Flower Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Machine Operator / Process Technician
Prominent, growing New Berlin, Wisconsin manufacturing company is offering career growth opportunities for plastics industry blow molding or injection molding candidates, OR, candidates in other industries who have had strong experience running complex automated or semi-automated production machinery to learn their business.
$15-$22/hour, 12 hr. shiftsas Machine Technician I, or Machine Technician II (depending upon prior experience).
Direct Hire positions are on day or night rotational shifts. The Machine Technician / Operator ensures efficient operation of complex automated or semi-automated blow molding or injection molding production line machinery. Positions are also available for candidates with strong process knowledge and skills operating complex automated or semi-automated production machinery in other industries. There are three technical career path levels to progress in as a Machine Technician with this organization.As your skilled recruiter, please review the job description requirements and if interested in these opportunities complete the application and your cover letter and resume will receive immediate attention. Sorry, relocation assistance is not available for these positions. Kristine Schoolcraft, Talent Acquisition Manager at
Parallel Employment Group
- Operate assigned Rocheleau blow molding (Mat.Tech.I), Bekum, Kautex blow molding (Mat.Tech.II), or Toshiba Injection Molding (Mat.Tech.I) production line equipment to maximize High 5 Operational Metrics: Efficiency, Quality, Safety, Engagement and Resin Loss.
- Independently perform machine adjustments within allowable parameters, perform routine machine maintenance tasks and minor repairs on all production equipment, including molders and peripheral quality equipment on assigned lines.
- Identify and recommend improvements and support all company continuous improvements activities. Work with plant leadership, set up and maintenance to implement improvements. Sustain 6S program in the production cells, supporting team members and reporting repeat variation to leadership.
- Ensure adherence to customer specifications and accurately document all records related to downtime, production, scrap, repairs, process deviation, etc.
- Act as a mentor and technical resource for other team members and new members learning technical functions.
- Assist in identifying non-conforming product and re-work of non-conforming product as necessary.
- Work safely, following all safety policies and proactively participating in the safe work of others and the safety of the overall environment.
- Perform other miscellaneous support work to enable the team to be successful and as requested by plant leadership. Assist in the duties of other team members, including helping to cover break times, etc.
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods, lift or carry parts, material and product of up to 30 pounds. Must be able to grasp, pinch, reach, finger, pick, or otherwise work with fingers, hands and arms for regular tasks. Must laugh at jokes and enjoy attempts at humor from other team members, no matter how feeble.
Must be able to wear eye and hearing protection and operate effectively in temperatures ranging from 60 to 110 F.
Must climb steps, maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling, have good hand/eye coordination, stoop, and bend. Must be capable of visually detecting defects, depth, colors, variances, and see objects as real.
Minimal local travel required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
High School diploma or equivalent required with advanced technical certificate or formal education preferred. At least 2 years of technical processing, maintenance or troubleshooting experience, preferably in a continuous process manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated Mechanical aptitude and learning agility in regards to technical matters.
- Exhibit excellent decision making skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Demonstrated capability in basic math and measurement.
- Ability to follow guidelines independently and work as part of a cohesive production team.
- Familiarity with basic business computer applications and mobile device applications.
- Must be able to provide own basic set of tools
Paid Holidays: After 60 days, full time Members receive 8 hours holiday pay for 9 recognized company holidays each year, plus one additional discretionary floating holiday. Members scheduled and working the holidays are also paid double time for the hours worked!
Paid Vacation: Operations team Members receive a vacation pay check on their anniversary date with unpaid vacation days according to the schedule below. Members choose to either schedule days off or work their schedule and get paid. After 1 Year of Service: 2% of previous year’s gross earnings with 7 optional unpaid days off. After 2 Years of Service: 4% of previous year’s gross earnings with 14 optional unpaid days off. After 7 Years of Service: 6% of previous year’s gross earnings with 21 optional unpaid days off. After 14 Years of Service: 8% of previous year’s gross earnings with 28 optional unpaid days off.
Life Insurance: Effective the 90th day of membership, the Company will pay for a Life Insurance policy for you equal to two (2) times your annual salary up to $100,000. Additional voluntary Life Insurance and Accident insurance can be purchased for member, spouse and/or children.
Disability Benefits: Effective the 90th day of membership, Short Term and Long Term disability benefits are paid by the company for you to help protect your income in the event of illness or injury.
401(K) Retirement Match: the company helps plan for long term prosperity by automatically enrolling members in our retirement savings plan on the first day of the month after 90 days of service. The Company matches 50% of contributions on up to 4% of earnings. This match vests gradually over a 6 year period.
Dental Insurance: Eligible on the 90th day, Members can pay $5.68 for single premium or $12.92 for family coverage each bi-weekly pay period.
Vision Insurance: Eligible on the 90th day, routine Vision exams are covered each year. The cost for single premium is $2.78 bi-weekly and $8.32 bi-weekly for family coverage.
