Food Mixer Job Description Sample
Chemical Mixer / Mixer
We have an opportunity for a candidate with prior mixing experience. This position will work with hazardous chemicals (powders). Although this is a 2nd shift 3 pm - 11 pm
*opportunity the selected candidate will train on 1st shift.
1. Ability to read and understand basic work order instructions and scheduling
2. Understand steps required to complete work orders and label requirements
3. Must be able to perform in process testing to ensure material conformance
4. Perform visual inspection of all mixing equipment
5. Perform basic preventative maintenance on mixing machinery
6. Ability to read and understand work order and scheduling instructions
7. Maintain appropriate inventory levels to ensure continuous production
8. Knowledgeable of at least one type of formulation/mix process independently (initially)
1. Advanced math skills
2. Possess good computer skills
3. Good written & verbal communication skills
4. Ability to read & write in English
5. Comprehension of written instructions
6. Attention to details
7. An ability to safely lift up to 75 lbs. regularly
8. An ability to safely operate equipment and necessary tools
Mixer Machine Operator
Innovative Baking, Old-Fashioned Excellence
Brooklyn, New York; Newark, New Jersey (1 mile from Newark Airport)
DAMASCUS BAKERIES is a 3rd Generation Bakery founded in 1930. We have two baking facilities: Brooklyn, New York; Newark, NJ, our newer 125,000 sq. ft. facility, which is being transitioned into our primary Bakery, R&D Center and Corporate Offices. Our products include Pitas, Lavash, Wraps, Flatbreads, Pizza Crusts, Breadsticks, Sandwich Buns, and more. We have a very strong- and even historic- presence in the Metro New York market. Since 2000, we have expanded our capacity and distribution to the National Market, supplying and partnering with many of America's top QSR's, Casual Dining Restaurants, Food Service Establishments, Retail, Club and Natural Stores, Institutions, Distributors, and other Bakeries. For many of our customers, we have been the Product Development arm that has created some of America's most Successful and Award Winning Flatbreads.
We are an SQF Level 3 facility that currently employs between 150-200 people, some who have been with us for more than 40 years. We are a company that thrives to "Bake a Difference". We are a company that is also responsible to its communities and environment.
We are seeking a very "Project Minded" and "Pro-active" Team player to help us grow in our production department.
Weigh ingredients according to company formula and operate robotic mixing system. Produce high quality dough and finished product by maintaining standards of quality, efficiency, food safety and personal safety.
Ø Must be able to read (English) and do basic mathematics.
Ø Must adhere to company rules of conduct and operating standards.
Ø Must adhere to all GMP’s and Safety regulations.
Ø Ability to operate a scale and follow formula sequence.
Ø Ability to work with a computer program and follow standards of operation.
Ø Ability to lift up to 80 pounds.
Ø Ability to follow direction and maintain attention to detail.
Ø Ability to maintain in writing, detailed mixing records.
Ø Ability to effectively communicate with Supervision and other operators.
Ø Check and verify the production order with the Supervisor.
Ø Input formula number, size of dough and quantity in batching system.
Ø Input formula number and quantity in San Cassiano system.
Ø Check program parameters for mix time, cycle time, fermentation time and scrap dosing. Make certain they are consistent with product requirements.
Ø Adjust program parameters under the guidance of management only.
Ø Fill ingredient bins with ingredients that are to be scaled.
Ø Check formula and weigh ingredients accordingly.
Ø Dump measured ingredients into mixing system and ensure all bulk ingredients are dispensed.
Ø Maneuver mixing bowls within the mixing system if required.
Ø Run cleaning cycle when required.
Ø Make sensory observations of dough’s and inform management of potential quality issues.
Ø Write all formulation and processing information on dough records.
Ø Maintain the mixing time, dough temperature and dough sequence as per posted standards.
Ø Make manual adjustments to compensate for program malfunctions if that occurs.
Ø Keep up with the flow of production and ensure the line does not run out of dough.
Ø Report any and all mechanical malfunctions do not attempt repairs to equipment.
Ø Maintain a clean and neat work area.
Lead Ingredient Mixer Controller - 2Nd Shift
Job Title: Lead Mixer Controller 2nd Shift (3:30pm to midnight) - Flexible to work OT as needed
Starting Pay: $18-$20hr based on experience
This position is responsible for leading a team of mixers and preparing various dry mix products for packaging and sale.
