Fire Warden Job Description Sample
Contractor - Lake Warden
Conservation Warden Supervisor
Oversee the operations and planning within the assigned geographical area. Ensure consistent application of all Department laws and policies for the Law Enforcement program. Serve as a member on the Regional Law Enforcement Management Team, Statewide Law Enforcement Team, and serve as liaison to other department functions and the local Service Center Team.
Special Notes: Appointment to a position in this classification is subject to: Successful completion of a background investigation; Currently certified as a law enforcement officer; Maintenance of those skills required to retain law enforcement credentials; Possession of valid driver's license that meets Risk Management standards throughout employment; must have 60 college credits from an accredited institution; DNR does not sponsor work visas, thus, in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify eligibility to work in the United States by completing the required I-9 form upon hire.
Shall live within one of the following options: a. Their assigned administrative area AND within Fifty (50) miles of their assigned workstation, or b. Fifty (50) miles of their assigned workstation AND within Five (5) miles of their administrative area boundary (if applicable) within this state, or c.
Fifteen (15) miles of their assigned headquarters city within this state. NOTE: Warden Supervisor positions require frequent day or overnight travel within the State of Wisconsin.
Minimally qualified applicants will have training, education and/or experience with the following:
Certification as a law enforcement officer by the Wisconsin Department of Justice or an equivalent state or federal agency & experience as a law enforcement officer with some duties related to basic arrest, search and seizure. Experience as a member of a team, group or committee charged with resolving conflict, negotiating consensus, or advocating a concept, program or change. Developing Partnerships and External Relationships Well qualified candidates will have training, education and/or experience with the following:
Experience as a full time, certified law enforcement officer whose primary duty was the enforcement of natural resources laws. Supervisory experience (e.g. training, performance evaluation, assigning duties, ensuring compliance, etc.) Lead a team, group or committee charged with resolving conflict, negotiating consensus, or advocating a concept, program or change. SDL2017
Fire Safety Coordinator
SOS SECURITY LLC
SOS Security has an immediate job opening for a Fire Safety Coordinator in the Sunrise, Florida location.
The ideal candidate for this newly created full-time opportunity will administer policies and procedures as they relate to fire safety programs.
- Assess compliance with local/state/federal fire/life safety codes and regulations.
- Assess/develop/revise fire and emergency evacuation plans. These plans shall including In-building relocation and area, partial evacuations and shelter in place.
- Manage the volunteer floor fire/emergency evacuation team to include:
- Develop and deliver on & off-the-job fire/non-fire emergency preparedness programs for the facilities’ general population.
- Schedule, implement and oversee all required fire/emergency action drills
- Ensure that local fire safety personnel have all equipment required for their duties, including fire warden vests, hats, flags and flashlights if required, and any other equipment required by local codes or procedures.
- Develop/revise Emergency Action Plans
- Conduct Fire Risk Assessments
- Assist with identification, investigation and correction of any fire safety hazards.
- Liaise with representatives from property management, real estate, local fire department(s) and regulatory agencies.
- Review the effectiveness of fire safety programs.
- Maintain a record of all assigned fire safety and emergency evacuation personnel, to include fire wardens and searchers.
- Knowledge of NFPA Standards & Local/State Codes
- Instructional/Training Abilities
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and ability to develop and deliver presentations
- May require after-hour and weekend work
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Basic knowledge of Class E Fire Alarm Systems
- Basic knowledge of Dry, Wet and Pre-Action Sprinkler Systems
- Significant walking and stair climbing abilities
Associates/Some College/Vocational Degree
Applicants should have a minimum of 10 years of experience.
Paid holidays, Vacation/paid time off, 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Tuition Assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group.
SOS Security is Headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, with regional and branch offices throughout the United States; SOS Security has become the benchmark for quality and professionalism in the field of security since our founding in 1969. We offer a broad range of services, including: Armed and Unarmed Security; Management & Consulting; Investigations; and Executive Protection.
Secure your future today by joining the SOS Security team Experienced security professionals looking to apply their knowledge in a rewarding team environment truly find a home at SOS. You will become an integral part of the relationship between our firm and our clients.
