Flour Blender Job Description Sample
Utility Machine Operator Flour
Utility Machine Operator Flour
Posted Date 2/7/2018
Back To Search
54628449 Nights Operatives Portland IN Mexican Original Portland Plnt 47371 #
Pay Type non-exempt
Position ID 11213610
Employment Type FULL-TIME - - - #
Description This position is responsible for operating machinery to ensure the continuous flow of product thru the production process and insuring proper ingredients supplies are being used on the line. Responsible for monitoring and adjusting machine settings as needed and notifying supervisor if machines should require maintenance while maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to Tyson policies and procedures. #
Tasks This position must be able to perform all jobs and operate all machines in the Flour department. This position is responsible for tasks such as monitoring the press blender bagger, making adjustments as needed, reporting any issues to the supervisor or lead and to fill out various log sheets.
This position is required to follow all Tyson safety rules and to complete Lock Out Tag Out Training. This position will be exposed on a routine basis to warm temperatures ranging from 65-90 degrees, wet and or humid conditions, slippery floors in some areas, and concrete floors. This position also may be exposed to air borne particles, and a noise level loud enough to require hearing protection. This position will require walking, bending, standing, and lifting up to 50lbs on a frequent basis. #
Requirements Must have a minimum of 6 months of operator experience. Must have 1 year continuous work history with a single employer in the past 3 years to be considered. Must not have been terminated from a previous employer for attendance or job abandonment. Must not have been employed by Tyson Foods in the last 3 years to be eligible for hire. Must be available to work overtime and weekends. - - - Tyson Foods, Inc. voluntarily participates in the E-Verify system and uses all tools made available by the federal government to confirm the employment eligibility of all team members. Persons offered employment with Tyson Foods are required to provide documentation proving their employment eligibility, and all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the E-Verify process. What is E-Verify (English)
EEO is the Law (English)
Right to Work (English)
EEO is the Law Supplemental (English)
Pay Transparency Policy Statement (English)
(Español) All Tyson Team Members are responsible for safety. This includes but is not limited to personal safety and food safety.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Flour Mills Bagger Operator
Potential to make $40,000+ in your first year!
Operators will palletize 50-55 lb. bags of finished product.
Candidates should be able to lift 50-55 lbs.
Candidates must be organized to be able to operate multiple baggers at once.
Candidates should possess at least average math skills.
Mechanical ability is beneficial.
Wisconsin Spice, Inc. offers a complete benefit package including Health, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance. We also off a company matching 401k program, year end profit sharing and both quarterly and annual attendance bonuses up to $2500.
Flour Loader- Hudson, NY
Job Title: Flour Loader- Hudson, NY
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world.
Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 32,000 employees serving customers in more than 160 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 250 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 38 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com . Flour Loader – Hudson, NY This is an hourly level position.
· This position will work in bulk loading operations · This position will require the employee to operate equipment to bin product and load trailers. · Must work safely on top of a bulk trailer using appropriate fall protection · This position requires the employee to follow a schedule to ensure the orders are loaded by the correct departure time.
· This position will require the operator to work outside in all weather conditions · Basic problem solving and mechanical aptitude skills are a plus · The company will provide training for all necessary programs and requirements. · Reliable transportation to and from work on all shifts and weekends · Ability to rotate shifts, and will be required to work some weekends · Ability to stand and walk continuously for 8-12 hours if necessary · Ability to climb stairs and ladders · Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds/23 kilograms · Ability to direct other employees in proper safety, food safety, and sanitation procedures · Must be willing to learn about and operate all equipment in the bulk house · Willing to follow all safety and food safety rules and procedures Relocation assistance is not available with this position. This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen/medical questionnaire and a background check. ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.
State: NY - New York
Ref ID: #LI-DNP
EEO: Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veterans
Milling Manager - Flour And Corn Mill
Job Title: Manufacturing: Milling and
Elevator Manager (Relocation Available)
Responsible for effectively managing all aspects of the milling process in the Denton plant, and meeting business expectations. Responsible for overall mill condition, including fumigation, scheduling of critical equipment preventive maintenance (sifter inspections, etc.), ongoing mill maintenance, and verification/implementation of systems to ensure food safety and quality.
