Forge Shop Machine Repairer Job Description Sample
Forge Shop Helper - Seattle, WA
Jorgensen Forge is seeking qualified candidates for FORGE HELPER. This is a high heat, heavy industrial environment. The ideal candidate will be an excellent worker with a positive attitude, a team player and have excellent attendance. Must be available for all shifts and weekends. Previous work experience in the metal industry is preferred with skills operating an overhead crane by pendant or box control forklift experience is required.
Must pass drug screen and background check. Position requires US citizenship pursuant to government contractual regulations. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE
Please visit our website at www.jorgensenforge.com to apply.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. EOE
We are one of the few forging companies in the United States offering a totally integrated shop within our facility. Accompanied by our versatile forging and machining operations, heat treating, and efficient lean manufacturing processes, we are a complete open die forging facility that caters to a world of industries from energy to aerospace.
Machine Repairer A
Machine Repairer A Locations:Independence, MO Categories: Operations Apply Job Description Start a new job search Job ID:DOB20180501-42974 With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move.
Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions.
Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future.
When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. POSITION DESCRIPTION Operational Organization: Operations General Definition:
Diagnose mechanical problems on production equipment and machinery and makes the necessary repairs. Duties: 1. Diagnosis mechanical problems and makes the necessary repairs. 2.
Replaces bearings, makes proper lineup, and installs drive couplings. 3. Disassembles and reassembles machines for overhaul and/or repair. 4. Works from blueprints in repairing machine parts and plant equipment. 5.
Records dates, times and findings on Dispatch work order. 6. Obeys safety rules and regulations and wears proper safety equipment. 7. Maintains equipment and work area in a clean and safe condition. 8.
Performs other associated and comparable duties as assigned. 9. Other job duties as assigned. Prerequisites: High school diploma or equivalent required. 1.
Must know, understand and have experience in using precision measurement tools. 2. Has basic experience in operating shop equipment. 3. Specific environmental training is required for incumbents. 4.
Three years mechanical repair experience or two years mechanical repair experience and have obtained a certificate or diploma with course work in mechanical repair from a trade or Vo-tech school that is state accredited or accredited by the National Association of Trade and Technical Schools. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Job Type:Full Time Desired Travel:less than 25% Years of Experience:3-5 Years Education:High School/GED Expertise:Operations Group:Defense
Machine Repairer (Maintenance) - 3Rd Shift
Eaton’s Power Delivery Division is seeking a Machine Repairer (Maintenance) - 3rd Shift. This role is at Badger Drive Facility, Waukesha, WI. PRIMARY FUNCTION:
Inspects, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, plant utilities and buildings. Responsibilities include: mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical repairs. TYPICAL DUTIES:
Repairs malfunctioning machines, equipment, and small tools/parts. Problems for which assistance is required are referred to the supervisor for correct action.
Performs repairs on electrical/electronic equipment to include: motor replacement, hoist pendent replacement, fuses, motor brushes and overloads, etc.
Performs preventive maintenance or lubrication on machinery and equipment to insure proper operation. Makes necessary adjustments or repairs.
Performs repairs on any hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
Performs layout and fabrication of miscellaneous weldments from sketches and drawings using various welding equipment.
Performs machining and forming of parts and material as required.
Performs utility maintenance involving the repair, replacement, and installation of electrical, oil, gas, and steam lines.
Performs building maintenance, such as painting and carpentry.
Operates various industrial vehicles used in material/machine moving or snow removal.
Assists in the installation and relocation involving production machines and equipment.
- Assists in on-the-job training of employees in lower classifications. Assists other classifications with work normally assigned to them. May serve as a project leader and direct the activities of lower classification personnel. May perform duties associated with lower classifications Qualifications
High school diploma or GED completed from an accredited institution.
Minimum 6 years of experience troubleshooting and repairing industrial and electrical machinery.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the work location will be considered. We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters. Job: Manufacturing & Operations Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division Job Level: Entry Level Schedule: Full-time Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No Does this position offer relocation?: No Travel: No Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Shop Tech - Trailer Repairer
The nation's largest trailer dealer. We offer nothing but the best when it comes to trailers and parts.
We are your one-stop shop for all your trailer needs. Trailers built to give you every advantage. Carrying our large inventory of horse trailers, stock trailers and all other kinds of trailers will help you deliver the goods when the job is on the line.
Experience would include electrical wiring, changing wheels, packing bearings and welding. Driving a tractor and a forklift is a must. Customer skills would be very good to have when they come to pick up the repaired trailer.
Must be at least 18 years of age and able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally. Benefits to start after 60 days on the job. You will be supporting the sales and services of our trailers.
Under the direction of the store manager, the service technicians perform hookup, service, repair and accessory installation on new/used trailers and tow vehicles. Welding experience preferred. The ability to safely operate a tractor/bush hog and forklift is required.
