Framer Job Description Sample
If you are reliable and have a good work ethic we want you on our team! Some of the skills we are looking for include: cutting material, staging material, operating telehandler, stick framing, floor and roof truss setting, sheathing floors, walls, and roofs, wall framing, house wrap install, window install, basically everything required to frame a new construction house. If your skill set includes layout, stair building, and efficient at sheathing roofs we will pay a higher hourly rate. We are also willing to hire and train individuals with limited or no experience if they're willing and eager to work hard and learn a great trade! To be considered applicants must be reliable, provide their own transportation, and are able to safely work at a fast pace. Our typical work week is Monday-Friday from 7:00am to 3:15pm. We start each day early so we can end the day early and get you home to do the things you enjoy! We are always busy year round and consistently work 40 hour work weeks. We regularly have overtime available at 1.5xpay for those that want it, but we rarely require it. We believe that we can accomplish enough in 40 hours that our people should be able to enjoy the rest of their time doing the things they enjoy.
Custom Picture Framer
The Custom Picture Framer works with clients to create beautiful designs, then fabricates those designs using high quality standards in an efficient manner. We are a design focused business who looks for employees with a creative eye, strong work ethic and seeking long term employment.
The candidate best suited for this position is a reliable self-starter with a dedication to superior craftsmanship and excellent organizational abilities. The most successful employees have exceptional customer service and sales skills while always focusing on quality control standards throughout the framing process.
Responsibilities also include working off-site at trade shows setting up, working the booth, and breaking it down. We are a small business and all staff members help out with activities in all departments at Willow Street Pictures: Production, Marketing, and Photo Shoots as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Custom Picture Framer is responsible for everything that happens in the picture framing department.
· Solving problems in order to address customer needs
· Proper storage of materials
· Ordering from suppliers
· Construction of the frames
· Cutting mats and glass
· Maintaining a high-level organization and cleanliness in the custom framing department
· Inputting, tracking and scheduling client framing appointments by using company software
· Utilizing a “relationship selling strategy” via a calm and reassuring approach when discussing, presenting and closing sales.
· General cleaning of framing department
Qualifications and Skills
Custom picture framing is a luxury business, and previous sales experience to this type of an upscale client is preferred. This also means that a candidate should be well spoken. They should feel comfortable asking questions to determine customer needs, finding creative solutions while over-coming objections and closing the sale.
Good basic math skills required; candidate will need to add fractional numbers every day in order to calculate and cut to the proper sizes. Along with that, excellent color vision is required, as working with color.
The candidate is required to use standard computer programs such as Word and Excel at a basic level, and will need to learn several other programs that are used on daily basis. Also, this position requires standing on your feet for 8 hours each day. You should truly enjoy constructing and building things, as 80% of each day will be spent working with your hands and constructing framing packages for customers.
Previous production-type work experience could be beneficial, as we build frames to a schedule, accurately and efficiently. Dress code is business casual, including slacks, dress pants, skirts, dresses and shirts with a collar.
- Paid Vacation
- HSA Insurance plan
- Paid Holiday
- Paid Sick Day
- Simple IRA Retirement plan
- Company vehicle, laptop, tablet, cell phone
- Working with a small group of passionate people
picture framing, picture framer, custom picture framing, art, artist
experienced framer wanted for commercial work
Looking for motivated ambitious individual(s). Experience good, not required. Pay based on experience, and capability. Primary task is framing residential single family homes. Crew of 2-5. All new construction. Great tools and heavy equipment. Emphasis on working smart and efficiently. 40-45 hours. No weekends. 7 Holidays off. 1 week Paid vacation after 1 year, 2 weeks after 2 years.
Metal Stud Framer / Drywall Installer / Finisher / Acoustical Ceiling
Metal stud framer / Drywall installer / Finisher / Acoustical Ceiling installer
General Ceiling and Partitions, Inc. has been established for over 30 years & specializes in metal stud framing, drywall, and acoustical ceilings on commercial projects throughout the Pikes Peak region.
Metal stud framers, Rockers, Finishers, & Acoustical ceiling installers wanted. General Ceiling and Partitions, an established drywall company with 30+ years in business is looking for individuals wanting a full-time, hourly position as a commercial framer, rocker &/or finisher working in Colorado Springs and surrounding areas. Competitive pay based on experience and productivity. Overtime pay (1 1/2 times regular rate) available on some projects. Health insurance available after initial waiting period. Bonus pay available with proven ability to run safe & efficient projects.
