Fluid Jet Cutter Operator Job Description Sample
2Nd Shift Water Jet Operator
1) Sets up and operates high-speed water jet cutter to cut and trim parts and materials from assorted materials according to specifications: Reads work order, blueprints, and specifications to determine machine setup, type of material or part, quantity, and finish dimensions. 2) Measures and marks cutting and trimming lines on material or part, using measuring instruments, scriber, or marking pen, or mounts material or part in cutting or trimming fixture. 3) Installs and aligns machine accessories, such as cutting tips, work positioner, plates, fixtures, and shields, using handtools and measuring instruments, or enters coordinate information into computer control panel, using teach pendant. 4) Manipulates machine controls, such as buttons, switches, dials, levers, and pedals, to regulate and adjust cutting speed and flow of fluid. 5) Cuts and trims parts by manually moving part or material under stream of fluid along cutting lines, controlling movement of part secured in fixture or on work positioner, or entering commands to retrieve and start preprogrammed cutting or trimming instructions to cut materials mounted on machine bed. 6) Observes displays, cutting or trimming process, and listens to sound of machines to detect malfunctions. 7) Replaces worn or damaged machine parts, such as nozzles, tips, and washers. 8) Measures dimensions of finished part, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and dial indicators, or check fixture. 9) Cleans machines and work area. 10) May scoop or pour abrasive particles into hopper of machine. 11) May trim, sand, and drill parts, using shop equipment. 12) May operate automated cutter and be designated Abrasive Water Jet Cutter Operator; or operate manual cutter and be designated Water Router Operator.
1St Shift Ink Jet Operator For Printing & Mailing Department
· Searching for experienced full-time, motivated individuals to work a 1st shift position in a fast-paced, printing & mailing production facility. This position is Monday - Friday from 7:00AM to 3:00PM. Pay rate will be based on experience and will range from $12/hr to $18/hr.
· Video Jet Ink Jet: Videojet’s Crescendo Controller Software, Twin BX 6600 Print Heads, Cheshire 7000 base with power bump & turn feature and twin tabbers.
· Pitney Bowes 6 pocker Flowmaster RS inserter
· Qualified applicants will have a high school diploma or equivalent of 4 years mailing experience, including mail sorting.
· Computer knowledge
· Reliable transportation and willingness to work overtime as needed are a must.
· Neat and detail oriented and able to maintain a high level of quality control and machine maintenance.
· Ability to multi-task and be a self-starter is a plus.
· Standing and material handling 100% of the time on a daily basis.
· Lifting up to 40 pounds daily.
· Close vision (at 20 inches or less) for quality control standards.
Jet Cutting/Zund Operator
Vomela is a leading supplier of digitally printed graphics and collateral, we work with some of the most recognizable brands around and we are expanding just to keep up. We are seeking an experienced Jet Cutter/Zund Operator to cut out parts to a specified size and shape, and to perform scorning and face cutting on a variety of materials. Operator will perform routine maintenance on press and feeder including lubrication and minor repairs.
St. Paul, MN
1st Shift- Monday through Friday 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM plus Over Time
2nd Shift- Monday through Friday 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM plus Over Time
3rd Shift – Sunday Through Thursday 9:30 PM to 6:00 AM plus Over Time
Responsible for setting up and operating a Zund Cutter according to written and/or verbal instructions, established company procedures, safety, and quality guidelines. Capable of making adjustments to Cutter to keep quality, registration and production speed at optimum. Has good understanding of performing the following duties personally or through assistant personnel.
- Receives production order and job assignments from supervisor.
- Sets up Cutter according to established company guidelines, safety and job requirements.
- Completes production run including overruns and production samples.
- Completes production records.
- Ensure quality of job throughout run, including adjusting cutting depth, clean cuts, etc.
- Respond to quick turnaround projects and perform well under tight deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Best Candidates Will Have
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must have good judgment of color, design and printing quality.
