Flake Cutter Operator Job Description Sample
Bindery Operator / Cutter Operator
Bindery Operator / Cutter Operator Tracking Code 37751 Job Description Set up, adjust and operate a variety of auxiliary binding machines containing several cutting heads, control surfaces or other attachments (i.e. inkjet and mailing devices, case making & decorating equipment, folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines and/or set up automatic bindery machines containing multiple functions and station capabilities (power paper cutters, power collators and gatherers, power folders, power speed binder) which can be electromechanically combined with other equipment and devices to produce a complete bindery and finishing unit that processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products. Inspect equipment for safety issues.
May operate automatic adhesive binding machines (perfect binders) that contain numerous interrelated process stations that are fed collated sheets or signatures and perform such functions as vibrating, milling, roughening, gluing, covering and delivering or stacking completed books, magazines or catalogs. Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations on a single machine. Direct crew though all aspects of production.
Monitor quality, output and productivity. Required Skills General knowledge of the more complex bindery machines (i.e. fully automatic binding machines (perfect binders), multiple station collators and multiple folding units, either individually or combined) to perform the full range of standard and specialized folds of printed materials. Thorough knowledge of the set up, operating requirements, procedures, capabilities and limitations of one or more bindery machines to perform the full range of standard and specialized folding, collating and cutting of printed materials to complete a combined finishing product.
Ability to read and interpret written work orders or other job specifications containing bindery requirements which indicate the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and to maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided; independently makes decisions on the type of equipment to be used. Knowledge of the quality and machining requirements of various coated and uncoated types of paper stock. Skill in setting up and adjusting machines for finishing operations and to refine such adjustments for the weight, color, machinability and quality of paper stock being used and to prevent machining impressions on the printed materials.
Must be able to calculate distances, clearances, and fits in combining machines. Skill in using the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the bindery machines. Required Experience Bindery Operator experience in a cutter operator role.
Knowledge of bindery/finishing operations. Job Location Smyrna, Tennessee, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Employee Referral Bonus eligible No
Flat Knife Cutter Operator
These products, along with resources for educators, yearbook curriculum and services to help motivate and inspire like Jostens Renaissance® and Commitment to Graduate (C2G) are all designed to contribute to a positive and rewarding school experience. As a household name and leading brand in our market, we are passionate about being the most trusted partner in celebrating moments that matter. We are a mid-size company with a small company feel, allowing us to move fast and explore innovative ideas.
At Jostens, we help people capture, celebrate and inspire through their stories and accomplishments with uniquely customized and personalized products for students and families, educators and schools, teams, and world class athletes and their fans. Position
This operator is responsible for the setup of the machine in accordance with the SOP, implementing adjustments, procedures and knowing the capabilities and limitations of the equipment in order to achieve the required productions goals of the department.
Set-up and operation of the cutter include computer-assisted positioning by performing the necessary calculations (decimals, metric units) to understand the dimensional requirements of the work. An essential part of the job includes knowing the different kinds of paper, sizes, weight and colors. This position also involves preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of machine.
Attention to detail is required to meet customer expectations and productivity and quality standards. The incumbent must also be willing to move about the Bindery and/or Folding departments and run other equipment on an as needed basis. High School degree or GED preferred.
Experience with Polar Cutter, Flat Knife or related equipment a plus. Good verbal communication skills.
Must have basic computer skills.
Must successfully complete advanced machine training within department. Must be a team player with demonstrated decision making ability. Able to give and follow written and verbal instructions.
Ability to read a ruler and follow measurements. Must be able to stand through 8 or 12 hour shifts. Willing to work flexible hours and overtime with short notice.
Must be able to properly lift 10 to 50 lbs. to shoulder height. Must have excellent attendance. Jostens is comprised of dynamic teams of individuals who support the mission of schools, groups and teams by passionately helping people express themselves, celebrate experiences and traditions, recognize achievements and share their stories.
We value innovation, integrity, diversity and exceptional performance and want to make that apparent in every experience we deliver. Jostens is committed to attracting and retaining the brightest and most talented individuals to our company by offering competitive compensation, a progressive and nurturing culture and growth potential. In addition to our traditional benefit offerings, Jostens offers charitable gift matching programs for employees, scholarships and charitable contributions to the communities we serve.
Employees also enjoy tuition reimbursement benefits, progressive career planning as well as comprehensive medical benefits and a 401K matching program. Jostens supports and promotes healthy living through education and incentive programs. Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. Jostens participates in the E-Verify process.
