Firearms Assembly Supervisor Job Description Sample
2Nd Shift Final Assembly Production Supervisor
Why Join Altec?
If youre considering a career with Altec, Inc., theres never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength.
Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. Thats why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and thats why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work Safer and Smarter. Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altecs values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values (in alphabetical order): Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
Altec Roanoke specializes in the manufacture and final assembly of aerial devices, cranes and digger derricks.
The Altec team is committed to safety. A supervisor is responsible for strengthening the safety culture through striving for an injury-free workplace, encouraging the reporting of safety risks, and supporting our efforts of continuous improvement with regard to safety.
Manage the staffing process, such as scheduling and hiring to ensure levels are sufficient; hold associates accountable for work quality and performance and manages this performance by developing and communicating excellent standards of production and service
Direct the compliance of staff with administrative policies and procedures; Direct training programs to ensure understanding and compliance
Perform all associate production paperwork: Kronos time management, attendance and overtime
Facilitate and assist in problem solving and scheduling with plant associates, engineering, sales, and materials to ensure quality products meet customer delivery schedules.
Estimate hours on jobs for customer bids and revisions
Schedule job assignments and production
Conduct pre-production and pre-paint reviews with customers as needed
Maintain work order hours and quality and delivery records
Interface with materials to determine availability of parts
Monitor and recommend repairs to facility and equipment
All other duties as assigned
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Bachelors Degree required, or
High School Diploma or GED required and
Two years supervisory experience at another manufacturing operation (other than Altec) required, or
Two years manufacturing experience AND two years Altec Group Leader experience required, or
Five years experience in Altec manufacturing
General PC skills required
Ability to read and interpret blueprint schematics required
Excellent communication skills required
Current valid Drivers License
Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
The level of the job may be adjusted within the job series to reflect the experience level of the candidate.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
Assembly Supervisor - First Shift
Oversee the performance of a group of more than 20 people performing assembly operations, primarily doors for all-steel cabs which have a large number of very light, light or average weight parts, by performing a wide variety of fitting, assembly and alignment procedures. Assign work. Perform any variety of operations within group to maintain workflow. Has full departmental authority in manager’s absence.
Essential Job Functions:
Follow all safety procedures and always work in a safe manner.
Assign work according to the production schedule, and as directed by the Department Manager.
Establish and direct the sequence of production operations, with direction from the Department Manager.
Ensure that production equipment is in good repair.
Communicate with other internal departments to maintain production flow.
Expedite incoming components, stack/store the completed subassemblies.
Act as a resource for management, providing information related to the nightly production runs, shipping, manpower, etc.
Provide supervision and training as required to develop the skills of employees.
Be responsible for all departmental safety including new employee training and retraining, the wearing of required personal protective equipment, accident/ incident investigation and reporting, physical hazard inspections, maintenance of safety devices/equipment, and recommending rotating members for the safety committee.
Develop Continuous Improvement initiatives to improve the skills and efficiency and value of the group.
strong>Education: Associate Degree or 8 years of related experience.
Experience: 8 years experience as a Department Supervisor in a manufacturing setting.
Must be able to effectively communicate project statuses, goals, and objectives with the workforce and management.
Work under minimal supervision and be responsible for interviews, select employees; train; plan, schedule, and assign work; evaluate performance; and communicate disciplinary action with the guidance of the HR Manager.
Equipment to be used: Standard office equipment, hand tools, hand power tools, fork truck.Should be very versatile in the use of Microsoft Office, comfortable using spreadsheets.
Physical Demands: Standing, bending and reaching. Must wear earplugs, safety glasses and steel toe shoes. Manual dexterity required to operate equipment. Normal range of vision and hearing.
Salary: $55,000 to $65,000 USD.
Mental Demands: Ability to analyze and understand many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the organization as it relates to the objectives of the production schedule. Must be creative and handle diverse issues almost daily. Conflict resolution. Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, strong attention span, ability to listen and perceive underlying problems and bring issues to successful conclusion.