· Oversee Milling Process, including equipment (rollstands/sifters/tempering/other), grain (origin/quality/specs/receiving), personnel (assessment/training/development), and data analysis (yield calculation/inventory management/quality specs, ash)
· Champion Safety training and awareness of Mill and Elevator team, and follow all safety policies and guidelines.
· Facilitate milling updates with site leadership team, addressing current inventory (quantity, quality, type, corn, incoming), quality (flour/wheat/corn) and capacity (by mill, CWT/day, excess/deficit projection)
· Project Participation
o Identification/justification/documentation of needs/CER
o Support implementation/startup
o Review Impact / CER Rationalization
o Facilitate annual calendars
o Collaborate with Sanitation, Production, Safety, Quality, and Fumigation Team
· Ongoing Mill Maintenance
o Review PM structure/effectiveness/frequency with maintenance department.
o Insure accurate completion of mill MSS
· Overall Mill Condition
o Dust control//Audit readiness/Infrastructureimprovements/Safety concerns
· Must be able to effectively work as part of the Morrison Milling Team.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree (Milling Science Degree is Highly preferred)
· Or equivalent experience as determined by C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc.
· A minimum of five years successful experience as a supervisor/manager in a mill setting is required.
· Successful Milling Manager experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Advanced knowledge and understanding of HACCP, GMPs and AIB.
· Demonstrated leadership/management and team building skills to effectively supervise professional and non-professional staff. (if applicable)
· Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
· Knowledge and understanding of all relevant federal and state laws, regulations, and operating guidelines.
· Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as required.
· Must have effective computer skills, able to interface with PCs, and understand all software packages specifically used by C.H. Guenther (Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.)
· Ability to be objective in assessment, feedback and change
· Must have good analytical and reasoning skills.
· Must be able to interpret and apply all technical literature necessary to support job requirements.
· Must be knowledgeable of all regulatory policies as they apply to C.H. Guenther.
· Must have and demonstrate strong initiative to improve the overall functions of the mill.
· Work requires supervising, assigning and managing work performance through the assistance of other supervisors or administrators, and through the use of data, including making decisions on hiring and disciplinary actions, evaluating program/work objectives and effectiveness, and realigning work and staffing assignments, as needed.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
· Work involves daily exposure to unusual elements, such as dirt, dust, fumes, extreme temperatures, humidity, darkness, and/or noise
· Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks, such as working around mechanical, chemical, and electrical hazards
· Position requires the ability to stand; sit at a desk; walking around office and plant; lifting and carrying packages up to 50 pounds; utilizing fine dexterity; and reaching, kneeling, crawling and twisting to inspect equipment. Also requires the ability to see; hear; and communicate by utilizing professional etiquette with all levels of associates and with external vendors
· Personal protective equipment, as defined by C.H. Guenther and Son, will be provided
· Will demonstrate, promote and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in People, Quality and Growth.
· Deliver results in Key Performance Measures as outlined by the Company and the Director or Operations. These include:
o Cost (Material usage, Labor, Operating supplies, etc)
o Quality (Customer Complaint Index, First Pass Holds, Internal and External audits)
o Safety (IFR, LTIFR, Safety committee involvement, other Safety initiatives)
o Service (Production Uptime, On time delivery, etc.)
o People (Timely resolution of issues, turnover, absenteeism)
· Implement cost savings and productivity improvements as well as manage the continuous improvement process.
We will demonstrate high integrity, a commitment to excellence, and a positive attitude in all that we do. We are results driven, lead by example, communicate openly and honestly, value diversity and foster long-term relationships. We offer extremely competitive compensation and benefit programs that include medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K savings plan, and more. For additional information about our company, go to www.chg.com.
