Flame Hardening Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Heat Treat Induction Hardening Operator
Superior Group is in search of a Heat Treat Induction Hardening Operator for our client in Hudson, WI This role would require candidates to perform the following job responsibilities: Set up equipment, gather and record test results, section parts and evaluate induction hardened hardness, case depth and pattern.
Evaluate drawings for the proper selection of tooling (inductors and quench hardware), and writing programs/recipes for induction hardening. Hardness testing. Review and approve induction hardened production samples against manufacturing quality standards and engineering drawings.
Liaison with manufacturing, engineering and technical staff. Work with all levels of the company to maximize productivity as
CNC Flame Cutter
Main responsibilities are to use a oxyfuel CNC flame cutting machine with a Burny control.
Additional responsibilities -
- loading steel onto machine to be cut
- helping unload steel deliveries, moving large plates of steel from the truck to where it is stored
- using a forklift and overhead cranes to move larger pieces of steel
- unloading cut pieces
Must be able to use a tape measure accurately
Welding experience is a huge bonus
Regional Sales Manager Gas And Flame Detection
Regional Sales Manager Gas and Flame Detection Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity Manage all aspects of engagements with existing and new customers for our organization. You will build relationships and understand customer business in order to provide appropriate products or solutions. You will define sales and growth strategy toward key customers while aligning with critical sales business objectives. You will identify opportunities and build credibility with customers Utilize your product knowledge to deliver the value proposition to the customers. 50% overnight travel. Territory to include: Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Wisconsin, North Dakota and South Dakota. Increase overall performance of the organization by creating strong customer relationships and new customer partnerships within your organization Develop and maximize Honeywell presence and market share in designated accounts and territory Drive continuous improvement and lead change in a premiere Sales Organization 20 Identify Opportunities 20 Manage and Plan Accounts 20 Negotiate and Close 20 Articulate and Deliver Value Proposition 20 Manage Momentum Through the Sales Cycle
YOU MUST HAVE
High School Diploma / GED ### WE VALUE
Some experience in the field + Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience + Experience selling within gas and flame detection
Significant experience in a Sales/Account Management related field + Excellent communication skills
Ability to influence at varying levels across the organization
Ability to handle multiple priorities and navigate in a highly matrixed environment Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development + 1st Shift + Extensive Travel Required
Job ID: HRD17465
Location: 405 Barclay Blvd, Lincolnshire, IL 60069 USA Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status. For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster . Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy . If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged. Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.
Autodesk Flame Engineer
Flame support / pipeline integration:
• Day-to-day support of Flame/Flare/Flame Assist systems (eg. putting out fires and forming solutions/troubleshooting under pressure)
• Maintain archiving of systems and keep framestores clean and at-the-ready for any large jobs that may suddenly appear. Work with assists to maintain framestores.
• Keeping systems up-to-date with updates, system maintenance, scripts etc, plug-ins
• Look for improvements that can be made to current Flame system/network configurations
• Setup and maintain Shotgun integration w/ facility
• Work with artists and supes to help find solutions to integrating Flame Department into Nuke and CG pipelines more effectively
• Be able to assist with other pipeline/engineering tasks if there is down-time
- 5+ years of hands on engineering experience with Autodesk Flame.
- understanding of VFX advertising pipeline
- Previous engineering support experience with Smoke is bonus.
- 5+ years of systems administration experience with Linux/Windows environment.
- automation, bash, puppet scripting experience is highly desired bonus.
- understanding of post video delivery standard and formats.
System Hardening Analyst
Raytheon Blackbird Technologies is looking for an experienced cyber System Hardening Analyst who will join the security team of a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network. Responsibilities will include:
Work within the CISO team to promote best network security engineering practices supporting this network while focusing on cyber device hardening. Disabling unwanted SUID and SGID Binaries Ensuring operating systems are up to date, especially security patches and uses security extensions Manages Ports, Protocols and Services on assigned systems Investigates suspicious activity on assigned servers Enforces secure password management practices Identifies and disables unnecessary software or processes Research problems and recommend solutions to improve system security posture Drive policies and compliance in supporting the CISO. Contribute information technology hardening knowledge in improving the security architecture Harden information technology systems per U.S.
Government and commercial industry best practices Must have at minimum 4+ years of relevant work experience The position requires U.S. Person status or a Non-U.S. Person be eligible to obtain Authorization.
Desired Skills: Experience with cyber security development projects and programs for U.S.
Government and/or commercial clients Experience with process development and deployment Experience with and knowledge of network, security and IT best practices Experience with NIST-800 (Series) - specifically NIST 800-123, DoD STIGS Familiarity with Data Encryption for secure communications Experience removing unnecessary software on servers.