Working Conditions: Occasional overtime or odd hours. Factory setting.
This exciting opportunity exists for a driven, passionate individual seeking to grow their professional business acumen and competencies in a rapidly growing, vibrant manufacturing company in central Massachusetts. Based on successfully executing on our growth strategy, Curtis Industries, LLC is experiencing extraordinary growth in our business. We are ISO 9001:2015 certified and looking to stretch beyond the requirements of the standard to use elements of our QMS as a competitive advantage.
Please provide your salary requirements with your submission. Submissions without salary requirements cannot be considered.
EOE/ADA/Drug Free Employer. No phone calls please.
Supervisor - Electrical / Assembly Department
Control Panel- Machine Wiring- Mechanical Assembly Experience Required!
Supervises electrical and mechanical assembly departments requiring a high degree of skill and a comprehensive knowledge of processes involved in control panel and machine wiring. Under management guidance, schedules work, reviews drawings and bills of material for accuracy, assists with employee selection, review employee performance, administer work rules. Responsible for managing department productivity and work quality.
- Scheduling and allocation of work based on resource availability, skill level required, delivery dates and production control demand.
- Monitor departments output to ensure sub-assemblies and machines are produced within print tolerances and specifications.
- Ensuring that engineering change notices are reviewed and implemented.
- Working with the engineering department to refine drawings and ensure that wiring diagrams, schematics, and BOM’s are accurate.
- Continuous process improvement.
- Directly supervises unionized direct labor employees, policies and union contract provisions.
- Working with vendors to ensure parts are form, fit, and function to our prints.
- Responsible for daily labor reporting of employees, completing route steps, and other various tasks using Microsoft AX
- Interacting with the Production Control, Engineering, Assembly, and Calibration departments to ensure on time delivery
- Ensuring a safe work environment is maintained
- High School Graduate w/Technical Degree or Associate’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred
- 7+ years of supervisory experience
- 5+ years of hands on control panel and/or machine wiring experience.
- Basic understanding of mechanics, i.e. bearings, bearing journals, machined finishes, tapped holes.
- Basic mechanical or machine maintenance experience
- Experience using Microsoft AX and Office Suite a plus
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
For more information visit www.tiniusolsen.com
Electrical Assembly Supervisor
Electrical Assembly Supervisor
OPEX Corporation is currently looking for a full time Electrical Assembly Supervisor to work at our World Headquarters in Moorestown, NJ. If you are a communicative, diligent, punctual and detail oriented proven leader then OPEX may be the right place for you to pursue your career.
Supervises electrical assembly department; which requires a high degree of skill and knowledge of processes involved with assembling wire harnesses and other electronic assemblies.
Assist with employee selection, review employee performance, administer company rules.
Responsible for managing department productivity and work quality.
Experience working electro-mechanical machinery
Planning and scheduling work using an Oracle ERP system. Scheduling based on resource availability, skill level required, delivery dates and production control demand.
Responsible for reading schematics in order to check equipment
Other responsibilities as assigned
Associate’s Degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
2-4 years’ Supervisory experience
Electrical Assembly / Electronic Tech experience
Worker will be working in a warehouse environment
Ability to maneuver a job site, including small spaces in around our equipment
Sitting and standing for an extended period of time
Worker must be able to lift 50 pounds
Squatting, bending, kneeling, reaching overhead, reaching forward will occur while on the job
OPEX Corporation is a recognized global technology leader in high-speed mailroom automation, document imaging, and warehouse automation. Since 1973, OPEX systems have provided performance enhancing workflow solutions and cost-effective results to thousands of organizations around the world.
From its humble beginnings in a leased warehouse in southern New Jersey, OPEX’s global workforce currently has over 900+ employees. OPEX’s Moorestown, New Jersey
World Headquarters features more than 475,000 square feet of engineering, manufacturing, warehouse, product assembly and office space. OPEX offices are also located in the U.K., France, Germany and Australia.