Comprehensive Medical Plan: Eligible on the 90th day, Members can choose from two comprehensive medical plans based on individual or family needs. Preventative Care Benefits in both plans include immunizations, routine physical exams and tests paid at 100% in network. To help you plan for medical expenses, the company will match the first $150 you put into our Health FSA or HSA plan.And BEST OF ALL, you are part of a community-based organization who celebrates their Members and teams accomplishments with bonus programs, recognition, contests and Member events!
Technical Machine Operator
Royal is a diverse manufacturer of injection molding, urethane foam and assemblies. We serve the automotive, furniture, and consumer products industries. Royal is growing and we are looking for talented individuals who want to make a difference!
We offer great benefits including:
- No Sunday work
- Quarterly bonuses based on profitability
- Ownership in the company through our ESOP plan (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Outstanding health and dental insurance
Responsibilities will include:
- Working in a fast pace manufacturing environment
- Ability to read, understand, and follow operator instructions
- Basic troubleshooting responsibilities
- Through training…
- Performing setup work on injection molding machines. This includes cleaning of molding machines and associated equipment, fine-tuning and adjustment of machines according to part being produced and color changes.
- Setting up auxiliary equipment during changeovers. This includes air tools, date stamps, conveyors, etc.
- Cleaning hoppers and grinder, purging old material
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving.
And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today! Royal offers a competitive wage and benefit package - including quarterly bonuses based on profitability, outstanding health insurance, ownership in the company through our ESOP (retirement) plan, and much more.
Machine Set Up / Operator (Injection Molding) / Maintenance
Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
Test operation of machines periodically
Fix issues that might occur during the shift
Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
Maintain activity logs
Proven experience as a machine operator
Mechanical ability, light maintenance
Injection molding is a plus
Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
Understanding of production procedures
Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
Attention to detail
Teamwork and communication skills
Physical stamina and strength
High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
PRIMARY JOB CATEGORY Manufacturing / Industrial
SECONDARY JOB CATEGORIES
JOB SKILLS Machine Operator
Temp to Perm or Full Time Direct Hire
CNC Machine Set Up Operator
Must have CNC Experience
- Responsible for reading and interpreting blue prints including GD&T
- Read, write and edit programs in G-Code and other CAD/CAM software and identify areas of opportunity for program efficiency.
- Verify revision levels on method sheet, tooling sheet and router match, alerting Supervisor if discrepancies are found.
- Identify, document and dispose of scrap.
- Must setup and load material into a bar feeder/bar loader. Step through program and make offsets to complete a part to print specifications.
- Verify revision levels on router and method sheets.
- Install appropriate tooling and touch off.
- Change inserts, drill boring bars, etc. when needed and return all usable tooling to the tool crib. Recycle all Carbide tooling.
- Troubleshoot any production issue in regards to machining and getting assistance for program related issues.
- Add hydraulic oil and/or cutting fluids to the machine(s) when needed.
- Make appropriate offsets and/or speed and feed adjustments to program if needed to maintain part quality.
- Train others and share knowledge
- Obey all safety rules and stop work if continuing is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition. Report all safety concerns immediately.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of CNC machine(s) setup
- Knowledge of inserts including wear characteristics, insert style (WNMG, VNMG, CCMT, etc), insert nose radius and grade of insert.
- Operate all aspects of the machines; (powering machines up and down, bar feed operation, restarts, faults, etc)
- Read and use calipers, micrometers and other measuring equipment
- Tooling knowledge and the ability to indentify types of tooling and tooling wear characteristics
- Programming knowledge and ability
- Excellent communication skills required
- Act with the utmost integrity, professionalism and positive attitude.
- Must be a team player.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) experience as a Conventional Machinist II or equivalent
- Basic Shop Math
- Advanced blue print reading
- Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerance
- Experience using Calipers, Micrometers, Height Stands and Bore Gages.
- Must clearly demonstrate ability to set up multiple machines and pass an assessment prior to moving to in LG6
- Basic Valve School- 30 days
- While performing duties you may be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist and/or lift up to 50 pounds throughout an entire shift. May be required to work more than 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week based on production needs.
- Exposed to manufacturing plant conditions and elements including but not limited to noise, dust, dirt, oil, and grease.
- PPE's will be required including safety glasses, ear plugs and/or safety shoes.
- May be required to work at different work stations as determined by business needs.
2nd and 3rd Shift Only- 2nd Shift 3pm- 11pm & 3rd Shift 11pm- 7am
Compensation: $15.00 Per Hour
Reports to: Production Lead; Production Manager
Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. These must all meet the specifications required by production instructions (PI). Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately according to specifications and in a timely manner. Operates a computer and barcode scanner.
