Foster City Job Description Sample
ELN / Biovia System Administrator
Type of role: Contract
Duration: 12-24+ months
Hourly pay rate: DOE (C2C, W2, or 1099 permissible)
Location: South San Francisco Bay Area
Our customer is seeking an ELN Performance Engineer (Sys Admin) who is well versed in GxP processes within a Pharmaceutical or Biotech environment.
-Accelrys ELN/Biovia Workbook/Symyx Notebook Administrator
- Must have experience in installation, configuration, administration of Accelrys ELN 6.9 or later
- Must have experience in AEP, RAS, and ADM administration
- Must be familiar with ELN Database schema and Accelrys Direct Cartridge
- Experience in supporting global ELN deployments is a plus
Windows Security Patch Engineer
Location: Foster City, CA 94404
Type of role: Contract
Duration: 12-24++ months
This candidate will need to have a background in the following:
- Windows Architecture
- Endpoint patching (Symantec/SCCM)
- Great communication skills – the person will do lots of communication with system managers and must be able to convert technical jargon to layman's terms.
- Support PDM system managers analyzing software patches sent by IT Security
- As needed, work with system managers to create a workable plan to implement software patches in a particular sequence
- Work as a liaison with IT Security and IT Infrastructure Services Teams to file exception, perform scanning of systems and deploy patches
- Prepare adhoc reports to support system managers and Laboratory Technology Operations Management to provide visibility
- Keep the patch management visibility dashboard updated
- Research about software patches and occasionally work with system vendors to see feasibility of installing a software patch
- 3+ years of experience in analyzing and deploying software patches to business applications
- Worked as techno-functional resource to support the initiative to protect business applications
- Solid understanding of Cybersecurity Frameworks (e.g. NIST)
- Experience in working with large amount of data, analyze it and produce meaningful insights
- Experience in working with diverse stakeholder groups including external business partners
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Experienced in presenting dashboard/ analysis to larger group of audience
- Engages in researching patch levels of systems and compare it with industry benchmark
- Must have excellent judgment and strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledgeable in Part 11/Annex 11 and electronic GMP documentation controls
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, challenging, constantly changing environment
Principal Security Architect
FTE: Permanent Position
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
As a key member of the Information Security and Data Privacy team, you’ll work closely cross functionally with our IT and business teams in driving companies worldwide IT security technology strategy. The successful individual for this role MUST HAVE demonstrated their ability to architect worldwide solutions in a constantly changing world, and ensured that security enforcement technologies and standards were applied and used.
Here’s a partial list of what you’ll do in this role:
- Analyze enterprise business context/needs (trends and business strategy) to derive security architecture
- Analyze the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions
- Research emerging security technologies and trends in support of security enhancement and development efforts
- Develop IT Security Strategies, Standards, and our Roadmap
- Create and deliver presentations to various stakeholders articulating the security strategies, architecture and roadmaps
- Define the principles that guide security technology decisions and tradeoffs
- Lead security architecture implementation activities for new/existing shared security solutions
- Lead and facilitate the evaluation and selection of security technologies and product standards, and the design of standard patterns for security solutions
- Consult on solution architecture for projects to ensure compliance with the security technical architecture
- Identify the organizational and financial impact of the security enforcement solutions
- Lead the development of architecture for new network / endpoint / IAM / platform security solutions and/or enhancements to such existing security solutions
- A Bachelor's degree in CS or MIS, along with 10+ years’ of relevant experience in IT security, privacy and risk management domains.Prior working experience in a Pharmaceutical company is a big plus
- Information Security Certifications (CISSP, etc.)
- End-to-End Security architectural oversight of IT to ensure adherence to standards and best practices
- Strong experience with mid/large global enterprises with large geographical topologies
- Excellent understanding and ability to develop and articulate a vision for security domain and understand short-term and long-term ("big picture") vision
- Strong, track record of designing security architecture for complex solutions and ability to deliver results through partnering with stakeholders in IT and the business
- Proven management experience with basic knowledge of financial models and cost-benefit analysis
- Must have a good understanding of the following security domains:Audit & Monitoring, Risk & RecoveryData Communications; Malicious Code; Computer Operations Security; Vulnerability assessmentsBCP/DR, Telecom & Network Security; End-point Security - Fixed & Mobile; Security Architecture & ModelsSecurity Management Practices; Investigation
- Solid understanding of "Cloud Architectures" (e.g., SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and the ability to address the unique security considerations of secure Cloud computing
- Mastery of information systems security principles, concepts, and methods. Ability to identify threats and risks, design and implement security controls
- Previous hands-on experience in configuring and deploying based Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Netflow analyzers, Behavioral analysis tools, Web Proxy, VPN, Centralized log systems, PKI, IPSec, and other encryption
- Advanced knowledge of Federated Identity Management, Single Sign On, and Enterprise class Identity and Access Management solutions (e.g. technology, processes, architecture, etc.)