Experience with SSH Hardening Excellent writing skills Required Education: Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Engineering, Science, or a related field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
Desired Certifications: DODI 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level II; CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH), CISM, CRISC, GCIA, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CSLC 109957 Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Machine Operator Level 1
Model Shop- Union Position
Equipment: Kerns Lasers, CNC machines, Beam Saw, Panel Saw, Edge Bander, Buffing, Flame Polish
* Day or Swing Shift available
· Must be able to read/understand basic blueprints. (Part#, revisions, material call out etc.
· Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
· Must have mastic measurement skills (read tape measure, use calipers)
· Must be able to stand on your feet for full shift (8-10hours)
· Must be willing to work overtime (8-10 hrs) , nightshift and weekends
Must be able to lift 50 pounds
CNC Machine Operator
Must have CNC Machine Operating Experience!
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To setup, operate, load and unload CNC machines to produce parts that will achieve optimum quality and efficiency levels while meeting the requirements of the engineering design.
DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Interprets and understand simple and complex part drawings.
- Uses precision measuring tools such as micrometers, verniers, scales, protractors, compass, height gage, dial indicators, etc.
- Uses machine control codes, computers, and part nesting, DNC links, and file transfers to produce parts.
- Utilizes machine control capabilities to make simple part programs, prove out programs and edit programs as a normal part of the setup and operation of CNC machines and related equipment.
- Performs normal operator maintenance as prescribed by equipment builder to include the replacement of consumable materials and parts.
- Performs multiple activities simultaneously, organizes work, and takes corrective action in response to error messages and/or process interruptions.
- Diagnoses machine problems.
- Assumes leadership role and takes responsibility for overall performance of equipment.
- Meets production standards by monitoring machine performance to include managing run time and quality standards.
- Very proficient at performing oxy/fuel flame and plasma cutting, part layout, inspection, hole drilling and punching to include an understanding of speed and feed rates.
- Reads, understands and follows guidelines set forth by MPs and blueprints when performing assigned work.
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in our company!
Manufacturing - Machine Operator - Plastics Machine Operator - Molding
Job Title: Operator
Location: Delano, MN
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
The employees in this position are responsible for the overall operations of the machine and the manufacturing of good quality parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and operates molding machine in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to meet scrap and production goals.
- Ensures quality of parts coming off machine.
- Reads and follows the molding process sheets, correcting any errors immediately, in writing, to their supervisor or lead person.
- Continually communicates with their lead person, maintenance, quality control and/or supervisor whenever they have questions or need assistance regarding any of the requirements of their job.
- Keeps their work area clean and organized. Places all parts to be trimmed in crates or on pallets.
- Fills out production reporting paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Keeps productive materials appropriately stocked.
- Communicates effectively with prior and subsequent shifts.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by Solar Plastics.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or other members of management.
(The essential duties and responsibilities will have been satisfactorily completed when the following are demonstrated) Note: This only pertains to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position and is not all inclusive of the entire performance evaluation process. Acceptable performance is based on first time quality of molded parts, machine productivity and work area cleanliness and organization.
Copier/Scanner/Fax, Computer, Phone System, Welding Equipment, Lathe and Mill Operation, Hand and Power Tools, Forklift, Ladders
- understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- understand problems, collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- communicate with individuals face to face; requires ability to hear and speak effectively.
- express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately and quickly.
- orally and in writing, communicate technical information.
- add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy
- be able to see and hear 8+ hours per day.
- have visual acuity to perform activities such as running production machines, etc.
- possess good manual and finger dexterity (working with small bolts, nuts, screws, adding inserts, flushing out parts, flaming parts, etc.).
- sit, stand and walk up to 8+ hours per day.
- work at a rapid speed, twist, bend, push, pull, carry, stoop, reach and grasp 8+ hours per day for activities such as working on equipment, making repairs, etc.
- work in confined, tight spaces. Requires continuous finger movement and keyboard usage for carrying and using equipment, tools, etc. Extensive wrist movement is required.
- lift 50+ pounds, unaided on a regular basis. (hoists are available and should be used for parts and molds that exceed this weight level).
- use hand tools.(i.e, power drills, hammers, routers, etc).
- Exposed to heat, cold and potential internal temperature changes up to 8+ hours per day. Exposed to outside working environment when salvaging parts, roof and grounds work. Exposed to solvents when part cleaning, acids/corrosives when cleaning floor, dust, dirt, fumes/vapors/gases from plastics processes, ovens and propane tanks.
This position works independently 8+ hours per day and occasionally works directly with others. Must be able to work the hours/shift required. Ability to work additional hours, as needed to accommodate issues that may arise in the 24-hour operation.
This position exists in a production and shop environment, with occasional need to enter the office.
