Film Casting Operator Job Description Sample
Casting And Booking Coordinator
Thin Film Coating / Optics Cleaning Technician
Film Tech - Entry Level
Polyethylene Technologist - Blown Film
Assistant Professor Of Film Production, Unlv College Of Fine Arts [R0118011]
Coordinator, Film Distribution (952)
Research Scientist, Graphics - Ml/Ray Casting (Phd)
Operations Leader – Die Casting
Provides leadership and oversight over manufacturing operations, maintenance and tooling/die services. Leads and facilitates initiatives that integrate lean manufacturing activities, utilization of continuous improvement tools, and quality management system activities throughout all operations. As a member of the Plant Operations leadership team, contributes to the establishment of guidelines and direction, strategic planning, and attainment of overall plant performance, safety, quality, and P/L goals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
(Listed in order of time-spent or importance). Includes the following, but not limited to:
1. Provides leadership and direction over Die Cast and Machine and Assembly Operations and other assigned work areas, ensuring systems and processes are in place to achieve or exceed key metrics/targets/goals in the areas of quality, productivity, costs, budgets, safety, and customer service.
2. Leads and manages the integration of lean manufacturing activities along with the use of continuous improvement tools throughout manufacturing operations. Focuses on direct cost reduction and waste reduction to meet or exceed budgeted cost targets.
3. Collaborates with other work areas to ensure new product launches are smoothly executed, on time, and within cost targets.
4. Leads quality management responsibilities within the operations team, including,
• ensuring quality objectives are set and attained;
• ensuring all quality initiatives and activities are effective in meeting or exceeding customer expectations;
• ensuring corrective and preventative actions are in place and followed when quality and non conformance issues arise.
• ensuring procedures, practices, and processes comply with quality management system procedures and standards, and provides training, as needed.
5. Maintains high visibility throughout all manufacturing areas being available to provide information, support, coordination and guidance as required.
6. Provides oversight of facility and equipment installation and maintenance.
7. Ensures all machinery and equipment in the facility, including modifications and upgrades, meet safety and operation standards.
8. Ensures plant operations are maintained in accordance with company safety policies and procedures, OSHA, other mandated government regulations.
9. Collaborates with internal work teams and external contacts to identify business needs, resolve problems and issues, and plan, develop, and implement changes, improvements, etc.
10. Contributes to and supports the existence of a positive work environment through personal involvement by communicating, interacting and behaving in a manner that promotes productive relationships with coworkers, supervisors, customers, and others with whom such relationships are important to the success of company operations.
11. Performs other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned.
12. Supports Company’s succession planning and talent development strategies by taking an active role in:
a) identifying successor candidates through recruitment and internal talent assessment
b) evaluating individual and team needs
c) creating development plans/goals
d) providing ongoing feedback and mentoring
13. Manages team member performance by ensuring each team member understands their job roles, responsibilities, and expectations and by regularly providing feedback on performance.
14. Maintains ongoing communications to inform team members of customer quality, product, delivery and team performance issues. Communicates company goals and strategies and how team and individual goals/performance fit into these goals/strategies.
15. Builds and maintains collaboration within team and between other teams in the company. Resolves conflicts between team members and with other teams.
QUALIFICATIONS – Education, Certifications, Training, Experience
• Minimum of 8 years of progressive work experience in areas of Production, Quality and Maintenance in a die cast manufacturing environment
• 5+ years supervision experience.
• Experience with lean manufacturing practices and continuous improvement tools.
• Experience in high-volume automotive manufacturing with machining and assembly.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferred) or Business Administration.
• 10+ years manufacturing experience.
• High Pressure Magnesium Die cast experience.
• Experience with large die cast tooling and machines (2000T-4000T)
• Advanced training and experience in lean manufacturing, quality management and continuous improvement.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. 8+ years of progressive work experience in areas of Production, Quality and Maintenance in a die cast manufacturing environment.
2. 5+ years supervision experience.
3. Experience with lean manufacturing practices and continuous improvement tools.
4. Experience in high-volume automotive manufacturing with machining and assembly.
Account Manager - Film & Sheet
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!