Flying Shear Operator Job Description Sample
Mobile Shear / Heavy Equipment Operator
EMR - Southern Recydling is a global leader in metal recycling. We are privately owned with a heritage dating back to the 1940s and employ almost 3500 people operating at 150 locations around the world. We are currently looking for a full-time Heavy Equipment Operator to start immediately at our location in New Orleans, LA.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
- Operate light and heavy equipment such as mobile shears, backhoes, forklifts, skid steers, front end loaders
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment
- Complete all work in a safe and professional manner
- Proper material handling
- Complete required paperwork, forms, and records as required
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety Regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must pass pre-employemnt drug screen, criminal background and physical exam
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers
- Operator experience a must
- Mechanically inclined is a strong asset
- Maintain a clean work area
- Attention to detail
- Hand-Eye coordination
- Basic computer skills a plus
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in EMR - Southern Recyling.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
EMR - European Metal Recycling is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal law.
- - - - - - - -
Our core business is the recycling of scrap metal from a range of sources such as End-of-Life vehicles/consumer products, industry, construction and demolition. We have extensive ferrous and non-ferrous operations worldwide and produce over 100 grades of high quality recycled materials which are taken to market by our substantial road, rail and shipping network.
Supporting our core activities are a range of specialist divisions including industrial clearance, total waste management, ship breaking, servicing local government service providers and cable, copper and aluminum granulation facilities. Also, through our own and our joint venture activities we are working towards becoming a zero waste company.
AM – 7:00 PM
- Operator must be familiar with safe use and practical operation of production sheet metal shears.
- Shear Operator will use a forklift to load and unload steel sheets and plates (20 gauge to ¼” plate) onto machine table for shearing.
- Shear operator must be able to safely lift 50 lbs on a routine basis.
- The ability to read and measure according to customer drawings is also required.
- Shear operators will receive work order paperwork and picking list for each individual job and then trim, cut and package finished work according to customer specs.
- Operator will keep track of serialized tags and heat numbers for every piece of material through integrated use of inventory management kiosk and physical tag system.
- Orders range in size from one-of-a-kind orders to production orders of 30,000 pieces per part.
- 1-2 years experience operating a Shear Operator
- Forklift experience required, forklift certification a plus
- Ability to read tape measure accurately (tolerance to 1/64”) is an absolute must.
Snelling will take time to personally interview you in order to understand your personality and needs. We understand that people thrive in supportive, motivating and challenging work environments. Let us be your partner in finding the right opportunity. With our 65 years of recruiting experience, Snelling is dedicated to providing the direction and resources that you need to succeed. Our team is here to help guide you through the process of finding your next right-fit job opportunity.
Relief Operator / Shear Operator
Setup shear heads and match shear standards to ensure high quality carpet. Assist in keeping all oilers filled, chemicals for topicals changed out, filters in froth room cleaned, etc. Assist with keeping waste bins emptied when needed.
Assist Operator in getting weight checks. Clean ditch (portion of ditch assigned each shift). Ability to drive lift truck. Physical
Lifting is required of tools, buckets, and cups with weights up to 40 lbs approximately 10 times per shift.
Standing is required; up to 12 hours per shift. Reaching is required for tools, buckets, and cups 20 to 40 times per shift.
Stooping is required 20 to 40 times per shift for intervals of 5 to 30 minutes. Bending is required for tools, buckets, cups 20 to 40 times per shift.
Must use hand trucks 20 to 40 times per shift.
Must use tools and scales 20 to 40 times per shift. Experience/
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Must be able to read and write and do basic addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication. Computer knowledge or data entry skills are a necessary part of the job. Other
Overtime is required on occasion. All accidents must be reported immediately. Perform any other duties as assigned.
Safety equipment must be worn as required and requirements must be followed for all areas. Report to management any quality, safety, or potential problems encountered while performing the job. Responsible for quality and safety of his/her own output.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The purpose of the position is to work in a production area using machinery to cut and bend rebar to customer specifications at a Fabrication shop located in Waco, Texas while adhering to safety policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Adheres to safety policy to prevent on-the-job injuries. Wears appropriate PPE at all times according to safety policy.
Attends meetings as required to share information regarding plant operations and learn new processes. Performs general housekeeping duties by sweeping, picking up trash, removing trip hazards. Processes fully used stock bundles by giving the SAP tag to the Supervisor for removal from the system.
Unloads stock materials from trucks and rail cars; loads materials onto trucks for delivery using forklifts and/or overhead crane. Receives stock material from loader and inspects bundle for uniformity and attachment of inventory tags, SAP tags, and partial tags if bundles are open. Returns partial stock bundles to inventory by counting bars and recording count remaining and other required information from inventory.
Sets up bender by keying required information from production tags (i.e. pin size, bend degree, quantity, forward/reverse deductions). Straightens rebar as it moves towards counting line. Bundles completed bends by tying bundles together. Communicates with fellow co-workers, supervisors, and other personnel about production issues.
Completes Daily Bend Report for each bundle. Confirms correct bar sized is used by comparing information on production tag to inventory tag. Selects proper speed for bars by referring to speed/bar size charts.
Verifies bars received at bender have bend attached tags. EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS: Construction experience or manufacturing experience preferred.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma or GED preferred
Hydraulic Shear And Manual Break Operator
Hydraulic Engineer to operate Hydraulic Shear and Manual Break - possibly a Hydraulic Break in near future
Atleast 1 year EXP operating this type of machine
FLEXIBLE HOURS FIRST SHIFT -CALL NOW START ASAP !
CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A FULL TIME SHEAR OPERATOR
MUST BE ABLE TO:
READ BLUE PRINTS
Speak and Read English
WE OFFER MEDICAL, DENTAL ,VISION INSURANCE NO COST TO YOU for YOU.
Shear And Press Brake Operator
Press brake operators produce parts for enclosures using a press brake, a computer numeric controlled (CNC) piece of equipment that makes precision bends into material.
Look at blueprints or plans for the finished product details, make adjustments to the machine to control speed, material feed and bend angles, as well as make sure the machines are set up properly, working well, and producing quality product.
Checks height, depth and thickness using micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, gauges and other precision-measuring instruments.
They make sure their machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with needed materials, well-maintained and perform periodic checks on output.
They look at the finished product to ensure it is defect-free and ready for the next step in production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to set-up and operate AMADA NC9-EX2, RG80, RG125 machines.
- Knowledge of FABRI-BEND is a plus.
- Knowledge of all bend allowances for sheet metal from 20GA-.250 THICK on stainless steel, KOTE(Galvanized), and Aluminum.
- Read and understand BOM’s, drawings and custom blueprints (when needed).
- Use small hand tools, measuring instruments.
- Responsible for reviewing work tickets, drawings and BOM's to ensure accuracy.
- Shop math skills are recommended for press brake operators to understand complex instructions, how schematics work and make sure items are designed and built correctly.
- Problem Solving
Press brake operators will need to know why machines are not at peak performance, must know how to troubleshoot and solve issues.
- Attention to Detail: Press brakes are precision equipment. Being off by millimeters could be a critical error. Keen attention to detail is required.
We offer these services:
- Recruiting and Staffing
- Project Outsourcing
- Recruitment Process Outsourcing
- Contractor Management Services
- Consulting Services.
Clam Shell Die Cutter, Punch Press And Shear Operator
We are currently seeking a Clam Shell Die Cutter, Punch Press/Shear Operator to set-up and operate a die cutter, punch press and shear in a manufacturing environment. Be knowledgeable of various material types such as cold rolled steel, galvanized, stainless steel, aluminum and copper. Must have experience with setup and operation of the machines.
- High Energy
- Detailed Oriented
- Team Oriented
- Good math skills will help operators understand complex instructions, how schematics work and make sure items are designed and built correctly.
- Die Cutter and Punch Press operators will need to know why machines are not at peak performance, how to increase output and how to fix errors.
- Die Cutter, Punch Press machines and Shears are precision equipment. Keen attention to detail is required.
- Die Cutter/Punch Press/Shear operators often work long hours doing repetitive movements.
- Experienced in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read calipers and a tape measure.
- Previous experience operating and setting up a punch press and die cutter.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Hours: Full Time, with a minimum of 40 hours per week.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Slitter/Scroll Shear Operator
Job Description Job Summary: The Slitter/Scroll Shear operator monitors and performs duties to operate slitters and scroll shears to shear sheets for a variety of units; works effectively as a team contributor on all required tasks, works independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees. Essential Functions:
Reviews the daily schedule report at the beginning of the shift to prepare and setup the press to run the required job according to the specifications.
Checks the material and label before running the job to ensure accuracy.
Checks to make sure all proper tools are in place.
Performs a safety equipment check before operating the equipment, including a housekeeping inspection.
Setup the equipment for the job and start each operation separately.
Lines up the sheets of material on the feeder.
Places the skid in stacker and start equipment.
Runs sample sheets, visually check for defects and gauge material as necessary.
Operates the slitter and scroll material to various sizes according to the specifications in the schedule.
Monitors equipment operation periodically.
Performs visual inspections of stamped units, including units in storage containers per instructions.
Counts and place units in storage containers per instructions.
Clears minor equipment jams with appropriate tools.
Performs hourly quality spot checks on units.
Records the results of quality checks.
Fills out production sheets and all other documentation as required.
Turns in load tickets and identify skids of material as required.
Notifies the mechanic of unusual of equipment and operating problems.
Use the light to signal the mechanic that you have an issue with the equipment.
Notifies the supervisor of any nonconforming product.
Makes recommendations to improve the effectiveness of the job, efficiency, quality and quantity.
Performs housekeeping duties at the end of the shift.
Picks up trash on grounds, and exterior walks, sweeps and mops the floor and wipes the equipment.
Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
Job Requirements Education and Experience:
This position requires a high school degree or its equivalent; at least one to three years of experience working in a manufacturing environment. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English
Ability to read work instructions and schedule and comply with instructions
Ability to accurately fill out production paperwork
Demonstrated basic mathematical aptitude, skills in basic mathematical calculations
Understands quality, PPE requirements and safety and the importance of complying with safety policies and procedures Physical/Visual Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to walk and stand. Bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
The employee must regularly lift up to 50 pounds. Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: (Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated * with the performance of the functions of this job). Inside conditions, extremes of heat (100+ seasonal), exposure to humidity, working in tight areas, high noise levels from production environment, including some exposure to outside weather elements, oil and dirt. * “Commonly associated” is not intended to mean always or only. There may be different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate. Employee Type: Full-Time
Location:* Chicago, IL
Job Type:* Manufacturing
Experience:* Not Specified
Date Posted:* 2/12/2018
SHEAR OPERATOR NEEDED ASAP!
Shear Operator needed for a long-term demolition project in Savannah, GA.
Hydraulic Shear- Komatsu experience
We have an immediate need for ONE Shear Operator. Must have experience with using a shear to cut steel and have a resume.
Candidates MUST be willing to submit to a drug screen and background check.
Salary is $22-$24 based on experience.
Submit Resume for IMMEDIATE consideration.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!