- Full medical, dental and vision with low employee contribution rates
- Paid holidays, vacation and personal days
- 401k with matching and profit sharing
- Basic life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site Company Gym
OPEX Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and protected veteran status.
- Identifying and resolving issues that prevent team members from achieving machine rates
- Coaching team members to use proper ergonomic methods on the machines.
- Communicating with support staff and management on issues, shortages and downtime seen throughout the shift.
- Scheduling people and making assignments to accomplish the daily schedule
- Writing and giving employee performance reviews in a timely manner
- Sequencing production orders and ensuring we meet customer requirements
- Maintaining production of quality product that meets customer standards
- Maintaining the area and equipment to provide the team with an organized workplace and proper tools
- Support overtime as needed
Royal is a diverse manufacturer of injection molding, urethane foam and assemblies. We serve the automotive, furniture, and consumer products industries.
We offer great benefits including:
- No Sunday work
- Quarterly bonuses based on profitability
- Ownership in the company through our ESOP plan (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Outstanding health, dental, and vision insurance
- Wage increases every 6 months
Assembly Line Leaders - Production Supervisor
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
Direct and train all production line personnel
Proper communication of supervisor expectations to line personnel
Responsible for making sure IOS, Assembly Instructions and Filling Instructions are available prior production runs and work with Engineering department in case of inaccuracies or line structure updates.
Ensure proper reliability reporting as well as work order closure and component backflush verification.
Identify product quality problems and initiate corrective action
Coordinate changeover process and verify all components staged on line
Participates in line changeovers
Coordinate components for line
Maintain cleaning supply inventory for designated area; Assist line crew with cleaning
Provide assistance running through breaks and lunches
Destage the line when changing over
Notify supervisor of any problems that might or do result in “Hold" material
Identify, analyze, and correct production rate barriers
Spotting defects and inconsistencies in groups of items
Follow Safety/GMP guidelines
Ensure quality checks and sheets are completed
Verify can, carton/can code for batch record as applicable
Complete or assist in the completion of control charts for fill weights, concentrate and perfume for batch records
Handle batch change paperwork while still running the line
Normal position responsibilities as a line operator
Does not have authority to hire, fire, or issue discipline
Performs assigned preventative maintenance
Other duties as assigned
Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal
Ability to read, write, and speak English competently, and speak Spanish fluently
Customer focused; Must be flexible in dealing with others in the organization, and with work assignments/projects
Must be capable of both creative thought and deductive reasoning
Strong Leadership abilities
Self-motivated; Ability to work independent of supervision
Ability to run all machines on the line and perform all checks on the line
Ability to stand and move as needed to perform job duties for length of shift.
Ability to use basic hand tools
Please read the job description, if you do not fit the requirements please do not apply.
Position: Assembly Supervisor
Rohnert Park, CA
Duration: Full-time, Permanent
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the Assembly Supervisor directs a team of assembly leads, assemblers, and technicians responsible for the efficient conversion of raw materials into finished product, while ensuring quality, safety, production, and customer requirements are satisfied.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Directs Assembly team, verifying all assemblies meet quality standards, customer and other internal requirements, and operations conform to documented processes.
• Responsible for increasing the overall level of skill and process maturity to continuously improve quality and performance.
• Assists Assembly team with reading, understanding and following assembly documentation including assembly drawings, work instructions, routers, and lot verification information.
• Coordinates with planning to prioritize daily work load based on delivery commitments, economic lot sizing, and optimal workflow.
• Positions resources and materials to optimize workflow and the organization of resources to support efficient builds. Minimizes work-in-process to reduce batch related inefficiencies and errors.
• Responsible for training and compliance to training requirements. Coordinates Assembly team activities to optimize assembler expertise in order to meet production requirements.
• Manages movement of orders onto production floor and back to stock including work order paperwork and other documentation.
