Fish Liver Sorter Job Description Sample
Patient Financial Services Representative Liver Disease
The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we’re excited about what the future holds for health care. That’s why we’re changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you’re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
At Banner- University Medical Group (BUMG), we’re creating a world class medical organization that brings together a leadership team committed to a physician-focused structure, while navigating the challenges of moving from a volume-based to value-based health care system.
Are you dynamic and patient focused and looking to make a difference in your patients' lives? Then our busy Cardiology Clinic is looking for you!
Clinic Hours are Monday- Friday 8am-5pm, closed on Weekends and Holidays. Bilingual a plus!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
About Banner- University Medical Center Phoenix
Banner- University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet™ recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine- Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position coordinates a smooth patient flow process by answering phones, scheduling patient appointments, providing registration of patient and insurance information, obtaining required signatures following established processes, procedures and standards. This position also verifies insurance coverage, validates referrals and authorizations, collects patient liability and provides financial guidance to patients to maximize medical services reimbursement efforts. This also includes accurately posting patients at the point of service and releasing information in accordance with organizational and compliance policies and guidelines.
- Performs registration/check-in processes, including but not limited to performing data entry activities, providing patients with appropriate information and intake forms, obtaining necessary signatures and generating population health summary.
- Verifies insurance eligibility benefits for services rendered with the payors and documents appropriately. Assists in obtaining or validating pre-certification, referrals, and authorizations
- Calculates and collects patient liability according to verification of insurance benefits and expected reimbursement. Explains and provides financial policies and available resources for alternative payment arrangements to patients and their families.
- Enters payments/charges for services rendered and performs daily payment/charge reconciliation in a timely and accurate manner. Balances cash drawer at the beginning and end of the day and prepares daily bank deposit with necessary paperwork sent to centralized billing for record purposes.
- Schedules office visits and procedures within the medical practice(s) and external practices as necessary. Maximizes reimbursement by scheduling patients in accordance with payor plan provisions. Confirms patient appointments for the following day as necessary and ensures patients are properly prepared for visits.
- Demonstrates proactive interpersonal communications skills while dealing with patient concerns through telephone calls, emails and in-person conversations. Optimizes patient flow by using effective customer service/communication skills by communicating to internal and external customers, care team, management, centralized services and HIMS.
- Assists in responding to requests for patient medical records according to company policies and procedures, and state and federal laws.
- Provides a variety of patient services to assist in patient flow including but not limited to escorting patients, taking vitals and patient history, assisting in patient treatment, distributing mail and fax information, ordering supplies, etc.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires knowledge of patient financial services, financial, collecting services or insurance industry experience processes normally acquired over one or more years of work experience.Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision and to work independently. Requires strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to effectively interact with a wide range of audiences.
Strong knowledge in the use of common office software, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software are required
Work experience with the Companys systems and processes is preferred. Previous cash collections experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Nurse Manager Surgical Kidney Liver Organ Transplant Unit
I. Position Summary:
The Unit Manager is an RN who demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to his or her patients and to provide direction and supervisions to other staff caring for patients in his or her patient care department/unit. Delivery of care to patients is based on criteria that are specific to the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of that individual, depending on age and developmental level and on competence of staff assigned to that department. The Unit Manager reviews patient care daily, visits patients regularly, making suggestions to improve care and becomes involved in the care of selected patients.
The Unit Manager organizes, coordinates, and facilitates patient care on her/his department/unit during all operating hours. The Unit Manager performs delegated management duties, assigned by the Patient Care Director, which are consistent with her/his scope of nursing practice and competence. The Unit Manager demonstrates an understanding of the budget process and staffing plan, implementing cost-effective strategies in staffing and supply management decisions.
She/he participates in the interviewing, monitoring, coaching, evaluating and disciplining process. The Unit Manager supports the mission, vision, and values, goals and objectives of Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center and the HealthONE organization.
The scope and complexity of the Unit Manager position will vary based on the number of beds/visits/procedures in the department, acuity of patients, FTEs supervised, number of different medical staff and medical staff services involved, "normal working hours" responsibility or 24/7 responsibility, the activity level of admissions, discharges and transfers per day, and the education resources available.
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children expects our Code of Conduct Value Statements to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community.
- We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual
- We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness
- We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
- We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity
II. Position Requirements:
Current licensure in the state of Colorado as a Registered Nurse. Current BLS certification. Other specialty certifications as required by Unit.
B. Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred.
C. Experience: At least two years acute care/specialty nursing is desirable in area of specialty. At least one year previous experience in charge/supervisory or management position.
