Financial Planner Job Description Sample
Strategic Retirement Partners (SRP) is seeking qualified financial planning/financial advisor candidates in its Northeast office (Providence, RI) to help clients save, invest and plan wisely. SRP is a retirement plan focused firm (401k, 403b, etc.) so this candidate will interface with existing retirement plan clients and their plan participants, in addition to existing wealth management clients and prospects. (Note: SRP's broker/dealer and RIA are Kestra, so this job may appear under the "Kestra" heading, but the job is with SRP in Rhode Island)
Expertise in portfolio construction and investment analytics, as well as planning and advice skills, presentation and client service skills. Securities licenses required (ex: Series 65, Series 7). CFP Certificate holders, and other advanced industry-specific educational achievements are a plus. College degree required.
Join a vibrant, growing team of professionals. This is not a commission-only sales position, and there is an existing client base to work with. Competitive benefits include 401(k) match, health insurance, vacation pay, etc. A great team environment.
Reach Your Peak with ICMA-RC, a FINANCIAL SERVICES LEADER in public sector employee retirement products and services. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our Financial Services corporation manages over $50 billion in retirement plan assets for more than one million participant accounts. We are constantly looking for ways to create new opportunities to serve our participants. We have an extraordinary talent base and invite you to consider joining ICMA-RC's Client Services Team.
Create, review, and deliver complex financial plans via telephone to participants across the nation. The financial planning process serves as a platform with which to deepen relationships with, and retain assets of, ICMA-RC high balance participants.
The goal is to establish ICMA-RC competitively as the sole necessary resource for financial planning guidance prior to and throughout a participant's retirement.
Essential functions for this role include:
Create financial plans using sophisticated planning software.
Have a strong understanding of financial planning products such as disability insurance policies, long term care insurance policies, the various types of life insurance policies, estate planning trusts and documents, the numerous types of retirement plans and education funding vehicles, and be able to coach participants on using the correct products to suit their needs.
Using highly effective presentation and personal communication skills, make complex financial planning concepts and reports understandable to participants.
Responsible for staying current on all ICMA-RC products and services as well as initiatives in the financial services industry.
Serve as a subject matter expert on financial planning for ICMA-RC, and conduct webinars/seminars for national conferences as needed (i.e., National Save for Retirement Week).
Create and deliver Social Security Analyzer reports for participants
RequirementsIf you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
BA/BS or equivalent experience; CFP required
5-7 years of experience; 5+ years of Financial Services experience with extensive client interaction. Some sales experience also required.
Thorough knowledge of 457, 401, 403b, IRA, annuity and other qualified retirement plans
Effective presentation skills
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships
Thorough knowledge of ICMA-RC products and services preferred
For your well-being, we offer a solid compensation and benefits package that features a competitive salary, a straight-forward incentive plan that rewards results, and a 401(k) Plan. For your career, we offer tuition reimbursement, professional development courses, seminars, career enrichment assignments, mentoring programs and a record of enterprise growth that creates continuing opportunities for career advancement. Consider ICMA-RC, and respond in strictest confidence. ICMA-RC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace. Minorities and women
The Financial Planner is an integral part of the organization. They will provide financial planning and relationship management to the firm’s clients. The Financial Planner is responsible for maintaining the ongoing relationships and aiding in the development of new client relationships. Duties include managing the delivery of the wealth management services to the client. This will involve interacting with clients on a daily basis and maintaining regular communication. Duties also include regular consultation with the client’s other advisors and the Keen Wealth team to analyze information, develop recommendations, implement recommendations, and monitor the financial plans of their clients. The Financial Planner provides customized financial advice to their clients and works with multiple others within the firm to deliver expert, comprehensive advice to their clients.
- Participate and conduct client meetings
- Prepare and implement financial planning recommendations
- Collaborate with other members of the team to best serve the client
- Maintain a relationship with the client base with the main focus on service and operations
- Manage client relationships with accuracy with the use of internal client relationship management software
- Monitor financial plans and communicate effectively with clients
- Review and update financial planning recommendations regularly
- Handle all communication with client base including calls, emails and meetings
- Attend client meetings and be responsible for all follow-up activities
- Assist in developing annual client review materials
- Attend all training and meeting scheduled for the operations and advisors teams.