• Reviews documentation and provides feedback to the Manufacturing Engineering team based on production feedback for possible change approvals.
• Sets-up, maintains, trains, and operates production equipment including Cirris test machines, cable coil equipment, laser stripping, Schleuniger cutting machines, crimp tooling, label makers, and other equipment. Ensures equipment is within calibration.
• Leads troubleshooting and root cause analysis of defective products. Works with Quality Assurance staff to ensure compliance to process, good documentation practice, and product quality requirements.
• Monitors and contributes improvement ideas for key parameter inputs to Assembly processes including 1st pass yield, work order efficiency, and scrap/rework amounts.
• Develops KPIs to define, measure, analyze, improve, and control processes.
• Enforces all safety procedures for entire team including the use of safety glasses, regular stretching, and 5S. Initiates appropriate corrective action when necessary.
• Maintains a clean, safe, and well-organized work area.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or G.E.D equivalent required; Bachelor degree preferred
• Five (5) years of working on a manufacturing floor and two (2) years experience supervising a production
team in a dynamic environment
• Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
• Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and work flow
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Murray Resources is in search of a Assembly Supervisor.
Location: Houston, NW
This person will be reporting to Production Manager for Houston operations.
Position will mainly entail, but not be limited to the following tasks:
Supervise the loader assembly and shipping functions
Supervise operators performing material handling, assembly and shipping functions
Lead department ensuring production schedules & communicate with operations office personnel
Receive data from vendors of raw material and from operations on production plan
Confirm daily reports on production and quality
Follow up with office for discrepancy if any or additional information
Ensure monthly reconciliation of loader line and shipping material and related production documents.
Create and maintain daily activity log loader production
Maintain daily check list on loader line and shipping line quality
Coordinate with operations and subordinates for problem resolution
Support to other operation sections during month as needed including scheduled overtime
Inventory control and cycle counts for loader line materials
Maintain a clean working environment
Drive continuous improvement initiatives (5S, operational efficiency, FIFO, etc)
Ensure daily audits of equipment are being done and issues found are resolved in a timely manner
Be a backup, when needed, to other supervisors
Excellent communication skills to converse with employees, upper management, dealers and vendors in person and via phone and email.
Ability to read, to write, and to speak English language fluently. (Spanish is a plus)
Minimum 5-7 years of experience in supervision
Excellent problem resolution skills.
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word Programs, (i.e.
Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook). SAP experience preferred
Ability to multitask in a fast-paced distribution environment.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Must be able to lift and hold up to 50lbs unassisted.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
The employee is repeatedly required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl for long periods of the day.
Experience in the following elements desired:
Experience of working in warehousing
Must have 5 years minimum experience working in a manufacturing environment
Supervise packaging, assembly, material handlers and QA departments in a growing/changing warehouse environment. Plan and assign work tasks and responsibilities. Implement, modify and develop policies and procedures. Recommend and implement change to improve packaging/assembly/warehouse conditions, efficiency, and overall performance. Typical staff size ranges from 20-40 employees with seasonal increases. Oversee 1st shift employees, with dotted-line responsibility for seasonally adjusted 2nd shift employees.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
· Effectively communicate with 2NL buyer/planner and 2NL shipping personnel to meet the expectations of Fiberon’s customers through attainment of assembly/packaging schedules
· Build and ensure effective employee relations, building team unity, providing coaching and member development
· Assist in employment decisions. Assist with all HR issues working through employee issues, following proper management and HR department protocols
· Balance safety, quality and productivity goals to meet customer expectations
· Lead by example to initiate change
· Contribute to continuous improvement projects within the assembly and warehouse operations
· Assist with updating standard operating procedures and work instructions
· Assist with achieving daily assembly expectations and accurately reporting result
· Assist with achieving inventory accuracy expectations through proper transactions and accountability for assigned areas
· Participate in and actively support facility safety systems
· Understand and utilize the Quality Assurance system
· Provide leadership and manage department priorities
· Improve working conditions (safety, quality, productivity, cost)
· Train and build subordinates’ knowledge, skills and capabilities
· Other duties may be assigned
· Associates Degree; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· 3-5 years warehouse and/or manufacturing experience; advanced lean manufacturing experience a plus
· ERP/WMS experience is required; intermediate to advanced Excel skills preferred
· 1-2 years' experience in a manufacturing or packaging environment preferred; experience with moderate-paced packaging and material handling equipment a plus
· Previous supervisory experienced preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Ability to see and implement opportunities for continuous improvement within the assembly group.