Personal Protection Equipment
- Eye safety glasses necessary to enter production area.Hearing protection must be worn when excessive noise is present on the production floor and in the shop.
Solar Plastics, LLC provides employees with a wide variety of benefits that include:
Life, AD&D & Dependent Life Insurance
Long-Term and Short-term Disability
Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan with Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Plan
Automatic Payroll Deposit Availability
Security Engineer - AD Hardening
This position is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets through data security analysis, incident response and investigation of violations, and consultation during system development, acquisition and implementation.
#1 - Active Directory Hardening, provisioning - have a deep Microsoft security background.
Can participate in security planning and strategy.
Responsibilities: : Define and lead programs that support and align with a cloud based online service strategy and engineering requirements for evolving information security services, mechanisms, and safeguards.
: Lead the development and implementation of security policies and procedures, control standards, and operational practices.
: Partnering with engineering, program management and operations personnel within the service delivery organization to implement changes to process and technology.
: Developing metrics that demonstrate current risk state, indicators of progress, and business alignment for those activities.
: Lead the on-going operational security assessment and measurement of information security risk objectively and consistently.
: Analyzing threats and current security controls to identify gaps in current defensive posture.
: Identify appropriate technology/data sources and drive the collection of data necessary to effectively evaluate threats.
Qualifications: : 5+ years' professional experience in cloud-based or online services security engineering, or service engineering.
: 5+ years' experience in cloud-based or online services Compliance related activity : 5+ years' experience in Program Management, creating a security framework, SIRRP process and forensic handling methods : 4+ years' experience creating a reusable security framework working with Corporate security and broader corporate programs : Has worked or been part of an online service compliance team for more than 5+ years and has completed more than 2 annual audit cycles.
: Demonstrated critical thinking skills; familiar with tools for structured decision making.
: Able to form working relationships and drive alignment with diverse stakeholders.
: Excellent written and oral communication skills; can effectively communicate complex technical concepts.
: Able to drive multiple parallel projects in different phases at the same time, and has been involved in at least 3 Cloud-based/online services scale projects : 5+ or more years' experience in working on large-scale online cloud based services.
: Experience and understanding of cyber security in one or more of the following disciplines: network engineering, Windows Server, SQL Server, Active Directory, public key infrastructure, web applications.
: Preferred to have certifications in one or more of the following disciplines preferred:
CISSP, networking, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, information security.
: Familiarity with MOF or ITIL preferred.
: BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or a related field or equivalent experience is preferred.
Are you available?
Please send your most current resume to Please reference JO #AS13422 Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at To download our FREE Mobile Apps "MBG Jobs", visit
Applications Engineer - Gas And Flame Detection, 3M Personal Safety Division (Ca/Or/Tx)
3M is seeking an Application Engineer for the Personal Safety Division. The position may be located remotely in the United States.
The person hired for the position of Application Engineer will be responsible for providing customer facing sales and technical expertise to Americas based customers, distributors, 3M personnel, and new product development teams primarily for 3M’s Personal Safety Division (PSD) focused specifically on fixed and portable gas and flame detection products. Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Sales and technical service and support of 3M PSD customers, distributors, marketing, sales and service representatives of fixed and portable gas and flame detection equipment, systems and accessories.
Develop relationships with key accounts, key opinion leaders and relevant trade associations.
Work to increase awareness for fixed and portable gas and flame detection equipment and solutions.
Support other aspects of the product line including training and education, customer and distributor support and support of Americas regional and local technical service personnel.
Conduct industry presentations, seminars, technical conference presentations on applications that require gas and flame detection equipment, systems and accessories, proper use and maintenance.
Develop, implement and review educational materials including written articles, webinars, seminars, videos, posters, datasheets, and technical data bulletins.
Identify and communicate new applications.
Provide input to product development teams including proper use scenarios and communicating customers’ needs.
Work with internal sales and external sales channels to provide customer facing sales support of fixed and portable gas and flame detection product and system applications and sales opportunities.
Assist and work with internal sales and external sales channels to provide sales support and product training.
- Other duties as assigned. For additional information, please visit: www.mmm.com/ppesafety
Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or Occupational Safety, from an accredited university
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Technical sales support with fixed and portable gas and flame detection products, systems and accessories or occupational health and safety experience
- Current, valid drivers license is required, as this role will be provided a company fleet vehicle.
Bachelor degree or higher in Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Safety or Environmental and Occupational Health.
Professional certification in engineering or safety.
Five years’ customer facing experience working in fixed and portable gas and flame detection products, systems and accessories or an environmental health and safety profession.
Strong interpersonal skills and be proficient at oral and written communications, including presenting to large groups
Customer-focused self-starter who can effectively work in a fast paced environment, with an appropriate sense of urgency.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!