Flagger Job Description Sample
We are looking for flaggers in the Seffner area. The right candidate will have reliable transportation, as well as willingness to work.
May put out traffic cones and use signs and hand signals to communicate with motorists. Worker needs to be confident enough to stand in front of cars, sometimes in blazing heat, sometimes in the middle of the night, to make sure that traffic is no more snarled than it has to be. And if motorists do not obey the signs, flaggers may record license plates to report to the police.
Requirements of General Laborer
- Construction experience preferred
- Flagging experience is a plus
- Valid Driver License/ID and Reliable Transportation
- Willingness to work hard, and be reliable
- Team worker
- Able to stand on their feet for long periods of time and understand how to control traffic to the best of their ability.
Flagger Needed Asap
The candidate will control traffic on construction site. She/he will be along roads and highways to help traffic keep flowing through a construction zone, despite a shutdown of lanes. Also he/she will often work in teams, with each person controlling the flow of traffic in a certain direction.
- Stand on their feet for long periods of time
- Understand how to control traffic to the best of their ability.
- May put out traffic cones and use signs and hand signals to communicate with motorists.
- Confident enough to stand in front of cars, sometimes in blazing heat, sometimes in the middle of the night, to make sure that traffic is no more snarled than it has to be.
- If motorists do not obey the signs, flagger may record license plates to report to the police.
- Flagging Certification
- OSHA Certifications
- High School Diploma
- Construction Experience Preferred
- Team player
- Great Communication skills
Construction Clean Up / Flagger
Needed : Construction clean up workers and Flaggers in the Jacksonville area. These are temp-to-hire positions and they are located all over the city.
Please apply at the office. Remember to bring 2 forms of ID, as well as your direct deposit information.
Hope to see you soon !!
Welcome to Liberty Staffing, a disabled veteran-owned and minority-owned staffing company run by experienced staffing professionals.
Liberty Staffing is designed to support the work of the professionals on the front lines of the staffing industry...those who service you every day. Too often, staffing service employees working directly with customers on a daily basis are not supported or incentivized to go the extra mile. Liberty Staffing’s current owners support its employees by being hands-on and actively involved in the daily operations.
Services: Manufacturing Light Industrial Warehouse General Labor Hospitality Event Staffing Select Skilled Trades
- Control signal devices for motorist guidance
- Understand and apply safe traffic control practices
- Ability to receive / communicate specific instructions
- Capable of moving quickly
- Recognize dangerous situations, react and warn others
- Other duties as assigned (ex. manual labor, driving vehicles, installing signs)
- Current ATSSA flagger certification
- Two years of experience
- Pass pre-employment drug screen, background check, and DMV check
- Valid driver’s license w/excellent driving record
- Current DOT certification
- Ability to lift/carry 50 lbs. repetitively
- Ability to stand for eight hours
- Ability to use hand tools
- Withstand temperature extremes
- Life Insurance
Apply today to schedule an interview!
In 2007, Sunrise Safety Services Inc. moved to its current location at 6711 Bay Meadow Drive, Suite D in Glen Burnie, Maryland. We currently have forty eight (48) trucks and have over one hundred (100) employees.
We have become more than just another local traffic safety control company and sign fabricator. Our teams of dedicated employees are more than co-workers, we’re a family.
Work with construction team to establish safe movement of traffic around construction zone, in accordance with safety regulations.
Flag motorists to warn them of obstacles or repair work ahead.
Responsible for keeping work zone and passing cars safe.
May need to place signs, barricades, traffic cones and other warning devices; duties will vary according to job assignment.
Direct traffic flow using DOT regulations
Responds to emergencies as directed and performs tasks in the interest of public safety and property protection during emergencies.
Certification may be required
Guiding or controlling vehicular or pedestrian traffic at such places as street and railroad crossings and construction sites
Valid flagger certification
PeopleReady is a part of TrueBlue Inc., the global workforce solutions leader connecting clients with over 840,000 precisely matched associates every year across 70 countries. Through our recruitment outsourcing, onsite management and on-demand talent delivery services, we are industry-leading innovators for the changing world of work. Let PeopleReady help you get your work done well.
At Integrity Traffic, LLC we are looking for great people to join our team. As we grow, we want people that are team players that will help us grow to become a great company.
Currently we have openings for Flaggers
For a Flagger positions you must have a valid Colorado Driver’s license & current MVR with a clean record.
Flaggers must have flagging certification, a good attitude to work with anyone you are assigned with. Would be helpful to have the desire to learn from TC jobs and work your way up to being a TCS.
The most desirable traits we look for is individuals that are dependable, energetic, good attitude, if this sounds like you please apply
Flagger Duties include but are not limited to:
· As a Flagger for Integrity Traffic, it will be required that you have your Flagger Certification on you at all times while on a jobsite.
· You are required to supply your own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) with the exception of a company issued vest.
· Your PPE must meet or exceed all ANSI and OSHA standards.