SOS Security is Headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, with regional and branch offices throughout the United States. We offer a broad range of services, including: Armed and Unarmed Security; Management & Consulting; Investigations; and Executive Protection.
We invite you to join our team and become an integral part of the relationship between our firm and our clients. You will work closely with our highly trained team of professionals who respect hard work and discipline and believe in compensating employees accordingly.
We encourage personal growth and look to promote from within. Many entry-level security officers join our team seeking a job and find a career. Our employee retention far exceeds industry norms as many of our employees have remained with SOS for over 10 years.
Secure your future today by joining the SOS Security team. Experienced security professionals looking to apply their knowledge in a rewarding team environment truly find a home at SOS.
Fire Alarm &Amp; Fire Sprinkler Inspector
Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other.
And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities. Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems.
Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment. What we offer:
Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan) + 401(k) Plan
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Paid Holidays Fire Alarm & Fire Sprinkler Inspector The Fire Alarm and Sprinkler Inspector’s duties include testing and inspection of fire alarm and fire sprinkler systems with knowledge of multiple manufacturers’ products. We have a need for a self-motivated, customer service oriented Inspectors with strong written and verbal communication skills.
The Inspector will provide accurate and detailed inspections reports with all proper documentation of improvements and complications. Job Responsibilities • Perform routine inspections, testing and services of life safety product lines• Handle low voltage wiring and corresponding devices for the operation of low voltage equipment• Responsible for operating with minimal supervision while performing fire protection inspections• Daily communications with Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements and general status of job• Work with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (Confirm that work is completed so it can be billed in full) Job Qualifications • NICET Level II or III preferred• Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes• Working knowledge of alarm panels, devices and critical components• Working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components• Willing to perform testing and maintenance• Able to complete documentation as necessary; proficient in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office, with or without reasonable accommodation • Willing to coordinate between inspection deficiencies and service required to correct found deficiencies• Prepared to read and write English clearly• Capability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public• Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance to Company policy• Willing to pass pre-employment drug screen, background and reference check All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Fire Alarm Sales Representative - Fire Alarm Estimator
Fire Alarm Sales Representative
Fire Alarm Estimator Fire Alarm Sales Representative
Fire Alarm Estimator
Fire Alarm Sales, Estimator, Construction Estimating, Electrical Estimating, Fire Protection industry, Detailed take-offs, Construction We have an outstanding career opportunity for a Fire Alarm Sales Representative or Fire Alarm Estimator to join our fast growing fire alarm department located in the Fargo, ND surrounding area. The successful candidate must have experience in the Fire Protection industry, but we are willing to train an individual with the appropriate Electrical background.
What You Will Be Doing Job Functions:
Business Development of fire alarm systems and related equipment.
Understand project descriptions, scope of work, as well as information needed for an accurate and detailed job file.
Create detailed take offs from plans and drawings.
Complete estimates and reports in a timely fashion.
Submit and track bids. Be included as the estimating point of contact with the customer throughout the bid cycle of the project.
Assistance to sales representatives and field technicians.
Conduct site surveys and pre-bid walk through as needed.
Generate drawings for pre and/or post sales projects in coordination with engineering.
What You Need for this Position
Familiarity with Building Codes and Fire Alarm standards.
Blueprint reading experience.
Circuit theory (Ohms Law, Voltage Drop, etc.)
Experienced MS Excel spreadsheet user.
MS Word, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat use.
CAD drawing experience.
Electrical or Construction estimating, or other trade estimating experience. What's In It for You We offer an area wide and industry wide competitive compensation and benefits package. So, if you are a Fire Alarm Sales Rep or Estimator with the needed experience, please apply today! Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Fire Alarm Sales Representative
- Fire Alarm Estimator* ND-FargoSE-firesls1403653
Fire Sprinkler And Fire Alarm Service Sales Rep
The Sales Rep must be experienced in the following within the fire sprinkler and fire alarm industry:
- Conduct the sales activities of the Service Department.
- Formulate and develop sales goals, plans and procedures for the service department. Once developed, the service salesperson is to implement sales strategies as set forth by the District Manager.
- Execute assigned sales activities.
