Flavor Extractor Job Description Sample
Hemp Co2 Extractor & Hemp Grower
We are a new hemp agricultural company looking for someone experienced with using a Co2 Extraction machine. Also, looking for a grower expierenced with growing hemp.
The manufacturer of our Co2 extraction machine is Accudyne and the model we have is XHU-116. We have lots of product to process so we are in need of help right away.
Senior Scientist, Flavor Research - Erlanger, KY
Job Title: Senior Scientist, Flavor Research - Erlanger, KY
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 32,000 employees serving customers in more than 160 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 250 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 38 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com Senior Scientist – Flavor Research – Erlanger, KY
This is a full time, exempt position
Senior Scientist in Flavor Research is a position within the Flavor Research group of the Research and Development department at WILD Flavors & Specialty Ingredients division of Archer Daniel Midlands (ADM)
The Flavor Research program includes research in all aspects of flavor science, creating new flavor knowhow, discovery and creation of new natural flavor materials, developing production processes, implementing new technology, researching flavor encapsulation and flavor release, and development of natural taste modulation ingredients and solutions + The position has two primary focusses; performing flavor research and providing analytical support to flavor creation
We are specifically looking for an individual with a solid foundation in flavor chemistry and strong flavor research background with a focus on flavor extraction, olfactometry and GC-MS analysis.
The Senior Scientist in Flavor Research will be responsible for the design, execution and management of new flavor discovery research projects in close collaboration with flavorists, sensory scientists and other R&D personnel
Develop flavor extraction, isolation, separation, characterization procedures to identify key flavor contributors in complex flavor systems
The position will be instrumental in developing a science driven understanding of aroma drivers of specific flavor profiles and flavor liking in consumer products
Engage flavor creation team with olfactometry capability to drive flavor creation, matching, and aroma quality investigations
Support flavor creation with flavor analytical services (identification and quantification) in partnership with existing analytical team members
Aid in the development of commercially-viable flavor material prototypes for evaluation by flavor creation and applications teams
Additional duties of the position may eventually include leading other scientists and technicians, managing external research collaborations, and technical engagement with customers.
The position will require some travel, including international travel. . Job Description (Continued):
The ideal candidate would have an advanced degree (preferably a PhD) in food chemistry, analytical chemistry or related discipline, with five to ten years industry experience in a flavor research environment
Proven track record in foundational research, data analysis and problem-solving ability for complex systems is required
Ability to communicate research outcomes to our customer base through verbal presentations and written publications and in doing so demonstrate our flavor competency
Ability to leverage scientific insights to create or elevate business value is a must
Strong analytical skills and working knowledge of sensory science and statistical data analysis is required
Good time management, ability to prioritize tasks in a fast paced, tight deadline job environment
Excellent personal skills to manage the demands of multiple stakeholders.
Physical Demands: If applicable.Employees in this position working at this location are exposed to various potential chemical and food allergens due to the nature of our business and the requirements of the job. If there is any reason such exposure would interfere with your ability to perform this role or work at the location, please notify the hiring manager. Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance. ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check. ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.
State: KY - Kentucky
Ref ID: #LI-DNP
EEO: Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veterans
Flavor Specialist- Brecksville, OH Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking a Flavor Specialist for one of our top clients in Brecksville, OH. This is a direct hire position! The Flavor Specialist is in charge of developing the flavor management system that supports the company’s global flavor initiatives while also coordinating implementation of strategic flavor projects locally.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
• Bringing technical and sensory support to NPD; including training developers • Developing and optimizing flavor database and all flavor related information in SAP and other systems • Coordinate strategic flavor projects according to the global company strategy (matching, harmonization, portfolio management, legislation compliance, procurement analysis) • Organize local sensory tests for NPD developments and ongoing flavor projects; including but not limited to results analysis and conclusion. • Manage Laboratory Flavor stocks • Report flavor savings in the ADDICT database • Monthly coordinate Flavor Status Management process to guarantee the maintenance of all flavors and continuously work on optimization • Report globally internal flavor communication; including trends, legislation, NPD tools • Manages Favor For Flavor (FFF) database and is responsible for the relevant processes for AFUS • Support NPDs to fulfill customer’s briefings via flavor selection
• Bachelor of Science in Food or Sensory Sciences, Chemistry or related field. Master of Sensory Science a plus • 5+ years in the food industry. • Sensory or flavor experience a plus Professional Know How/Experience: • Strong organizational, project management and time management skills • Strong interpersonal and communication skills • Knowledge of computer systems; Windows, Microsoft Office and SAP • Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines • Knowledge of food safety rules and regulations
? With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance.
