Finisher Operator Job Description Sample
Metal Finisher / Deburr Operator
About Ellwood Machining and Welding
Located in Houston, Texas, Ellwood Machining and Welding is a precision machining and welding facility specializing in large products. We engage in drilling, rough milling, finish turning, and rough turning parts for oilfield, petrochemical, and energy generation industries. Covering 110,000 square feet of manufacturing space, EMW has invested in and maintains the newest, most technologically-advanced equipment available, designed to meet customers’ requirements for high-quality products, reliable due-date performance and world-class service.
EMW is family to a dynamically diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging assignments that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with our company. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. In short, if you are ready to make a difference every day, EMW is ready to talk to you.
About the Metal Finisher Position
The Metal Finisher is responsible for grinding weld bevels on component parts and removing excess weld. The qualified incumbent will operate all finishing/polishing equipment to prepare the product for shipment. Additional job responsibilities include:
- Operate all finishing equipment including polisher, grinders, and sanders
- Grinds, files, or sands surfaces of metal items using hand or power tools
- Examines surface of metal to detect defects, such as dents, scratches, or breaks in metal
- Smooths surface of item to specified finish, using handtools and powered tools
- May polish metal surface, using powered polishing wheel or belt
- Run press and grind
- Read routers and drawings to check product to order
- Perform minimum maintenance requirements to equipment, oil levels, clean ups, etc.
- Perform cycle counts
- Read and interpret work orders, templates, blueprints, or welding process specifications
- Sort parts, scrap metal, and other materials
- Responsible for complying with all applicable specification requirements
- Assist in keeping the Machine Shop area clean and orderly at all times
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience
- Candidate must have 7 or more years of experience in a metal finishing or deburr position
- Ability to setup and operate the marking machines and the proper procedures for phosphate parts
- Ability to segment parts at cutoff and perform deburr functions as required
- Knowledge of proper maintenance of machine, equipment and facilities and keep in proper condition
- Must meet or exceed standards for the finishing processes and make recommendations as required to improve the processes
- Able to read measuring equipment, routers, drawings, blueprints, work orders and technical specifications
- Basic math and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things
- Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes
- Physical strength and stamina, including the ability to stand on feet for the duration of the shift, use hands/fingers to touch, feel, grasp, maneuver, frequently twist, bend, squat, as well as repetitive lifting up to 60 lbs.
EMW employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
We support a drug-free workplace.
Our focus is to create an environment of opportunity. If you work hard and achieve results, you will grow your career. Our culture values diverse talents and contributions of all employees. Our commitment includes competitive compensation, support for your professional growth, and a range of employee benefits that help to protect the health and welfare of our people.
We are looking for the best and those not afraid to roll up their sleeves to grow with our organization -- personally and professionally. Interested in joining us but not sure where to start? Check out the Ellwood group of companies and different locations to find career opportunities that match your interests and talent.
Learn more about what makes Ellwood a great place to work!
Print Finisher Operator
Remedy Intelligent Staffing is seeking an entry level Print FinisherOperator for a client located on the East of Madison. We have openings on 2nd shift.
Location: East of Madison
- Loading papers into machine
- Stocking and Packaging
- Making boxes
- Inspect quality of papers
- Work in a team environment
Wood Finisher | Cabinet Finisher
Are you looking to learn a skilled trade? How about an exciting career as a Wood Finisher? Apply today if you enjoy working towards a beautiful finished product!
O’Keefe Inc. located in River Falls, WI is a leading manufacturer of Architectural Woodworking and Custom Cabinetry products serving the commercial construction industry.
We are looking for a Painter/Wood Finisher with little to no experience. Cabinet finishing experience or auto body finishing experience is a PLUS.
Hours are Monday – Friday 6:00am to 2:30pm. Some overtime is required depending on work load.
- Sanding cabinetry before painting and in between each coat
- Spray and hand finishing of wood products
- Various stain application techniques
To learn more about this rewarding career apply today!
Metal Finisher (Bc)
Qualified individual will grind and smooth metal parts to remove weld deformities and also finish surfaces to production specifications.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Must be personally responsible and committed to the quality of one's own work.
- Must be able to work above production standards.