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to read and understand tape measure and units of measure.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to an ever-changing work environment
- Comprehensive benefit package including a 401(k)
- Medical, dental insurance
- Pay for performance incentive bonus opportunities
- A financially stable, customer focused environment serving as a foundation for successful, long term career opportunities
CNC Water Jet Operator
Hillside Custom Machining and Fabrication is seeking an energetic,dependable candidate to operate our water jet.
The qualified candidate should have recent experience with a similar cutter (i.e. laser, plasma, etc.)
Prior forklift experience required and must be able to lift in excess of 50lbs. Prior experience in the metal working field is a plus. Operator must be motivated with the ability to make good decisions.
Job responsibilities consist of locating the correct material, loading the material on the water jet with the use of a forklift, running the program, unloading the parts from the cutter, and then secondary operations like cleaning and removing sharp edges.
Experience with Auto Cad and the ability to read blueprints is required.
Other responsibilities include: light machine maintenance, cleaning of and around machine, unloading steel trucks, shearing, sawing, sanding, bending, packaging, tapping, and any other needs that could arise.
Hillside offers a comprehensive benefit package and a 401K plan.
Combination Jet / Vacuum Truck Operator / CDL Driver
The Avrett Company is one of the nations premier Underground Utility Rehabilitation Contractors with operations in the Southeastern Region of the United States. The company's continued growth has created an opportunity for those interested in advancing their careers in the underground utility industry. Our Infrastructure Division is currently recruiting candidates for operations and maintenance of our combination Jet / Vacuum fleet.
Preferredcandidates shall possess a valid Class B Commercial Drivers License with Tanker and Air Brake endorsements, a valid DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate and have a minimum of one year wastewater collection system cleaning experience.
Allcandidates shall have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (2+ years of related experience in lieu of education will be considered)
- Strong work ethic and be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Minimum of a Class B Commercial Drivers License and current DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate
- Ability to travel overnight (or more) as needed
The Avrett Company offers competitive wages and quality benefits for eligible employees.
The Avrett Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Water Jet Operator
Seeking qualified candidate to fulfill water jet cutting operation. Duties will include occasional programming at machine, forklift operation, determining appropriate cutting parameters, organizing cut parts with job orders, maintenance of machinery, team oriented.
Required education and experience: 2 years experience operating any one of CNC laser, plasma, water jet cutting table. Specific Water jet experience preferred.
Coiled Tubing Fluid Pump Operator
The Coiled Tubing Fluid Pump Operator I supports the well site Coiled Tubing operations. Operates a company owned heavy vehicle on a daily basis between district and work site and operated coiled tubing equipment at the work site to provide TES Inc. quality services to our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with senior Operators and Operations Supervisor on preparatory work on upcoming operations
- Schedules, performs and follows-up on preventative and post-job maintenance on all tools, equipment and units within the division (in collaboration with the Maintenance Supervisor)
- Ability to troubleshoot Pumping equipment
- Works closely with the customer representative prior to and on location to ensure safe and proper execution of the desired job.
- Ensures that all equipment, materials and accessories are delivered to and removed from the job site in a timely, safe and efficient manner.
- Capable of operating with minimal supervision all tools, units & equipment relevant to efficient job execution (wash, purging, pumping, cleaning etc.)
- Performs hydrostatic tests with surface pressures up to 10000psi.
- Performs redressing of all tools.
- Performs R/U and R/D of pumping equipment
- Exhibit in-depth knowledge and familiarity with the operational procedures
- Trains personnel in the operation of all Pumping equipment
- Responsible for the accurate preparation and completion of all job-related documentation in accordance with operational procedures.
High School Diploma/GED or equivalent. At least one (1) year of experience in Pumping operations with full capability and understanding of general pumping operations. Knowledge of fluid pumps, nitrogen unit operations, and coiled tubing unit operations. Possess knowledge of all related nitrogen and industrial cleaning chemicals and applications.
Must possess or training will be provided for:
- Basic Well Control Certification.
- Training in pumping and related operations.
- Training in basic Coiled Tubing / Nitrogen equipment including hydraulic / pneumatic training and Pumping applications.