- Establish and track client investment objectives including risk tolerance, asset allocation, and cash requirements
- Perform overlapping tasks between department areas as requested
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and consultative skills
- Excellent strategic thinking ability
- Excellent attitude and an extraordinary client service orientation
- Conscientious and a team player
- Genuinely interested in serving and caring for other people
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Results-driven with a burning desire to succeed
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and handle stress
- Ability to foster teamwork and motivate colleagues by example
- Client-centered focus
- Enthusiastic, positive energy
- Relevant educational background (Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration)
- 3 or more years of experience in the financial services industry
- Passing internal exams - profiles/dashboards
- Series 65 (or equivalent)
- CFP® certificate, or CPA preferred
- Experience as a financial planner and with presenting financial plans
- Microsoft Office Proficient
- Experience using a client relationship management system (such as Salesforce or Tamarac CRM)
- Experience utilizing financial planning software (such as eMoney or MoneyGuidePro)
The Center for Excellence in Higher Education (CEHE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. CEHE operates degree-granting career colleges throughout the western United States and online. The college brands include Stevens-Henager Colleges in Utah and Idaho; CollegeAmerica in Colorado, Arizona, and Wyoming; California College San Diego, and Independence University (online platform). All of the colleges are accredited by ACCSC, a national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The colleges offer degree programs from the Associate's level through the Master's level in a variety of disciplines including Computer Science, Graphic Arts, Business/Accounting, Medical Specialties, Nursing, and Healthcare. CEHE is an at-will employer.
The Financial Planner will support the company process for Title IV applications and seek additional funding options for students. This individual will also be responsible for collecting student information to verify financial awards under the direction of the Assistant Director of Financial Planners. Most importantly conduct phone interviews with prospective/enrolled students.
Continually study federal, state, and corporate rules of financial aid.
Assist potential students in determining educational funding options
Provide outstanding service and assistance to all prospective and current students
Produce accurate and organized student files
Process necessary funding and federal documents
Assist in answering financial aid questions for prospective, new, and current students
Expected to achieve packaging and quality goals
Interface with and support Admissions and Education departments.
Extremely high organization skills.
Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
Other duties as assigned
Associate's Degree preferred
Title IV experience preferred.
Prior financial aid experience preferred.
Applicant must be personable, have a high level of customer service, be detail oriented, ability to multitask, and dedicated to achieving quick results.
Able to work evenings and some weekends
Positive attitude is a must
No job hoppers (must not have more than three jobs within the past five years)
In order to perform this job, you must not be in default on any Federal Title IV student loans.
Measures of Merit:
- Packaged files, QA scores, and audit fail rates
This specification is intended to indicate management's designation of the position's essential functions, which include the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions given this title, and shall not be construed as declaring the entire description of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular positions. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing such duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. All positions, unless otherwise noted in an offer letter, are 40-hour a week positions, and regular and predictable job attendance is a requirement for all positions. Ability to competently perform all essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation; a demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery; and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or workgroup are basic requirements of all positions at CEHE. This job description is subject to change at any time.
We are People-Focused
- We respect the intelligence and potential of each staff member. We provide a working environment that permits freedom to think, speak, disagree, innovate, create, and initiate. We value and admire ambitious and productive people, and we protect them, encourage them, and create a climate in which they flourish. We love, recognize, and reward producers and performers. In return, we require our employees to have a strong work ethic and be productive. We recruit broadly and select the highest caliber people available - ambitious, knowledgeable, and talented managers, instructors, admissions consultants, and administrators.
Sound Values and Virtues
- The ethical conduct of our employees is of supreme importance. We hold the following as values and virtues: rationality, purpose, innovation, productiveness, profit, honesty, integrity, justice, and pride. These values are the core of our ethical code. To be ethical means to apply, to work by, and to live by these values and virtues.
