Final Inspector Truck Trailer Job Description Sample
Quality Final Inspector
The Quality Final Inspector is responsible for ensuring accurate procedures, drawings, specifications and acceptability of all finished products before shipping.
Duties and Responsibilities
Performs Final inspection of the part(s) top level drawing of modest complexity and scope. Standard assembly procedures and processes are involved, requiring primarily manual dexterity
Performs Final Presentation
Working Knowledge of First Article Inspection requirements per AS9102
Requires proficiency in the use of precision measuring instruments such as micrometers and comparators
Must be able to work from specifications, travelers, blueprints and written or verbal instructions
Responsible for completing all final inspection steps, including review of travelers, documentation including C of C, raw material certs, AS9102, process certs, ATP, etc.
Perform visual inspection of the products, verifying that all specified requirements have been met prior to shipping
Knowledge of all related Work Instructions (WI), Quality System Procedures (QSP), forms, AS9100 and Quality Management System (QMS)
Assignments may include specific assembly processes requiring training, i.e. use of test equipment, welding, soldering
Knowledge of Receiving Inspection and Machine Shop Inspection Process as required
Performs Final Inspection for Pratt & Whitney Canada, Sikorsky, Parker, MOOG and etc.
Knowledge of source delegate inspection
Must be able to review and understand Customer Contracts/Customer Purchase Orders
Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience
Minimum of two years mechanical/electrical inspection experience in the aerospace or related industry
Must be fluent in English
Must have a good verbal and written communication skills
High School diploma required
Works under minimal supervision
Knows how to use basic inspection tools, must have computer knowledge, ability to read and understand blueprints, government specifications
Must have a good working knowledge of Geometric Dimensional Tolerancing (GDT) and be proficient in reading blueprints
B-52, SR-71 Blackbird, Boeing 707, 737, 747, 777, 787, F-14, F-15, F-16, F-22, F-35, AH-64 Apache, Patriot Missile, and the F-117.
Our success comes from the significant responsibilities we give to our employees. We assign them important projects and empower them to develop innovative solutions. We firmly believe that people thrive when allowed to grow into their full potential.
First 1st shift position to be filled - hours: Mon-Fri 7 am to 3:30 pm.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Metalcraft Precision Inc. are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties
Pay commensurate with experience. (10-12$ per hour)
Medical, vision and dental benefits available after probationary period.
Light manufacturing facility that is clean and climate controlled.
Established company with stable work load and predictions of growth
High School diploma or GED required.
2-4 years experience doing Inspection in a Quality Department is preferred.
Metalcrafts quality manual is based on ISO-9001:2001 and we hope to move in ISO/AS 9001 in the near future.
Since our beginning we've proven to customers in a variety of industries that we can provide quality machined parts, crafted to specifications - on time and at economical costs. Today our 30,000 square-foot facility located in Elkhart Indiana boasts over 8 CNC machining centers: turning... vertical, horizontal and floor milling... and vertical turning. Our experienced estimating staff can provide the information you need for all your needs, and our engineers are available to assist with the development of your machined and fabricated designs. Our goal is to provide the assistance you need to solve the unique challenges you face with process, product or manufacturing applications.
The right people...the right equipment...and the right technology...that's what keeps Metalcraft on the leading edge of machining. Take a few minutes to explore our website and learn more about our capabilities. Then give us a call or send us an email to find out how we can serve your machining and fabrication needs efficiently and effectively.
Quality Control Inspector / Final Inspector
Experience / Qualifications
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Aerospace Industry. Experience with Sikorsky, Pratt & Whitney, Bell and Government Agencies would be a plus.
Must be fluent in blueprint reading and GD&T.
Must have a working knowledge of material and customer specifications, the ability to interpret requirements and the verification of the requirements. Experience with Flight Safety, ESA & VSE parts is a plus.
Must be proficient in gaging use, inspection methods and a good background in metrology.
CMM experience on Brown & Sharp CMMs with PC-DMIS and Brown & Sharp Validator CMM is preferred and would be a plus, but may not be required.
Must have sound computer skills and good organizational skills.
Must have good communication skills. A background in customer self-release programs would be a plus and is required for the Final Inspector position.
Daily in-process and final inspection of components and assemblies.
CMM operation as required.
Receiving of raw material and machined parts.
Set up of gaging to support manufacturing and calibration.
Developing and preparing inspection methods plans.
Preparing FAIs for OEM & USG source inspections.
Internal audit activities.
RCCA activities internally and externally.
- Competitive salary
- Medical including vision and prescriptions
- Dental Insurance
- Fully paid Life, AD&D, STD insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Simple IRA with company match
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick days
- Employee referral program
All Positions at Cambridge Specialty Company require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US Citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents (*green card holders*) and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Precision Metal Solutions
Depends on Experience
Manage quality standards and record quality results. Approve incoming material/in-process materials and finished products.
· At least 5 years of experience in metal fabrication/machining quality.
· Confirm incoming material/in-process material/finished product is as per specification by observation and measuring test.
· Return and reject material which is not good from incoming material, relay required adjustment to production supervisor for in-process material and return and re-confirm work on finished products which are not up to mark.
· Record inspection results and ensure equipment operate as per operating instructions and manage repairs.
· Be up to date with job knowledge by participating in education opportunities and reading technical publications.
High School Diploma
Final Assembly Inspector 3 - Active Secret Clearance
- High school diploma plus 5 years relevant inspection work experience.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
- Must be willing to work any shift, overtime or non-standard work schedule.
- Must be able to pass formal classroom training to include but not limited to hole drilling, sealing, countersinking, and fastener installation.
- Must be able to work around composites, epoxies, and sealants for long periods of time.
