Floor Covering Layer Job Description Sample
Floor Covering Sales Rep - #6246 Raleigh/Durham, NC
* Proven record of high performance.
* Develops positive relationships with others to better accomplish work goals.
* Effectively builds personal relationships with customers by understanding and supporting their business.
* Clearly conveys information and ideas to others in a manner that helps them understand and retain the message.
* Establishes a specific sales growth plan consistent with territory and District mission. Uses appropriate interpersonal, communication and organizational skills to execute the sales plan and to grow market share.
* Presents proposals effectively to individuals or groups; delivers presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the customer.
* Effectively reaches mutually satisfactory solutions with customers from negotiations that strengthen the business relationship.
* Actively provides leadership to individuals and groups to help them move toward action and improvement.
* Makes good decisions; effectively chooses a course of action to address issues that is consistent with available facts and constraints.
* Effectively manages time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently and performance goals are met.
* Possesses a mastery of relevant product knowledge, marketplace dynamics and trends in the coatings industry.
* Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility for individual performance and results.
* Demonstrates honesty and the ability to avoid what is wrong and stand up for what is right.
* Maintains effectiveness when experiencing changes in work and adjusts effectively to new work processes, situations and requirements.
* Collect reliable customer/territory information and estimate individual customer potential.
* Conduct competitive product comparisons and identify current competitors’ strengths and weaknesses and S-W’s competitive advantage.
* Complete and present a territory SherPlan, make revisions and updates, as necessary, throughout the year.
* Develop a strategy to grow sales & profits to key, opportunity, new and existing customers and identify items or product categories that require specific attention in support of this strategy.
* Maintain a discipline in pre-call planning daily and monthly activity to ensure time is maximized and the territory SherPlan is being executed. Conduct sales calls accordingly, occasionally in conjunction with servicing Store/Branch Manager. Customers may include professional Architectural and Design Specification Community.
* After each call, evaluate your performance and outline the specific next steps to build the relationship.
* Use SherCall and the Call Calendar to note specifics
* Determine where customer is in the overall Sales Process and what steps are necessary to move the process along.
* Conduct product demos to support your solution with the customer.
* Obtain information necessary to open a new account and communicate to credit office.
* Access product/technical information to support customers’ application requirements.
* Complete expense reports on a timely basis.
* Identify sources of sales leads and follow through on leads provided by store/branch personnel as appropriate.
* Coordinate lead information and sales calls with Professional Coating Sales Reps or Floorcovering Reps.
* Understand servicing store/branch’s strengths and weaknesses and communicate effectively with staff members to ensure that commitments made are within the store’s capabilities.
* Identify potential opportunities/issues and work with Store/Branch Manager to support positive outcome.
* Handle customer complaints within lines of authority and manage process to resolution.
* Identify ways to deepen the business relationship with your customers.
*Must be familiar with the proper, handling, storing, labeling, cleaning up spills, disposing of and filing all paperwork associated with hazardous material/waste.
* Assist Store/Branch Manager in resolution of product supply problems.
* Conduct customer surveys.
* Assist in servicing stores/branches’ physical inventory.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Employee will spend approximately 50% of the day driving, 20% sitting and 30% walking or standing.
* Employee must be able to drive a car or van since this position requires traveling to customers’ offices and job sites.
* Employee may be required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 100 lbs. on occasion.
* High school education or equivalent is required. Prefer a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
* Ability to work all scheduled hours as needed.
* Employee must have a valid driver’s license.
* If usage of employee's own vehicle is required, employee must obtain appropriate insurance as defined by Corporate Policy.
Floor Covering Installer
Install all types of floor coverings for our customers.
Installer - Floor Covering / Apprentices
CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR COMMERCIAL FLOOR INSTALLERS TO WORK IN THE GREATER PORTLAND AREA.
- WOULD PREFER JOURNEYMAN TO BE SKILLED IN ALL CARPETS AND SHEET VINYLS, VCT ECT.
- ALSO LOOKING FOR RESPONSIBLE HARD WORKING APPRENTICES EAGER TO LEARN A TRADE IN COMMERCIAL FLOOR COVERING.
- WE TEND TO WORK A FAIR AMOUNT OF OVERTIME SO IF YOU LIKE WORKING AND MAKING MONEY THIS COULD BE A GREAT FIT.
- Must have valid Driver's License and own vehicle.
Commercial Flooring Installer - Resilient Floor Covering Installation
Must Have Commercial Flooring Experience
We are a currently looking for someone that has commercial flooring installation experience in carpet, vinyl, laminate, tile flooring, heat and cold welding. We primarily work within Oregon & Washington. If you have an interested in working for a business built around providing clients with quality installation in a timely fashion and great customer service, please call us at 360-896-1152.
Responsibilities, Skills and Qualities
- In-depth knowledge of assigned product
- Must be reliable and show up on time
- Must have a dependable vehicle
- Must have all or most necessary tools to perform proper installations
- Must be able to effective and professionally communicate with our customers
- At least two years experience (less experience may be considered for right candidate)
- Coordinate installation with superintendents or on-site managers
- After work is completed some projects require photos, signed service requests
- Report time weekly and communicate with project managers on job progress
- Paid Every Week
- Pay Based on Experience
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay for Full-Time Employees
- 401 K contribution
- Send a resume with your cover letter of why you are the right person for the job.
We strive to be the leader in innovating the way people buy flooring online or over the phone.
Our dedicated staff of flooring experts provide customers with a wide variety of options and recommendations to fit their flooring needs. At Floor City we specialize in commercial grade vinyl flooring and resilient floor coverings. If you're looking for high-quality durable floors for a commercial or residential space, we've got you covered. Our goal is to provide a premium flooring product at an affordable price.