Machine Operator, Blender 1St & 2Nd Shif
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.Essential Job Functions:Ability to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for position
Ability to read, write and comprehend EnglishExcellent communication skills
Must be well organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
Ability to work individually as well as with others as a team at all levels
Ability to perform intermediate math functions in English (addition, subtraction, division, fractions)Basic knowledge of computers
Ability to push or pull up to 50 lbs. repetitively
Ability to weigh-up ingredients
Job Duties:Obtain all required paperwork for shift (e.g., scale verification, batch blend, time blend)Check pipes and doors for loose parts
Dry condensation in blend room when necessary
Sanitize equipment as necessary
Review requisition and batch sheets to ensure all items and quantities received are correct
Perform scale audits and complete batch checklist
Measure and blend ingredients into sauce according to batch sheet instructions
Monitor blending process
Clean machine parts, tools, utensils and work area ensuring good housekeeping and 5S standards are met
Complete all required paperwork and document critical data
May perform general labor duties as assigned
May perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:Knowledge of GMP's and food allergens
Ability to be LOTO CertifiedAbility to identify Critical Control Points (CCP)Knowledge of the 5S concept
Ability to work with pork, chicken, beef and shellfish products in addition to many other ingredients and allergens
Education: High school diploma or GED preferred.Experience: Minimum 3 months production or related experience preferred.Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Midlothian, TX
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. We offer an exciting work atmosphere and opportunities for professional development. At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, paid vacation and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. Employee engagement is not just something we talk about at Chemtrade, but fulfilled through exciting programs like Employee Recognition and Rewards (CHEers!), and Chemtrade University.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction amongst employees within and throughout different departments and locations. We treat our employees with fairness and equity. We value diversity, recognize the benefits of an inclusive work environment and pride ourselves on our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees and the communities we work in through Responsible Care®.
Chemtrade is one of the world’s largest suppliers of sulphuric acid, liquid sulphur dioxide (SO2) and sodium hydrosulphite (SHS), and a leading processor of spent sulphuric acid. Chemtrade is also a leading regional supplier of sulphur and sodium chlorate, one of only two North American producers of phosphorous pentasulphide and also produces zinc oxide and water treatment chemicals. Chemtrade obtains these products from its own production facilities and through long-term marketing services agreements and distributes them to customers around the world. In January 2014, Chemtrade acquired General Chemical, a leader in water chemicals with nearly 50 North American production facilities. Chemtrade manufactures a broad line of organic and inorganic chemicals for a wide variety of industries and applications. Our products include aluminum sulfate, aluminum chlorohydrate, and ferric sulfate for water treatment applications. We stand behind our products with solid technical support. We are one of the leading producers across every business we service.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Duties include but are not limited to packaging, blending and quality inspection at the Midlothian Site. Responsible for ensuring all related SOP's and plant rules pertaining to GMP, safety, operating procedures, and personal conduct are followed. The incumbent will help maintain an effective Food Safety and Quality System and support its ongoing improvement, and be committed to producing quality, safe and legal products that meet or exceed our customer’s specifications and comply with all applicable legislative and regulatory requirements. Shift rotation is required.
- Follow and/or maintain GFSI Global Food Safety Certification (SQF).
- Follow all GMP rules and help coach others to comply with GMP rules as necessary.
- Monitor potassium chloride as it is packaged or blended to ensure contamination is not present.
- Ensure potassium chloride is packaged and blended per SOP's.
- Stock the packaging and blending rooms with appropriate supplies as necessary for potassium chloride packaging and blending.
- Utilize a computer system as needed for department specific electronic data collection.
- Responsible for maintaining housekeeping in the packaging, blending, warehouse, and grounds areas.
- Responsible for notifying the department supervisor and/or shift foreman of any packaging issues.
- Performs all duties necessary to prepare areas for initiating the manufacturing process including screen changes on mechanical separators.
- Assists with maintenance of equipment as required.
- Participates in and completes all required training.
- Completes packaging and blending log sheets as required.
- Inspects lots as directed by the department supervisor or designee.
- Inspector follows all required GMP procedures, SOP's and safety rules.
- Duties include but are not limited to individual drum inspection, changing labels, dumping drums, placing drums on pallets, drum weighing and filling out inspection reports.
- Ensures that the chicklet (potash) supply, rework, and empty drum supply is adequate as per SOP's.
