Forge Shop Supervisor Job Description Sample
Forge Shop Helper - Seattle, WA
Jorgensen Forge is seeking qualified candidates for FORGE HELPER. This is a high heat, heavy industrial environment. The ideal candidate will be an excellent worker with a positive attitude, a team player and have excellent attendance. Must be available for all shifts and weekends. Previous work experience in the metal industry is preferred with skills operating an overhead crane by pendant or box control forklift experience is required.
Must pass drug screen and background check. Position requires US citizenship pursuant to government contractual regulations. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE
Please visit our website at www.jorgensenforge.com to apply.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. EOE
We are one of the few forging companies in the United States offering a totally integrated shop within our facility. Accompanied by our versatile forging and machining operations, heat treating, and efficient lean manufacturing processes, we are a complete open die forging facility that caters to a world of industries from energy to aerospace.
Shift Supervisor - Store# 23465, King OF Prussia Valley Forge
Summary of Experience Customer service experience in a retail or restaurant environment - 1 year
Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
Six (6) months of experience in a position that required constant interacting with and fulfilling the requests of customers
Prepare and coach the preparation of food and beverages to standard recipes or customized for customers, including recipe changes such as temperature, quantity of ingredients or substituted ingredients
At least six (6) months of experience delegating tasks to other employees and/or coordinating the tasks of two (2) or more employees
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to direct the work of others
Ability to learn quickly
Effective oral communication skills
Knowledge of the retail environment
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to work as part of a team
Ability to build relationships Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals; including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Press Shop Supervisor
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Under the direction and supervision of the Plant Manager, this floor supervisory position is responsible for overseeing, directing and supervising assigned Press Shop Personnel (Local 3205 United Steelworkers of America) and coordinating Press Shop operations.
This position exists to manage and oversee Press forging operations with overall responsibilities for hourly employees. The position requires organization, implementation and staffing for daily operations and projects relevant to the manufacturing area. Position requires the leadership skills necessary to help in defining, communicating and implementing the safety, production and quality goals and objectives of the Company.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Support ISO/TS 16949:2002 initiatives.
2. Planning, directing and monitoring the daily operation of the Press Shop efficiently, on time and in compliance with policies, procedures and work instructions.
3. Inspection of forgings to ensure the quality requirements are met.
4. On the job training for current and future Press Shop workforce to ensure qualification of positions are sufficient to maintain necessary production capabilities and maintaining records of such training.
5. Troubleshoot production problems and resolve for present and future runs.
6. Promote and enforce safety on a plant wide basis.
7. Encourage an attitude for continuous improvement from all employees.
8. On the floor supervision of workforce, monitoring quality of product and evaluating and assisting in improving production efficiencies.
9. Programming and operation of induction furnace.
10. Perform and record dimensional checks on production parts.
11. Keep track of hours for employees and job for production, set-up and downtime periods.
12. Administer first-aid to employees and make out accident investigation forms.
13. Order materials and supplies needed for optimal utilization of plant equipment and processes.
14. Work with Maintenance department employees to reduce downtime and schedule planned activities to ensure production capabilities.
15. Write up dies and tolls in need of repair.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:- Continued:
16. Seek continual improvement in all areas assigned and implement those improvements.
17. Promote, develop and train personnel to ensure their qualifications and skills are sufficient to maintain necessary production capabilities and meet established job classifications.
18. Maintain high business ethics and supervisory standards.
19. Support and promote safety within department and on a plant wide basis. Conduct daily safety walk-around inspections and enforcement of machine operation, related safety, and work rules.
20. Provide leadership necessary to achieve production goals, implement company policies as well as promote and carry out company and/or department initiatives and/or directives provided. Support company management team members.
21. Keep Plant Manager and other personnel, when necessary, aware of pertinent issues, information, etc. warranting their knowledge, action and/or resolution.
22. Ensures proper data base/records management systems and files are maintained and backed up for areas of responsibility.
