Foxing Cutting Machine Operator Automatic Job Description Sample
Machine Operator - Cutting Line (Day Shift 6:00Am-2:30Pm)
Carlisle Construction Materials, a worldwide leading diversified manufacturer of premium building products and related technology has an immediate opening for an Machine Operator- Cutting Line position, at its Mead, Nebraska location. We currently have multiple openings available on two shifts. (1st shift Monday
3:30pm, 2nd shift Monday
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Receives and reads work orders
Calculates the number of blaocks required for work order to material handler
Adjusts cutting wires to correct dimensions using hand tools
Lock out energy source and then remove the lock out device when job is complete
Starts cutting machine and adjusts the line speed
Positions block on slabber and feeds block into cutting machine, cutting foam according to correct dimensions and square-ness per work order
Continuously observes and examines cutting machine in operation to ensure conformance to customers' specifications
Stacks, sorts, and bundles cut material according to bill of lading instructions
Records data concerning amount and type of clock used from duties performed
Education: High School diploma or GED required
Must be 18 years of age or older
Ability to follow instructions and read production orders
Experience with computers including various manufacturing programs
Ability to use measuring gauges like tape measures
Able to work fast and efficient and willing to work long hours during busy season
Understanding of basic math, reading, and writing skills
Ability to effectively communicate
For this position, it is required to be able to lift up to 50 pounds
There is a repetitive use of hands required with simple grasping and pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds
In addition this position requires the following abilities: standing, walking, lifting, reaching above shoulders, bending, and twisting.
Competitive pay starting at $12.50 with a $0.50 raise after 90 days
GENEROUS $500 sign on bonus!
Competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, and participation in company's 401(k) plan available upon date of hire
Educational assistance (reimbursement)
Paid Holidays and Vacation
Automatic Punch Press Operator
- Performs typical progressive die and press operations
- Setup and remove tooling
- Observe press in operation and make adjustments to control rate of production
- Monitoring equipment/tooling during production stamping to ensure it is working properly. i.e. watching gages, dials, etc.
- Quality inspections during production runs
- The use of micrometers, calipers, etc. to inspect/measure/visually inspect parts to ensure they conform to specifications
- Includes making minor repairs/maintenance such as oiling and cleaning up around the press when complete
- Communicating clearly and concisely with the supervisor, other production personnel and quality personnel when a problem arises
- Accurately complete a job routing ticket, data chart, time sheet etc.
- Maintain and accurate count of parts
- Assist in setting up steel coil on larger presses
- Possible second shift during peak production periods or as needed
- Extended period of standing while operating press and running production
- Follow all prescribed safety regulations i.e. PPE (safety glasses/hearing protection) etc.
- Safely handle scrap during and after production run
- Keep are clean and organized in a 5S manner
- May assist in training of other employees as required
- When applicable, use computers for data entry in MRP or spreadsheet in a specified and appropriate manner
- The employee is exposed to high noise levels from operating machine
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Potential hazards from moving equipment and machine parts, nuisance dust, and skin exposure to cutting and drawing oils
- The employee is required to stand, walk, pull and bend to the floor
- 2+ years of setup and operator experience
- Education – High School or equivalent
- High school or equivalent
- Metal Stamping: 2 years
- Worked with Steel Coils: 2 years
- Press Operator: 3 years
Laser Cutting Cell Operator - 3Rd Shift
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Laser Cutting Cell Operator is responsible for setting up and operating all lasers, presses, and additional equipment to create production and sample parts in the low-volume (laser) multi-layered steel (MLS) work centers. The team member is responsible for manufacturing quality parts in a safe and efficient manner by following all safety and quality procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for setting up and operating all lasers and machines in work center.
Assemble and set up both sample and production tooling.
Perform data collection, first articles, and final audits on manufactured products.
Identify process, material and equipment problems on lasers or presses, may trouble shoot equipment problems.
Complete daily production paperwork, including move and completions in Oracle.
Move die sets and emboss tools to tool room for change over using powered hand- truck.
May order gases and maintains a ready supply. (Nitrogen, Helium, and Oxygen).
Follows the Quality Management System requirements as outlined in the process notes on the press card, the applicable QMS procedures and work instructions; suggests ways for continual improvement.
Promptly reports quality problems and shuts down the equipment if unable to resolve.
Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
Follows EHS rules and regulations, participates in safety meetings, and suggests ways for continuous improvement.
Promptly reports personal injuries and unsafe conditions and helps to resolve them.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Set up and operate lasers, mechanical presses, and hydraulic presses.
