Fish Packer Job Description Sample
10 fish packers temp f/t jobs 4/1-10/31/18 w/Dymer Creek Seafood, White Stone, 8044352173. Unload fish; discard, rinse, separate, weigh, layer fish/ice in carton; place in storage; load trucks; work in hot/humid cold/freezing weather; suprvsd work; no exp/educ; lift/carry up to 75lbs; 35hpw; 4a-12p; M-F, extended hrs/weekends; $11.04/hr; $16.56/OT over 40hpw; raise/bonus; housing $20/week; trans/subsistence/lodging reimbursed if ½ employment period completed.
Return trans provided if emplmt period completed/dismissed early. No chrg for tools/supplies/ equip. Apply at local VEC or 10304 Spotsylvania Ave, Ste 100, Fredericksburg, VA 22408; 5403225757(p). JO1251753 Richmond Times-Dispatch.
Keywords: Fish Packer, Location: Callao, VA - 22435
Fish Packers 15 fish packers temp f/t jobs 4/1-11/30/18 w/Pride of VA Bait & Oyster, White Stone, 8044356740. Place fish on racks; make boxes; place fish in freezer; load pallets/trucks; use hand/ handcart; wash conveyor belts; 2 days OJT; suprvsd work; no exp/educ; lift/carry up to 65lbs; 35hpw; 7a-3p; M-F, extended hrs /Sat. hrs; $10.74/hr; $16.11/OT over 40hpw; raise/bonus; housing $35/wk w/utilities; trans/subsistence/lodging reimbursed if ½ employment period completed.
Return trans provided if emplmt period completed/dismissed early. No chrg for tools/supplies/equip. Apply at local VEC or 10304 Spotsylvania Ave, Ste 100, Fredericksburg, VA 22408; 5403225757 (p). JO1251735.
Richmond Times-Dispatch. Keywords: Fish Packer, Location: Callao, VA - 22435
Kitchen Manager-Islamorada Fish Company
With limited supervision, the Kitchen Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen, and provides professional leadership and direction to kitchen personnel. Ensures that all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet restaurant's specifications and commitment to quality. Maintains a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen. Demonstrates this by example, using proper food-handling techniques.
· Directs and reviews the progress of the prep staff, checks for quality and consistency on food and communicates with prep staff
· Manages all employees to maintain high employment quality standards consistent with the Bass Pro Shops brand including hiring, development, counseling, promotion, and discipline as appropriate.
· Checks all kitchen equipment and sets them up for daily use
· Enforces safety and sanitary practices and maintenance for the kitchen.
· Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, government/local laws, and ordinances; all health inspections meet required government/local standards.
· Ensures operational standards are adhered to with total commitment and passion: line checks, testing, training, recipe adherence, window management, cook times, etc
· Ensures that all menu items are made and presented according to recipes and standards
· Supervises the set-up and food production areas within the kitchen to maximize productivity and minimize waste; manages staffing levels throughout shift.
· Keeps kitchen, dish, and storage areas clean and organized.
· Checks and balances product inventory from previous day of business, places food and supply orders
· Assists in the hiring and training of back-of-the-house employees.
· Consistently demonstrates and teaches Bass Pro Shops company culture
· Hands-on restaurant kitchen experience
· At least two (2) years of previous external management experience or management training positions working all facets of back-of-the-house restaurant operations or has a four (4) year degree in a relevant field (e.g., Hotel/Restaurant Management) or six (6) months management experience in Bass Pro Shops in BOH operation.
· Prior people leadership experience in the restaurant industry
· Willing to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays
· Openness to travel leading up to restaurant opening
· Basic English
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to multi-task and operate effectively under pressure
· High commitment to operational excellence, quality, and customer service
· Experience in handling and maintenance of food service equipment
· Experience in placing food orders and managing food cost
· Previous management or management training experience
· Basic computer skills
Spanning destination retail, boat manufacturing and award-winning resorts, Bass Pro Shops is an innovative pioneer in connecting everyone to the great outdoors. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today Bass Pro Shops is a leading destination retailer offering outdoor gear and apparel in an immersive setting with more than 100 retail and marine centers that host 120 million people annually. White River Marine Group, part of the Bass Pro family, is the largest manufacturer of boats in the world by volume offering an unsurpassed collection of industry-leading boat brands including TRACKER®, SUN TRACKER®, NITRO®, TAHOE®, REGENCY®, MAKO®, RANGER®, TRITON®, STRATOS® and ASCEND®. The company also operates Big Cedar Lodge – America’s Premier Wilderness Resort, along with other restaurants, nature-based attractions and resort destinations.
Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is committed to inspiring everyone to enjoy, love and conserve the great outdoors. The company is known as a national leader in protecting habitat and connecting families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “one of America’s Best Employers.”
Fish Cutter/Retail Sales
We are seeking a Fish Cutter/Retail Sales to become an integral part of our team! You will be responsible for selling products, merchandise, and services in a retail setting in order to drive company revenue.
- Welcome and identify customer needs
- Explain products and services to customers
- Fillet Whole Fish for retail display
- Enter and process customer orders
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints
- Set up Seafood Display cases
- Previous experience in sales, customer service, or other related fields
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build rapport with customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift coolers of fish and ice.
- Comfortable working in a wet environment
Craft Butcher - Meat & Fish
Are you a Chef, Butcher? looking for a more stable schedule that promotes Life Balance? We are looking for to fill several positions in our USDA Butcher Shop with a Monday through Thursday, daytime schedule. Average to Excellent knife skills desired and we will train you up to be a Master Butcher. Working for Dole & Bailey and its family of local, sustainable programs is personally and professionally rewarding for those who give their best. We provide our customers with EXCELLENCE in products and services. Expectations are high, and every employee contributes. We are a group of independent thinkers who understand the power of collaboration, creativity, and imagination; we enjoy working together in a dynamic, solutions-based culture, and we are always ready to welcome a motivated, committed addition to our team!
- Entry Level and Experienced
- Full-time and Part-time
Our butchers are responsible for creating and maintaining a quality experience for each Dole & Bailey customer. Must have ability to cut, trim, dice, debone and portion poultry, fish, and meats; including whole animal and whole fish butchery. Must have proven attention to detail and positive attitude in support of Dole & Bailey’s mission for excellence and committed to following all USDA, HACCP and GMP guidelines and regulations. Utilizing ISO continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Maintaining communication with management notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensuring all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Utilizing ISO Continuous Improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required clothing, footwear, safety equipment and practice proper hygiene in designated areas
- Responsible for food safety, prerequisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Be flexible and assist in other areas of production as needed/requested.
- Experience preferred but not required if willing to join our team at entry level and work through apprenticeship program.
- Must be able to: Stand, walk, and push or pull a majority of the day.
- Use knives, saws, scales, and others pieces of equipment associated with the Butchery Trade.
- Lift up to 50 pounds frequently and manually stack and move cases.
- Work in an environment where temperature is maintained at 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Work effectively work in a team environment.
- Read, write, and speak English
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks) and possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
DB offers a robust benefit package for full time employees including:
- Retail purchase program offering a wide variety of our products at reduced cost
- Medical Insurance ( Blue Cross Blue Shield). Dental and Life Insurance
- Paid time off including Holidays and paid Vacation
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Four day work week: Monday through Thursday
- D&B actively promotes from within, providing opportunity for career growth.
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- ISO 9001 training
- LEAN Training
EASY Commute - Our shop is located right out of Woburn Center and close to Rt 93 and Rt 128/95
This is a 1st shift position, typically starting at 8:00 am
Dole & Bailey is an Equal Opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Fresh Fish Production Team
Neesvig's, Wisconsin's Premier Distributor of High Quality Meat and Seafood products is seeking Experienced Foodies and Foodservice Professionals ( Chef's, Cooks, Butchers, Culinary Artists ) looking for a change of scenery and new career challenges to join the Dynamic Fresh Fish Production team at our Windsor Processing facility.
Responsibilities include cutting, packing, and weighing Fresh Fish to fill orders for our extensive Restaurant and Retail Customer base. Attention to Detail, an eye for quality, a Passion for food, and a Teamwork approach are required. We are a true Artisan Fishmonger operation with a dedication to our craft.
