Forging Press Operator Ii Job Description Sample
Forging Press Operator
Milwaukee Forge, LLC is a full service forging manufacturer dedicated to the production of steel forged components. Our expertise in forging and engineered services sets us apart from our competition, making us an outstanding career choice. We are currently seeking Forging Press Operator candidates with experience in an industrial setting.
We are seeking workers who are qualified and/or willing and able to learn how to operate a Forging Press on 1st or 3rd shift. We require the ability to perform basic machine set up. This position has a starting wage of $15.00 an hour which can quickly grow to $18.48 - $20.36 an hour.
Machine Operator II - Press Break - 1ST Shift And/Or 2ND Shift
Machine Operator II - Press Break - 1ST Shift and/or 2ND Shift
Description JOB SUMMARY The Press Brake Set Up/Operator will be responsible for performing all phases of the press brake operation. This will includeset up,programingand loading/unloading parts. ESSENTIAL FUNCTION/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sets up work from order or prints according to job requirements as directed by the Supervisor and/or Group Leader.
As required, enters program into the machine.
Uses precision measuring instruments to check work. Performs first piece inspection to double check dimensions and tolerances before proceeding with remainder of order. Continues to inspect parts as order is being run.
As required, positions machines in relation to the appropriate axis as planned in programming.
Sets stops for depth and angles.
Removes finished parts from machine, counts and places on skid.
Transports materials as needed using forklift.
Performs necessary housekeeping duties to maintain clean work environment.
Responsible for basic maintenance of tools in work area.
Performs other duties within the scope of the job assignments as directed by the Supervisor or Group Leader.
Meets department quality, attendance and productivity requirements.
Performs duties in compliance with all safety rules and regulations required by Company, federal, state and local provisions.
All other duties as assigned
Qualifications KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to read blueprints.
Must have prior experience operating Brake Presses r comparable equipment.
Must be able to use tape measure for and Press Brakes.Calipers for Press Brakes.
Ability to drive a forklift.
Must be able to communicate effectively and work in a cooperative manner to support a team environment.
Must have satisfactory job performance and an acceptable attendance and disciplinary record in current position. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires moderate to considerable physical effort working with average or heavy weight material, not to exceed fifty pounds (50 lbs). This position also requires standing for extended periods of time. The incumbent must have the ability to carry objects; perform dynamic activities including reaching and stretching; and frequent bending and twisting of the torso. VISUAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Continuous, and at times, concentrated mental and visual attention where the work is repetitive or duties are diversified and require continuous alertness and /or activity. WORKING CONDITIONS:
Typical shop floor with possible exposure to dirt, dust, fumes, heat, cold, noise, vibration, oil and water. May be exposed to any number of these elements. SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
Safety glasses with side shield steel toed safety shoes, gloves and other personal protective equipment as necessary.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Kentucky-Louisville
Textron Tools & Test: Greenlee
Req ID: 261791
Press Operator II (Print Shop)- 2Nd Shift
With 15,000 employees and 40 locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe. Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more. Operates machines making adjustments to machines to maximize up time, rates and yields.
Day-to-Day Role: Perform necessary line checks as well as perform and assist with all type of changeovers including size and imprint changes on press. Assist in overseeing the operation of all printing equipment as directed by the supervisor.
Record all machine shift production on production paperwork. Visually inspect product for obvious defects and quality issues Load and unload paper, mount and shaft rolls, thread machine, maintain correct ink levels and colors within ink stations. Make necessary adjustments to ensure proper registration and maintain strict quality performance.
Transfer required quality of paper to press. Required to do ink toning as needed on press. Meet set-up reduction requirements by pre-staging plate cylinders, inks, paper, etc.
Follow up after setups to ensure inks are returned, plates washed and returned on both wide and narrow presses. Maintain all materials, supplies, associated areas and assigned lines in a clean and orderly manner/condition and follow Safety and Sanitation procedures/policies. Work with water base inks and mount printing plates on equipment.
Perform and assist with monthly and annual preventive maintenance on assigned equipment.