- There is adequate attention paid to the attainment of profit objectives, especially as they come from management's goals and objectives.
- Sales strategies are adhered to.
- Competitive activities in the areas of pricing and customer service are observed to keep Cosco Fire Protection, Inc. competitive and profitable.
- New customers are sought out to expand Cosco's customer base.
- Ensure that all proposals and contracts are processed and that any information required to complete client billing is given to bookkeeping personnel on a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships through quotes, anticipating needs, resolving concerns and complaints and providing technical support.
- The level of customer service provided to the customer meets or exceeds company standards to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Three or more years of successful sales experience preferably with Fire Protection and Life Safety products and systems
- BA degree in business or related field.
- Exceptional presentation skills with demonstrated sales techniques
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage a Territory with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated leadership and proven negotiation skills and sales achievements.
- Self-motivated with dedicated client services focus and strong desire to succeed
- Ability to work well independently as well as be a team player
- Understanding of Codes as they apply to Fire Protection Life Safety Systems a plus
- Valid driver license
- Must successfully complete an employment background investigation and drug
Cosco provides excellent wages and company benefits to qualified applicants. For immediate consideration please complete the application process by clicking on the apply now button shown below.
Cosco Fire Protection, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all persons regardless of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, marital status, domestic-partner status, religious creed, medical/physical/mental condition, sexual orientation, Veteran status, or age. NOTE: A drug screen and criminal background check may be required for Cosco applicants
Fire And Safety Equipment Mechanic VII - West Lafayette - Fire And Safety Equipment
Receive training and assist in all phases of fire and safety equipment and alarm systems, maintenance and repair. Inspect, recharge and repair (fixed and portable) fire suppression equipment per recognized standards.
Install, replace and/or relocate fire suppression equipment per nationally recognized standards. Survey University facilities to determine proper locations for extinguishers, hoses, alarm devices and/or other equipment. Test, inspect and maintain fire alarm, security and supervisory systems.
Test, inspect and maintain fire doors, emergency door alarms, fire dampers, standpipe hose, etc. Overtime is necessary. May be required to carry a pager.
Subject to 24-hour call back.Required:High school diploma/GED.Two years experience with inspection, maintenance; and/or repair of fire and safety equipment; alarm systems and/or sprinkler systems.Ability to meet deadlines.Good organizational, written and verbal communication skills.Mechanical background working with electrical and hand tools.Ability to lift and carry 25 to 50 lbs. frequently, and up to 60 lbs. occasionally.A valid US or Canadian driver's license.Preferred:Knowledge of various types of fire extinguishers and their requirements for testing and/or recharging.Additional Information:Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.This posting represents two vacancies.A Background Check will be required for employment in this position.ALL applicants must apply via Purdue's on-line recruitment system. No other applications/resumes will be accepted.FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible for Overtime).Retirement Eligibility:
PERF/Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan.Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.VEVRAA Federal ContractorRequest Priority Protected Veteran ReferralsEOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO
Fire Protection Engineer / Fire And Explosion Investigator
Gexcon US is a leading engineering and consulting firm headquartered in Bergen, Norway with US offices in Bethesda, Maryland and Houston, Texas. Gexcon US provides Risk and Safety Studies using the industry-leading CFD software FLACS, as well as Accident Investigation, Failure Analysis and Prevention, R&D and Experimental Testing, and software sales and support.
Gexcon is currently seeking an Engineer / Senior Engineer to support the Accident Investigation team in our Bethesda, MD office. Major job responsibilities will include:
· Supporting the investigation and analysis of fires, explosions, carbon monoxide exposures, chemical releases, lighting strikes, and failures involving vehicles, heavy machinery, and industrial and residential gas fired equipment
o Reviewing and summarizing documents and depositions
o Learning FLACS and using it to test hypotheses
o Performing cause and origin analysis
o Planning and executing experimental test programs
o Performing accident site inspections, traveling as required
o Writing technical reports
o Verbally interacting and presenting findings to clients
o Supporting Gexcon US marketing and business development efforts
Desired qualifications for the Engineer position:
· B.S. degree (M.S. preferred) in Fire Protection, Mechanical, Chemical, or Aerospace Engineering. Relevant business experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement
· Strong technical background in fire science, combustion, thermodynamics, heat transfer, and fluid dynamics
· CFD experience is a plus (FLACS, FDS, Fluent, Star-CCM, OpenFOAM etc.)