· Act as lead for the 2nd shift Mixing crew
· Help prepare various dry mix products for packaging and sale
· Read/interpret mixing schedule and implement
· Operate forklift to transport and stack ingredients
· Weigh up ingredients per batch sheet and mix schedule
· Provide QA with product samples
· Document mixing activity
· Maintain clean work environment
· Must also be able to communicate in English
· Know how to perform routine maintenance tasks
· Must be available to work off shifts.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Must have high school diploma or GED
· 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
· Experience with mixing ingredients a plus
· Previous experience as a lead or supervisor required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong communication skills with the ability to delegate and lead a team.
· Good familiarity with the product and pack quantity.
· Good familiarity with code dating.
· Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Use of broom and trash bin.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
· Work involves daily exposure to unusual elements such as dirt, dust, fumes, darkness and/or noise. Seasonal exposure to weather elements includes, but is not limited to, extreme temperatures, wetness and humidity.
· Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks such as working around mechanical equipment, forklifts, chemical hazards, and electrical hazards.
· Position requires the ability to stand at the will-call window, sitting frequently at a desk, walking around the office and plant; carrying packages up to 50 pounds; utilizing fine dexterity; reaching and kneeling on a daily basis. Also requires the ability to see, hear and communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professional etiquette.
· Personal protective equipment, as defined by C.H. Guenther and Sons will be provided.
· Will demonstrate, promote and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in People, Quality and Growth.
We are hiring for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift MIXERS. The job will take place in a manufacturing plant that produces food products (waffles, pancakes, etc.)
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Weighs and loads raw materials into the mixer following the mixing process and procedure guidelines at all times.
- Checks every ingredient added. Writes any required information on the QA paperwork.
- Prepares mixer by setting equipment controls.
- Reports outages of ingredients to supervisor prior to beginning mixing any formula.
- Reports equipment issues (mixing, scaling, or electronic) to the production supervisor and the maintenance department immediately.
Reliable transportation is required.
Successful applicants will be able to pass drug screening.
Slip resistant shoes must be worn at all times.
Interested applicants should submit resume to this ad.
We are an award winning staffing firm for one simple reason, we make it a point to understand you and your career goals as your career advocate.
At Hire Dynamics, you are more than just a resume or skill set, you are an individual. We get to know you as a person, your unique needs, interests and aspirations, and match you with the ideal opportunity.
We provide opportunities to be recognized for your contributions.
Some staffing firms focus on filling job orders. We focus on you. We will provide opportunities for growth, recognition and help you achieve your career goals!
Great opportunity @ an amazing company!
This position is responsible for performing all the activities pertaining to mixing ingredients for the production of food products; contributes to the team’s efforts in obtaining production efficiencies and follows methods and instructions when mixing ingredients. The employee must follow the Health and Safety and Food Safety programs, processes and procedures.
* Operates two of the following machines/equipment within the savory area: Mixers, stove, Likwifier, kettles, Hobart Mixers, Turbo Mixer, In Line Mixer, VCM and chopping machines and pallet jacks, as required. Uses tools as knives, calculators, brushes, thermometer and other kitchen utensils.
* Ensures consistency quality and coloring of the batches according to product specifications.
* Completes batch cards for every batch produced – records weights per batch and processes all batch cards at the end of the shift.
* Performs area housekeeping as required.
* Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related tasks as directed.
* Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school education preferred; or up to one year related experience or training in a manufacturing assembly environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certificate in AIB preferred but not required.
Mixer Machine Operator
Mixer Machine Operator
Temp, Temp-to-Hire, Or Direct
Temp to perm
Shift WITH HOURS
3rd shift 12:00am-8:00am
Employee will work flavor mixing machine in a food manufacturing company. You will set up and operate machine that will put flavor into coffee bean system. You will be required to follow food safety requirements and inspect work.
--Able to lift 50lbs
--Able to work overtime when needed
--Must be able to read and understand instructions both verbal and communicatively
known companies in and around New England. We place general and skilled
labor positions as well as management, administrative and everything in
between, bridging the gap between local business staffing needs and the
community’s best talent.
What separates us from the rest?
We are so much more than a staffing firm! Wicked Staffing Solutions blends
over 30 years of extensive staffing experience with current and relevant
knowledge of technology, industry trends, up-to-date legal and safety
information and—most importantly—enthusiasm, energy and pride in our
New England roots and industrial heritage!
Commercial bakery in need of a mixer must be able to lift 50lbs a hour and follow recipe . Temp to perm.
Our pool of talent has enabled us to provide cutting edge staffing programs for small, medium, and Fortune 500 clients. All of our offices service a wide variety of clients including construction, warehousing, janitorial services, manufacturing, waste management and recycling companies, special events and much more. Additionally, we’ve developed key business processes to improve efficiency, outsource administrative tasks to improve leadership effectiveness, analyze cost and reduce expenses, ensure legal compliance and minimize your overall risk with workers compensation and employee issues.