Perform other duties as assign. Core Skills and
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following: Two (2) years of industrial printing experience. Comexi, Wolverine, Kidder experience preferred.
Demonstrate minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to work overtime as needed.
Ability to work weekends as needed. Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. https://www.dartcontainer.com/eeoaa/ If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (800) 545-3278 Ext 3370 or email us at ADArequestsdart.biz . Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state. If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (800) 545-3278 Ext 3390 or email us at applicationassistancedart.biz for assistance.
Description Essential functions include: * Works in a two to three person team to forge and trim parts for use in automobile hub bearing units
Sets up and uses machine interfaces to operate a forging press, trimming press, electric billet furnace and billet hopper
Builds up die and tooling sets
Performs tooling changes of forging and trimming presses
Checks and maintains fluid levels of line equipment
Performs daily maintenance and cleaning of forging line equipment and the line area
Accurately completes quality and production control documents
Reads tooling and part prints
Uses gauges to accurately measure and verify proper part dimensions
Operates a fork-lift and overhead crane
This position requires a combination of standing and walking for an entire eight to ten hour shift _Ideal Candidate Description/ Weight Scale: _AttributeWeight Scale: 1- 10 * Focus on safety 10 * High School Diploma or equivalent 10 * Experience in manufacturing and or mechanically inclined 9 * Knowledge of basic machine operation / controls 10 * Ability to perform repetitive tasks 10 * Ability to work in a fast paced, physically demanding environment 10 * Ability to trouble shoot processes and line equipment 10 * Capable of working in challenging work conditions 10 * Physically fit / capable of lifting up to 75lbs 10 * Forging experience 5 * Mechanical experience/Mechanically inclined 9 * Ability to work unsupervised and lead a 2 to 3 person production team 8 Job: Forging Machine Setter, Operator, and Tender, Metal and Plastic
Primary Location:* Illinois-Carol Stream-795 Kimberly Drive
Job Posting:* Oct 15, 2014, 12:00:00 AM
Req ID:* 795109
Forging Operator Level 2
At this level the associate has demonstrated the proficiency to do their job with only limited help while maintaining performance objectives on standard work processes.
This includes recognition of routine problems and the ability to keep the process running by making appropriate adjustments to correct the problems. Essential
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates ability to effectively use tools introduced at Level 1 in order to complete adjustments needed in the trainer’s absence. This includes the following: using necessary machine controls for adjustments, die and holder end and side shifts, understanding the set-up card, understanding the die and part identifier (a.k.a.
UTNS#), capable of checking dies for proper installation, cleaning/inspecting of dies and holders. • Capable of completing cell PVD Boards. • Understands the purpose and operation of Pyrometer Infrared Camera. • Capable of performing daily and weekly machine maintenance. • Capable of basic Heater operation. • Capable of basic robot operations and adjustments as required. • Capable of basic Trim Press operations and adjustments as required. • Understandings of proper re-heat procedure. • Knowledge of process differences when dealing with exotic materials and material segregation. • Qualified to perform in process inspections. • Recognize and comply with all applicable Swagelok procedures. • Understands and interprets production schedule. • Perform start-stop procedures including, but not limited to: machine and conveyor start-up, loading of raw material, and machine shutdown. • Perform simple commands on the control panel. • Perform simple and advanced changes, adjustments, and set-up to tooling and fixtures. • Complete records and forms. • Check forged parts visually and dimensionally according to quality standards. • Recognize and report machine malfunctions and part discrepancies to supervisor. • Preset tooling as required. • Perform daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual machine maintenance. • Correct problems for set-up, non-conformance, tooling and machining processes. • Make suggestions for process changes that may improve machining operations. • Assist with associate orientation as assigned. • Perform job related administrative tasks using SAP. • Maneuver around machine, includes but may not be limited to standing, bending, stretching and walking. RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience
Required: • High School diploma or equivalent • Basic computer software skills (e.g.