- Duties also include, but are not limited to conveying pallets of packaged materials to the appropriate storage locations, and completing the KCI Raw Material Feed Report.
- Hopper Operator follows all required GMP procedures, SOP's and safety rules.
- Must be able to complete packaging, blending, and inspection logs neatly per SOP’s
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Good communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Must be able to read, understand, and follow operating and safety procedures.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong mathematical abilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- May need to climb, pull self upward, kneel, stoop, crawl, crouch or balance on unstable surfaces.
- Work requires standing and/or walking for extended periods on a regular basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be fit and able to wear Respirator and Rain Gear with other safety equipment.
- Must be able to work in the outdoor elements including cold, heat and humidity.
- Safety is a job requirement
Must be able to perform under the following conditions:
- Work in awkward or confining workspaces.
- Work in elevated places.
- Work in outdoor environment.
- Work in noisy environment.
- Work in areas that are dusty and have some odor from chemicals and etc.
- Work safely at all times.
- Able to work in Adverse Weather Conditions.
Chemtrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.
Chemtrade operates a diversified business providing industrial chemicals and services to customers in North America and around the world. Chemtrade is one of North America’s largest suppliers of sulphuric acid, inorganic coagulants for water treatment, liquid sulphur dioxide, sodium nitrite and sodium hydrosulphite. Chemtrade is a leading North American processor of spent acid as well as a leading regional supplier of sulphur, sodium chlorate, phosphorus pentasulphide, and zinc oxide. Additionally, Chemtrade provides industrial services such as processing hydrogen sulphide and other by-products and waste streams.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction amongst employees within and throughout different departments. We treat our employees with fairness and equity – to date our unionized workforce has never had service interruptions or work stoppages. We value diversity, recognize the benefits of an inclusive work environment and pride ourselves on our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees and the regions we work in through Responsible Care®.
Hard working and dedicated, friendly and enthusiastic with a strong desire to learn, our employees develop with the technological advancements of the operating environment.
With diversity in their roles and through the creation of new positions, Chemtrade employees operate in cross-functional teams, learning from others who are as passionate about their careers and the contributions they make.
In addition to a great work atmosphere and opportunities for professional development, we give our employees the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. Our employees also receive company and position-specific training.
Total rewards can play an important role in the decision to join a company. At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, paid vacation and disability benefits along with an Employee and Family Assistance Program. Excellent base pay and bonus programs, retirement plans, and life insurance help contribute to financial security.
Our total rewards package, combined with a challenging, stimulating work environment, makes Chemtrade a great place to work.
Blender / Batcher
A leading beverage manufacturing company in the Inland Empire is seeking a Batcher / Process Technician with experience in the beverage industry. Must be willing to work ANY SHIFT. Current position is for 3rd shift (10:00 pm-6:30 am).
Responsible for the mixing, standardizing and pasteurizing all juice and drink products blended per customer’s specifications. Process technicians are also responsible for the proper operation, cleaning and troubleshooting of the heat processing equipment – including all related documentation.
• Using prepared batch sheets, accurately measure and blend ingredients per processing guidelines to meet finished product specifications.
• Standardize and adjust batches as needed by the addition of water, sweetener, acid, or other ingredients to meet the customer’s specifications.
• Be aware of the time / temperature profiles as they relate to product quality and customer specifications. Understanding the difference between high acid and acidified juice processing requirements.
• Maintain each pasteurizer chart per SOP. Ensure all markings are made in a legible manner.
• Transport, stage, and handle ingredients in a food grade manner that ensures the absence of contamination or spoilage. When usage results in a remaining partial container of ingredient, that partial container will be managed according to SOP to ensure the absence of spoilage, contamination, or tampering.
• Responsible for the sanitation and security of the batch tanks, supply line, processing units and ingredient handling equipment and the general sanitation of the and the immediate environmental area. When the batch deck is to be left unattended, any batch-in-process must be secured from possible tampering.
• The batcher is responsible for maintaining the process within the control limits established by specification and for performing TQM that verifies the process is in control.
• Proper storage of all pasteurized and unpasteurized products – including the support of support proper rotation of raw materials in accordance with company policy.