- Working knowledge of IT processes (i.e., ITIL) including incident, problem, defect, change and release management
- Strong Knowledge of IS and Privacy Frameworks/Standards such as SSAE16 Type II, Safe Harbor, ISO/IEC 2700x series, NIST 800-53, COBIT, HITRUST, HIPAA, PCI etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation along with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and influence technology decisions at all levels (senior management & business leaders to technical contributors & staff)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly organized, results-oriented and attentive to details, self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive
IT Program Manager With Nist And Cybersecurity
Location: Foster City, CA 94404
Type of role: Contract (W2, 1099 or C2C)
Duration: 12-24+ months
This is a senior level position. Seeking at least 15 years of progressive and relevant experience in the following:
- Deep understanding of NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Experience Leading the institutionalization of Cybersecurity processes and standards across organization
- Experienced in managing large Cybersecurity programs working closely with IT and Business stakeholders
- Ability to deliver Cybersecurity Training working closely with subject matter experts
- Experience documenting Cybersecurity standards supporting Cybersecurity Project Management Office
- Ability to lead Cybersecurity assessment using NIST framework for contract partners and sites
- Strong program management background with ability to lead multiple projects/tracks
- Clear understanding of program and cybersecurity risk, ability to communicate with stakeholders at various levels
- Solid understanding of IT infrastructure (e.g. firewalls, networking) to support network segmentation at various sites
- Preferred: Pharmaceutical industry and supply chain experience (not mandatory)
Senior Software Build Engineer - Foster City, CA
Guidewire's development team is looking for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented Senior Build Engineer to reimagine how we build and deliver our solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry. The team is looking for an enthusiastic engineer who is passionate about building high-quality software with a great team and improving the developer experience for thousands of people who develop our products every day.
You will impact a complex application suite of products that generate over 500 million dollars of revenue annually, mission-critical to 100+ enterprises serving more than a million users. Our build software supports software development teams internal to Guidewire as well as partner and customer development teams all over the world.
Our teams are lean, empowered, and collaborative. You'll work alongside intelligent colleagues who've checked their egos at the door. We've built a strong culture, and we're looking for engineers who can help us maintain it.
Successful software engineers at Guidewire typically have:
A desire to be hands-on in designing and writing code
Curiosity and internal motivation to constantly improve
Excellent communication skills, comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet humility and hunger to learn from others
Key qualifications include experience with:
Gradle and Maven
Performance (measuring and improving)
TeamCity (including Build Configuration and Automation)
Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit/Integration Testing
Mentoring less experienced engineers
A typical candidate has a Computer Science degree or equivalent, and 5+ years of Build experience
The ideal candidate will share our core values: COLLEGIALITY, INTEGRITY, and RATIONALITY.
- We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
- We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
- We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers' business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers' ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Intermediate to Senior
Security Officer- Flexible Schedule Large Financial Tech Client
Allied Universal is seeking a flexible security officer (day and swing shift availability preferred) for a large financial corporation in Foster City, CA.
Pay rate: $20.00/ hr.
Availability for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday
Fixed 16 hours schedule with 16+ additional hours for Monday and Fridays. Fulltime 32 hours is guaranteed with overtime and progression opportunities!
Great hours for college students
Competitive Medical Insurance plans for assigned employees!
Benefits and information:
Various Client provided Training Opportunities
Red Cross Instructor Training, CERT, High Rise Fire Safety Training, etc.
Works closely with Operations Manager on events
Client Vacation Plan (after first year 40 hours)
Client Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
We provide free guard cards upon hire!
We are North America's leading security services provider with over 160,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! You too can start with little, to no security experience and become one of Allied Universal's many success stories. We have great part-time and flexible schedules! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is seeking Professional Security Officers. Our Security Officers allow us to contribute to our company's core purpose of providing unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses of our communities.
Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
Able to obtain a valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying. We will provide free training for any hires who do not possess a card/license
As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
In the Security Industry, a Professional Security Officer may be required to possess a guard card/license depending on the state in which they are employed. The guard card/license is paid for by the owner of the license and becomes the property of that individual.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.
Teller - Part Time - San Mateo, San Carlos, Foster City, Burlingame And Surrounding Areas
San Mateo, San Carlos, Foster City, Burlingame and Surrounding areas
Req #: 190023157_2
Location: Foster City, CA, US
Job Category: Branch Banking
At JP Morgan Chase, we have an obsession for helping our customers, taking care of our employees, a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, building relationships, and delivering extraordinary customer service. Using the latest banking solutions combined with cutting edge financial technology you'll be front and center representing our brand, and providing superior customer service, to offer our customers the best solutions for their financial needs. If you are passionate about people, helping to improve the lives of our customers through financial solutions, education and advice, and want to join an exemplary team, then join us at JP Morgan Chase.