Must be familiar with trailer wiring and able to service trailer brakes and axle bearings. Must be able to perform axle and spring swaps on axles rated up to and including dual tandem 12Ks. Brake controller installation experience a plus.
Other responsibilities include in-stacking/assembling/prepping new trailer stock promptly when received and keeping the yard organized and mowed. We need someone with mechanical ability, attention to detail, reliable and able to communicate with our customers.
Machine Shop Supervisor - Rolling Machine Manufactruing
Assists with interviewing, selection, and hiring of new employees.
Motivates, assigns, directs, evaluates, trains, disciplines employees supervised.
Responsible to meet the daily schedule and update and revise it as necessary.
Responsible for the effective and efficient use of personnel and equipment.
Checks jobs in progress to assure customer specifications are met.
Enforces safety regulations. May be assigned to special projects.
Keeps the work area clean and orderly.
Provides technical support to Sales or other departments as required.
Compiles and maintains necessary paperwork.
Assures equipment is maintained in good working condition.
3 - 5 years experience as a hands-on machinist;
Must have rotational machining background
Previous supervisory experience of at least 5 years
Ability to read blueprints & use measurement gages (i.e. micrometers, calipers, & rules)
Excellent interpersonal relations & communication skills & training in conflict resolution
Able to speak, read, write and understand English;
Must have strong mechanical aptitude and interest in continuous improvement;
Must have advanced math and strong computer skills, ability to perform basic engineering calculations and compose business letters;
Must be detail oriented, work well under pressure, and be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Able to work for up to 12 hours.
Must be able to be on call for customer emergencies. May require weekend &/or extra hours during the regular work week.
Must be willing to work any shift (1st shift 7a-3p; 2nd shift 3p-11p; 3rd shift 11p-7a).
Machine Shop Manager
MACHINE SHOP MANAGER
The candidate for this position will be a dedicated worker with a positive attitude, have a minimum of five years of shop management experience, proven abilities in manual machining, the ability to coach and supervise manual machinists and the desire to succeed, the ability and experience of working in an industrial shop environment.
The Shop Manager will oversee all shop activities including the day-to-day operation of shop.
- Supervise, schedule, coach and discipline, and in general manage all inside shop employees to include Machinists, Cylinder Repair Techs, Pump Repair Technicians, Welder/Fabricators and the Shop Coordinator
- Must be able to assist Manual machinist with set-up issues, drawing interpretations, calculations and material specifications.
- Maintain and give updates to the shop production schedule, communicate all work in progress and inform upper management of potential problems with agreed deadlines.
- Work with the planning team and senior management to establish work schedules which reflect the shop capacity.
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical journal specifications & procedures.
- Communicate to all levels of the organization and work with estimators on complex job quotes to validate estimator’s expectations of process and scope of job.
- Assist machinist in set-up and quality control. Coach and train operators to make adjustments to set-ups and programs to improve yield and cycle times.
- Provide training and coaching in production, in-process quality inspection, material handling, equipment safety, and hazardous materials.
- Plan jobs and preventive maintenance to fully utilize shop resources, and monitor employees to ensure machines are running at optimal efficiencies.
- Calculate material stock sizes & lengths. Coordinate best methods of Remanufacturing. Manage inventory including oversight of raw materials availability for Welding Shop, Machine Shop and Repair Shop.
- Inspect all jobs to ensure no Components or parts fail established Quality Control guidelines.
- Create Job Traveler Forms for each job/customer to track employee time and parts cost, then complete test reports.
- Increase production and quality, eliminate warranty, and constantly improve processes.
- Develops and maintains communication in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers using established guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Management and Supervisory Skills
- Technical Shop Skills
- Machining Capacity
- Basic computer knowledge and skill including Microsoft Office, Outlook, laptop
- Customer/Client Focus
- Time Management
- Written and oral communication skills
- Training/coaching abilities
- Hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, fabrication abilities
This position oversees the day to day operation of the industrial machine shop and all positions working within it to include, but not limited to, Welders/Fabricators, Manual Machinists, and shop coordinator.
Successful candidates must have a clean driving record, pass a background check and comply with our drug free safety programs and policies, including pre-employment drug test.
Lightning Bay Pneu-Draulics is a leading provider of industrial and hydraulic service. Based out of Tampa, FL with an additional branch in Jacksonville, Florida. We provide shop and field service to our customers and troubleshoot, install, re-manufacture, or redesign fluid power systems. Our shop capabilities surpass all others in the industry as we have full machining and fabrication capabilities and the ability to re-manufacture and test equipment for our customers. Some industries that we serve include: marine, mining, manufacturing, fertilizer and chemical, food and beverage, and metal processing.
