Finisher Hand Job Description Sample
Finisher Hand Packaging
Job Description - High School Diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) is required. Equivalent knowledge and experience is preferred.
Ability to communicate both written and orally in the English language.
Mathematical skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume and distance.
Basic computer skills and knowledge of spreadsheet software and word processing programs.
Understand or learn the company-specialized Vision computer system and how to perform tasks within the Vision system.
Physical requirements include ability to bend and lift up to 50 lbs. (20 lbs. repetitively), stand up to 12 hours, ability to distinguish between colors, and good hand-eye coordination.
Demonstrate willingness to accept direction from supervisors, management, and peers.
Willing to work OT and weekends as scheduled.
Must be extremely trustworthy, flexible, and dependable with a good attendance history.
Self-motivated and able to perform with little direction.
Organized, detail-oriented, and able to accurately complete high volumes of work
Exceptional problem solving skills.
Requirements The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must regularly walk, stand for 8 - 12 hours a day, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and stoop or bend at the waist. Requires continuous lifting, twisting and/or reaching motion during an 8 - 12 hour shift, handling finished product (weighing up to 40 pounds) from waist level and placing them into corrugated containers or onto pallets from floor to waist height.. Twisting and bending will occasionally be required when assisting the operator in putting parts onto the machine during set-ups.. Working in an environment with paper dust suspended in the air. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
SVS Group currently has several full time openings for Hand Finishers in the Tempe area. We have 1st, 2nd, & 3rd shifts available. These positions are full time temp- hire opportunities for one of our clients in the Aerospace industry.
- Ability to polish, clean, break edges and produce a matte finish on precision machined parts made of a variety of materials to specified requirements and tolerances.
- Deburr and handfinish parts as required by specifications by using established procedures, machines and tooling.
- Ability to use a wide variety of basic deburr and hand finish tools, both electric and pneumatic such as (right angle grinder, die grinder, orbital sanders and Foredom handfinish tools and equipment).
- Frequently perform work and inspection of precision parts.
- Perform rework assignments as required
- Ensure all parts paperwork and documentation is completed properly
- Enter all data as required
- Inspect finished work to required specification
- Must have minimum of 3 years of hand finishing/ deburring experience in either the Aeropspace or Semiconductor industry
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and instructions.
* Background check and drug screen required.
Powder Coating Apprentice / Hand Finisher
Assist in prep work for sandblast of aircraft parts to receive Epoxy Resin Coating . Cross Train to hand finish Abrasive Strips that build Helicopter Blades .
Wood Finisher | Cabinet Finisher
Are you looking to learn a skilled trade? How about an exciting career as a Wood Finisher? Apply today if you enjoy working towards a beautiful finished product!
O’Keefe Inc. located in River Falls, WI is a leading manufacturer of Architectural Woodworking and Custom Cabinetry products serving the commercial construction industry.
We are looking for a Painter/Wood Finisher with little to no experience. Cabinet finishing experience or auto body finishing experience is a PLUS.
Hours are Monday – Friday 6:00am to 2:30pm. Some overtime is required depending on work load.
- Sanding cabinetry before painting and in between each coat
- Spray and hand finishing of wood products
- Various stain application techniques
To learn more about this rewarding career apply today!
Curb And Gutter Finisher
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participating Employer.
COMPENSATION: $19.00 to $30.00 Per Hour, DOE
HOW TO APPLY: Apply in person or by visiting http://www.rmecinc.com/employment-opportunities/ and completing an application with "Curb and Gutter Finisher" in the subject line. Emails received without this will be disqualified.
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS: Healthcare and Dental Options, Vision, Retirement Plan and Paid Time Off.
Smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete, such as floors, walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools. Align forms for sidewalks, curbs, or gutters; patch voids; and use saws to cut expansion joints.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Own, maintain and have in possession personal tools at all times. Tools shall include, but not be limited to: Magnesium Float, An assortment of Trowels from Long and Wide for wet concrete and Short and Narrow for hard concrete, Pair of Skates, Knee Pads, Mucking Boots, Sledge Hammer, Nail Pouches, Tape Measure, Hammer, and Pliers.