Create NC files using CAD/CAM software.
Understand and interpret shop paperwork (Press cards, routings, Mylar's, and blue prints.)
Assemble tooling / fixtures.
Can make job and material transactions in Oracle.
1st Article, and final audit certifications.
Verifies correct material used in manufacturing processes.
Knows use of hand tools including wrenches, screwdrivers, mallets, and hammers.
Understands quality criteria on parts produced.
Knows hand truck operation, and has a license to use power hand truck.
Completes forms legibly and complete.
Knows gas storage regulations and ordering procedures.
Knows appropriate use of gases and how to change gas tanks safely.
Ability to read and understand press cards, procedures, work instructions, safety rules and warning signs.
Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to forty pounds on a daily basis.
Ability to walk and move about, stoop and bend, and climb (ascend and descend) ladders.
Ability to stand for an eight hour shift.
Ability to reach and grab with arms and hands, and manual dexterity to operate machines with precision.
Normal or corrected vision necessary to read directions and closely examine parts; and to distinguish colors.
Normal hearing in order to detect equipment and motor malfunctions.
Ability to pull lifts and transports gaskets to and from various locations within the assigned location.
Works in areas that can be uncomfortable due to noise, odors, and temperature extremes.
Works regularly with machines where carelessness could result in cuts, bruises burns or muscle pulls. Serious injuries can be prevented if established safety precautions are followed.
Occasional work with hazardous material, noxious fumes, dust and dirt.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Concrete Cutting & Coring Operator
Hardcore Concrete Cutting and Core Drilling is currently seeking a Concrete Cutting Operator who will be responsible for operating machines to cut and core drill concrete or asphalt; perform demolition work; scarifying, and ground penetrating radar scanning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review plans for the project with project management and then with owner/general contractor prior to commencing work.
- Review and adhere to any Job schedules set forth by General Contractor for project.
- Maintain knowledge of materials, methods, and tools for the job
- Organize resources required for the job: work force, machinery, equipment, and materials
- Motivate, train and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Manage and document accurate job time and the time of concrete laborers.
- Consult with contractors, suppliers and clients to ensure project completion is acceptable and well-done.
- Ensure that safety measures are adhered to.
- Perform set up and breakdown of machines and equipment.
- Inspects all equipment, owned or rented, upon delivery to and prior to transportation to and from the project. Reports all problems and/or damages immediately.
- Coordinate demolition work and haul off of debris per job specifications
- Ensure job site cleanup
- Ensure all project legal documents are completed, signed, and turned in for processing.
- Ensure all potential change orders are submitted for pricing and signed before work commences.
- Proficiency with the following tools is required for this position; wall saw, hydraulic and standard core drill, flat saw, diamond chain saw, wire saw, jackhammer
- Skill in cutting and core drilling concrete structures to job specifications.
- Work overtime as required
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Must adhere to strict Silica Exposure Protocols
- First Aid, CPR Certification
- Interstate/Intrastate DOT Compliance
Cutting Room Operator
Gemline Frame Company has been privately owned for over 40 years. Our commitment to excellence has given Gemline a widely respected name in the wall décor industry. From our 100,000 square foot production, administrative and warehousing facility located in Austin, Texas, we serve a diverse client base ranging from the local craft store to the national superstore, offering each client a uniquely tailored solution to their frame and business needs. We guarantee the quality of everything that Gemline produces. We are committed to excellence without exception – it is our mission to bring our customers great value without compromising quality.
We are looking for a cutting room machine operator who will be using a Multicam and/or a table saw to cut acrylic for art prints/frames.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting of work orders.
- Consistently meet minimum required production, accuracy or quality standards for the work performed.
- Consistently meet minimum performance standards as set forth by Company Management.
- Learn and demonstrate proficiency in essential job functions including cutting material for frames and art prints.
- Individually and in partnership with other co-workers, perform inventory production-line re-stocking.
- Ensure that all warehouse equipment and tools are properly utilized to increase productivity, efficiency, and safety; report any unsafe conditions, damaged equipment or injury to self or co-worker to company management.
- Utilize proper techniques for lifting and handling of heavy objects, climbing ladders, and pushing/pulling pallet jacks.
- Ensure that work area is kept neat, clean, safe, and organized at all times.
- Maintain courteous and positive relationship with all co-workers and customers.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO, Paid Holidays
2nd and 3rd Shift Only- 2nd Shift 3pm- 11pm & 3rd Shift 11pm- 7am
Compensation: $15.00 Per Hour
Reports to: Production Lead; Production Manager
Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. These must all meet the specifications required by production instructions (PI). Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately according to specifications and in a timely manner. Operates a computer and barcode scanner.