Die Cutter Operator
The Die Cutter acts is responsible for performing make-readies and operating a die cutting press at required production speeds, while controlling quality and waste, meeting safety requirements, and maintaining housekeeping standards.
Operates machine to cut out parts of specified size and shape from materials, such as cloth, plastic, or rubber: Places single or multiple layers of material on bed of machine.
Turns hand wheel to raise or lower head of machine according to thickness of material or depth of die.
Positions one or more cutting dies on material or clamps dies to head of machine and positions material under dies to ensure maximum utilization of material
Depresses pedal or moves lever to activate ram that forces die through material.
Removes cut parts from die or bed of machine.
Measures parts with rule or compares parts with standard to verify conformance to specifications.
Other duties, incidental or regular, as may be assigned by management.
- High School diploma required, some College preferred
Minimum of 2 Years Aerospace or Automotive Industry Manufacturing preferred
Able to operate Fipi and Atom Press experience preferred
Intermediate computer skills
Knowledge of metric system
Basic mechanical skills
Able to follow written and verbal instructions
Verbal and written communications skills
- Because Seal Science Inc. produces Defense Articles as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations, and per certain contractual requirements defined in the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS), the Candidate must qualify as a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
SSI has proudly supported the United States Government and its Prime Aerospace and Defense subcontractors for over 30 years in addition to end users in the semiconductor, medical, and industrial industries. Seal Science, Inc. is a registered AS9100 Small Business headquartered in Irvine, California. Seal Science East is registered ISO 9001:2008 certified location in Bethlehem, PA.
Tool & Cutter Grinder Operator
PDS Tech, Inc is seeking a candidate for the Tool & Cutter Grinder Operator position located in Palmdale, CA. The Tool Grinder job function is to dress grinding wheels, according to specifications. The Tool Grinder monitors machine operations to determine whether adjustments are necessary: stop machines when problems occur.
The Tool Grinder job function includes inspecting, feeling, and measure work pieces to ensure that surfaces and dimensions meet specifications. The Tool Grinder sets up and operates grinding or polishing machines to grind metal work pieces such as dies, parts, and tools. The Tool Grinder removes finished work pieces from machines and places them in boxes or on racks; set aside pieces that are defective.
The Tool Grinder files or finishes surfaces of work pieces, using prescribed hand tools. The Tool Grinder selects and mounts grinding wheels on machines, according to specifications, using hand tools and applying knowledge of abrasives and grinding procedures. The Tool Grinder performs basic maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating machine parts.
The Tool Grinder removes and replaces worn or broken machine parts, using hand tools. The Tool Grinder computes numbers, widths, and angles of cutting tools, micrometers, scales, and gauges, and adjusts tools to produce specified cuts.
High School and 6 years Operate surface grinders Bushing Fabrication All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Tool & Cutter Grinder Operator - All Shifts - Relocation To Texas
ISCAR METALS, INC., a dynamic and innovative cutting tool company has opening for a Tool & Cutter Grinder Operators - all shifts at our Arlington, Texas facility. If relocating, relocation package & sign on bonus available for the right individual.
1st shift: 7:00am – 3:30pm
2nd shift: 3:00pm – 11:30pm
3rd shift: 11:00am – 7:30pm
Responsible for setting up and operating the ANCA tool grinders for the production of solid carbide cutting tools. Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the ANCA machines to ensure production efficiency.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Setup and operate ANCA Tool Grinders
- Setup and operate Zoller Genius 4
- Dress wheels using Rush dressing unit
- Conduct “in-process” inspections and first article inspections in the absence of QA inspectors
- Perform other duties as assigned
 Setup includes, but is not limited to, selecting wheels, programming, selecting and installing fixtures.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience setting up and operating tool and cutter grinders
- Ability to read and interpret production drawings
- Ability to use precision metrology equipment
- Basic computer skills
- Must have ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Diplomacy and ability to function as a member in a team environment
 Metrology equipment includes, but is not limited to, tool presetters, height gages, micrometers, calipers and Zoller.