- Must be technically proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to include but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Must be able to perform moderately strenuous physical and repetitious work to include climbing, bending, crawling, stooping, and kneeling, lifting, working with arms overhead, leaning and laying.
- Must be able lift, grip, push, pull and hold 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work in and around confined spaces to include but not limited to fuel tanks and ducts.
- Must be able to certify for half and full face respirator.
- Must be able to push and pull own body weight to enter and exit confined spaces.
- Must have an active Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain and retain program access
- Willingness to work multiple shifts as needed
- Willing to work at multiple locations
- Experienced with MES and other computer based applications
- Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Possess good communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
2nd shift Quality Inspector
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and performs final inspection of parts.
- Plans and performs first article final inspections and updates.
- Compiles all inspection documentation required to accompany shipments.
- Initiates Material review when discrepancies are found.
- Maintains final inspection files.
- Suggests changes in procedures.
- Runs CMM Programs.
- Assists Set-up and In-process Inspection.
- Maintains filing supplies.
- Informs supervisor of gauging needs.
Other Duties and
- Keeps supervisor informed of known actions written or verbal, which may affect the ability to successfully perform assignments or adversely affect the Company operations.
- Provide other support whether apparent, required or needed.
Final Control Quality Inspector
Final Quality Control Inspector (FQC)
The Final Quality Control position will work with the FQC team and leadership inspecting product post-final assembly, they will inspect final product for quality conformance to specifications and escalate any concerns to FQC leadership team. This person will work with the Production Leads for work priorities and will communicate issues to Production and Quality Supervisors. The expectation is the FQC Inspector will have knowledge of job(s) status on the manufacturing floor and will work with the inspection team for correct recording of data, rework flow, and communication with Quality Supervisor.
Normal FQC inspector daily tasks and duties.
Verify QC process and all data collected was correct.
Coordinate with Production Team Leads to provide immediate feedback to production team of quality failures.
Verify Quality conformance on product after final assembly.
Lead will assist in projects for quality corrections and help with Continuous Improvement efforts.
Know the production priorities for jobs and help to assure the completion of production priority work.
Communicate inspection results with those responsible for the products to Quality and Production Supervisors.
Work with FQC team on quality conformance inspections.
Record and communicate inspection status to Production and Quality Leads/Supervisors.
Assure that any defects found are recorded in Epicor using correct Failure Code(s).
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Effective communication skills
• Strong production background preferred
• Good problem solving and ability to adjust to changes
• Possess basic math skills, as well as, good English and writing skills
• Attention to detail
• Have ability to read schematics and BOM’s for determination of inspection criteria
NESC has specialized divisions to support many varied staffing needs. We currently service, but are not limited to, the following industries: Healthcare, Nuclear, Petroleum, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Automotive, Defense, Electronics, Research and Development, Telecommunications, Facilities, Biotechnology, Petrochemical, Information Technology (IT), and many more.
Quality Assurance Final Inspector
DescriptionQuality Assurance Inspection position for Final/Receiving Inspection.
Powill Manufacturing has been in business since 1959 and would like to find out if you have what it takes to be on our team. We manufacture machined products using space-age alloys on the latest equipment. You can learn more atwww.powill.com
RequirementsMust have a minimum of five years aerospace experience, able to function in fast paced environment. Must possess ability to interpret blueprints, specifications, MOT's, and all related media for an aerospace manufacturing facility. Utilize micrometers, calipers, snap ring gages, comparators, operate profilometer and all surface plate inspection equipment. Familiarity with Honeywell specifications is required for this position and those without this knowledge will not be considered. Only qualified applicants with previous aerospace manufacturing and quality experience will be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color or national origin.
Final Quality Inspector
Experienced Final Quality Inspector needed for Downers Grove area manufacturer on 2nd Shift.
Anticipated Hours: M-F 2p-10p with OT possible.
This is a fulltime, contract to hire position offering excellent opportunity for permanent hire and career growth.
Performs incoming, in-process inspection and final inspection by performing the following duties:
Reads process drawings and blueprints to effectively qualify incoming and final products
Uses basic measuring and test equipment
Reads and interprets Control Plans
Reads and interprets Process Gauging
Performs disposition Millipore tests
Conducts in-coming and final inspection and updates applicable systems
Runs basic CMM and M&M programs and analyzes data
Understands AQL Levels and sampling plans
Responsible for conformity to product and shall stop production to correct quality problems.
--2+ years previous experience in a similar Quality Control position
--Experience with CMM and M&M programs
--Mechanical aptitude including basic measuring and testing skills
--Background/Drug Screen/EVerify required prior to hire
HOURLY RATE: $13-15.00 based on experience
Se Habla Espanol!
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED FROM OUTSIDE THE US, OR WITHOUT A CURRENT RESUME AND COMPLETED QUESTIONAIRE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Many more positions available. Visit www.metrostaffingservice.com to view all current openings.
Today we are known as Metro Staffing Service and are based in Columbus, OH. With 11 offices in 7 states, we are proud to have developed ongoing business relationships with some of the best employers in the business. And are even prouder to have put thousands of associates in careers they love.
We go beyond what's required to place a temporary or contract associate. We actually take the time to get to know the client, by listening, learning the business, and looking for proactive or creative ways to help. And we take the time to get to know our associates; their personalities, skills and long term career goals. These interactions allow us to provide the superior level of customer service we're known for.
Final Piece Inspector
REQUIREMENTS: 3 year of finishing experience Manipulating complex parts to match print and dimensional specifications Ensures that parts are not over or under finished Reads dimensional drawings and tolerances Finishes parts to acceptable standards insuring customer satisfaction Ensures that material surface area is not scratched or damaged and ends of tubes are square and free of burrs Ensures parts conform to tight tolerances Ensures all equipment is calibrated to proper specifications
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!