- Must be able to use grinders or sanders to finish surfaces per production requirements. Metal finishes parts and/or assemblies prior to paint.
- Must be able to operate grinder in various positions including overhead work in a safe manner.
- Positions and secures work piece, using hoist, wire and banding machine, or hand tools.
- Corrects malformations in parts and hammers out bulges and bends in metal work pieces.
- Examines work piece for defects and measures work piece with straightedge or template to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Must be able to operate overhead crane or hoist to move parts.
- Insure accuracy in maintaining production records such as quantities and types produced. (Example: travelers, timecards). Must be able to check parts to Quality Control Documents.
- Must participate in all required training programs to maintain skill levels for continuous improvement. Must successfully complete training program.
- Must be able to maintain good housekeeping practices in the work area and comply with all safety rules and procedures.
- Must wear and maintain the required protective clothing and equipment including: safety glasses, steel toe safety shoes, and hearing protection, welding helmet, welding gloves, welding jackets.
- Must be able to comprehend blueprints and weld symbols and their application to the production part.
- Equipment Selection- Determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do the required job.
- Operation and Control- Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Quality Control Analysis- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Control Precision- The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness- The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Finger Dexterity- The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- Dynamic Flexibility- The ability to quickly and repeatedly bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Manual Dexterity- The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Trunk Strength- The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
- Near Vision- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Comprehension- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Problem Sensitivity- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Oral Expression- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Must be capable of occasional horizontal lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be capable of frequent horizontal lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be capable of occasional floor to waist lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be capable of occasional waist to crown lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for the duration of the shift. Work schedule may be over 8 hours a day.
- Must be capable of pushing/pulling up to 75 pounds.
- May be required to kneel, bend, crouch, forward bend stand in order to complete job assignment.
- Must be able to climb ladders or platforms.
- May be required to work overhead.
- Must be able to work during hot or cold temperatures. Summer time temperatures can reach or exceed 100 degrees.
Experience and Education
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Drywall Finisher / Taper
Preparing raw drywall surfaces for paint.
Work duties include - using hand tools to apply tape, corner bead, drywall compound and sanding.
Experience with automatic tools including boxes and bazooka would be helpful but is not required.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more.
Background check and Drug screening may be necessary.
Drywall - Drywall Finisher
Commercial Drywall Finisher
We are a Commercial Drywall Company looking for Experienced Drywall Finishers
We are looking for Drywall Finishers with experience finishing drywall in commercial applications. Drywall finishers must be able to provide a high quality product. Pay based on experience and capabilities
- *Must be able to use setting compounds (5 min and 20 min)
- *Patch Drywall (undetectable)
- *Professional and always on time
- * Experience in Texture is preferred
- *Use tapping tools
- *Knowledge of how to properly sand compounds
Job Type: Full-time
- Drywall Finishing: 4 years
- Orlando, FL
Temporary Concrete Finisher
Saxon Collaborative Construction is currently seeking part-time temporary concrete finishers as well as apprentice finishers to work as part-time employees. We will also consider working with independent contractors.
A concrete finisher or cement mason is knowledgeable in concrete placement, finishing, curing and cutting, based on the proper selection of equipment, materials and finishing sequence needed to deliver an acceptable end product.
Duties and Responsibilities
Participates in the Execution of Concrete Placement: Establishes finish grade during the pour of the slabs. Performs the concrete placement and finish to include placing, finishing, curing, and cutting of concrete slabs. Patching and repairing of concrete work, concrete restoration and concrete joint treatments. Applications of floor toppings. Ensures floor finishes meet project requirements consistent with FF/FL terminology. Proficient in the use of the following tools and has the knowledge to use the equipment at the proper time of the place-finishing sequence: straight edges to establish grade, bull floats, mops and Highway Straight Edges, float blades, combo blades, and finish blades. Hand tools for floor finishing, edging, and joint tooling. Single and double trowel machines. Curing, pump and vibratory equipment. Walk-behind trowels and double riders. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all tools and equipment required. Ensures proper maintenance of place/finish equipment and tools.
Work Environment: Work involves exposure to outside weather conditions and dirt, dust, fumes, and/or loud noises.