• Accurately weigh and prepare all dry-mix ingredients.
• Accurately complete all necessary paperwork.
Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
Production, hot/cold environment, noisy, safety equipment usage
Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens including ability to focus and visually monitor multiple quality assurance items on a continuous basis
Requires frequent bending, reaching, use hands, standing, walking, squatting and sitting, handle or feel, regularly throughout the work day. Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds without assistance
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 2+ years experience in blending dry/wet products following detailed recipes
Computer/Software: MSN Office Suite
Other: Good mechanical ability; detail oriented; analytical & problem solving skills
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. EEO/AA. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
Blender Operator - Days - North Plant
Description Weighing and measuring ingredients. Adding powder to the blenders, setting up and making batches, monitoring inventory, cleaning, and other duties as assigned. Primary responsibilities include:
Completes and enters inventory information in to Oracle for end-of-run reconciliation and researches any inventory discrepancies.
Exhibits strong individual responsibility towards the delivery of team metrics relating to Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
Manually adds ingredients to liquid in lanco blender.
Cleans, dismantles, and reassembles equipment. Performs environmental cleaning within the blender room, including floor drains.
Responsible for adhering to all safe work procedures and practices of safety, and proactively identifies safety issues.
Prepares ingredients for mix batching, calibrating scales, weighing product and documenting ingredient weights and actual usage.
Makes daily powder orders from the warehouse needed for production run, transferring any unused raw products upon completion of run.
Performs daily forklift checks and operates forklift for material transport. Plant: North Plant Shift/Hours: Night shift, Approximate shift times of 8:00 P.M. - 5:30 A.M. ## Qualifications
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Experience in processing or ingredients is preferred.
Recalls details of procedures and training and consistently follows established methods in task completion. If you meet these requirements and are interested in this position, to be considered for an interview you must complete an online application at www.wellscareers.com Wells Enterprises is an EEO/AA employer M/F/Vet/Dis
Primary Location:* United States-Iowa-Le Mars
Job Posting:* Jan 3, 2018, 1:29:43 PM
Req ID:* 1700000781
Job Title: Blender Operator Contact: Human Resources Company: PACA FOODS, LLC Reports To: Shift Blending Supervisor Supervises: N/A FLSA: Full Time, Hourly-Non-exempt Grade: TBD POSITION SUMMARY: Works under the general supervision of the shift supervisor. This individual is responsible for loading ingredients in the mixer and assuring the blending process produces a quality product. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Pick up batch sheet.
Check batch sheet for accuracy based on customer specifications.
Record lot number.
Obtain supervisor approval.
Check pallets for accuracy.
Assist with equipment / machine assembly.
Follow proper HACCP procedures and practices.
Keep work area clean and perform appropriate sanitation.
Inspect ingredients and notify the supervisor and quality assurance of issues.
Screen or mill ingredients as needed.
Mix batch following blending instructions.
Package bulk items in 50 pound bags.
Ensure final product meets all quality standards.
Responsible for the quality, food safety and legality of products produced within the facility.
Prepare paper work.
Other duties as assigned. CORE COMPETENCIES:
Must be well organized and detail oriented
Must have excellent math skills
Must be able to operate a fork lift
Able to use work tools
Must be able to read and operate scales
Must be flexible and a team player
Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school Diploma or equivalent
Fork lift operation certified + 1 plus years related work experience WORK SCHEDULE REQUESTED
Hourly, non-exempt position working 4×10 shifts. Typical workweek is 40 hours with additional hours during month end and year end close and special projects. FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and other Quality procedures as they apply to this job description.
Oversee the physical condition (mechanical and cleanliness) of the blenders, sifters, and magnets to ensure equipment is in proper working order prior to adding ingredients.
Check the batch sheets against materials staged and ensure use of correct ingredient and packaging material items and that lot numbers are recorded accurately.
Carefully inspect materials being added to the blenders for any type of contaminant or deviations.
Inspect product hoppers to ensure sanitary conditions.
Obtain pre-operational inspection approval prior to processing.
Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to take action.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!