BENEFITS WE OFFER
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick time
- Life and Disability Insurance
Visit us www.iscarmetals.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
ISCAR METALS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, non-job related handicap or disability, sex, marital status, liability service in the armed forces of the United States, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Celebrating 65 years of Innovation, Iscar is a full- line ISO 9001, QS-9000, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified manufacturer and supplier of precision carbide metalworking tools. As a result of its high quality and original products, this multinational company is a world leader in supplying metal removal products to major industries, including automotive, aerospace, dies and mold and a variety of mass production industries. Iscar continues to provide the most economical solutions for the metalworking industry. Iscar is currently represented in over 60 countries worldwide.
Iscar's growth continues as a result of innovation and providing its customers with the very latest, most efficient metal cutting technology in the world.
Our USA Headquarters, located in Arlington, Texas, houses our national distribution, customer service and special tooling manufacturing centers. Our technical center for seminars and demonstrations is also located on this campus where we frequently conduct new product and specialty seminars.
Iscar promotes creative thinking and productive teamwork to achieve its business objectives within todays competitive market place. Come join our team, where innovation never stops and job satisfaction is our goal. Iscar provides a full compensation package.
Visit us www.iscarmetals.com
Iscar Metals is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Die Cutter Operator - Foil Stamp
WestRock / Multi Packaging Solutions, is a leading, global, provider of value-added specialty packaging, is seeking a Die Cutter - Foil Stamp Operator to work in our Indianapolis, IN, Plant. Ourcustomersare among the most recognized brands in the world.
If it’s time for change, or if you are ready for the next big step in your career, then apply at www.westrock.com/careers GENERAL PURPOSE: Operate and run foil stamper to fill orders. Act as lead to machine helpers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Operates and runs Ijima foil stamper for value added cartons. Makes ready machine to approvable standard with little to no
Cutter Operator - Graveyard Shift
Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
- Sheet-fed offset print
- Dynamic digital print
- Full service bindery and assembly
- Online Solutions
- Wide Format
- Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
- Packaging Design
- Marketing promotions
Position: Bindery Operator - Cutter
FLSA Status: Non-ExemptDepartment:
Location/Shift: Burlingame, CA / Graveyard Shift (10:00 PM - 6:30 AM) or
DayShift (6:30 AM - 2:00 PM)
The Cutter Operator is responsible for operating cutting machines, producing high quality printing jobs, to meet customer and company expectations, in a cost-effective manner while meeting strict deadlines.
Minimum 3-5 years’ experience operating a cutter (experience with Saber cutters preferred) in a commercial printing environment
Job Duties and General Expectations:
- Excellent eye for detail
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Communicate effectively with manufacturing personnel
- Have a minimum knowledge of computers (knowledge of PSI and/or Prestige is a plus)
- Keep accurate and complete daily records for data collection
- Meet company and departmental standards, including: Customer Requirements, Compliance, Safety, Quality, etc.
- Follow Lahlouh ISO Quality Procedures and Work Instructions, and complete forms and checklists as necessary
- Follow Lahlouh policies outlined in the company handbook
- Work overtime and weekends, as business needs dictate
- Perform other duties as required
- Attend department and company meetings
- Assist in training new and temporary employees
Position Specific Skills & Competencies:
- Follow team leader instructions for Bindery processes
- Ability to cut a variety of jobs, including business cards
- Ability to assist with special projects, including step books and crossovers
- Perform daily, monthly and quarterly maintenance on cutting machines
- Keep jobs and production floor clean and organized
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to push/pull loaded pallet jacks and/or rolling carts
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly and 75 pounds on occasion
- Communicate any job specifics, issues or other pertinent information regarding jobs to the next shift, if necessary
High school graduate/GED
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
* Sheet-fed offset print * Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
* Dynamic digital print * Packaging Design
* Mailing * Marketing promotions
* Full service bindery and assembly * Promotions
* Online Solutions * Wide Format
Die Cutter Operator
(Shift: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday thru Friday)
Southeastern Paperboard, Inc. is one of the largest and most diverse independent paperboard converters in the U.S. and is headquartered in Greenville, SC. Our company employs a team of dedicated, motivated, and highly-trained individuals. We maintain state-of-the-art equipment and uphold the highest standards of cleanliness and efficiency.
We are growing! Our employees enjoy competitive pay, benefits, a stable work environment, consistent work hours, upward growth opportunity and a workplace where safety is top priority.
We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, STD and LTD, Life Insurance, 401k and Profiting Sharing, Paid Vacation, and Holidays.
As a Die Cutter Machine Operator at Southeastern Paperboard, Inc., you will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for the performance of manual tasks in the set up, maintenance, and operation of die cut equipment to accurately produce to customer specifications.