23. Promote and maintain a flexible, cooperative, team oriented and customer focus within and between departments, vendors and customers.
24. Other duties as may be requested by supervisor.
- Previous production supervisory experience preferred, with two to five years of manufacturing experience preferably in forge and/or heavy manufacturing industry.
- Background/experience in metallurgy is preferred.
- Possess and demonstrate good communication, organization, planning, problem solving, goal setting, and performance measurement and follow-through skills. (Able to communicate effectively with all personnel and departments.)
- Able to work flexible hours required for fulfilling job duties and responsibilities and different shifts as needed by the Company, which includes working 9 to 10 hours per day or as long as it takes to get a job done, early shifts and weekends.
- Excellent mentoring, staff development and training skills.
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic, team, goals and results oriented.
- Project a positive business image, lead by example, be a team player, work under minimal guidance/direction and be a self-starter.
- Basic PC and computer proficiency related to position, which includes Microsoft Business Office product, basic spreadsheets, word documents, e-mail, department programs and related company systems.
- Able to work in a varied, fast-paced, changing environment and accept change positively.
- Able to deal effectively with strong personalities and difficult situations and challenging people found within a production and union environment.
- Able to meet and maintain position productivity and quality requirements.
- Able to meet and maintain company attendance expectations.
- Able to write and issue written memos, instructions, processes and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality. Able to handle information in a confidential need to know basis only.
Shop Supervisor (Indianapolis, IN)
The Shop Supervisor will supervise, train and develop assigned staff creating a team working environment. Ensure compliance with company and government required policies and procedures. Work with the shop team to meet safety goals. Coordinate the inspection, maintenance and repair of linehaul equipment and/or supervise the rebuild of components and equipment repair. Ensure that repairs are timely for meeting system demands and for providing safe, reliable and driver acceptable equipment.
For more information and to submit your application, please go to https://yrc.referrals.selectminds.com/yrcfreight/jobs/shop-supervisor-indianapolis-in-5674
CNC Machine Shop Supervisor, Production Supervisor
CNC Machine Shop Supervisor, Production Supervisor – Machine parts manufacturing firm seeks a CNC Machine Shop Production Supervisor to supervise up to 12 employees, and set up lathe machines. You will work the swing shift at their facility in Arlington, TX.
This is a full-time opportunity where you will earn up to $24 an hour, depending on your experience, plus overtime at $36 an hour. If hired directly by the company, you will enjoy an excellent company benefits package. You will work from 2pm – 2:30am.
To qualify for this position, you must have at least four (5) years of experience as a CNC Machine Shop Production Supervisor in a high volume machine shop environment. In addition you must speak English fluently and:
- Be familiar with general shop safety practices.
- Be able to read blue prints.
- Be familiar with G-code and using MasterCam software.
- Have experience using HAAS, Fanuc and Mazatrol controls.
- Experience with (GD&T) is preferred, but not required.
- Be able to set up lathe machines.
- Have a High School Diploma or GED. Some college coursework is a plus.
If you consider yourself an organized production supervisor who can manage a team effectively and seek a career opportunity at a growing firm, then please send your resume, for immediate consideration.
Or, call 210-521-1700 to schedule an interview.
Hydraulics Shop Supervisor
We are seeking a Hydraulics Shop Supervisor to join our team! You will manage, maintain, and repair industrial production and processing machinery.
- Develop and supervise the hydraulics department
- Repair, install, and adjust hydraulic systems including large cylinders, pumps, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair defective equipment
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Respond to work order requests in a timely fashion
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in machinery or other related fields
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with industrial tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- IFPS Fluid Power Specialist Certification preferred
FEMCO is a diversified custom manufacturer of quality OEM and aftermarket parts as well as a provider of emergency repair services. We service a very diverse customer base made up from an equally diverse group of industries, including: Oil & Gas, Construction & Mining, Recycling and Industrial Manufacturing.