Click here to get a quick quote on how we can meet your needs for temporary help, events and convention service contractors, food services, and more. With our five star specialized screening process, we are able to custom match employees to your specific needs.
3rd Shift = Sunday to Thursday, 9:00 pm to 5:30 am * add $.50/hr shift premium to base pay
NOTE ABOUT PAY RATE: The high end of the pay range below represents the additional earning potential in our Pay-for-Skills program. All candidates start at the same base rate of pay.
To accurately prepare and properly mix the various batters, icings, fillings and crusts used to create Sweet Street products. The major end results of the job are products that look and taste consistent with the standards established with the original formulas. This position is expected to be able to mix any of the formulas for the product line.
- Order necessary ingredients and in correct quantities as needed from scaling.
- Mix ingredients using machines, properly timing and monitoring for quality.
- Add ingredients in proper order and at the right time to produce expected results.
- Coordinate completion of mixed items with depositors.
- Spot check all scaled ingredients.
- Maintain clean and safe work area.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Prior manufacturing experience.
- Strong aptitude with numbers and measurements; must pass in-house math aptitude test.
- Ability to properly lift and carry up to 75 lbs. throughout shift.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Must be able to communicate in English (read, write and converse) in order to receive written and verbal job and safety instructions, comprehend hazardous material labeling, follow production schedule, and prepare graphs, weights and other production reports as required.
Today, Sweet Street is the leading innovator in the dessert industry. We’re still owned and operated by Sandy and headquartered in Reading where Sandy is also the head of research and development, leading a team of like-minded, passionate researchers and recipe developers who now bake for restaurants in over 60 countries, on every continent.
In 2014, we established a new manufacturing facility in Greenville, South Carolina, allowing us to expand production capacity and more easily and efficiently reach our growing customer base in markets across North and South America
Though Sweet Street’s reach is global, our passion for artful food and dedication to quality and innovation remains the motivation behind every one of our products. The sweetness of dessert is beloved by every culture on this planet of ours. In this spirit, all of us at Sweet Street invite you to a culinary experience destined to be shared with cherished family and friends.
Concrete Mixer Driver
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Mixer Operator will operate ready mix trucks between plant locations.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance, record and inspection on vehicles to include fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection, checking and adding fluids as needed
- Use water hoses to clean mixer between loads
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Assist maintenance with repairs as needed
- Visually inspect the consistency of concrete in mixer
- Communicate and direct coworkers verbally either directly, through two-way radio or hand signals
- Provide appropriate documentation on delivery tickets
- Ensure all delivery tickets are signed and returned to Martin Marietta/Ready Mix
- Exercise good judgment regarding work site access, unloading and operation to and from work site
- Maintain good customer relations by acting in a professional, courteous manner
- Assist in training of co-workers as needed
- Must possess a Class B CDL license or better
- Must have clean driving history and focus on safety
- One-year experience operating diesel tandem trucks and/or Ready Mix truck driving experience preferred
- Possess a safe driving record
- Maintain an active DOT qualification
- Ability to perform well in a “TEAM” environment
- Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching
- Ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels
- Ability to tolerate working at heights up to 12 feet
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) - with Company matching
- Short-term Disability
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
We pay top dollar. Join the safe driving team at Martin Marietta today!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
At Martin Marietta Materials, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta Materials, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Northwest Charlotte distribution facility looking for a Chemical mixer who will be responsible for accurately reading batch sheets, measuring chemicals, transporting 55 gallon drums of chemicals around warehouse and operating a forklift. Pay BOE
Responsibilities and Duties
- Adhere to FDA guidelines on mixtures and end result product.
- Manufacture batches for liquid fill lines per itemized protocols and in specific order.
- Verify pre-weighed materials and ingredients.
- Weigh, measure, and mix liquids, solids, and powders.
- Use scales and thermometers in auditing batches.
- Be proficient in math to the point that you can work with ranges and tolerances on mathematical instructions.
- Execute batch records, procedures, and safe work practices.
- Ensure correct procedural implementation and documentation.
- Manage material inventory and accounting.
- Ensure product and process effectiveness and purity.
- Maintain a safe, clean, organized work area.
- Observe all safety, PPE, and quality procedures while completing required tasks.
- Must be able to operate lift truck.
Qualifications and Skills
- Material handling experience in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Must be able to lift and stack 50-55 lb continuously
- Inventory control skills experience
- Forklift driving experience required
- High school diploma, GED or verification of specific knowledge
- Good math and communication skills
- All applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening
Walk-In Applications accepted at 9124-C South Tryon Street
Apply online today at https://hrcenter.tempworks.io/en/linkstaffing or call us today at 704-525-4555
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!