- Pumping monitoring and associated software training.
- Field testing procedures/techniques and related jobs
Work is performed outside at well site. Must be willing to work scheduled rotation and must be available to be ‘on-call’.
Tucker Energy Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Tucker Energy Services, we strive to be the best in class while creating an enjoyable and rewarding work environment that encourages professional and personal growth for all employees. Creating the industry's best workplace is our goal at Tucker Energy Services. In order to lead the industry in customer service we need to provide our team with all the resources they need to excel. That means empowering employees to prioritize their own safety above all other objectives, providing industry-leading training and career development, competitive compensation, and considering the importance of our employees & families in our workplace policies. We are always looking for motivated, talented individuals to join our team.
Water Jet Operator (1St Shift)
Company Profile Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management. Position Summary The primary responsibility of this position is to set up and operate a water jet machine. Must understand, operate, and maintain the water jet machine including any support equipment required to accomplish assigned tasks. Position also requires completing documentation properly and housekeeping of the area. Duties & Responsibilities ESSENTIAL * Locate and load/ unload work piece onto machine table manually or with overhead crane
Load program onto control
Start/stop machine operation, monitor production to ensure quality, make adjustments as necessary
Complete in-process inspection and document as per procedure
Complete all paperwork neatly and accurately
Maintain a safe and clean work environment
Communicate with supervisor, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and helping to resolve machining or quality issues
Use personal safety equipment ADDITIONAL * Other general machine operation tasks assigned by supervisor
Other duties as required Qualifications REQUIRED * Ability to obtain internal certification to operate a forklift and overhead crane
Basic computer skills DESIRED * Prior experience in an industrial shop
Prior experience or training in plate cutting equipment, such as a waterjet, plasma or oxy fuel, a plus. Additional Information This position is considered SHOP/INDOOR WORK which is characterized as follows.
Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90% * Noise is over 85 decibels.
Light is intense/glare.
Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases. Equal Employment Opportunity All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors. Job Board Partnership #RZ# Job Title: Water Jet Operator (1st Shift)
Location:* Houston, Texas
Job ID:* 12483 Regular/Temporary: Regular
Full/Part Time:* Full-Time
Water JET Operator
WATER JET OPERATOR
OPERATE O-MAX WATER JET MACHINE. CUT PRECISION SHEET METAL AIRCRAFT PARTS. ABILITY TO READ & COMPREHEND BLUEPRINTS
Torrance boasts a high level of entertainment with 24 parks, a golf course, numerous public tennis courts, and over 350 acres of open space and parkland. Nearby beaches offer excellent facilities for swimming, surfing and volleyball. Torrance is known for its outstanding medical care facilities, excellent schools, fine dining, and wide range of hotels, and is the home of the Del Amo Fashion Center, the largest enclosed shopping mall in the west. Numerous family destinations are within easy driving distance, including Disneyland, Magic Mountain, Knotts Berry Farm and Universal Studios. For more information about Torrance, go to www.Torrance.com.
Water Jet Operator
We manufacture stainless steel equipment for the snack food industry. We are seeking a Water Jet Operator to become an integral part of our team!
· Program and operate from a DXF file the water jet parts required
· Gather materials, operate controls, deburring and inspection of quality parts
· Identify equipment malfunctions and adjust machine accordingly
· Communicate with supervisor, and quality control task team, to troubleshoot and rectify quality issue
· Keep work area clean and hazardous free
· Knowledgeable in understanding and reading blue prints
· Knowledge of precision measuring instruments i.e. calipers, indicators, and scales.
To perform this job successfully, the applicant must have the following skills/knowledge:
· 3-5 years combined education and on the job training
· Experience with water jet program required
· Manufacturing experience required
· Ability to work with a variety of trade tools (tools of the trade may include hand tools, cutting tools, measuring tools)
· Must have strong attention to detail
· Experience with working with stainless steel and carbon steel
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings
· Ability to communicate effectively written/oral, get along well with others
· Must be able to stand for long hours
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!