within expected tolerances Pursue machine diagnosis of our internal Product Support Group (PSG) to repair TRUMPF equipment Work carefully with the PSG for
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!