* Set the forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch and depth, and align them.
* Check the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed.
* Spread, level, and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float.
* Produce rough concrete surface, using broom.
* Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
* Clean chipped area, using wire brush, and feel and observe surface to determine if it is rough or uneven.
* Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete, and move chute to direct concrete on forms.
* Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete, and waterproof or restore surface.
* Operate power vibrator to compact concrete.
* Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete, using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, or hand tools.
* Cut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods, and position reinforcing rods to repair concrete, using power saw and drill.
* Waterproof or restore concrete surfaces, using appropriate compounds.
* Wet concrete surface, and rub with stone to smooth surface and obtain specified finish.
* Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth, using trowel.
* Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete or pattern or stamp the surface to provide a decorative finish.
* Build wooden molds, and clamp molds around area to be repaired, using hand tools.
* Polish surface, using polishing or surfacing machine.
* Apply muriatic acid to clean surface, and rinse with water.
* Sprinkle colored marble or stone chips, powdered steel, or coloring powder over surface to produce prescribed finish.
* Mix cement, sand, and water to produce concrete, grout, or slurry, using hoe, trowel, tamper, scraper, or concrete-mixing machine.
* Spread roofing paper on surface of foundation, and spread concrete onto roofing paper with trowel to form terrazzo base.
* Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process.
* High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
* Valid Driver's License
* Ability to pass a background investigation and drug screening
* Current (within five years of hire date (Federal OSHA 10-Hour Construction Certificate (or completion of the course prior to employment)
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Hard Hat, Eye and Ear Protection, Safety Vest, Gloves, Dust Mask or Respirator, Fall Protection Gear)
Outdoor with varying weather conditions.
We pride ourselves, as individuals and as a company, that we are very flexible and diversified. Our services are not limited to being a General Contractor, but we also have day to day operations that include over-lot grading, building excavation and backfill, sub grade prep for paving and hardscapes, over-excavation with the use of structural and/or moisture conditioning, main line water, sewer, and storm pipe, trenching, bedding and backfill for a wide range of the dry utilities. We also offer demolition of buildings, parking lots, streets, curb and gutter, underground utilities, and vegetation. RME also has a Concrete Division that is capable of footings and foundation walls, slab-on grade concrete floors, multi-level slab on grade pours, exterior flatwork, and curb and gutter. The Concrete Division has full-time project managers, estimators and field personnel that are 100% focused on the concrete aspect of construction.
IHI Ionbond Inc., has immediate opening for an experienced Metal Finisher to perform finishing operations on customer-owned tools/parts per drawings, specifications, & work orders using hand and air powered tools in priority sequence, to optimize quality, productivity and service to customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Essential Duties and
- Self-inspect work (pre/post) and strive for consistent quality within same-part work orders and between similar parts and materials.
- To operate low impact vibratory tools while de-burring, polishing, cleaning, removing sharp edges and chamfering machined parts based on priority or as assigned by Supervisor/Lead.
- Polishing metal components to provide a quality product that surpasses our customers’ expectations using various methods and techniques.
- Examines all tools for damage and/or defective coating, strip coatings and refinish and performs necessary re-work promptly and at minimum cost. Reports exceptions to standard procedures and expected results.
- Identify and correspond with Production Supervisor, Shift Lead, Machinists, and the QC department to improve final part quality and potential defects or non-conforming material.
- Uses problem solving skills in trying new techniques to de-burr/clean/polish otherwise inaccessible areas.
- Responsible for 5 S Program in working area and other plant areas where assigned or as apparent on a continuous basis.
- Works safely and complies with all established safety rules and work practices.
- Maintains a positive work attitude and promotes a "team" approach throughout the department.
- Strives for continuous improvement in the accomplishment of day-to-day responsibilities as an active, participating work team member.
- Must be capable of visually differentiating coating colors on coupons or parts.