We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year. You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Flavor Operator (3Rd Shift(
Title: Flavor Operator (3rd shift(
Location: United States-Ohio-Ashland
Job Number: 18149 Job Summary The Flavor Operator, under the general supervision, is responsible for the safe, efficient and continuous operation of appropriate seasoning coverage on product. Essential Job Duties
Monitors and replenishes seasoning and/or toppings on overhead to ensure proper seasoning coverage on product.
Properly plans ahead for product/seasoning changeovers to efficiently change from one product item to another.
Keeps tumblers/scales and work areas clean, wipes equipment down in accordance to the allergen program.
Prepares tumblers/machines for re-work of product.
Immediately reports any equipment problems to the maintenance team.
If qualified, operates machinery if necessary.
Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal protection.
Stores supplies in designated areas.
Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstruction; removes trash from work area floor.
Follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes and weights; identifies/reports issues with equipment; reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
Works with QA to ensure product is in specification.
Participates in sensory testing.
Mandatory overtime may be required.
May perform other duties as required. Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Candidate must be comfortable communicating to team members and management staff.
Candidate will be trained and must be able to perform all job functions within the department at any given time.
Prerequisite: Complete training and any applicable examinations. Education and Experience High School Diploma or GED; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Professional Licenses or Certifications Where applicable, Forklift Certification obtained. Travel Required Minimal travel may be required. Job: Manufacturing EEO Disclosure: Snyder’s-Lance is an Equal Opportunity Employer- Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories
Manager, Flavor & Fragrance (R&D)
Manager, Flavor & Fragrance (R&D)
Brand: Estée Lauder Companies Corporate Departments
Retaining, recruiting, orienting, and training employees.
Perform and/or assist in various phases of R&D, including fragrance coding and specifications, formulation, innovation and quality activities.
Provide oversight and direction to the employees within the Fragrance Excellence Center in accordance with ELC policies and procedures with input from the ED of the FEC
Plan and allocate resources to effectively staff and accomplish the work to meet the FEC personal and business goals.
Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
Communicate and collaborate with other managers, director, executive director, and vice president within the organization.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
The Manager in the Fragrance Excellence Center will be responsible for retaining, recruiting, orienting, and training employees. The R&D Manager within the Fragrance Excellence Center will perform and/or assist in various phases of R&D, including fragrance coding and specifications, formulation, innovation and quality activities. The R&D Manager will provide oversight and direction to the employees within the Fragrance Excellence Center in accordance with ELC policies and procedures with input from the ED of the Fragrance Excellence Center. The Manager will plan and allocate resources to effectively staff and accomplish the work to meet the Fragrance Excellence Centers personal and business goals. This individual will coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities. Communicate and collaborate with other managers, director, executive director, and vice president within the organization. Provide periodical updates and reports to leadership team tracking the strategic goals accomplishments and other Fragrance Excellence Center activities. Manage the preparation and updating of internal and external reports and presentations related to the activity within the Fragrance Excellence Center. The Manager will be responsible for inputting into the strategic plan of the team by gathering pertinent business, financial, service and operations information. 1. Delivers projects, ensuring alignment with business needs & calendar. Builds organizational talent & capability through coaching, mentoring & administration of staff. (30%)
Leads multi-functional project or related Program activities. Creates project milestones, defines stakeholder & resource requirements & ensures alignment with business needs & calendar
Manages priorities & work of teams, ensuring appropriate resourcing in place to deliver Programs. 2. Responsible for overseeing technical work eg by category, brand or product. Leads larger or cross discipline teams, manages priorities & work of teams - planning & assigning work, integrating learnings into project. (30%)
Proactively identifies & manages technical Program challenges & risks for greatest agility & excellence.
Builds collaborative relationships to drive business initiatives by accomplishing results through the management of staff & collaboration with R&D colleagues & multi-functional partners. 3. Values managerial work - coaching, mentoring & participating in management of their teams – PDP, career planning etc. (40%)
Trains, develops & improves performance of employees by coaching, on-going feedback & assignment matching.