Operate and tend equipment or machinery to perform product assembly or fabrication
Summary of essential job functions
Operate manual and/or automatic machines, operate computers and barcode scanners. This position includes the following functions:
Hose cutting: Full cutting instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-008-0.
Pressure testing –Full pressure testing instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-013-0
Crimper – Entry Level – Full crimping instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-011-0
Meeting or exceeding all team production goals on a consistent basis.
Observing equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected and management be notified immediately. .
Wearing all required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
Performing general cleanup and maintenance of your work area.
Minimum requirements and prerequisites
All- High school diploma or equivalent; company indoctrination including machine operation and safety instruction.
Be able to stand for extended periods; be able to hear and understand warning tones and verbal commands; have basic computer skills; be able to lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted; be able to read and understand production instructions; be able to measure accurately using steel scales and angle meters. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed. All personnel must be available for overtime work according to the business needs of the company.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Packaging Machine Operator
- Perform setup activities such as mechanical assembly, tube and film roll placement, and loading of packaging materials.
- Assist with detailed cleaning activities in packaging room as well as other areas of plant on a regular basis. This can occasionally mean entire shifts of cleaning duties.
- Deliver a clean, well-ordered work area to oncoming replacements.
- Complete various paperwork including pre-operational checklist and semi-hourly quality checks.
- Make adjustments on the machines using Company-provided hand tools.
- Closely monitor packaging quality and makes necessary adjustments and communications.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Must pass a timed basic math skills test without the aid of a calculator.
- Must be able to tolerate the above-listed physical and environmental demands of this position with or without accommodations.
- Must pass pre-work physical.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Must have some work experience doing heavy manual labor within the last 5 years.
- Strongly prefer a stable employment history with at least 2 years of continuous employment at one employer within the last 5 years.
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator Breaded Packout Line
- 2nd Shift Brine Mixer Operator Breaded Front Line
We are a further processing cooked facility offering opportunity in both our chicken and turkey cooked operations. At Perdue Bridgewater, we value strong teamwork, associate safety, and food safety practices to ensure our employees work in a great environment. We offer advancement opportunities so you can continue to grow with the Perdue family of associates.
Responsibilities and Duties - As a Machine Operator associate, you will be working with the production line processing food products including breaded, partial cooked, fully cooked, and raw products made of chicken and/or turkey. You will be responsible for the set-up, operation, trouble shooting, and tearing down of machinery. Machine Operators must adhere to Lock Out Tag Out procedures and comply with GMP's, HACCP, and employee safety policies. Machine Operators may work around dust and chemicals and must comply with wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). All PPE is supplied by Perdue along with proper training of using all equipment.
Technical Schooling in Mechanics
At least 18 years of age and legally authorized to work in the United States.
Has worked for one employer for at least 3 months continuous employment.
Be willing and able to work in wet environment with both hot and cold temperatures.
Be willing and able to work on a production line where you may stand for several hours at a time.
Ability to troubleshoot mechanical issues, make machine adjustments, and minor repairs to maintain production.
Able to work weekends to perform Preventative Maintenance tasks.
Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English.
Heavy lifting maybe required, however, we offer team lift and mechanical options for lifting assistance.
Be willing and able to work overtime as needed to meet production demands.
All other duties as required to ensure safety, quality, and production requirements.
Previous manufacturing, production, and GMP food production experience a plus.
Come join the Perdue Farms family today!
Boston, MA 02472
Schedule: 3rd shift
Standard Background Check
Targeted Start: ASAP
Production Technician – Level D is responsible to help support the operational effectiveness of Fiber Production. S/he will operate production equipment, maintain tooling and equipment, transfer consumable materials from inventory to production, and support in special projects as required. The Level D Technician will work directly with the Team Leader to ensure operational goals and objectives are either met or exceeded.
Duties and Responsibilities
Please send your resume in a Word or PDF format for immediate consideration.
Machine Operator 2
Responsible for operating various print and rendition related equipment including mainframe connected, high speed, high volume printers, pre and post print processing hardware. Monitors and operates other peripheral output processing devices (i.e., CDROM processing systems), mail processing related inserters to meet established deadlines, service level agreements and regulatory requirements. Other machines may include, but are not limited to, various types of office equipment, machines used to process specialized related work, and computer peripheral equipment.
This position requires consistent repetitive motion (keying) using both hands/arms while operating machines. The incumbent must possess both the manual dexterity and the physical capability to work under these conditions. Job requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 50 pounds, and repeated bending. Work environment conditions include paper dust and toner particles.
High school diploma or equivalent
One to two years of experience in the operation of basic office and computer peripheral equipment
Physical ability to operate machines (possesses manual dexterity, ability to key repetitively using both hands and arms, and possesses the capability to work under the given conditions)
Basic knowledge of operations, including office equipment and machines
Demonstrated clerical, reading, writing and communication skills
Demonstrated key entry skills
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!