Filler Spreader Job Description Sample
Truck Driver / Fertilizer Spreader
Full time truck driver position. Must have CDL and good driving record.
Must be able to lift approximately 50 pounds. Duties will include delivering and spreading fertilizer. Ag experience and mechanical maintenance skills would be helpful.
Could move into an Ag Sales position for the right applicant. Employer is willing to train and also help obtain a CDL if needed.
Spreader (Entry Level Production Position)
The Spreader spreads encapsulated softgels onto trays, moves the stacks of trays into the drying tunnels and/or performs machine changeovers. This position also assists the machine operators with miscellaneous duties. The Spreader is an entry-level position where the individual is learning about the characteristics of a softgel and about the operations of the machine room department.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILTIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited, to:
- Spreads softgel onto trays evenly for drying.
- Maintains supply of tray paper and empty trays at back of dryer.
- Arranges the stacks of trays in the drying tunnels appropriately.
- Helps machine operators by locating appropriate medicine and gelatin receivers.
- Throws gelatin netting into designated trash bins.
- Keeps mineral oil buckets filled for machine operator use.
- Empties vacuum cleaners.
- Cleans and maintains processing equipment, tools and rooms.
- Changes towels in drying baskets.
- Assists in machine changeovers.
- Assists machine operator in checking temperature of medicine or gelatin.
- Assists machine operator in checking specifications of the encapsulated softgels.
- Assists in monitoring running machines.
- Informs machine operators of poor quality softgels coming out of the drying baskets, malfunctioning machine parts, overflow of medicine hopper and any other irregularities during the production run or changeover/cleaning of the machines.
- Trains other employees on how to spread softgels, perform changeovers/cleanings of Softgel Encapsulation Machines and other duties associated with department duties.
- Follows established department SOP's, cGMP regulations, and batch record instructions.
- Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
- Maintains a safe work environment and operates in a safe manner.
- Perform other job duties related to the job, as assigned by management.
- Good written and oral communications skills & techniques.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, rounding).
- Proficiency with 10-key calculator.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional, cooperative demeanor, conduct, and working relationship with peers, management, employees, and other individuals that interact with this position.
- Ability to comply, interpret and support Company policies, procedures, work rules, and protocols.
- Ability to adapt effectively to workplace changes and new job duties/responsibilities.
- Ability to represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED Certificate; and/or
- Any combination of experience, education, and training that provides the level of knowledge, skills, and experience needed to successful perform the job.
Propane Cylinder Filler / Back-Up Driver
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our team! The ideal candidate will be able to work outside and be mechanically inclined. Prior cylinder delivery experience and a CDL with Hazmat endorsement are a plus.
- Fill propane cylinders and handle other cylinders for customers.
- Aptitude to identify numerous different gas cylinder types and sizes.
- Properly document every transaction.
- Ability to handle physical workload.
- Strong work ethic.
Primary responsibility of product staging, machine set up, operating, cleaning, and sanitizing the filling machine.
Filler OR Label Machine Operators - 1St & 2Nd Shift
High school diploma or equivalent. Good verbal and written communication skills. Basic knowledge of math. Minimum of two years experience in production operations. Basic mechanical knowledge to make adjustments to maintain equipment readiness. Must pass the Equipment certification for designated equipment.
Production Line Operator- Sterile Filler
All Production Line Operators are responsible for all activities associated with the manufacturing and filling operations, required to produce sterile drug products under aseptic conditions.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Must be detail oriented with the ability to work within a team environment or independent if required.
· Set up equipment/machines aseptically for proper operation, including installation and disassembly of equipment and parts required.
· Operate clean room machines aseptically and efficiently (Kalix ointment tube filler, Chase-Logeman bottle filler)
· Prepare filter wetting solution and bubble point test Hydrophilic and Hydrophobic filters for manufacturing
· Prepare, weigh and package raw materials (powder) for contract sterilization
· Make Isopropyl Alcohol 70%, Veshpene and LpH as disinfectants used in Aseptic Manufacturing
· Must disinfect, deliver and stock gowning components to the gowning room
· Maintain aseptic gowning qualification
· Perform reconciliations of components, drug products, and associated materials as per defined procedures.
· Follow aseptic gowning procedures.
· Dispose of waste after filling process is finish: Weighing , recording and attaching data or records to Batch Record
· Set up/preparation/cleaning and autoclaving components used in aseptic manufacturing operations. (Some lifting required, up to 55-60 lbs.) Any object greater than 60 pounds, not to exceed 100 lbs. must require the use of a buddy system. This system requires two employees to lift the object. No employee can lift any object greater than 60 lbs. by themselves.
· Some Saturdays and Sunday (Overtime) will be required to work by the company based on the department’s schedule.
· Must assume any position required within the department for coverage.
· Cleaning and sanitization of the aseptic production areas, including filling room sanitization between runs.
· Must document sanitization activities in log books, forms etc. in a legible manner as per cGMP.
· Must be able to work until all cleaning activities are complete.
· Must be flexible in adapting to a work schedule that could change as a result in business direction.
Must coordinate with packaging dept. senior operators to ensure all production activities are performed and production demands are satisfied.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School or Associate’s Degree and equivalent job experience in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing.
· Ability to meet attendance standards. All full-time employees are required to work a 40 hour week. At times it may be necessary to work additional hours in order to get the required tasks accomplished to meet deadlines.
· Strong communication skills.
· The ability to manage multiple operations, simultaneously during routine duties.
We offer comprehensive best-practices for our clients and employees.