- General knowledge and understanding of die cutting processes and equipment
- Read job tickets to determine setup specifications and instructions
- Observe and monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed
- Follow all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department
- Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintain production throughout the run
- Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule
- Follow instructions accurately
- Maintain records of daily production, using specified forms
- Record production information such as amount of time spent on specific tasks
- Keeps work area neat and clean
- Open machines and remove/replace damaged product, using hand tools
- Train workers to set up, operate and use machines
- Daily/weekly/monthly maintenance and troubleshooting
- Assist Die Cut Pressmen with make-readies
- Coordinate efforts as part of the team to provide assistance to all co-workers (in all departments) as needed to maximize production efficiencies
- Follow established department policies, procedures, work instructions and safety and environmental guidelines
- Performs other job duties as assigned
- Must have a high school diploma or a G.E.D.
- Knowledge of Bobst die cutting equipment, rotary die cutter, and web fed rolls preferred.
- Experience running board stock and paper on web-fed flatbed die cutters required.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading and math test.
- Must have basic computer skills and data entry.
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including additions, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to use pre-make ready table.
- Demonstrates ability to use rulers, calipers, micrometers and other inspection equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of size and location when beginning the nicking process.
Founded in 1978 by Peek and Jim Owen, Southeastern Paperboard, Inc. is one of the largest and most diverse independent paperboard converters in the U.S. Headquartered in Greenville, SC, we convert more than 5,500 tons of paperboard roll stock into end-use packaging products per month for an assorted selection of clients. Our company employs a team of dedicated, motivated, and highly-trained individuals. We maintain state-of-the-art equipment and uphold the highest standards of cleanliness and efficiency. Our customers are located throughout the U.S. as well as the world, and we've achieved one of the highest client retention rates in the industry.
And throughout the variety of products and customers, locations and languages that we experience on a daily basis, our core strength remains today what it has been throughout our more than 30 years in operation: to provide our customers with the very BEST products and services.
At Southeastern Paperboard we recognize that every client is unique with their own individual set of needs, regulations, procedures and, most importantly, deadlines. Our customer service team is dedicated to learning all the ins and outs of your company to make our partnership as seamless as possible. We can maintain your inventory on our site and we keep more than 25,000 tons of paperboard roll stock in inventory at all times, in order to quickly turn around on-demand orders.
Southeastern Paperboard is a company of solutions, not excuses. We utilize our diverse knowledge of paperboard grades, coatings, production methods and industry trends to continually offer new solutions to our customers that help to reduce costs and cut packaging use. And we maintain a full in-house fleet of tractor trailers to ensure on time delivery, secured and sealed trailers and helpful drivers to assist with your needs.
Because its all made from trees a completely renewable source, paper-based packaging is inherently one of the most sustainable materials available. Southeastern Paperboard looks to enhance the sustainability of our products throughout every step of the life cycle. From offering recyclable and repulpable solutions, to offering tailored recycling solutions to our customers, to buying and reprocessing damaged bulk paper, our services help our customers, our communities and the world at large.
Die Cutter Operator
Responsible for set up, operation, good quality and troubleshooting of roll-fed and sheet-fed die cutter machines
Verify docket information is correct and properly fill out paper work
Confirm rolls/loads to die cut match docket information
Confirm job docket contains and pallets WIP tickets
Make sure retains and folds are done correctly for every pallet dropped, grab hand full of each die position to visualize any cutting defect
Must be willing to work rotating day/night shifts and weekends (8-12 hours per shift)
Working knowledge of the set up, adjustment, procedures, capabilities and limitations of equipment to perform the full range of cutting of printed materials to complete a finished product or blank stock. Familiarity with different paper weights, sizes and kinds so as to be able to identify paper conditions. Familiarity with basic mathematics (i.e. decimals, metric units) to understand dimensional requirements contained in job orders. Ability to use the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the cutter. Ability to read and interpret written work which indicates the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided.
With more than 52,000 customers and 42,000 employees across the globe, RRD offers a comprehensive portfolio of capabilities, experience and scale that enables organizations around the world to effectively create, manage, deliver and optimize their multichannel communications.
From digital to print, creative development to fulfillment and logistics, we augment tactics with consultative expertise. We produce streamlined solutions that maximize your communications spend while focusing on new targeted channels and opportunities to rebuild your communications strategy.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!