This is a year-round position. Experience is preferred but we will train those with the desire & ability to learn the trade. Advancement will be expected, and pay/benefits will increase with advances in skills & leadership abilities.
Call, email, or apply in person at 1435 Paonia Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80915
Transportation & applicable tools required.
Pay based on experience with bonuses, pay increases, health insurance, & other potential for advancement or benefits based on candidates able to demonstrate ability to meet or exceed requirements as noted. Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer of women/minorities/disabilities/veterans. We are an e-Verify employer and all candidates must pass a drug test.
- Installing foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials
- Fitting and installing window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenters level, plumb bob, and laser levels
- Erecting scaffolding, ladders for assembling structures above ground levels
- Studying specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required
- Shaping or cutting materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws
- Following established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment
- Building or repairing cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools
- Assembling and fastening materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue
- Removing damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools
- Inspecting ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures
Simply put, we're not a temp agency and don't just hire anyone. In fact, we're highly selective, committed to hiring only those Carpenters that are highly skilled in their trade with unwavering reliability, strong work ethic, and a desire to be the best.
- 2 years residential framing
- Ability to comprehend schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans and other specifications required by our client for information pertaining to the type of material required to get job done
- Experience working with equipment such as: boom lifts, scissor lifts, and forklifts
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
- High standard of integrity and professionalism
- Drug free at all times
In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
- Vacation Pay
- Health insurance
- Dental and vision plan
- Prescription drug plan
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- 401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
- Incentive programs
- Tool purchase programs
Framer Framing Stick Wood New Construction Carpenter Remodel
Tradesmen International is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
Click here to visit Tradesmen's full website.
Framers with experience in commercial work for immediate employment.
- Basic math skills.
- A minimum of one year experience.
- Ability to read and follow plans/blueprints.
- Measuring and planning.
- Knowledge of building code.
- Ability to lift/carry heavy pieces of material or structures.
- Use of saws and other power tools.
- Use of various hand tools.
- Measuring and accurately cutting building materials.
- Designing and assembling structures.
- Building structures from wood and supporting materials.
- Building frames for houses, walls, and other structures.
Compensation depends on experience.
The Framer is responsible for the construction of projects and adheres to the plans of the project. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company and the capability of working in a team environment are necessary for this position.
· Construct project to details listed in approved blueprints or designs
· Demonstrates a commitment to the quality improvement process and the philosophy of continuous improvement; identify and respond actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all customers; participates as a team player in all phases of the organization; and is open and responsive to change.
· Comply with all company policies and procedures
· Other duties as assigned
· 2 years’ experience in production building preferred
· Knowledge of common building materials used in residential, multi-family and commercial construction
· Excellent organizational skills required
· Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills, bi-lingual a plus
· Attention to detail, takes pride in quality of work
· Efficient and able to complete assignments within a given deadline
· Strong work ethic towards accomplishing goals and ability to work in a team environment
· Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required
· Full Time
Guided by our "People First Attitude" value, we focus on our people's happiness and well-being by offering our people a safe, professional, congenial and FUN work environment, understanding that without them we would not be in business. Their success is our success. We CARE!
As a responsible organization and a dedicated partner to our customers, we direct our efforts at sustainability and being a community partner, optimizing billing cycle time, ensuring accuracy through our construction practices and efficient technology, efficient technology links between builders' POS to our design, production and field teams, as well as the highest degrees of oversight under a controlled production environment to ensure quality products.
Metal Stud Framer
We are looking for metal stud framers here in the Pensacola area. Prior experience is a must.
· Installing foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics and composites of multiple materials.
· Fitting and installing window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior/exterior trim using a carpenters lever, plumb bob and laser levels
· Erect scaffolding, ladders for assembling structures above ground levels
· Shaping or cutting materials to specified measurements using hand tools, machines or power saws
· Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment
· Building or repairing cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors or other wooden and metal fixtures used in the buildings
· Removing damaged or defective parts or sections of structures
· Prior experience in commercial metal stud framing
· Capable of reading and comprehending blue prints and schematics
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Great dexterity in fingers
· Exceptional problem solving skills
Performance Personnel Solutions LLC is the one-stop source for Temp, Temp-to-Hire, On-Site Management, Payroll & Staff Augmentation. We guarantee your complete satisfaction with our service and you'll find that we provide you with a field staff ready to work, while maximizing the value of your investment.
We are seeking Framers with or without experience to join our team at Gold'n Hands Construction LLC.
- Previous experience in construction, general labor, or related fields is a PLUS but not a requirement
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds as necessary
- Ability to Stand throughout an 8-hour shift
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!