D. Special Qualifications:
Demonstrates good organizational skills. Provides safe and appropriate care within the Standards of Nursing practice at Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center.
Demonstrates good critical thinking skills. Displays leadership and problem solving skills. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers. Able to articulate and demonstrate knowledge of nursing theory and practice.
III. Degree of supervision required:
Involves general guidance and direction by the Patient Care Director. Employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
Summary This position will work as a Fish Biologist for the Alpena Fish and Wildlife Conservation Office at the Trenton, Michigan.
This is a Term appointment, not-to-exceed 13 months, which can be extended for a total appointment of 4 years.
Learn more about this agency Responsibilities Major duties at the full performance level will include, but are not limited to, the following: Conducting biological surveys of waters for the preservation and development of fisheries on Federal properties Conducting studies of all factors affecting fish populations, such as food conditions, population balance, chemical and biological factors, quality of spawning areas Using automated data processing equipment to enter, process, and summarize fishery data for reports Preparing and presenting papers to the field Preparing Fisheries Management Plans for depleted fishery resources Assisting in developing fish stocking schedules Keeping alert to maintenance and repair of vehicles, boats, electrofishing gear Providing technical assistance inside and outside the Service Travel Required 50% or less - Travel will be for duties, meetings, and other work related duties.
Closes 03/05/2018 Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
Fish Cutter/Retail Sales
We are seeking a Fish Cutter/Retail Sales to become an integral part of our team! You will be responsible for selling products, merchandise, and services in a retail setting in order to drive company revenue.
- Welcome and identify customer needs
- Explain products and services to customers
- Fillet Whole Fish for retail display
- Enter and process customer orders
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints
- Set up Seafood Display cases
- Previous experience in sales, customer service, or other related fields
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build rapport with customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift coolers of fish and ice.
- Comfortable working in a wet environment
Kitchen Manager-Islamorada Fish Company
With limited supervision, the Kitchen Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen, and provides professional leadership and direction to kitchen personnel. Ensures that all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet restaurant's specifications and commitment to quality. Maintains a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen. Demonstrates this by example, using proper food-handling techniques.
· Directs and reviews the progress of the prep staff, checks for quality and consistency on food and communicates with prep staff
· Manages all employees to maintain high employment quality standards consistent with the Bass Pro Shops brand including hiring, development, counseling, promotion, and discipline as appropriate.
· Checks all kitchen equipment and sets them up for daily use
· Enforces safety and sanitary practices and maintenance for the kitchen.
· Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, government/local laws, and ordinances; all health inspections meet required government/local standards.
· Ensures operational standards are adhered to with total commitment and passion: line checks, testing, training, recipe adherence, window management, cook times, etc
· Ensures that all menu items are made and presented according to recipes and standards
· Supervises the set-up and food production areas within the kitchen to maximize productivity and minimize waste; manages staffing levels throughout shift.
· Keeps kitchen, dish, and storage areas clean and organized.
· Checks and balances product inventory from previous day of business, places food and supply orders
· Assists in the hiring and training of back-of-the-house employees.
· Consistently demonstrates and teaches Bass Pro Shops company culture
· Hands-on restaurant kitchen experience
· At least two (2) years of previous external management experience or management training positions working all facets of back-of-the-house restaurant operations or has a four (4) year degree in a relevant field (e.g., Hotel/Restaurant Management) or six (6) months management experience in Bass Pro Shops in BOH operation.
· Prior people leadership experience in the restaurant industry
· Willing to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays
· Openness to travel leading up to restaurant opening
· Basic English
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to multi-task and operate effectively under pressure
· High commitment to operational excellence, quality, and customer service
· Experience in handling and maintenance of food service equipment
· Experience in placing food orders and managing food cost
· Previous management or management training experience
· Basic computer skills
Spanning destination retail, boat manufacturing and award-winning resorts, Bass Pro Shops is an innovative pioneer in connecting everyone to the great outdoors. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today Bass Pro Shops is a leading destination retailer offering outdoor gear and apparel in an immersive setting with more than 100 retail and marine centers that host 120 million people annually. White River Marine Group, part of the Bass Pro family, is the largest manufacturer of boats in the world by volume offering an unsurpassed collection of industry-leading boat brands including TRACKER®, SUN TRACKER®, NITRO®, TAHOE®, REGENCY®, MAKO®, RANGER®, TRITON®, STRATOS® and ASCEND®. The company also operates Big Cedar Lodge – America’s Premier Wilderness Resort, along with other restaurants, nature-based attractions and resort destinations.
Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is committed to inspiring everyone to enjoy, love and conserve the great outdoors. The company is known as a national leader in protecting habitat and connecting families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “one of America’s Best Employers.”
Craft Butcher - Meat & Fish
Are you a Chef, Butcher? looking for a more stable schedule that promotes Life Balance? We are looking for to fill several positions in our USDA Butcher Shop with a Monday through Thursday, daytime schedule. Average to Excellent knife skills desired and we will train you up to be a Master Butcher. Working for Dole & Bailey and its family of local, sustainable programs is personally and professionally rewarding for those who give their best. We provide our customers with EXCELLENCE in products and services. Expectations are high, and every employee contributes. We are a group of independent thinkers who understand the power of collaboration, creativity, and imagination; we enjoy working together in a dynamic, solutions-based culture, and we are always ready to welcome a motivated, committed addition to our team!
- Entry Level and Experienced
- Full-time and Part-time
Our butchers are responsible for creating and maintaining a quality experience for each Dole & Bailey customer. Must have ability to cut, trim, dice, debone and portion poultry, fish, and meats; including whole animal and whole fish butchery. Must have proven attention to detail and positive attitude in support of Dole & Bailey’s mission for excellence and committed to following all USDA, HACCP and GMP guidelines and regulations. Utilizing ISO continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Maintaining communication with management notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensuring all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Utilizing ISO Continuous Improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required clothing, footwear, safety equipment and practice proper hygiene in designated areas
- Responsible for food safety, prerequisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Be flexible and assist in other areas of production as needed/requested.
- Experience preferred but not required if willing to join our team at entry level and work through apprenticeship program.
- Must be able to: Stand, walk, and push or pull a majority of the day.
- Use knives, saws, scales, and others pieces of equipment associated with the Butchery Trade.
- Lift up to 50 pounds frequently and manually stack and move cases.
- Work in an environment where temperature is maintained at 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Work effectively work in a team environment.
- Read, write, and speak English
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks) and possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
DB offers a robust benefit package for full time employees including:
- Retail purchase program offering a wide variety of our products at reduced cost
- Medical Insurance ( Blue Cross Blue Shield). Dental and Life Insurance
- Paid time off including Holidays and paid Vacation
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Four day work week: Monday through Thursday
- D&B actively promotes from within, providing opportunity for career growth.
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- ISO 9001 training
- LEAN Training
EASY Commute - Our shop is located right out of Woburn Center and close to Rt 93 and Rt 128/95
This is a 1st shift position, typically starting at 8:00 am
Dole & Bailey is an Equal Opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Lab Manager- Digestive & Liver Diseases
Lab Manager- Digestive & Liver Diseases
Job Code Title
Job Requisition Number
7518- MED Medicine
Officer Full-Time Regular
If temporary, indicate duration
Hours Per Week
Commensurate with experience
Advertised Summary Job Description
Under the general supervision of the Principal Investigator, the Lab Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of a large and sophisticated research lab, primarily supported by NIH grants. Provides oversight and supervision of technicians and provides support to postdoctoral fellows, students, research faculty and others.
Coordinates and assists in the management of a large mouse colony, organization of experiments and use of core facilities. Lab Manager will also develop new techniques; devise and write research and IACUC protocols; and ensure compliance with lab safety measures and reporting. Will learn and perform procedures unique to the lab including manipulation and genotyping of mice.
Responsible for purchasing supplies for the laboratory. Maintains inventory of supplies, reagent utilization and equipment, schedules regular equipment maintenance. Additionally, will be responsible for ensuring a structured, organized environment for the smooth operation of the lab. Performs additional responsibilities as needed.
Minimum Qualifications for Grade
meet these minimum qualifications to be considered an applicant
Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus two years of related experience.
Additional Position-Specific Minimum Qualifications
meet these minimum qualifications to be considered an applicant
Experience in research design and analysis is required, as well as knowledge and understanding of molecular biology, mouse husbandry and genetics. Candidates with strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to write effectively will be strongly considered.
Experience working with mice, including manipulation and genotyping of mice, would be highly desirable.
Additional Essential Functions (Limit to 3950 characters.)
This position works with:
HIPAA Compliance training required
Participation in Medical Surveillance required
What type of posting? Is this a waiver request?
Requisition Open Date
Requisition Close Date
Open Until Filled
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Liver Transplant RN Registered Nurse
Liver Transplant RN Registered Nurse
White Glove Placement, Inc. is currently seeking RN Registered Nurses for Liver Transplant positions. Work at one of the most prestigious facilities in New York City as a Liver Transplant Nurse and in the same time earn top salary and benefits.