- We are dedicated to helping our students graduate and get a much better job sooner. This is our mission. We pledge to provide the finest career education possible and to graduate satisfied students who have greater knowledge, skills, and self-esteem in the shortest possible time. Our education is high value, clear, and interesting and achieves the highest level of learning and achievement for students. We want to deliver twice as much in half the time.
CEHE is a drug-free environment and we perform drug testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- We are an equal opportunity employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation. We are constantly striving to make our colleges the best they can be. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect a commitment that you will be the best you can be.
I have reviewed the above job description, which sets out the essential job functions of my position, and certify that I can perform all the essential functions with or without an accommodation. If I need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of my job due to a physical or mental impairment, I agree to notify my manager immediately and agree to cooperate with the Company to identify reasonable accommodations that will allow me to perform the essential functions of my job in a satisfactory manner. I further agree to contact Human Resources if I am concerned that the interactive process or the offered accommodations do not adequately address my needs.
Handles all aspects of the financial planning process – gather, sort and analyze client-provided data; conduct financial planning research; use financial planning software to prepare forecasts and identify opportunities; provide written recommendations and implementation of accepted recommendations in partnership with the Wealth Advisors; and present all financial data to clients and attend client meetings.
Continually monitor and manage progress of plans, and conduct routine reviews and updates of clients financial plans.
Build and maintain existing client relationships; prospect for new business in the community and introduce them to Tompkins Financial Advisors; seek referrals by fostering relationships with centers of influence, existing clients, community involvement and other professional external client resources.
Assist company in attainment of profitability goals and corporate vision by developing and implementing strategies to increase the scope of services to existing and potential clients to expand share of wallet and grow overall business results.
In partnership with other members of the wealth management team, accountable to ensure that the Company's client experience standards for financial planning and client relationship development are met.
Attend CNY weekly sales meetings and frequently meet with wealth management team to identify opportunities.
Attend weekly TFA financial planning calls to ensure collaboration with overall financial planning team and consistency and adherence to client experience standards.
Community involvement duties to include attending a minimum of 8 charitable events per year, and being involved in one committee/board.
All other duties as assigned.
BS or BA degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 5 years' experience in a related role with demonstrated sales and business development experience.
Proven ability to uncover client personal goals and objectives to create a personalized and meaningful plan.
Effective written and verbal communication skills; acute attention to detail; exceptional presentation skills.
Demonstrated reporting skills; experience learning, assisting in mastering new systems and applications and the ability to train others.
Analytical minded to conduct research and draw conclusions.
FINRA 7, 63 & 66 licenses, CFP or CFA certifications desired.
Previous experience with financial planning software.
Knowledge in investments and portfolio management.
Requires the ability to lift 0-10 lbs on a frequent basis. Movement that may be required for a prolonged period of time, includes, but is not limited to: sitting, standing, bending, leaning, pushing, stretching reaching and typing as is common and typical in an office environment.
At COUNTRY Financial, our Financial Planner serves on a team providing centralized support for Wealth Management staff such as Wealth Services, Product Support, financial representatives, financial specialists, and insurance agents. Develops, consults and presents finding on comprehensive, integrated, multigenerational wealth management plans for clients and prospects. Duties including providing sophisticated estate and personal financial planning technical support for tools and strategies.
- This position is part of a job family. Placement will be determined by skills and qualifications of the candidate.
Analyzes individual and business financial needs, makes recommendations, and develops comprehensive and the more complex financial plans in the following areas: advanced estate planning, retirement planning, retirement distribution planning, asset allocation, investment portfolio analysis, education funding, survivor needs, disability needs, long-term care, debt management, legal issue identification, tax planning and business continuation. Meets with clients, prospects, financial representatives and financial specialists to conduct financial planning.
Provides support for financial planning tools and software used by Wealth Management and field staff, including financial representatives and financial specialists. Drives engagement, monitors, evaluates, promotes and enhances financial planning software and strategies used by home office and field personnel, including financial representatives. Conducts financial planning software testing, facilitates implementation and provides technical support for systems and software.