· Team Building and Effective Communications skills a must
· Good Organizational and Time Management skills required
· Ability to observe and establish key performance metrics and goals for employees
· Effective and proven people skills
· Strengths in conflict management and problem solving
· The ability to multitask, delegate and direct subordinates under pressure to achieve desired results
· Ability to analyze and make improvements to cross-functional processes utilizing skills in team building, effective communications, and project management
· Ability to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as scheduled
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms
· The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds
· The employee must possess manual agility and the ability to maintain a constant quick pace is required
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to hot, wet or humid conditions as well as cold
· The warehouse area has high forklift traffic and one must be constantly aware of surroundings at all times
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Firearms Supervisor (Main Store) Part-Time
Job Description OVERSEES ASSOCIATES WITHIN ASSIGNED DEPARTMENT(S), UTILIZES LEADERSHIP SKILLS AND ABILITIES TO EMPOWER ASSOCIATES TO PROVIDE CUSTOMERS WITH AN EXCEPTIONAL SHOPPING EXPERIENCE. # Job Qualifications COMPLETION OF HIGH SCHOOL OR THE EQUIVALENT. RETAIL EXPERIENCE. DEMONSTRATED WILLINGNESS AND POTENTIAL FOR ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITY. If a sufficient number of qualified candidates do not apply, the minimum qualifications may be lowered without reposting. Vacancy Number: H-003041-2018 Job Title: FIREARMS SUPERVISOR (MAIN STORE) PART-TIME
- Exchange Location:* United States
Facility Name:* JBA-AND MAIN STORE
Employment Category:* Regular Part Time
Career Area:* Retail Operations
Job Grade:* 2 Job Tier: 2 Work Challenges: WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN INDIVIDUAL WHO IS ENTHUSIASTIC, DETAIL ORIENTED, EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS, WITH AN EXCITING AND APPROACHABLE PERSONALITY TO WORK IN OUR FIREARMS DEPARTMENT. MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE. ALL APPLICANTS TENTATIVELY SELECTED FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A DRUG TEST AND WILL BE SUBJECT TO RANDOM DRUG TESTING. MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK. AVAILABILITY NEEDED: MONDAY- SATURDAY: HOURS WILL RANGE BETWEEN 9:00AM - 8:30PM AND SUNDAY 10:00AM – 6:30PM WITH VARIOUS DAYS OFF. MUST BE ABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS. AVERAGE WEEKLY HOURS: 20-34 HRS A WEEK. MUST BE ABLE TO INTERACT WITH CUSTOMERS, PEERS AND MANAGEMENT. MUST BE ABLE TO PRESENT AND DISCUSS VARIOUS FIREARMS PRODUCTS AND FEATURES. MUST BE ABLE TO OPERATE A CASH REGISTER. FIREARMS KNOWLEDGE IS PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED. TRAINING WILL PROVIDED. Job Perks & Benefits
Flexible schedule to include days and weekends
Shift Differential Pay
Tax-Free Shopping * 401K
Mass transportation reimbursement
Access to base facilities (gym, movie theater, childcare) Supervisor: Yes
Salary Minimum:* $14.45 Salary Maximum: $26.09 Number of Positions Remaining: 1 Removal Date: 12-Feb-2018
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!