Lightning Bay is an EOE/Drug Free Workplace
Quality Control Inspector For Job Machine Shop
This position is responsible for the inspection of machined parts, raw material, finished parts, stamped, forged parts and assemblies at various stages of product manufacturing.
- Supports manufacturing with mechanical and visual inspection
- When needed complete customer data packages.
- Records and maintains quality records required by quality procedures.
- Willingly accepts and shares skills and knowledge
- Understands and meets quality standards
- Calibrates equipment to MIL-STD-120 and maintains calibration logs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by the following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Understanding of machining processes to reveal possible problems.
- Accurately and descriptively communicates all information as useful.
- Helps with various other duties as needed
3 + years experience as a Quality Control Inspector
Machine Shop Laborers 1St And 2Nd Shift (4-10 Hour Work Days!!!)
An established machine shop in Moline, IL. is looking to fill the following positions on 1st/2nd shifts (MUST BE OPEN TO BOTH SHIFTS TO APPLY)
- Shear Operators
- Punch Press
- Press Break
- Over Head Crane
Must have certification or on the job experience of at least one year, high school diploma, able to lift 50 lbs. plus, shop math, pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
These are all starting at $10-$10.50 per hour base with opportunity to increase once hired on after 480 hours. The hours are as followed:
1st shift Monday-Thursday 6 a.m.-4 p.m. (4 / 10 hour days!! )
2nd shift Monday-Thursday 3 p.m.-1 p.m.
No mandatory over time required but an option on Friday and Saturday.
Qualified individuals should apply online asap using this link: www.desemploymentgroup.com Click on the "Career Seekers" and then apply online link on the Career Seeker page. After filling out your online profile please come in for an interview @ DES Employment Group 3060 State Street, Bettendorf, IA 52722 between 8AM-5PM Monday-Friday. Be sure to bring your ID and SSC or Birth Certificate with you!
No Fee To The Employee
Machine Shop Operations Manager
B & E Aircraft Component Repair is an FAA approved repair station supplying complex repair solutions to both the OEM and airline industries. We are a manufacturer of precision machined components & assemblies for consumption within our organization. We have been in business for over 50 years and provide a clean, air-conditioned, drug-free work environment.
B&E Aircraft Component Repair Inc. has An immediate opening for an Operations Manager at our Southwest Florida Fort Myers facility. Repair Station Operations Manager possesses knowledge and background in the aerospace machining/MRO industry. They are expected to plan, direct and coordinate the shop floor daily operations of the repair station. The Operations Manager must effectively interact & communicate with the organization's sales, engineering and quality control departments. Individuals need to be technically minded, able to demonstrate numerical and scientific ability and have keen problem-solving skills. They must be able to function in a team environment and provide technical support to the entire organization across all product lines.
The preferred applicant will have experience in the following areas:
- Previous five years manufacturing & plant management experience preferred.
- Blueprint reading and interpretation, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
- Excellent team building, communication, problem-solving, mathematics skills.
- Working knowledge of “G” code programming and machine interface.
- Understanding of performing tool offsets, milling & lathe setups and prove-outs.
- Higher level candidates that maintain CAD/CAM experience are encouraged to apply.
- Basic knowledge of FAA 145 repair station regulatory requirements preferred.
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office Suite and other software programs.
- Compensation will be adjusted accordingly for additional skill sets.
Successful candidates will be offered a highly competitive salary and benefits package to include the following:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Company Paid and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with Company Contribution
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Holidays
Note: Company benefits eligibility is effective after successful completion of the probationary period and/or during open enrollment periods.
Resumes & Career Opportunities:
- To apply online, please send your resume to:
CNC Machine Shop Supervisor, Production Supervisor
CNC Machine Shop Supervisor, Production Supervisor – Machine parts manufacturing firm seeks a CNC Machine Shop Production Supervisor to supervise up to 12 employees, and set up lathe machines. You will work the swing shift at their facility in Arlington, TX.
This is a full-time opportunity where you will earn up to $24 an hour, depending on your experience, plus overtime at $36 an hour. If hired directly by the company, you will enjoy an excellent company benefits package. You will work from 2pm – 2:30am.
To qualify for this position, you must have at least four (5) years of experience as a CNC Machine Shop Production Supervisor in a high volume machine shop environment. In addition you must speak English fluently and:
- Be familiar with general shop safety practices.
- Be able to read blue prints.
- Be familiar with G-code and using MasterCam software.
- Have experience using HAAS, Fanuc and Mazatrol controls.
- Experience with (GD&T) is preferred, but not required.
- Be able to set up lathe machines.
- Have a High School Diploma or GED. Some college coursework is a plus.
If you consider yourself an organized production supervisor who can manage a team effectively and seek a career opportunity at a growing firm, then please send your resume, for immediate consideration.
Or, call 210-521-1700 to schedule an interview.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!