Monitors, evaluates and enhances financial planning software used by home office and field personnel, including financial representatives. Conducts financial planning software testing, facilitates implementation and provides technical support for systems and software.
Assists Wealth Management, Financial Specialists, financial representatives and others in addressing the more complex client and prospect questions, situations and potential solutions.
FINRA registrations, including 6/63.
Industry designations, such as CFP, ChFC, CLU, RICP.
Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of financial services/insurance industry experience OR,
Master's degree and at least 3 years of financial services/insurance industry experience OR,
At least 7 years of financial services/insurance industry experience
Normal office environment.
Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.
Financial Planner II
Function: Assumes a leadership role in the development of new business in the brokerage, employee benefit and fixed/variable insurance services as offered through the independent broker dealer. Provides functional guidance and training of less experienced officers, licensed assistants, and other bank personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Initiates contacts for developing and closing brokerage services accounts by calling on existing bank customers identified through the internal referral program. During the course of these customer meetings, the Financial Planner will need to explain the bank's brokerage services, discussing the advantages of proper planning, and obtaining the appropriate amount of information regarding the prospect to make sound financial recommendations.
2.Coach retail employees on the features and benefits brokerage services products provide to their customers. Provide employees with scripts or other means to assist them in directing referrals of existing bank customers to the Financial Planner.
3.Planning and coordinating outside business development opportunities such as seminars, mailings, and other special programs.
4.Maintains Series 7, Series 66 (or 63 and 65) and PA Life, Accident, and Health Insurance Licenses.
5.Manages and acts as a mentor for fully Licensed Sales Assistants working within the Brokerage Services area.
6.Cultivating and maintaining relationships with external referral sources such as accountants, attorneys, and social acquaintances.
7.Maintain the high quality of professional advice by completing industry mandated continuing education requirements as well as enrollment in the Certified Financial Planner or other comparable professional designation program.
8.Additionally identify prospects that would be better suited to use S&T Wealth Management Services.
9.Participates in community activities to enhance the image of the Bank.
10.Maintains a good working relationship with all bank employees. Demonstrates the ability to work independently. Works as a team player to contribute to the success of the department and in turn the organization.
11.Performs additional duties as required.
Operates a keypad device: 40% of the day; travels: 40% of the day. The primary parts of the body involved in performing these tasks are the fingers, thumbs, hands, wrists, and elbows.
Standing is required 10% of the day – branch training/meeting customer. Sitting is required 80% of the day – during sales presentations/customer meetings and preparing and research. Walking is required 10% of the day.
Routinely lifts 5 lbs., 2-3 times per day. Use of manual dexterity skills for typing and data entry up to 40% of the business day. Specific vision requirements include close vision of 18"-20" for computer work and travel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Financial Planner (Austin, TX)
Edelman Financial Engines were founded on the idea that everyone deserves clear financial advice and guidance. That hasn't changed since 1996. We provide objective, fee-based advice and asset management, with an aim to help our customers build a better financial future.
Edelman Financial Engines has more than 140 retail locations nationwide along with 4 corporate offices to serve our customers. With over 169 billion in assets, we are the nation's top registered investment advisor. If you are tired of sales goals that require you to start over year after year and desire to have your hard work and success be something you can build upon, then Edelman Financial Engines may be just the firm for you.
What is Edelman Financial Engines looking for?
We are actively recruiting a Financial Planner for our Austin location.
If you are an experienced advisor and have a proven track record of managing a growing business, let's talk. The Edelman Financial Engines Financial Planner provides independent, fee-based investment advice and wealth management services. We are constantly driving new ideas for our advisors to add value to their customers.
Our advisors turn prospects into clients by analyzing their needs, developing and presenting recommendations, and building effective relationships to help them achieve their goals. We are a fiduciary and do not accept incentives or commissions for the funds recommended.
Why is Edelman Financial Engines different?
Best in class marketing. We spend millions to generate meaningful, qualified leads for the advisors growing book of business – no prospecting!