Operate and tend equipment or machinery to perform product assembly or fabrication
Summary of essential job functions
Operate manual and/or automatic machines, operate computers and barcode scanners. This position includes the following functions:
Hose cutting: Full cutting instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-008-0.
Pressure testing –Full pressure testing instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-013-0
Crimper – Entry Level – Full crimping instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-011-0
Meeting or exceeding all team production goals on a consistent basis.
Observing equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected and management be notified immediately. .
Wearing all required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
Performing general cleanup and maintenance of your work area.
Minimum requirements and prerequisites
All- High school diploma or equivalent; company indoctrination including machine operation and safety instruction.
Be able to stand for extended periods; be able to hear and understand warning tones and verbal commands; have basic computer skills; be able to lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted; be able to read and understand production instructions; be able to measure accurately using steel scales and angle meters. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed. All personnel must be available for overtime work according to the business needs of the company.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Machine Operator Blow Molding
By following our instincts and our passion for the outdoor lifestyle, Hemisphere Design Works has merged with another great company and lands us one of North America’s largest lines of all-season recreational products. We specialize in making water vessels that run on HUMAN POWER!
Each product is made to deliver performance, value, and ease of use that allows our customers to take control on the water and live out their outdoor adventures.
Will you be the HUMAN POWER that FUELS the production of high-quality water vessels that exceed our customers’ expectations?
DIRECT HIRE STARTING POSITION PAY:
- C Operator ($16+) 1-3 years machine operator experience
- B Operator ($18+) 3-5 years machine operator experience
- A Operator ($20+) 5 + years machine operator experience
1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts available. Shift premium provided to off shifts.
Blow Molding machine operators will work under the direction of the production senior lead/supervisor to ensure that the company produces the highest quality products safely and efficiently. The blow molding machine operator will be responsible for operating, setting up, troubleshooting, and maintaining machines throughout the shift.
- Set up and operate blow molding machine to mold plastic products according to specifications: Turn valves to start flow of water and release air pressure to machine.
- Moves machine controls to set timing unit and temperature of heating unit and start automatic feed mechanism.
- Adjust machine mandrel and align mandrel with mold chamber, using wrenches.
- Start molding machine that automatically feeds material from mixing unit to mandrel and to mold chamber.
- Closes chamber to mold product under heat and pressure.
- Regrind excess material and unsatisfactory product for reuse, using grinding machine.
- May weigh completed work-piece to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- All candidates who have received a written offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre employment drug screening and a pre employment background check which will determine eligibility for employment
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Monitor/Assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Strong communication skills
- Critical Thinking- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension- Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Manage one's own time and the time of others.
- Repair machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Opportunity for growth! Our supportive teams are dedicated to professional development and offer many opportunities to expand your knowledge, allowing you to advance during your career with us!
- Medical -with access to MedNow 24/7 Virtual Care- Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401 K with employer match
- Positive-Friendly Culture with a casual dress code
Machine Operator (Day Shift)
Position Summary: The Machine Shop Technician is responsible for machine operation (which can include one or more processes such as trimming, tooling, Core Cutting, etc.) of composite products. From loading/aligning fixtures, running program, unloading and storing tooling. The Technician needs to be able to work with both manual methods and use of hand tools and equipment to produce product according to defined planning and work instructions. This position requires attention to detail and a need to be precise and diligent in understanding and following work instructions. On the job training is provided.
Machines consist of DMS, CMS, Themwood, Mazak and waterjet
Schedule: Monday - Friday 6:30 AM - 3:30 PM (occasional extra hours as needed)
Rate: $8.00 to $18.00
Complete application (work history, references, etc.)
Relevant pay expectation
Work schedule match
Contribute to SMED initiatives.
Use of Forklifts and/or Pallet Jacks to move materials, tooling and load the machining centers.
Set up fixtures on machine and dial-in tooling balls.
Must be able to select, set and load the correct cutting tools into the tool magazine.
Be responsible to work as a team member to complete the required work in each cell
Understand and adhere to all policies and procedures
Follow all written instructions, work instructions, travelers and procedures when producing hardware
Understand and adhere to all environmental health and safety guidelines including all safety policies and posted signs. Always work in a safe manner – consistent with ACTA policies and procedures. Always correct an unsafe situation or report it to the supervisor. Always wear the required personal protective equipment (Smocks and safety glasses)
Complete production records, travelers and area logs as work is completed. Log and record material traceability information on travelers.