Typical hours would be either 4:00am to 1:00pm or 1:00pm to 9:00pm Monday thru Friday with some occasional weekend shifts.
Work environment is one of Pride, Quality, Fun, Passion, and Advancement in our rapidly growing organization.
Hiring Bartenders & FOH Staff City Fish Market &Chops Lobster BAR Boca
The Buckhead Life Restaurant Group, is now hiring experienced Bartenders, Servers, Bussers, and Hostesses for our two South Florida restaurants Chops Lobster Bar and City Fish Market.
Chops Lobster Bar is one of the Nation's leading prime Steakhouses. Chops Lobster Bar was named Best Steakhouse, Best Wine list, and Best Service by Boca Magazine. Chops Lobster Bar is rated top of its class by Zagat.
The City Fish Market was named best seafood restaurant by the Sun Sentinel reader's choice award and continues to win best seafood year after year in Boca Magazine.
Send a resume and Visit Us at www.buckheadrestaurants.com to learn more about our restaurants and APPLY ONLINE!
Only experienced applicants need apply.
All of our restaurants are top of their class and have garnered National accolades including NINE "Best New Restaurants" in Esquire Magazine. BLRG has four highly acclaimed restaurants in South Florida and eight in Atlanta.
Boca Raton, FL - Chops Lobster Bar
Boca Raton, FL - City Fish Market
Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Lobster Bar Sea Grille
Miami Beach, FL- Lobster Bar Sea Grille
Lobster Bar Sea Grille is setting the standard for fine dining in Ft. Lauderdale. We specialize in whole fish flown in direct from the Mediterranean and meticulously sourced seafood. We opened our newest location, Lobster Bar Sea Grille in Miami Beach in April of this year!
We look forward to welcoming you aboard the Buckhead Life Restaurant Group Team!
Pricci -- Italian
Kyma -- Greek Mediterranean
Bistro Niko -- French
Chops Lobster Bar -- Steakhouse
Atlanta Fish Market -- Seafood
Buckhead Diner -- Classic American
103 West -- Private Events
Buckhead Bread Company and Corner Café -- European Bakery and Café
Boca Raton, FL - Chops Lobster Bar
Boca Raton, FL - City Fish Market
Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Lobster Bar Sea Grille
Miami Beach, FL - Lobster Bar Sea Grille
Kitchen Manager / Sous Chef - Fish Tales
Fish Tales has an excellent career opportunity for individuals that have a true passion for food and an unrelenting drive to provide exceptional guest service and hospitality
Kitchen Manager / Sous Chef – Galveston, Texas
Essential Duties and
- Assist Executive Chef with ensuring excellence in guest satisfaction through commitment to a "Do Whatever It Takes Attitude" and a hands-on, lead by example management style
- Management of all back of house staff in a high volume kitchen, including ongoing training , development, and follow up
- Achieve or exceed budgeted labor and other cost centers through proper planning and execution
- Assist in overseeing weekly and monthly inventories, and ordering of food and supplies
- Maintain sanitation procedures and organization of work area adhering to all OSHA regulations.
- At least 2 years of Culinary Management experience in am upscale/fine dining establishment
- Strong knowledge and attention to detail on back of the house operations including: staff supervision, inventory controls and food/labor cost, and product quality
- Strong communication, leadership, and conflict resolution skills
- Stable and progressive work history; Strong work ethic
- Graduate of an accredited culinary program is a plus
- Extensive and well-rounded training program
- Continued career development and growth opportunities
- Discount Dining and Retail Program
- Management Referral Bonus Program
- Medical, dental and vision, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k), paid vacation and more
We are seeking experienced Fish Cutters for retail and wholesale fish departments in Brooklyn, New York.
The ideal candidate must have experience with cutting, weighing, packaging, and preparing fish for customers.
The candidate must be able to complete the following:
· Must be a skilled fish cutter and know how to fillet.
· Must have general knowledge of Fish and Seafood products
· Understanding and knowledge of sanitation, safety, and food handling procedures
· Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
· Must be able to work in a cold temperature and wet environment
· Must be able to lift heavy boxes, ranging from 10-60 lbs
We offer competitive salary commensurate with skill and experience.
Please send resume with cover letter, salary history and requirements.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!