Additional Information for Liver Transplant RN Registered Nurse position:
- Full Time position
- Monday – Friday 9am-5pm
- Start: ASAP
Benefits for Liver Transplant RN Registered Nurse include excellent salaries, health coverage, daily pay at participating facilities, direct deposit for your convenience and referral bonuses for referring nurse friends.
Requirements for RN Registered Nurse Liver Transplantpositions include:
- RN NYS License
- Current or Recent experience in Liver Transplant
- Eligibility to work in United States
As the largest recruiter of nursing professionals and health care workers in New York we are committed to placing the right person to the right assignment. Over the years we have proudly placed thousands of qualified staff in hundreds of facilities throughout New York State and the Northeast.
Looking for that perfect job in nursing? The right shift, competitive salary, in a location near you? Or, do you want to travel and explore other areas as a nurse? White Glove has an array of choices to fit your specific requirements.
TOP REASONS TO WORK WITH WHITE GLOVE PLACEMENT
-Superior benefits package including health and dental coverage
-Largest nurse staffing provider in NY this means top selection of NY assignments
-Flexible assignment opportunities
-Travel nursing, contract assignments, per diem, part-time, full-time
-Competitive salary options (direct deposit and daily pay at participating facilities)
-Travel compensation with metro cards
-Established service provider with 20 years in the industry
-White Glove Placement, Inc. is JCAHO Certified
-Prestige to work with "the best"
NYC License Number 1068435-DCA
Registered Nurse (Rn) Transplant Coordinator Liver Transplant (Days)
At Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, we recognize the unique needs of each of our patients. It's an extraordinary effort that we continue to improve upon, creating ways to better serve our community when they need us most.
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed the world's first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutive days at a single hospital. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008.
Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. Our hospital provides patient-centered care with a staff of professionals who genuinely care for the well-being of others.
As part of Methodist Healthcare's mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God, we strive to offer care in a safe and compassionate environment. Additional hospital specialties include psychiatric services, emergency care, rehabilitation and robotic surgery.
General Statement of Duties: The Abdominal Transplant Coordinator I is a professional registered nurse that performs a variety of clinical services and patient care activities in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary healthcare team to ensure the smooth flow of the transplant evaluation and post-transplant care process. The coordinator works with patients and their families beginning with the evaluation for transplantation and continuing through and after transplantation in a compassionate and tactful manner in order to facilitate access to and provide continuity of care.
Essential Job Functions:
1.Assessments: Performs appropriate assessments to include psychological, physical, environmental and functional needs
2.Education: Provides patient and family education specific to the patient's disease process. Serves as a resource for education for patient, family, staff, hospital and community.
3.Communication: Communicates with all members of the transplant team to include hospital staff and referring physician/staff
4.Data Collection: Participates in the collection/entry of data in the patient medical record as required by all regulatory agencies
5.Documentation: Documents assessments, interventions and follow-up accurately and timely
6.Coordination of care through the phases of transplantation with the transplant team as follows:
Pre Transplant Phase
1.Assures the performance of necessary studies to determine a patient's candidacy
2.Responsible for the educational process for both patient and family
3.Participates in the evaluation and patient selection process
4.Monitors patient status throughout work-up and listing
5.Participates in the process for patient preparation for transplantation surgery
6.Responsible for data collection/entry/management for all regulatory agency requirements.
1.Assumes lead in directing responsibility of the education to patient and family
2.Participates in clinical rounding that includes monitoring quality and adverse changes
3.Maintains communication with all the multi-disciplinary team
4.Acts as the resource person regarding transplantation for all staff
5.Monitors ongoing plan of care and implements changes accordingly
6.Prepares patients for discharge and outpatient follow-up
7.Communicates with referring physicians as indicated for continuity of care
8.Responsible for communication from inpatient to outpatient clinical continuity of care
9.Responsible for continuing data collection/entry/management for all regulatory agency requirements.
Post Transplant Phase:
1.Monitor and follow all diagnostic studies
2.Evaluate health status as per clinical protocol
3.Communicate and coordinate any patient issues/concerns to the appropriate transplant team member
4.Continues educational process to patient and family members
5.Provides patient care under the direction of the transplant physician
6.Responsible for data collection/entry/management for all regulatory agency requirements
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1.Education: Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program, BSN preferred
2.Experience: Minimum 1 year experience
3.Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1.Required: A valid Texas RN license; BCLS
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!