Maintain the order and cleanliness of production work areas, ensuring that all tools, materials and supplies are returned to their designated locations throughout the day and again in the last 5 to 15 minutes of the shift. Return all tools and materials to their designated storage space when not in use.
Participate in and contribute to process improvement, lean manufacturing and other initiatives. Recommend process improvements to the Lead, Supervisor, Manufacturing Operations Manager or Manager of Continuous Improvement
Positive attitude and striving to improve / learn new things every day
Help in other areas in the shop to preserve shop flow (as needed)
Mechanical Aptitude in the use of hand tools and good math skills
The ability to follow procedures and directions with minimal instruction
Must be able to lift, hold and carry up to 40 pounds unaided. Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job.
Must be willing to work overtime when required (Weekends or other shifts)
High School Diploma / General Education Diploma
Must be a Citizen of the United States, also may be required to qualify for U.S. Government Clearance.
Provide input and feedback by completing 2-3 Continuous Improvement suggestions per month
100% compliance to all ACTA Safety procedures
Completion of quality parts
Contribute to a positive work environment
CNC Machine Set Up Operator
Must have CNC Experience
- Responsible for reading and interpreting blue prints including GD&T
- Read, write and edit programs in G-Code and other CAD/CAM software and identify areas of opportunity for program efficiency.
- Verify revision levels on method sheet, tooling sheet and router match, alerting Supervisor if discrepancies are found.
- Identify, document and dispose of scrap.
- Must setup and load material into a bar feeder/bar loader. Step through program and make offsets to complete a part to print specifications.
- Verify revision levels on router and method sheets.
- Install appropriate tooling and touch off.
- Change inserts, drill boring bars, etc. when needed and return all usable tooling to the tool crib. Recycle all Carbide tooling.
- Troubleshoot any production issue in regards to machining and getting assistance for program related issues.
- Add hydraulic oil and/or cutting fluids to the machine(s) when needed.
- Make appropriate offsets and/or speed and feed adjustments to program if needed to maintain part quality.
- Train others and share knowledge
- Obey all safety rules and stop work if continuing is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition. Report all safety concerns immediately.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of CNC machine(s) setup
- Knowledge of inserts including wear characteristics, insert style (WNMG, VNMG, CCMT, etc), insert nose radius and grade of insert.
- Operate all aspects of the machines; (powering machines up and down, bar feed operation, restarts, faults, etc)
- Read and use calipers, micrometers and other measuring equipment
- Tooling knowledge and the ability to indentify types of tooling and tooling wear characteristics
- Programming knowledge and ability
- Excellent communication skills required
- Act with the utmost integrity, professionalism and positive attitude.
- Must be a team player.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) experience as a Conventional Machinist II or equivalent
- Basic Shop Math
- Advanced blue print reading
- Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerance
- Experience using Calipers, Micrometers, Height Stands and Bore Gages.
- Must clearly demonstrate ability to set up multiple machines and pass an assessment prior to moving to in LG6
- Basic Valve School- 30 days
- While performing duties you may be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist and/or lift up to 50 pounds throughout an entire shift. May be required to work more than 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week based on production needs.
- Exposed to manufacturing plant conditions and elements including but not limited to noise, dust, dirt, oil, and grease.
- PPE's will be required including safety glasses, ear plugs and/or safety shoes.
- May be required to work at different work stations as determined by business needs.
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Span America is seeking an Industrial Sewing Machine Operator to join our growing team. The ideal candidate has experience sewing on industrial sewing machines (single needle and overlock). Job responsibilities are as follows:
Ability to sew material at required productivity rates
Inspect to ensure quality product
Effectively operate various sewing machines and be able to conduct routine sewing machine maintenance such as: thread needles, changing needles, bobbin changes and oiling machines
Move cut goods to work area as necessary
Notify cutter of defects in fabric and workmanship
Communicate work material shortages to supervisor
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS;
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is a seated positon for a majority of the day. This position requires lifting 25 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds, therefore proper lifting technique is required. Position may require seating and occasional standing, bending, climbing, crawling, crouching, kneeling, overhead lifting, pushing/pulling, reaching, squatting and twisting. (a detailed physical requirements checklist is available for this position.)
The performance of this position requires exposure to the manufacturing areas and requires the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields.
1+ years industrial sewing experience required
Must be age 18 or older & possess a good work record
Span-America is an EO/AA Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!