Identifies staffing needs – opportunities & gaps. Works with management to agree plan to address. Contributes to evaluations & recommends advancement for individuals within team.
Mentors staff exploring DCP options eg Sir Scientist / Sir Engineer / Sir Designer.
Track training & resource requirements for teams manage. Ability to strategically review & analyse information to determine business impact. Prepare action plan, plausible solution & timeline.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Science
Experience: 7 years’ experience in R&D, 0-2 yrs Management Experience preferred
Lead large cross function programs for R&D/Product Development
Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
Experience coaching, mentoring & participating in management of their teams – PDP, career planning
Strong collaboration skills. Skilled individual contributor demonstrating collaboration with internal and external partners
Research & Development
Primary Location: Americas-US-NY-Melville
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Number: 178268
Flavor Production Specialist
Combining raw materials in the proper proportions according to established formula requirements.
· Master procedures necessary for measuring and combining exact type and amount of raw material per specific formulas for daily production assignments.
· Assist with inquiries and technical support requests by other departments.
· Master SSOPs necessary for cleaning and sanitizing the production equipment.
· Ability to measure, weigh, make, and test soap and sanitizer solutions.
· Thoroughly clean work area and utensils in a manner consistent with inspection criteria.
· Assist in training new production employees or temporary employees in the production area.
· Prepare equipment by setting controls weigh and load raw materials into the mixers.
· Produces product by mixing raw materials; monitoring and adjusting the mixing process.
· Maintain quality standard by verifying weights and contents of raw materials; conduction in-process batch inspections; and documenting all process events.
· Master the necessary procedures to submit samples to QC or independent verifiers of quality.
· Maintain operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
· Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Follow safety guidelines and manufacturing instructions.
· Have the flexibility to work in either location and/or either shift with little notice.
At Edlong, we are constantly impressing customers by helping their development teams create delicious products that people enjoy consuming. Nothing is too much trouble for us since we put our customers first every time. Food manufacturers around the world seek us out as the dairy flavors expert, delivering authentic taste, innovation and value. We develop products for beverages, salty and sweet snacks, soups, sauces, dips, desserts, cookies, bakery goods and a lot more. For one hundred years, Edlong has remained hugely passionate about producing flavors that replicate a real dairy taste. Every year we aspire to become better at what we do in order to deliver ‘first to market products’ that are not only on trend, but also ‘trend setting’. Visit our website at www.edlong.com to learn more about us.
Flavor Lab Technician & Project Coordinator
The selected applicant will be trained in 3 areas:
1) Flavor Creation 2) Quality Control 3) Project Coordination.
Lab responsibilities include:
· Compounding flavors and finished product formulas
· Maintain clean and organized laboratory
· Prepare samples for shipment
· Setup tasting sessions
Quality Control responsibilities include:
· Perform routine quality analysis
· Small Instrument operation, calibration, and maintenance
· Learn to read and understand SOP’s
· Learn to read and understand chemical SDS
· Learn SOP’s, GMP’s and HACCP protocols
Project Coordinator responsibilities include:
· Facilitate customer sample projects
· Fill sample bottles
· Box and ship sample projects
· Track and maintain information on a database
· Willing to work safely with chemicals
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment
· Able to properly communicate and document work
· Have strong communication and organizational skills
· Team Oriented
· Ensure that work is completed in a timely and efficient manner
· Have strong computer skills
This position has immense room for growth should you choose to become a flavor chemist since you will be working directly for a certified, senior flavor chemist.
Account Manager- Pure Flavor
Pure Flavor is expanding to Peach County, GA and we are looking to add an Account Manager for the U.S. southeast region to our team. The position will be based in Georgia.