· You need to have your PPE with you at all times while working
· As a flagger, you may be required to set jobs with a TCS and change setups as needed when not flagging
· It is helpful that as a Flagger you are interested to help and learn about becoming a TCS.
· May be required to stay onsite to maintain a site alone
· Set up job(s) on time while maintaining a professional work ethic
· Flexibility to be able to work anytime Day’s, Night’s or weekends
The most desirable traits we look for is individuals that are dependable, energetic, good attitude, if this sounds like you, please Apply today. Please understand hours are not guaranteed they range from 0 – 60+ per week depending on supply and demand
If you are a team player and accept all of the aforementioned duties required, please take time to visit us between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm M-F at our office to fill out an application
7627 Dahlia St.
Commerce City, CO 80022
Bring your Certifications, Driver’s License, copy of your clean MVR, Social Security Card
Traffic Control Flagger
Construction company in Liberty is looking to hire flaggers/traffic control. Daytime work hours and competitive benefits. Overtime required. All positions are temporary to permanent. Safety incentive and employee referral programs offered to all employees.
Begin ASAP If currently certified as a flagger.
Flagger training classes available every week.
Bring two forms of ID. Candidates must pass background and drug screen.
Please apply in person at 312 East 1st Street, Easley, SC 29640.
Provenance Recruitment & Staffing offers, Health Insurance, Vacation Pay, On-Going Education, Referral Bonus Programs, Bereavement Leave and Holiday Pay.
FLAGGER POSITIONS AVAILABLE NOW!!!
LaborMax is looking for Flaggers to help keep traffic flowing through construction zones in and around the Nashville, TN area!!!
- Stand on their feet for long periods of time and understand how to control traffic to the best of their ability
- May put out traffic cones and use signs and hand signals to communicate with motorists
- Need to be confident enough to stand in front of cars, sometimes in blazing heat, sometimes in the middle of the night, to make sure that traffic is no more snarled than it has to be
- Teamwork: Flaggers work on a team to keep traffic moving, and have to be able to work and communicate with others.
- Communication: Flaggers need to speak to and understand bosses, co-workers and drivers during their work day.
HS Diploma or GED required
LaborMax has now grown to more than 70 branches in 20 states nationwide. Here at LaborMax we are putting the focus back on building quality relationships between employers and employees. Whether it is short or long term, we can take care of it. If you are an individual looking for work or a business searching for the right person for your workforce, then look no further than LaborMax Staffing to meet all of your staffing needs.
Ceres Traffic Control Flagger
Control movement of vehicular traffic through construction projects. Duties and
Discuss traffic routing plans, type and location of control points with supervisor.
Follow all policies and procedures and meet all performance goals.
Distribute traffic control signs and markers along site in designated pattern.
Direct movement of traffic through site, using sign, hand, and flag signals.
Warn construction workers when approaching vehicle fails to heed signals to prevent accident and injury to workers.
Inform drivers of detour routes through construction sites.
Record license number of traffic control violators for police.
Give hand marker to last driver in line up of one-way traffic for Flagger at opposite end of site, signaling clearance for reverse flow of traffic.
Observe safety and security procedures; determine appropriate action beyond guidelines; report potentially unsafe conditions; use equipment and materials properly.
- Other duties may be assigned. Essential
High School Diploma/GED and 1 year of related experience/training
Must pass drug test/background check
- Able to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos
Flagger Certification preferred but not required.
Willing to work overtime and in all types of weather conditions
Dependable and able to commit to long hours of work when necessary Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. May vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than indicated here. Work Environment: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; possibly high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Benefits: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, 401K Ceres Environmental is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status. E-Verify: We comply with Federal law by verifying employment eligibility.
Flagger With DL Union
We are currently seeking a
Flagger to join our team.
Controls movement of vehicular traffic through sites in which tree trimming is performed.
Directs movement of traffic through the site using approved traffic signals.
Moves from job site to job site as necessary.
Uses a stop and slow paddle and flag, each of which weighs approximately less than 1 pound.
Works in all temperatures and weather condition and will be exposed to nature, i.e., irritating plants, biting or stinging insects, dust, etc.
Works around hazardous equipment
Works around moving vehicular traffic
Flagger Certification preferred. Company can offer assistance with obtaining Flagger certification prior to start date.
Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
Must be able to wear necessary PPE as necessary.
Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Must be able to grip and turn traffic control sign frequently.
Must have good vision and be attentive.
Must be able to read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
Must be able to verbally communicate with other crew members and fully understand instructions and information.
Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
Must pass a background and/or MVR check.
Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Must have a valid driver's license.
Must be willing to pay union dues.
- - -
Key:Rarely = less than 10% Occasionally =up to 33% Frequently = up to 66% Continuously = 67% to 100% - - -
Range of Motion:Continuously
Kneeling:RarelyHearing - Speech Range:Frequently
Sense of Touch:Continuously
Climbing Ladders:RarelyClimbing On/Off Truck:Occasionally
Lifting up to 10 lbs:Frequently
Lifting over 10 lbs to 50 lbs:Continuously
Lifting up to 50 lbs:Occasionally Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext 1339. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!