A transportation company is currently looking for an experienced workingShop Supervisor.
This company offers competitive hourly wages, excellent benefits packages, ongoing training, and career advancement opportunities!
General Job Duties:
- Supervise maintenance operations.
- Identify and recommend actions to improve operating efficiency.
- Repair, diagnose, install, and maintain automotive and diesel engine fleet and fleet equipment, including vans and buses.
- Perform road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in training as required.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Experience with diesel and automotive vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- For Supervisor, a minimum of 3 years of hands-on mechanical supervisory experience
- Strong background and understanding of New York State DOT processes, laws and regulations
- Valid driver's license
- Subject to background check and drug screen
- ASE Certifications strongly preferred. Must be willing to obtain.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Machine Shop Supervisor
2nd Shift Machine Shop Supervisor needed for a rapidly expanding, short run machine shop. Candidates will be setting up and running a Mazak Vertical Milling Center and will be quickly changing tools, downloading programs and setting up fixtures, mostly without supervision.
Candidate will also supervise other 2nd shift machining activity
Excellent opportunity to get in with a high-tech, contract shop with multiple highly skilled engineers & an even better opportunity for High Level Machinist that would like to take the next step ad advance in their career
- Full knowledge of Mazak controls, or equivalent previous CNC set-up experience required
- Working knowledge of speeds and feeds, and of cutting tools and their applications.
- Read prints and process travelers without supervision
- Ability to work closely with the programing department to develop and insure proper vertical & horizontal machining techniques
- Required to set up more than one machine in a cellular environment is required.
- Required to lift or move objects up-to 50 lbs
Machine Shop Supervisor - 2Nd Shift
SV Microwave, a world leader in the RF/Microwave industry is seeking a 2nd Shift Machine Shop Supervisor to join our team. The Machine Shop Supervisor is a working supervisor who leads a team of machinists to produce components efficiently and accurately. Our products are used in the defense, satellite, aerospace and telecommunication industries where performance, reliability and durability matter.
Map out resources to (1) meet production schedules, prevent bottlenecks and maximize thru-put, (2) achieve quality objectives (3) meet absorption commitments and (4) support sales department though production of samples and prototypes
- Review and disposition MDRs for machine shop components and institute corrective actions
- Assure accuracy of documentation
- Initiate productivity and quality improvement
- Troubleshoot machine shop problems and resolve any tooling issues
- Coordinate resolution of technical issues in cooperation with other departments
- Initiate product improvements
- Provide order status updates and resolve problems
- Delegate work and insure proper production reporting
- Insure safe work place
- Meet department budget, which is established with Management
- Monitor variance reports and take necessary corrective action
- 5 to 10 years of hands-on machining experience with demonstrated proficiency on the most challenging machines, including CNCs
- Familiar with programming of CNC multi-axis lathes
- Ability to develop production processes
- High level of expertise with measuring devices including micrometers, calipers, drop gages, etc.
- 3 to 5 years of supervision experience in a precision machining operation
- Tooling knowledge
- High school or equivalent technical education
Complete benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401k company matched contribution
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority; Female; Disabled; Veteran; Sexual Orientation; Gender Identity; National Origin
Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident; we are unable to provide sponsorship.
Apply online at: www.svmicrowave.com/employment or send your resume to email@example.com
Our product lines include commercial off the shelf (COTS) items and custom, highly reliable, highly repeatable products. When it comes to the design and manufacture of custom products, SV Microwave has set the standard in RF and microwave connectors, components, adapters and cable assemblies. SV Microwave is committed to helping customers meet their RF/Microwave performance goals with our highly talented engineering staff and extremely responsive sales team.
SV Microwave was acquired by Amphenol Corporation in May of 2005. Amphenol Corp. is the world's second largest connector company, producing electronic and fiber optic connectors, cable, and interconnect systems for applications converging technologies of voice, video and data communications, industrial/automotive and military/aerospace.