This position will work directly on developing and maintaining new retail, foodservice and wholesale accounts that coincide with the company’s strategic short term and long term goals. Duties would include but are not limited to monthly, quarterly and annual business reviews and goal setting. Developing and conducting sales presentations to new and existing customers, attending trade shows and representing the company in other industry functions and managing pricing and margin goals based on the company’s strategic planning. This outgoing & energetic individual is not only resourceful but also thinks quickly on their feet and can network with the right people to get the job done.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Develop and obtain business targets through directories, cold calls, internet research and industry trade shows
Develop, plan, attend and lead company presentations to new and existing customers
Analyze sales performance goals and create initiatives to achieve those goals by month, quarter, and/or year
Manage entire sales account process; order entry, product allocation, logistics and delivery confirmation
Achieve an established goal of increased sales targets by customer and/or region
Maintain the highest level of customer service and communication setting customer ad lids, and contract pricing
Must have strong market awareness and ability to make quick decisions
Product commodity management, understanding trends in volumes and pricing throughout season, allocating orders accurately
Market driven intelligence regarding competitive pricing, products and packaging innovation and customer demographics
Responsible that account receivables are timely and accurate
High focus on cost reduction and efficiency
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in produce and/or agricultural sales
Superior interpersonal and analytical skills, with AD planning experience
Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills; ability to manage a number of projects/multi-task with daily competing priorities and staggered deadlines
Positive attitude, hardworking, self-motivated, honest, good decision maker, and level headed
Experience in internet based programs such as EDI, Retail Link, Food Link, I-Trade
Ability to work in a high stress and fast-paced environment, with strong attention to detail
Excellent established relationships with retail and wholesale customers
Cold call sales development, with a strong character of relentless pursuit
Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP and the PrimusGFS program
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Monthly travel to either industry trade shows or customer visits
- Possibly some international travel
- Valid Passport
College diploma or University degree in Business Administration, Communications or similar, preferred
Sample Technician, Flavor Creation
Allen Flavors, Inc. is looking for a Sample Technician, Flavor Creation!
Great work environment and training opportunities!
Allen Flavors, Inc. is a flavor formulation and ingredient supply-company currently is seeking a Sample Technician within, Flavor Creation. This position will work to compound flavors for all products and projects for each of our customers.
Sample Technician, Flavor Creation
This position requires knowledge of working in a laboratory with the goal of selecting, compounding and preparing finished flavor samples to clients based on internal and external customer requests.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurate compounding of finished flavors
- Understanding of flavor legislation
- Precise weighing and safe handling of flavor materials
- Selection of appropriate flavors in response to client requests
- Coordinate documentation and records of samples send to customers.
- Record lot numbers for sampling through company system
- Support effective flavor selection practices to insure formula stability, scale-up, cost parameters, availability and manufacturing
- Interact with customer service to request information needed to fulfill requests
- Develop and maintain strong interdisciplinary relationships with Product Development, QC and Manufacturing
- Organize and execute required project work in a flexible, fast paced environment
- Communicate results, project updates and other information to staff, supervisor and customer service as necessary
- Works with Flavorists and our Product Development team to help build and maintain a dynamic flavor library
- Work independently with little direction or supervision on sample projects
- Assist with onboarding of new hires by training on company’s systems re: GP, Vicinity and etc.
- Understand and implement Company Certified programs such as HACCP, NSF, SQF, Food Defense and Food Safety and Food Quality programs as required
- Maintain a positive and action oriented attitude with both internal and external clients.
- Assist is other areas as requested
High School diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science or a related field preferred.
1- 2 years preferred
- Good math skills
- Attention to detail, neat and organized
- Lab safety and proper lab documentation required
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Word and Excel
- Comfort with flavor laboratory instrumentation
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills
- Must be a problem-solver committed to improving efficiency
- Must be a team player
Allen Flavors, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are seeking a flavor chemist with over 10 years of experience creating flavors from flavor ingredients currently available worldwide. Must be strong in sweet/fruit flavors - namely berries, tropical, super fruits - and in unique non-characterizing flavors for use in food and beverage industries. Knowledge in savory a definite plus. Ability to create ethnic flavors and pair flavors together to create an impact on our customers. Must be well versed in keeping ahead of the trends and continuing to source the newest unique flavor ingredients available.
Excellent communication skills are a must, with the ability to talk to top customers to determine real needs and convert the concept discussed into a tangible flavor that works and sells.
Knowledge of US, EU, Asian, and/or South American regulations strongly desired. Knowledge of regulations of specific countries and regions worldwide also desirable.
Must be able to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish the task at hand. We are seeking a competitive, driven, motivated individual who can step into our company and begin to produce immediately without disrupting the current system in place.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!