Flaker Operator Job Description Sample
Flaker Operator A
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific is hiring Flaker Operators to join the team at our OSB facility in Fordyce, AR. Flaker Operators will safely and effectively perform periodic maintenance routines to identify and correct mechanical defects before they fail. As a Flaker Operator you are also responsible for using hand tools and changing the blades on the equipment as needed and must have the ability to pay careful attention to details. Successful employees will have opportunities to advance into new positions as they become available. Georgia-Pacific employees are self-motivated and have a commitment to attendance excellence and punctuality. If this role interests you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Georgia-Pacific in Fordyce, AR manufactures Oriented Strand Board (OSB) structural panels of compressed wood used in housing construction and remodeling. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Communicating upset conditions and applying corrective measures in the equipment before problems escalate
- Reading technical manuals to understand equipment and controls
- Cleaning and lubricating equipment or machinery
- Performing periodic preventive maintenance routines to identify and correct mechanical defects before they fail (PM), preventive maintenance.
- Calibrate and maintain components and instruments according to manufacturer’s specifications
- Performing minor machinery repairs
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) year of experience or more working in a manufacturing, military or industrial environment
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts, holidays, weekends and overtime as necessary
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
- Experience working with hand tools, power tools, precision measuring and testing instruments
- Must be able to interpret process, instrumentation and technical drawings.
- Experience working with computers for record keeping and documentation functions
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Two (2) year of experience or more working in a manufacturing or industrial environment or in a comparable environment such as; military, farming, agriculture, carpentry, construction or warehousing
- Experience performing preventative maintenance schedules (PMS) in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Experience operating production equipment or large industrial equipment
- Experience working with mechanical processes
- Experience performing mathematical calculations on a regular basis.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Printer Operator /Print Press Operator /Print Press Setup Operator
Printer Operator /Print Press Operator /Print Press Setup Operator We are actively seeking for a talented, polished and professional Printer Operator /Print Press Operator /Print Press Setup Operator with one of our technology client in Atlanta, Georgia. JOB DETAILS:
Atlanta, Georgia Industry: Technology Client Required level of education: Minimum High School Diploma Duration: 10 - 12 Months (Possible temp to hire) Pay Rate: $13.50/hr; W2 Details: Operate digital and color equipment as required Possesses skills and competencies to deliver contracted customer requirements Point of contact to receive, review and electronically log customer jobs Operate standard finishing equipment (e.g. paper
Printer Operator /Print Press Operator /Print Press Setup Operator
Printer Operator /Print Press Operator /Print Press Setup Operator
We are actively seeking for a talented, polished and professional Printer Operator /Print Press Operator /Print Press Setup Operator with one of our technology client in
Scranton, Pennsylvania .
Industry: Technology Client
Required level of education: Minimum High School Diploma
Duration: 10 - 12+ Months (Possible temp to hire)
Rate: $14.72/hr; W2
- Experience in Print Press operation and Mailroom operation is highly preferred.
- Operate digital and color equipment as required
- Possesses skills and competencies to deliver contracted customer requirements
- Point of contact to receive, review and electronically log customer jobs
- Operate standard finishing equipment (e.g. paper cutters, inserter, laminating, and hole punchers)
- Operate office/production equipment (printer, copier, fax, scan)
- Apply asset tags to office equipment and update database
- Track and coordinate the move, add or change of office equipment assets at customer accounts
- Process basic forms and update information using a PC Collect and submit meter reads
- Respond to print /copy equipment issues by contacting service personnel using specific PC applications
- Operate high volume printers and copiers as required
- Operate high volume folding and inserting mail equipment
Able to demonstrate computer skills Functional knowledge of PC (keyboard functions, mouse, etc.) Able to demonstrate Intermediate use of: MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Web, Internet, and Intranet -- Create spreadsheets -- Use standard formulas -- Sort -- Filter, and create graphs -- Import/export information -- Embed files into applications -- Move data between Word and Excel Able to demonstrate ability to use / locate devices (drives, files, printers) attached to network Able to demonstrate ability to send and receive emails , find, open and save documents and files, perform data entry Able to demonstrate ability to use internet explorer for web browsing , send documents to preconfigured printer. Able to demonstrate basic math skills (division, multiplication, percentages) Able to demonstrate business maturity and professionalism.
United States Rock Springs: Operator Assistant I To Service Operator I - Frac/Acid
United States Rock Springs: Operator Assistant I to Service Operator I - Frac/Acid
Feb 13, 2018
Location: Rock Springs, WY, US, 82901 We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers.
Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry. Under strict supervision, learns basic safety and repair procedures on PSL equipment using the I Learn competency process defined for this job role. Learns basic operations to include but not limited to: (1) performing pre/post job equipment inspections, (2) performing and completing preventative maintenance procedures, (3) maintaining support equipment (i.e., pumps, treating lines etc.). Completes requisite training (essential math, essential red book, safety training, etc.) following I Learn's career development system processes.
Assists in the clean up, repair, and preparation for a job. May be asked to assist during the rigging up and down of service line equipment at the wellsite. Error is readily ascertainable by the supervisor and can be corrected.
Skills are acquired by completing the career development requirements in I Learn's competency management system for Operator Assistant I. Must have successfully passed company tests and met competency Task Lists requirements. The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations is required.
Reading comprehension and writing skills are required. Basic computer skills are preferred. Licensure to drive commercial vehicles is required.
Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable health, safety and environmental procedures and regulations. Promotes and takes an active part in quality improvement processes. This is the entry level position into the Service Operator job family. Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location 1801 Blairtown Road, Rock Springs, Wyoming, 82901, United States
Requisition Number: 47569
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Product Service Line:
Production Enhancement Full Time / Part Time:
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation Information Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Nearest Major Market:
Job Segment: Equipment Operator, Manufacturing
2Nd Shift Web Operator 6/C Web Operator
About WestRock About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace.
WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com . 2nd Shift Web Operator 6/C Web Operator- Lansing, MI 5800 West Grand River Ave Lansing, Michigan, 48906 United States
GENERAL PURPOSE : To manufacture printed and non-printed forms on a 6 color rotary web press.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS : Sets-up and operates the printing press to manufacture forms and insert orders. Provides base run orders for inventory for future imprinting, custom orders.
Verifies quality of printed and non-printed product coming off of press, such as color match, quantity and printing defects. Acts as last quality check before bindery. Instructs and oversees press helper duties.
Completes all necessary paperwork for job, such as timesheets, quality status cards, paper transactions, etc. Performs scheduled preventive and other maintenance as needed. Keeps work area clean and organized according to 5S.
Complies with all SOP’s and GMP’s. Performs other job duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS : Must have at least 2 years Offset printing experience-- web offset preferred.Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.Must pass color vision test.Must pass color hue test.Must have basic computer skills (email, word processing, etc.)Must be able to maintain good attendance.Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.Must be reliable and dependable.Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. #MI WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce:
Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:Sets-up and operates the printing press to manufacture forms and insert orders.Provides base run orders for inventory for future imprinting, custom orders.Verifies quality of printed and non-printed product coming off of press, such as color match, quantity and printing defects.Acts as last quality check before bindery.Instructs and oversees press helper duties.Completes all necessary paperwork for job, such as timesheets, quality status cards, paper transactions, etc.Performs scheduled preventive and other maintenance as needed.Keeps work area clean and organized according to 5S.Complies with all SOP’s and GMP’s.Performs other job duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:Must have at least 2 years Offset printing experience-- web offset preferred.Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.Must pass color vision test.Must pass color hue test.Must have basic computer skills (email, word processing, etc.)Must be able to maintain good attendance.Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.Must be reliable and dependable.Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.#MIWestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce:
Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans. Production/Manufacturing WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. 2nd Shift Web Operator 6/C Web Operator
Turret Set Up / Operator Brake Or Press Set Up / Operator
- Setup/program CNC turret OR brake press to perform operations in appropriate order to machine parts to specifications following routings, job tickets and blueprints.
- Operate turret or brake presses to form, bend, punch and notch.
- Inspect/check product in accordance with procedures using gauges and measuring tools to ensure print specifications and quality standards are maintained.
- Timely and accurate completion of required paperwork on inspection and operations (job tickets, scrap and daily production records etc).
- Stack and move material as required.
- Make adjustments to machines to maintain dimensional specifications and rework parts as necessary.
- Replace worn or broken tools.
- Comply with safe operations (machine guarding, proper operation of machinery for safe operation, etc.).
- Train and assist operator as needed on difficult jobs or unusual work instructions and to adjust or re-set work.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures in including safety and attendance requirements.
- Maintain meet or exceed rating on all performance evaluations.
- Participate in activities to improve overall departmental processes and product quality.
- Other duties required to meet company needs as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Knowledge and
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Must possess reading/writing and communicate in English.
- Use micrometers, depth gauges, verniers, layout tools and various hand tools.
- Shop Math.
- Ability to stand and/or walk and use hands 100% of the workday.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and/or twist 50% of the workday.
- Ability to exert physical force to push, pull, lift, and/or carry 50 pounds occasionally.
Crane Operator With Chicago Crane Operator License
Mobil crane operator with valid CDL license and City of Chicago Crane License needed .
Minimum five years of experience as crane operator a must
Discount Roofing Materials is located at 2700 n Pulaski ave,Chiago Il
Water Reclamation Operator / Operator Trainee
Water Reclamation Operator/Operator Trainee
Interested candidates MUST apply through our online site. Please go to www.gcwsd.com/employment and click on the “Apply Here” icon to go to our online application site.
The candidate will be responsible for the operation of the water reclamation facilities. Other duties include, but not limited to, performing lab tests and maintaining records and logs.
Operator position requires a SC Class “B” Biological Wastewater Treatment license. Operator Trainee position requires a bachelor’s degree in an environmental science field and the ability to obtain a SC Class “B” Biological Wastewater Treatment license within one year of employment. Class “A” CDL with tanker endorsement desired.
We offer an excellent benefit package including state health/dental and state retirement. For more detailed information, please check our website at www.gcwsd.com/employment.
Machine Operator / Production Operator
Now hiring 1st and 2nd shift at $11 hr to start
The Company offers a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k), 10 paid holidays, paid vacation and personal days. Manufacture of silicone-based sealants, adhesives and lubrication products, plus PVC foam materials, for a wide range of applications.. Currently, we are experiencing growth in our PVC Foam and Silicone Sealants and Adhesives divisions. Openings exist for experienced talent for 1st and 2nd shift production opportunities.
- Experienced Mixers (5+ years’ experience)
- Machine Operators
- Packaging Operators
- Quality Control Technician (5+ years ‘experience)
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength 15 lbs to 40 lbs lifting
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
Experienced Flexo Press Operator And/Or Press Operator Apprentice
Prime Package & Label Co., LLC (an equal opportunity employer and established label printing company) is looking to hire an experienced press operator.
401K, health and dental insurance, paid vacations and holidays.
Please provide resume.
Prime Package & Label’s mission is to create customer loyalty by providing complete customer satisfaction through 100% on time delivery of top quality labels at the lowest cost. We will accomplish this goal through continuous improvement in the areas of quality, product development, productivity, safety, waste reduction and customer focus.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!