Do you have a passion for helping customers, building relationships and delivering extraordinary customer service? We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic people to be the face of Chase to our retail branch customers.
From a personal standpoint, you will also have the opportunity to take ownership of your career development through a variety of cross-training opportunities. Tellers who are successful in making referrals may be eligible for monthly incentives.
As a Teller at Chase, you will play a vital role in ensuring our Customer Promise comes to life for our clients. You will also play a key role helping customers understand our latest technology banking products and proactively helping them access that technology via multiple self-service ways. This will allow our customers to bank and invest when, where and how they want. The minimum hourly rate for this job is $18.00 per hour.
You'll contribute significantly to the success of the branch and helping customers by:
Engaging the client by welcoming them with a warm friendly smile, pleasant demeanor, using the client name, whenever possible, and thanking them for doing business with Chase
Having a passion for helping customers and making clients feel appreciated
Exhibits strong customer service skills, presenting products and services while proactively educating clients on utilizing available access channels
Delivers exceptional customer experience by acting with a customer first attitude
Ability to make personal connections, engage customers and always be courteous and professional in a team environment and proactively collaborates with others to help customers
Strong desire and ability to influence, educate and connect customers to technology
Help build relationships with customers by connecting them with team members who can help them address their financial needs
Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Ensure financial transactions are completed accurately and efficiently, while complying with all policies, procedures and regulatory and banking requirements
Minimum 6 months of customer service experience required
High school diploma or GED equivalent required
Ability to pay close attention to detail and time management
Ability to work branch hours, including weekends and some evenings
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete a video interview powered by HireVue
Sr. Director, Dean Of Payments College - Visa University
Visa is one of the top 50 most admired brands in the world. It is recognized as a leading employer and can be found on the lists of: The World's Most Innovative Companies, The World's Most Respected Companies, The World's Most Ethical Companies, America's Best Employers and The World's Most Valuable Brands, to name a few.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Visa University is changing the learning culture at Visa and is becoming an integral part of life at the Company where every employee and client will have access to a wealth of resources to enhance their effectiveness. We are a CEO supported start-up team within a large, global organization. We are a team of experts in our respective disciplines, but more importantly, we strive to harness our collective expertise in the most effective way for the benefit of learners. We combine rigor, data, and subject matter expertise with intuition and common sense of what will be most effective for the business. We like to prototype, launch and evaluate. We are comfortable learning from our mistakes.
The Dean of Payments College is responsible for building and enhancing the strategic digital payments learning road map for all Visa employees. This role will develop a deep understanding of each functional business, as well as Visa's product and innovation strategies to create high impact solutions aimed at improving the digital payments knowledge and capabilities of its employees and enhance the overall organizational effectiveness. The ideal candidate is adept a building strong and collaborative relationships with cross-functional stakeholders at all levels to understand needs and provide solutions with maximum impact. Visa University is part of Corporate Strategy and the Dean of Payments College will report in to the Head of Commercial Colleges, Visa University.
Under the guidance of the Head of Commercial Colleges, develop an overall learning strategy and implementation plan for digital payments across all knowledge levels that meets the unique needs of each business or audience and promotes and facilitates a high performance culture.
Collaborate cross-functionally with the Market Learning team, senior leaders, and HRBPs across the company to understand and determine strategic education and delivery needs of the organization. Understand payments knowledge gaps, key business drivers, and innovation and product strategies in order to identify learning needs. Cultivate strong and mutually respectful relationships across the organization and partner with leadership to solve complex problems and identify business improvement opportunities
Use human-centered design approaches to discover, design and develop meaningful client engagements to ensure the organization has the capabilities to compete in the future.
Use design expertise, business acumen, and influencing skills to design, curate, and buy-to-customize the most impactful learning solutions. Be adept both at designing programs as well as providing strategic direction for work done by high-end external providers.
Form and engage in productive partnerships with critical internal stakeholders – business and HR leaders – to evangelize the work you do, get buy-in and ensure sponsorship.
Leverage a network of external content providers/experts as appropriate to ensure best-in-class solutions for each business objective.
Prioritize training needs with the business leaders and market teams.
Develop, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of programs in partnership with the Data Analytics team. Leverage analysis of on-going programs and initiatives in enhancing future strategies and tactics.
Build, coach and inspire a team of both direct reports and cross-functional partners and vendors to ensure successful execution on all aspects of the organization strategy.
Manage planning, budget and resource forecasting as required to maximize operational efficiencies.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Graduate degree preferred as evidence of continuous learning mind set.