SV Microwave is part of Amphenol Military & Aerospace Operations (AMAO) division which is perfectly aligned to provide the latest technologies, cost-effective manufacturing and supply chain management, and local support to solve any military and aerospace interconnect need.
Breaker Shop Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: The Shop Supervisor is to help assess resource needs as they relate to the current production requirements, ensure availability of manpower and equipment and provide supervision and leadership in regard to shop services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Â Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assesses job specific manpower needs and coordinates assignments with technicians. Ensures core technical requirements for each job are clearly understood and technicians are appropriately assigned to projects by matching their knowledge, skill, and abilities to project specifications.
2. Actively communicates with other department to assure activities are properly coordinated. Receives technician reports and verify completeness of test sheets and labor/material summary sheets. Support I&A and shop estimate communication to sales and estimating teams as needed.
3. Identifies suppliers with the capabilities to meet material and equipment needs for shop and field activities. Proactively follows up and resolves issues regarding material and equipment availability and delivery times.
4. Provide updates for master technician schedule
5. Responsible for maintenance of master lists for equipment and special tools as well as preventive maintenance and calibration schedules.
6. Maintains job folders and verifies that all required documentation is up to date and ensures adherence to process discipline
7. Helps ensure shop area is clean and organized for efficiency
8. Contains material costs by eliminating wasteful practices and implementing appropriate control measures. Makes recommendations regarding material and resource procurement to complete assigned projects.
9. Oversee documentation/receipt of all incoming equipment
10. Participate in conducting regular reviews for Shop Personnel
11. Maintain an organized, clean Receiving Area, Counter and Shop Facilities
12. Advise Inventory Specialist regarding Shop supplies, tools and equipment
13. Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for each Supervisory task
14. Perform shop work as needed
15. Oversee turnaround on test report completion
16. Develop, implement and hold accountable for processes, procedures and quality standards
17. Collaborate with sales and quotations group to support estimates for proposals
18. Drive collaboration and sharing of resources with other locations
19. Oversee large project (PEG) shop staffing and support
Additional duties as requested commensurate with successful administration of quoting and order activity.
PERFORMANCE FACTORS: The performance factors described here are core abilities that translate into desired on-the-job behaviors which contribute to the employee successfully carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities of this job.
1. Adaptability: Shows resilience in the face of changing circumstances and shifting priorities; works well under stress and pressure and is not easily discouraged. Does not become defensive when receiving feedback from others, but instead uses feedback as a tool to do a better job.
2. Coaching: Monitors day to day work performance of employees and provides guidance in improving current job performance. Gives employees feedback that is specific and behavioral rather than judgmental.
3. Collaboration: Works effectively with others at all levels in the organization in order to achieve meaningful results; is patient and cool headed; communicates a willingness to consider the suggestions and ideas of others.
4. Customer Satisfaction: Responds to customer needs, questions, and concerns in an accurate, courteous and diplomatic manner; negotiates "win-win" outcomes.
5. Dedication: Sets high personal standards and places job accomplishment high on the priority list; takes the initiative regarding job functions and responsibilities; able to stick to a task or pursue a goal over the long-term.
6. Organizing and Planning: Juggles multiple priorities and properly identifies issues requiring immediate attention from those that are less urgent.
7. Team Builder: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views and able to is build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Puts success of team above own interests and supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position is considered to have moderate physical demands that requires the incumbent to communicate orally, write, hear at a conversational level, and operate a fork lift and operate noncommercial motor vehicles.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required (25-75% time on job) to stand and walk throughout the workday and occasionally (up to 25% time on job) sit at a desk or workstation. On rare occasions (no more than 5% time on job) the employee will be required to stoop, kneel crawl and climb ladders up to 3-4'.
On occasion (up to 25% time on job) the employee will be required to pull wheel mounted breakers weighing 300-400 lbs. up to 30-40' and be required to carry up to 40 lbs. a distance of 50'
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!