Microsoft Office). • Able to read and follow work instructions. • Familiar with operation of PLC interface screens. • Requires the use of hand tools, SAP, and standard work. • Must have good mechanical aptitude and be able to utilize a micrometer, caliper, and 6” rule to gauge parts. Preferred: • 2-4 years of forging experience preferred. • Knowledge of products and processes is also preferred. Critical Competencies:
Customer Focus • Direct and assist others in getting required support work completed in a timely manner • Independently display prioritization skills • Understand and anticipate the internal customers’ needs and initiate action to meet them • Meeting customer needs is their driver Reliability and Integrity • Drives improvements and helps others make a positive impact on quality and plant metrics • Along with providing it themselves, encourages others to provide reliable information • Acts as a direct liaison with product, process and quality Engineers to ensure appropriate application of technology • Supports organizational changes positively through actions and words Flexibility • Always willing to be flexible in their schedule • Shares knowledge that they have obtained with others • Open to taking on new challenges • Can easily be interrupted or redirected to a new task, or site based on Swagelok’s needs • Has useable ideas to help increase equipment reliability Teamwork • Creates strong morale and spirit within the team by encouraging others and making them feel valued and important • Facilitates Root Cause analysis effort for equipment reliability • Facilitate Shift Start up and departmental meetings • Promotes group reputation in a positive manner • Effectively coordinates resources to achieve ZCD (Zero Customer Disappointments) Communication • Communicates well with all different levels in the organization (shop floor, office, engineering, supervisors, managers, directors, lean leaders, etc.) • Promotes own ideas and information with others • Drill-down to root cause in all work order solutions • Communicate through appropriate escalation channels when required • Is a voice for Quality and will take time to explain theories and philosophies • Receives input from others Accountability • Drives team goals and results • Takes ownership of the actions and results of the team as a whole • Coordinate, communicate, and execute in the absence of supervision • Control emotions and reactions according to the situation and the audience • Provides accurate and detailed documentation including the use of SIS • Provides feedback to Supervision and guidance for other specialists in training Working Conditions and/or Physical
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards. • Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards. • May be required to pass pre-employment and annual Vision Acuity tests • Must be able to lift loads of 50lbs or less. Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008. Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.
Printer Operator /Print Press Operator /Print Press Setup Operator
Printer Operator /Print Press Operator /Print Press Setup Operator
We are actively seeking for a talented, polished and professional Printer Operator /Print Press Operator /Print Press Setup Operator with one of our technology client in
Raleigh, North Carolina .
Raleigh, North Carolina
Industry: Technology Client
Required level of education: Minimum High School Diploma
Duration: 10 - 12+ Months (Possible temp to hire)
Rate: $14.11/hr; W2
- Experience in Print Press operation and Mailroom operation is highly preferred.
- Operate digital and color equipment as required
- Possesses skills and competencies to deliver contracted customer requirements
- Point of contact to receive, review and electronically log customer jobs
- Operate standard finishing equipment (e.g. paper cutters, inserter, laminating, and hole punchers)
- Operate office/production equipment (printer, copier, fax, scan)
- Apply asset tags to office equipment and update database
- Track and coordinate the move, add or change of office equipment assets at customer accounts
- Process basic forms and update information using a PC Collect and submit meter reads
- Respond to print /copy equipment issues by contacting service personnel using specific PC applications
- Operate high volume printers and copiers as required
- Operate high volume folding and inserting mail equipment
Able to demonstrate computer skills Functional knowledge of PC (keyboard functions, mouse, etc.) Able to demonstrate Intermediate use of: MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Web, Internet, and Intranet -- Create spreadsheets -- Use standard formulas -- Sort -- Filter, and create graphs -- Import/export information -- Embed files into applications -- Move data between Word and Excel Able to demonstrate ability to use / locate devices (drives, files, printers) attached to network Able to demonstrate ability to send and receive emails , find, open and save documents and files, perform data entry Able to demonstrate ability to use internet explorer for web browsing , send documents to preconfigured printer. Able to demonstrate basic math skills (division, multiplication, percentages) Able to demonstrate business maturity and professionalism.
Experienced Flexo Press Operator And/Or Press Operator Apprentice
Prime Package & Label Co., LLC (an equal opportunity employer and established label printing company) is looking to hire an experienced press operator.