Our nationwide network of flooring distributors allow us to provide low prices, local pickup options and fast delivery.
When you place an order online or by phone, we quickly determine the best shipping rates, pickup options or alternative products to help you get the job done right. Many of our warehouse partners have the floors you need in-stock or can transfer them from a distribution center in 1-3 business days. Contractors, businesses and homeowners chose us for reliability, product knowledge and trust that if something goes wrong, we'll be there to help.
Floor Covering Retail Sales And Design Associate
If you have a passion for people with a flair for design, then Bay View Flooring in Traverse City, MI is the place for you! Come join our professional sales team in our new 12,000 sqft state of the art showroom!
Expand your career potential with a locally owned and operated business. Our Sales and Design Associates earn a customer's trust as the design expert by educating and partnering with them. Our training will ensure you gain expertise and extensive knowledge of the flooring industry. Our goal is to help you become the go-to person when someone thinks of flooring.
As a Sales Design Associate with Bay View Flooring you will:
• Greet customer on the sales floor with decorating and design advice
• Assist customers with flooring choices - explaining the features and benefits of various types of flooring.
• Keep up-to-date on the wide selection of floors we have to offer along with the benefits and warranties provided by each.
• Write sales orders
• Network regularly with contractors and designers
• Receive payment or obtain credit authorization
• Research merchandise availability and process orders
• Follow up in a timely and professional manner with customers on all requests or concerns
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Bay View Flooring associates are offered:
• Salary $60,000/year (based on experience) plus commission
• Full Benefits, 401-K, Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation
• Retail Floor Covering sales experience preferred
• Design background or color appreciation preferred
• Ability to connect and develop relationships
How to Apply:
Please reply to Kathy through Zip Recruiter.
• Include an up-to-date resume outlining your experience for the position
• A cover letter is always appreciated
• Salary history and/or requirements
We kindly ask for no phone calls to our store as a means to further your application process. Please do not personally deliver resumes to the store. These efforts will not enhance you opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you kindly in advance for your adherence to this request.
Candidates who meet out selection criteria will be contacted by e-mail or phone for the next step in our hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.
Retail Floor Covering Sales Associate 177
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with an incredible company, we have the job for you! Benchmarkinc Recruiting is the top recruiting company in the Floor Covering industry and we are looking for a Flooring Sales Associate for a wonderful Flooring Retailer in the greater Portland Maine area.
For over 30 years they have worked with customers to assist in all their Flooring needs. They are one of the most respected Flooring companies in the greater Portland area and need a dynamic, polished, and service-oriented Sales Associate to identify customer needs, present appropriate solutions, and execute sales strategies.
Compensation & Benefits:
· Potential to earn $80,000+ through wages and bonuses
· Assist retail customers with their flooring needs
· Recommend and provide advice on products based on individual requirements
· Explain the use and advantage of products to customers
· Complete measurements to determine best type and amount of materials required
· Prepare and present accurate quotes to customers either in home or in store
· Advise customers on utilization and care of merchandise
· Provide an exceptional customer experience through a consultative sales process
· Build lasting relationships with customers by contacting them to follow up on purchases
· Enter and track customer interactions in software system
· Actively manage quotes and pending files to close transactions
· Consistently seek product knowledge to act as an expert for the customer
· Work as a team player to ensure each customer receives the best service possible
· Perform daily showroom maintenance tasks including maintaining the cleanliness and attractive appearance of our showrooms
· 2+ year experience working in a retail environment
· Flooring Covering sales experience preferred but not required
· Very Tech savvy and working proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and database applications
· Proficient in basic math & drawing skills
· Proven, successful sales track record
· Proven ability in creating, relating & maintaining client relationships
· Analytical approach to solving challenges
· Proactive, service-oriented, motivated and goal driven
· Demonstrates attention to detail
· Excellent analytical, presentation and communication skills (oral & written)
· Excellent organization skills including ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Ability to positively and proactively handle customer concerns and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
We particularly encourage applications from candidates whose race, national origin, sex, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or physical disability will contribute to our diversity.
You can trust us when it comes to finding you a job within these industries; we’ve been there and done that!
Don’t believe us?
We have placed over 4,000 candidates with our clients throughout the United States and Canada and have seen it all when it comes to recruiting!
When you work with us, we have your back! If you have the skills, history and personality, we won’t stop until we find that perfect job for you with one of our clients!
Last but not least, we are a fun, energetic environment with a great staff that is tough, experienced and always willing to help you out!
Floor Covering Estimator
Commercial Floor Covering Estimator or Construction Estimating. Hard Surface, Carpet, Resilient, Wood, General interior finish trades.
Floor Covering Installer
experience with carpet, vinyl, vct and wood flooring. Must have experience with hand tools.
Must have valid drivers license, vehicle insurance, reliable transportation.
Must be able to pass a criminial history background check.
Good work ethic and willingness to learn are important attributes.
Full time opportunity available, will consider part time or college students.
This is a hourly job, subcontractors do not reply.
Please provide work experience and contact information for reply.
Please provide brief work history.
Retail Floor Covering Sales
Provide and / or follow up on leads. Provide solutions to clients flooring needs.
Retail Floor Covering Sales Representative
Looking for an EXPERIENCED, friendly, helpful, individual to join our team selling floor covering products to residential and commercial customers. Hands-on training will be provided by current employee who is retiring.
Reliable transportation and valid driver's license is required. Please Note: This is a 100% commission-based job opportunity (monthly draw). Attendance at community meetings and/or member-based networking organizations may be required.
You will be responsible for conducting your own on-site measures. The successful candidate will provide excellent customer service to new and existing client base performing sales activities in-person and over the telephone. You will be responsible for assisting clients
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!