Ensures a Safe Work Environment
Participates in Training/Certifications
2+ years’ experience in concrete finishing
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch, balance, climb, crawl and pull
- Must have the ability to exert heavy physical effort, handing average weight objects up to 50 pounds
- Ability to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Must be on time & able to get to jobsite
- Must provide the basic tools needed
Must be allowed to work legally in the United States. Current work authorization cards accepted. Must have valid form of identification. While a driver’s license is not required, must have valid form of government issued identification.
Production Associate II
Searching for a motivated and dependable full-time Metal Finisher to join our team at the Washington area headquarters.
- Metal finishing techniques including high polishing, hot/cold patina, chrome plating
- Finishing with buffing/sanding machines, vibratory finishers,
- Assembly with hand, electric, and pneumatic tools
- Tig welding
- Painting booth (HVLP)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to Detail
Requires an applicant with at least one-year experience with metal finishing or foundry manufacturing background; additional welding experience preferred.
On-the-job-training, Paid lunch and breaks, Holidays, Sick/Personal days, Vacation, and Dental Insurance included.
Health Insurance is available (50/50 split premium)
We take great pride that all our quality products are Made in the USA by a committed team that strives for excellence.
Metal Finisher ,1St Shift, 55443
Grinds out burrs and sharp edges, using hand tools and portable grinders.
Finish part to specification with hand tools portable grinders, Timesaver
Finish part to specification with hand tools portable grinders, Timesaver, and Straight Liner.
Strong understanding in blue print reading/ geometric tolerance interpretation.
Interprets drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine finish condition of work pieces, sequence of operations and set up requirements.
Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance (Lubricate) functions on equipment.
Observe machine operation to detect malfunction such as worn or damaged finishing tools.
The experienced team at Hire Authority, LLC has over 45 years of combined experience in the staffing business. Our business has been built by company referrals and word of mouth. We always take a hands-on approach to the constantly changing needs of manufacturing businesses. We are dedicated to matching the right candidate to the right position.
At Hire Authority, LLC, our mission is to assist employers in obtaining the highest quality employees, both economically and efficiently, by seeking accomplished individuals with a strong desire to succeed.
Our specialty is manufacturing, warehouse, and production such as welders, CNC/Manual Machinist, skilled assembly, etc. But we don't stop there! Here are a few other positions we fill:
*Engineer- Mechanical and Electrical
*Quality Managers/ Inspectors
At Hire Authority LLC. our positions are contract to hire or direct hire opportunities. While on our payroll we offer MEC (Minimum Essential Coverage) also a Health Helper that offers medical, dental, vision, and prescription discount program. We pay the monthly enrollment fee, every month- in order to receive this you must work 30 or more hours a week.
We look forward to hearing from you for your staffing and career needs!
General Helper - Metal Finisher - Polisher
Summary – Stainless Steel and Aluminum Finishing Polisher will be responsible for finishing and polishing aluminum parts, equipment and hardware to high quality standards. Also required to perform other miscellaneous tasks, as assigned by his or her supervisor.
- Finish or polish SS AL parts using a variety of stationary and portable grinders, files, buffing wheels and sanders.
- Wear appropriate PPE including safety glasses, face shields, gloves, hardhat, dust masks etc.
- Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Frequent standing, bending, walking, kneeling, squatting and twisting
Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards
Assemble items as instructed by department supervisor
Keep work area clean and organized and take proper care of all equipment and facilities
Follow all company rules and policies
Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
Follow all safety rules and quality standards
Work with you department team to maximize productivity and efficiency
May have to prepare product for shipment
Lift materials, final products and items packed for shipment manually (up to 60 pounds) ask for assistance.
Uphold all OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities above
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Must be able to listen, read, write and communicate effectively
Must have basic mathematical skills
Experience working with aluminum
Ability to lift heavy items up to 60 pounds
Ability to identify and measure material
Ability to produce quality products consistently
Ability to follow instruction given both verbally and in written form
Willingness to learn and work to the best of his/her abilities as well as dependable work ethic
Ability to read and interpret documents furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality manuals and procedure manuals
Familiarity with metric system
Ability to perform simple shop math, covert decimals to fractional equivalents and fractions to decimal equivalents
Must be reliable with a strong work ethic
Willing to work 40 per week and must be flexible to work overtime to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!