· Experience with Linux, Matlab, and Microsoft Excel
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and a self-starter
· Ability to work under critical time deadlines and prioritize while exercising discretion, diplomacy, and good judgment
· Ability to take ownership of projects and multi-task
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships
· Ability to interact with consultants and staff at all levels as well as with clients and business contacts
Additional desired qualifications for the Senior Engineer position:
· B.S. degree (M.S. and Ph.D. preferred) in Fire Protection, Mechanical, Chemical, or Aerospace Engineering
· Five years desired experience in fire investigation
· Registers Professional Engineer (PE) and/or Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI)
GexCon US offers a comprehensive benefit package including Health/Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation and Sick Leave, Holiday Pay, 401k savings, Disability Insurances, and more.
Fire Fighter Paramedic- Tribal Fire Station 1
Suppresses fires, preserves life and property from the elements of disaster and renders medical care to sick and injured
Job Duties and
(Note: Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at the sole discretion of Sycuan Management at any time)
Participates in fire company activities including fire suppression, rescue, public assistance, fire investigation, fire prevention, pre-fire planning, fire company training, public education, and routine maintenance of apparatus, equipment and fire department facilities
Performs rescues, fire suppression, ventilation, salvage and overhaul, medical aid and any other duties related to the preservation of life and property
Maintains basic knowledge of the duties of other personnel in the station
Performs duties of Acting Officer-In Charge when directed and if qualified
Maintains up-to-date knowledge in data and information necessary to perform duties
- Inspects and tests ambulance equipment
- Completes appropriate medical reports
Maintains currency of all necessary certifications as required
Provides patient care and transportation of patients to appropriate medical facilities as needed
- Performs other duties as directed by the Fire Captain
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- State of California Paramedic license in good standing
- Succeesful completion of standard CWH firefighter written test
- San Diego County Paramedic accreditation in good standing
- Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) Certificate in good standing
- CA Driver's License in good standing
- California Ambulance Driver's Certificate
- BLS CPR and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Cards
- Medical Examiners Certification
- Hazmat FRO
- 1 year paramedic experience
- Firefighter exempt Ca Drivers License in good standing
- State Firefighter I Certification
- Firefighter experience
- Successful completion of Sycuan's Fire Academy
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to pass annual BIA Pack Test to include donning a 45 pound hose pack (or equivalent) and walking a total of three (3) miles in 45 minutes or less
- Ability to effectively communicate with department personnel
- Ability to execute operational and procedural changes
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks and assignments
- Ability to complete forms, documents and written reports
- Ability to maintain professionalism and composure
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to make sound judgments
- Ability to understand and follow verbal directives and written directions
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Working knowledge of word processing programs
- Excellent organizational skills
Ability to show up to work on time
Estimator Project Manager TI Fire Sprinkler & Fire Alarm
Join the Winning Team! Let us help you develop your career and achieve your goals.
We offer competitive salary, incentive plan, retirement plan, benefit package, 401k, laptop, iPhone, vehicle allowance & gas card.
We currently have an opportunities available for fire sprinkler and alarm estimators, project managers.
Minimum 3 years experience, knowledge of NFPA. CAD & NICET Certification is a plus.
Candidates must possesses a solid understanding of design and utilize these skills in the development of fire sprinkler & fire alarm layouts and systems, to provide support to Sales Department.
Experienced candidates must be thoroughly familiar with fire protection design, layout, hydraulics, survey work & stock listing to include water, pumps, standpipes, foam and gas delivery systems. The above is intended to give a brief description of duties and is not inclusive of all.
Our priority is to understand your needs and to respond quickly and efficiently to those needs.
Our continued success is due largely to a resourceful team of project managers, design engineers and technicians. Each member of our staff considers themselves an extension of your team.
Although we are headquartered in Orange County, California, we work throughout the U.S. and beyond.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!