Premier training including ongoing advisor education on topics our clients want to learn about
Talented Client Service Managers to provide operations and sales support in each location
State of the art retirement planning tools and software
Guaranteed base salary with premier benefits and employer matched 401k plan
An objective, conflict-free model centered around our valuable clients
What do you need to be successful at Edelman Financial Engines?
Client facing sales experience in a fee-based wealth management or planning role
Results driven mindset with a validated ability to close business
Ability to form relationships and turn prospects into clients
Must possess an active Series 65 or Series 7 & 66 licenses
Strong desire for performance-driven compensation and growing earnings potential
A Clean U-4
A Certified Financial Planner (CFP) certification is preferred but not required
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in best interest of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors – not just the wealthy – deserve access to personalized, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America's top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews and Barron's with 180+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by over 1.1 million clients to manage over $200 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated planner. Every client's situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
For more information, visit www.edelmanfinancialengines.com and www.financialengines.com.
©2018 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
 Ranking and status for 2017. For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/);
 The Top 40 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron's is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of twelfth.
Associate Financial Planner
Responsible for the collection, interpretation, analysis and input of complex financial client data. Works directly with external and internal clients, Financial Consultants, Private Wealth Advisors and other members of the Wealth Management Division.
Responsible for, but not limited to client data collection and input, data aggregation, analysis and preparation of client information for Financial Planners and preparation of client facing materials. Additionally, this position will continuously monitor clients' financial situations with detail and accuracy, periodically performing reviews to monitor progress, reevaluate and adjust plans and propose changes to the Financial Planners as needed.
Education / Experience♦ Four year degree, preferably in financial planning, business, finance or economics.
Skills and Abilities♦ Comprehensive computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
♦ The ability to quickly learn and become proficient with eMoney/WealthVision, Basecamp and LPL's resources.
♦ Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
♦ Proficient with technologies that support remote work environments including, but not limited to webinars, video conferencing and digitization of documents.
♦ Basic understanding of investment and financial planning strategies for High Net Worth clients
Wealth Strategist, Financial Planner (Cfp)
- Playing a key role on a client-facing team providing support to Wealth Advisors and Sales Relationship Managers and their clients with sophisticated financial planning, sales and white-glove client service. This includes meeting with clients to perform a fact find, gathering documents, preparing and presenting a financial plan, and following up to execute on the financial planning recommendations.
- Utilizing knowledge and experience in the areas of comprehensive estate planning, insurance & risk management, investments, retirement planning, tax planning, philanthropy, and educational planning to develop high-value holistic financial plans. Working to keep clients actively engaged in the planning process and to ensure an exceptional client experience. This would include connecting with clients regularly and taking every opportunity to add value to the relationship.
- Maintain a comprehensive list of financial planning action items that includes all current outstanding planning items for the client.
- Pitch prospective clients on the benefits of the CFO platform in collaboration with the Relationship Manager.
- Consistently and proactively follow up with clients to ensure timely execution of all planning strategies.
- Mastery of basic financial planning concepts as well as a growing knowledge of estate planning, asset allocation, and income tax planning concepts
- Intermediate computer skills including knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Stay up to date on regulatory matters impacting job duties.
- Time Management - Use of CRM and other systems to manage day through tasking, calendar, activities and adding client documents to their personal record.
- Conduct productive meetings with disciplined follow up.
- Persistent with fellow team members to complete any unfinished tasks prior to due date
- Good interpersonal skills are crucial to success. You must be good at communicating clearly with clients verbally and in writing
- Recognize opportunities to introduce other specialists to meet financial planning needs
- Notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in information and make a systematic comparison of two or more alternatives before acting.
- Recognizes when to escalate appropriate or specific situations to the next higher level of expertise
- Demonstrates eagerness to acquire necessary technical knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a client’s needs effectively
- Team oriented; demonstrates a service attitude.
- Take personal ownership for delivering superior results; Conscientious
- Dedicated to exceeding internal and external client expectations
- Present a positive demeanor with all clients (internal and external)
- Maintaining positive working relationships with client’s third party advisors.
- Show concern for quality, accuracy, and completeness of work activities.
- Embrace technology as a catalyst to improve processes & efficiencies
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!