ProStaff Solutions strives to be the premier employment solutions provider to every community we serve.
Our mission is to bring the right people to the right job every time. Accomplishing this, we better people's lives and increase our customers and employees success.
Our Values :
Our Pledge of Integrity
Our name is the most important thing we own. To us, it is more than an identity. It is also how we act. It is both the foundation and the heart of our business.
Because our success depends on our personal integrity and honesty, we work hard. We also reward hard work. We believe great things happen when we listen to each other, and that is why our doors are always open. We also strive to strengthen our communities by example in leadership, and by donations of time and resources.
Order Filler - Full Time / Part Time
FULL TIME/PART TIME ORDER FILLERS NEEDED. WE ARE LOCATED ON THE NW SIDE OF CHICAGO. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE PICKING/PACKING/SHIPPING OPTICAL PRODUCTS. THIS POSITION REQUIRES REGULAR WALKING AND STANDING. GREAT JOB FOR COLLEGE OR HIGH SCHOOLS STUDENTS. HOURS ARE FLEXIBLE. NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED.
Warehouse Associate / Order Filler
Warehouse Associates/Order Fillers – Full Time Position
S.P. Richards, a national wholesale business products distributor, is currently seeking full time candidates to fill the position of Order Filler in our Salt Lake City, UT distribution center. The position requires you to pull items efficiently and accurately according to the customer’s order with prescribed picking quota’s using voice picking and RF scanning equipment. The position is an afternoon/night position. We will train the right, customer focused individual.
We offer a pay rate of: $12.55 plus .35 shift premium.
The standard work hours are: 1:00 pm to 9:30 pm or until the job is finished, Monday – Friday.
Must be functionally literate and capable of understanding and recognizing product numbers and line codes to insure proper retrieval of products for shipment, including identifying sequence of numbers and letters accurately and rapidly. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts
- The noise level in the environment is loud
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand walk use hands and fingers to handle, or feel reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance
- Occasional use of a forklift — certification is also required
- The employee is frequently required to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to move heavy product in excess of 1,000 pounds with moving aids designed to move such items including hand trucks, dollies, motorized cart, pallet jacks, etc.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Operational Access to PkMS – Menu DCAMENU50 Operational Access to vPack Voice Picking System.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hopper Filler Needed Immediately!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Hopper Filler consist of but are not limited to:
Transport bulk product by operating pallet jack
Position and load bulk product into hoppers and production equipment
Perform visual quality check to ensure bulk product is not defective or damaged and that it is the appropriate product for the specified production line.
Scan product tags to verify correct components and record product information.
Prioritize tasks to ensure hopper does not run empty.
Input data into the line menu computer program
Report any issue to Line Lead or Area/Team Lead
Maintain a clean and organized work area
Monitor and empty dust collection containers
Willingness to work as a team member and help out where needed to ensure maximum process efficiency.
Focus on detail of product
Willingness to work overtime when asked.
Maintain a positive and productive relationship with co-workers and others with whom the position may have contact.
Perform all other duties deemed necessary, or required by the Area/Team Lead.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge
Contributes to team effort by maintaining regular attendance, communicating regularly and professionally, accomplishing related results and performing all other necessary duties as directed by manager(s)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
One or more years experience working in a manufacturing environment
Understand verbal and written instructions
Basic Math skills, Addition & Subtraction
Strong attention to detail
Ability to work independently
Ability to work well with a wide variety of people
Basic computer skills
Continuously stand and walk
Occasionally bend/stoop, squat, twist, push/pull, kneel and crouch
Occasionally climb to a height of approximately 10ft.
Occasionally reach above shoulder level
Frequently carry/lift up to fifty (50) pounds
Frequently use hands for the repetitive actions of simple and firm grasping and fine manipulation
Frequently use his/her head and neck in flexing and rotating
Continuously be around moving machinery
Frequently be in dusty conditions and exposed to cleaning solvents, lubricants and chemicals
Bottling Company- Can Filler Operator II
The Can Filler Operator is a key leader of canning production operations at AZPack and ensures the MMBR is followed in all areas to produce the highest quality product. The Can Filler Operator strives for efficiency in all areas of the production line and demonstrates technical expertise on filler machines and the product, and ensures the brix, CO2, and other quality specs are in range and proper ends, cans, trays, etc. are used. The Filler Operator leads the canning line to adhere to production schedules, communicates problems to Supervisors and/or Leads, and brings ideas for improvement to the rest of the AZPack team. The Can Filler Operator II is competent in all basic operations of the filler machines, including but not limited to start up (pre-control) and shut down procedures (cutoffs), recipe changes, adjusting run rates, performing CIPs, and running the filler independently for both hot and cold fills.
At least 2 years of demonstrated success in machine operation in a manufacturing capacity and the ability to master a technical skill and learn quickly on the job.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in a safety culture, high speed packaging, food manufacturing, GMP, HACCP, and employee relations. Experience in TPM is a must.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated the ability to lead others to accomplish a goal and work together. This may or may not be in a dedicated manufacturing setting. The ideal candidate understands that the most valuable skill is making others most valuable through proper leadership and training.
The ideal candidate has experience with OSHA rules & regulations and observes all safety and security procedures. The candidate understands the importance of safety in a manufacturing setting and reports potentially unsafe conditions at the workplace on a consistent basis.
Marathon Staffing is ranked by The Phoenix Business Journal as one of the "Top 10" Employment Agencies in the valley and also earned a spot on the Inc 5000 list as one of the fastest growing private companies in America.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!