- To occasionally perform special plant projects and perform other duties as assigned or as apparent.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Education and Experience:
- Trade school, or High school degree or equivalent (GED).
- 2 years minimum Lead de-burr/finish experience in a machine shop environment.
- Experience working with hand and power tools such as drills, sanders, and saws.
- Experience utilizing and following detailed work instructions, and reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-Motivated and able to be productive with minimal supervision.
- Possess a mature attitude, ability to learn quickly, excellent work ethic, and strong personal drive.
- Proficient in basic shop math
- Must be able to read, understand and follow oral and written work instructions.
- Must be able to read & interpret drawings/blue prints.
- Must be a team player and take direction well.
- Must be capable of working with and around hazardous materials (while using the proper protective equipment).
- Ability to use and read measuring devices, calipers, height gauges, micrometers, etc. as required.
- Willingness to work overtime to meet production timelines.
- Attention to detail.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lifting and carrying less than 10 lbs, finger manipulation, flexion/extension, rotation of head/neck, twisting at the waist, contact with metals, exposure to noise and atmospheric conditions, and use of personal safety gear for face/eye, hand/arm, ears and feet.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must have hand/eye coordination and dexterity with small parts and hand tools.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with constantly changing priorities.
Salary may vary depending on experience, plus shift premium.
Ionbond offers a generous benefits package including but not limited to; medical/dental and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, short term & long term disability, PTO, and 401(K) retirement plan with company match and much more.
For more information about Ionbond, please visit www.ionbond.com.
Metal Finisher ,1St Shift, 55443
Grinds out burrs and sharp edges, using hand tools and portable grinders.
Finish part to specification with hand tools portable grinders, Timesaver
Finish part to specification with hand tools portable grinders, Timesaver, and Straight Liner.
Strong understanding in blue print reading/ geometric tolerance interpretation.
Interprets drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine finish condition of work pieces, sequence of operations and set up requirements.
Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance (Lubricate) functions on equipment.
Observe machine operation to detect malfunction such as worn or damaged finishing tools.
The experienced team at Hire Authority, LLC has over 45 years of combined experience in the staffing business. Our business has been built by company referrals and word of mouth. We always take a hands-on approach to the constantly changing needs of manufacturing businesses. We are dedicated to matching the right candidate to the right position.
At Hire Authority, LLC, our mission is to assist employers in obtaining the highest quality employees, both economically and efficiently, by seeking accomplished individuals with a strong desire to succeed.
Our specialty is manufacturing, warehouse, and production such as welders, CNC/Manual Machinist, skilled assembly, etc. But we don't stop there! Here are a few other positions we fill:
*Engineer- Mechanical and Electrical
*Quality Managers/ Inspectors
At Hire Authority LLC. our positions are contract to hire or direct hire opportunities. While on our payroll we offer MEC (Minimum Essential Coverage) also a Health Helper that offers medical, dental, vision, and prescription discount program. We pay the monthly enrollment fee, every month- in order to receive this you must work 30 or more hours a week.
We look forward to hearing from you for your staffing and career needs!
Furniture Finisher with Wittrock Woodworking in Cincinnati, OH
Do you enjoy bringing wood products to life? Do you thrive on getting the quality of a wood finish exact? If so, we want to talk to you!
Wittrock Woodworking is an AWI Certified Company who has been in operation for over 50 years producing fine, hand-crafted woodwork for residential and commercial clients including hospitals, churches, restaurants, offices, stadiums, and court houses. The Woodworking industry knows Wittrock Woodworking for its work ethic, customer satisfaction, timeliness, and quality workmanship.
We are seeking an Furniture / Woodwork Finisher to join our team in our Cincinnati, OH location. The ideal candidate will apply finishes to our customer products. Responsibilities will include:
- Operating and maintaining various spray finish equipment.
- Applying stains and coatings by sprayer or hand as required.
- Formulating finishes as necessary including stains, water and oil-based formulas, and polyurethanes.
- Being able to color match and color mix as appropriate.
- Meeting high quality expectations for all products that leave our facility.