401K, health and dental insurance, paid vacations and holidays.
Please provide resume.
Prime Package & Label’s mission is to create customer loyalty by providing complete customer satisfaction through 100% on time delivery of top quality labels at the lowest cost. We will accomplish this goal through continuous improvement in the areas of quality, product development, productivity, safety, waste reduction and customer focus.
Forge Press Operator (2Nd Shift)
The Forge Press Operator position will work 2nd shift, Monday thru Friday 1:30 PM to 10:00 PM, with overtime as needed . This is a new shift in our forging department, hence training will be done on 1st shift, Monday thru Friday 5:00 AM to 2:30 PM for a few months before the 2nd shift is sufficiently staffed and trained.
- Operate forge press and set up
- Perform visual inspection of forged parts
- Perform dimensional inspection of forged parts
- Perform minor maintenance of forge press and components
- Die assembly of forge tooling
- Shot blasting of forged parts
- Applicant must be able to read and follow process sheets and parameters
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior forging experience desired, but not required
- Mandatory pre-employment drug screen
Physical & Safety
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs
- Ability to stand for 8 or more hours
- Exposed to hazards that require body protection (gloves, pants, steel toes, safety glasses, etc.)
- Follow all safety requirements
- Perform daily housekeeping activities to ensure a clean and safe work area
Forge Press Operator
Job Purpose / Key Performance Outputs: Operate Forge Press to forge products from hot billets.
Essential Functions Performed: (functions required to achieve the job’s purpose)
● Setup and operate forge press, including changing bottom and top dies, back plates and shims per setup sheet.
● Adjust ram as needed.
● Pick up and retrieve dies from pre-heat bench
● Operate forklift
● Use of tongues to pick up and place hot billets into die.
● Visually inspect for billet color and heat alignment.
● Visually align billet into dies.
● Inspect forged parts to print, using instruments.
● Setup and operate trim press as needed.
● Setup and operate furnace.
● Perform press PM as needed.
● Apply Lean Manufacturing/ Continuous Improvement methods and tools to make work process improvements in quality, cost, delivery, safety, and productivity.
Core Job Competencies: (skills, knowledge, abilitiesrequired to perform essential functions)
● Working knowledge of setup and operation of Forge Press operations.
● Basic blue print reading.
● Basic PC skills for data entry and retrieval.
● Knowledge of benching dies
● Ability to use and operate hand tools (air grinders)
● Working knowledge of trim press setup and operation.
● Ability to startup and operate rotary and slot furnaces.
● Ability to use the forge setup sheet
● Basic capability in using calibrators and micrometers (basic measuring skills)
● Basic Shop Math skills
● Knowledge of forge operation safety rules and requirements
● Fork lift operator certification
● Knowledge of basic rotary and slot furnace Preventative Maintenance
● Basic knowledge of forge and trim operations
Minimum Education Level, Type, Certification, etc. :
High School Diploma or GED
Two years of trade school training, preferred
Minimum Experience – Types of experience and the number of years:
Zero years’ forging experience 2 years manufacturing environment experience
Three or more year’s setup and operation of forging presses, preferred
● Manufacturing / shop environment with exposure to high temperatures up to 2300, summer room
temperatures at 90 plus degrees.
● Lifting and/or moving objects weighing up to 50 or more pounds.
● Many hours standing/walking (10 hours) involved.
● Working with electrical and pneumatic hand power tools and metal parts
● Required fork lift operation certification.
● Handling with hand tools extremely hot metal billets.
● Operate a 130 mechanical forge trim press.
Amada Press Brake Machine Operator
We are seeking a Brake Machine Operator to become an integral part of our team! The Brake Operator will run / bend parts on Amada RG-80 with NC-9 Control to meet blueprint specifications, keeping up with production schedules and meeting quality requirements.
- Set-up procedures on simple to moderately complex part runs.
- Spot-check quality of work by periodically using measuring equipment and visual inspection.
- Responsible to know and enforce all safety rules and regulations.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!