15+ years progressive experience developing, product managing, and implementing learning solutions, preferably in a global corporate environment.
Strong understanding of the digital payments business preferred.
Ability to work closely with the multiple business lines simultaneously, receive input, collaborate with leadership on aligning a learning strategy, prioritize projects/products based on business objectives and ROI methodology.
Excellent interpersonal, communication, and consulting skills. Ability to assess needs, influence, collaborate, and partner at the most senior levels in the organization.
Ability to build collaborative, trustworthy relationships across functions and geographies.
Strong business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills
Learning content design and development skills to design and curate engaging customized learning programs.
Critical and strategic thinking skills, with strong focus on service excellence, efficiency, accuracy and effective project/stakeholder/relationship skills.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, technology is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics, NFL and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of more than 11,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Production Coordinator - Sledgehammer Games
Sledgehammer Games is seeking a Production Coordinator to assist our teams in achieving our quality and creative goals for our next game. The Production Coordinator will work closely with our Development Managers and Development Directors to maintain milestone schedules, track feature and content status, and communicate team progress to the rest of the studio. The Production Coordinator will gain insight into our AAA game production processes and play a key role in facilitating those processes to provide our teams with what they need to excel.
The role of Production Coordinator requires candidates to be excellent and persuasive communicators, capable of dealing with a wide variety of internal and external partners. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and willing to take on any challenge that will help their team. Production Coordinator candidates must thrive in a challenging and ambiguous environment, take direction well, and be calm under pressure.
Provide hands-on support to our development teams such as organizing playtests, taking notes, updating schedules, and sending out studio-wide communications to report team progress.
Assist in task and bug tracking and management through our internal tools.
Facilitate communication across our development teams and external partners.
Find opportunities to help your team focus on doing what they do best.
Help make our games better by participating in internal playtests and communicating feedback to the relevant stakeholders.
0 – 2 years of experience in game, film, or technology development
Desire to pursue a career in game production.
General understanding of project management fundamentals (e.g. scheduling, tracking, reporting).
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
Experience with a variety of project management tools (JIRA, Confluence, Shotgun, Microsoft Project experience is a plus).
Took on a role as Producer / Project Manager for a creative project (e.g. school project, indie game, film, commercial, etc.).
Knowledge of specific project management methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, etc.
Active video game player across a variety of genres, especially FPS games
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, we're the video game development team behind Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty: WWII. Since our founding in 2009, making AAA games has been our greatest passion. The strength of our teams makes us not only excellent at what we do, but at how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be, whether they are artists, engineers, producers, or designers. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a gamemaker. We're a Call of Duty studio that prides itself on innovation and taking risks, which is one of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering, and art teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for all-new talent and game developers for our exciting next project.
Lead Teacher- Twos
Are you a role model for other teachers? Do you take pride in knowing that positive outcomes for children are being achieved because of the high-quality, developmentally appropriate program you've implemented? As a Lead Teacher, we will offer you a supportive workplace where your contributions are appreciated and your professional growth is encouraged. Apply today to Bright Horizons.
Do work that matters at a company that offers more!
As a Lead Child Care Teacher you will:
Communicate regularly with parents to support, guide, and share in their child's development.
Collaborate with your team to develop classroom plans and goals.
Develop an emergent curriculum that is designed to inspire children.
Help to orient new employees.
Consistently named one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies to Work For," we enable you to take your career to the next level by offering you MORE.
Access on-going professional development and career advancement opportunities. Earn or complete your early childhood college degree for FREE or take advantage of our CDA program.
Enhance your well-being with extensive benefits including 401(k) with a company match, health insurance offerings, employee discounts, and more!
Work in a beautiful work-site center with extensive resources and a creative curriculum that meets/exceeds NAEYC requirements - including STEM and enrichment programs.
Discover company values that are more than just a plaque on the wall. Every day we live our HEART principles of Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork.
Give back through our non-profit Bright Horizons Foundation for Children dedicated to helping families in crisis.
Bring your whole self to work! Our Inclusion Council and Employee Advisory Groups support our commitment to diversity.
Complete your online application today for immediate consideration.
Lead Child Care Teachers must pass state and company background checks. Experience and educational requirements include:
At least six months of professional teaching experience.
High school diploma/GED required; some ECE coursework or degree preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices (DAP).
RECRUITER TO ADD SCHOOL/MARKET SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS AND EDIT OTHER REQUIREMENTS AS NECESSARY.
Bright Horizons is dedicated to creating a workforce that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals without discrimination. Bright Horizons complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the recruitment helpdesk at 855-877-6866 or email@example.com. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Having technical issues with your online application? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-877-6866.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!