- Past woodworking experience.
- Experience finishing wood products.
- Ability to read blue prints, directions, or work orders.
This is an exciting opportunity with a growing manufacturing group. Come join us by applying online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls.
In 1972 Dave purchased the Portman Circular Stair Company which steered him into commercial architectural millwork, working with qualified Architects, Designers and Contractors. Throughout the years, WWC has allocated different properties and acquired many highly skilled employees to establish a much respected and renowned company.
Now in our second generation, we pride ourselves in maintaining the work ethic, customer satisfaction, timeliness, and quality workmanship instituted by this organization many years ago.
Wittrock Woodworking Inc. can handle any size project, and assist in design and detail to meet the customer’s request.
Primary job function is to smooth wet concrete after a concrete pour
Building wood and metal forms;
Erection and wrecking of all forms;
Setting and tying steel;
Assist in the set up and maintenance of erosion control;
Loading and unloading of materials;
Shoveling dirt, gravel, and asphalt;
Clean up around job site;
Check and maintain grade stakes;
Assist in the set up and maintenance of all traffic control aids;
Operate equipment such as backhoes, Skid Steer Loaders
Maintenance of all equipment and tools.
Work with a variety of hand (sledge & carpenter hammers), power tools (hand saws) and equipment (jack hammer) used in concrete work
Finishes wet surfaces to grade on all types of concrete work requiring a fine finish.
Will need to know how to use a float, trowel, screed, template, hand shovel, motorized tamp, push broom.
Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
Other duties as assigned
Seeking excellent career opportunities? Looking for stability and growth in a company? Riverside is the place for you! We are growing and looking for additional team members!
Join our company and have the opportunity to work in the aviation and high tech industries. Our overall company mission is to provide custom precision manufacturing and innovative services to medical, aviation, space and defense and emerging high tech industries. We offer our employees competitive wages and benefits and the opportunity to grow and advance their careers. Our work environment is clean with a focus on safety. Apply today!!!
Finisher (2nd Shift)
The purpose for this role is to perform various functions such as deburring, polishing, washing, assembling, bead blasting, and visualizing ensuring customer required finishes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position may participate in one or more of the following duties as directed by supervision or management.
- Be able to read and demonstrate a comprehension of a blueprint's dimensions, tolerances, as well as surface finish call outs required for parts.
- Operates pencil air grinder, pedestal deburring wheel, drill press, tumbler capable, 6” & 1” belt sander, sand & glass bead blaster, and microscope.
- Uses hand tools such as deburring knives chamfer tools, sheet sandpaper and files to finish parts.
- Be able to use a digital or dial caliper, mic 0-1”, gauge pins, thread gauges and the comparator/shadow graph.
- Dries objects.
- Examines cleaned objects to ensure conformance to standards.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
- High School diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years experience; preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Exceptional problem solving and decision making skills and the ability to think independently.
- Must pay attention to detail.
- Ability to read blueprints and use hand tools is a plus.
- Must be able to work in other areas on an as needed basis.
- Show initiative in work by being a self starter, suggesting new ideas for completing a job, giving input as to how to improve the efficiency of a job, and organizing work time in order to complete jobs in a timely matter.
- Personnel performing acceptance activities of product shall have natural or corrected near-vision acuity of 20/20 in at least one eye per Titmus screening or equivalent.
Want to speak to the recruiter about the position? Click or Copy/Paste this link into your browser: https://flashrecruit.com/u/385
This organization participates in E-Verify.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Women/Minorities/ProtectedVeterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Vision of Riverside is to be the world leader in Custom Precision Manufacturing. We will accomplish this by building and maintaining strong healthy partnerships, and by exceeding customer expectations of Quality, Service, Innovation and People. These core values will guide our staff and create a successful organization.
We will actively promote a solid environment in which community involvement, open communication, opportunities for growth, and mutual respect is realized.
Our employees take pride in their work by providing our customers quality product, service, and innovative solutions.
We are looking for motivated individuals who want a challenging employment opportunity!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!