Fretted Instrument Maker Hand Job Description Sample
Instrument Maker II
Job postings Instrument Maker II Share this:|More Back to search results
Job no:491099 Work type:Support Staff Pay Grade:13 Major Administrative Unit / College:Facility For Rare Isotope Beams Department:Facility For Rare Isotope Beams 10049299 Salary:25.41 Location:East Lansing Categories:Full Time (90-100%), Skilled Trades- 999, Skilled Trades, Union Working/Functional Title Cryomodule Assembly Group Welder Position Summary Major Position Responsibilities
Plan, implement and coordinate the work of others on assigned projects, and makes substantial contributions to major systems requiring senior level expertise on a routine basis
Provide expert level training to, and oversees assigned staff in the area of expertise
Provide expert level input in design reviews, and troubleshoots in the area of expertise
Perform the duties of Research Trades Assistant and lower level Instrument Maker and similar skilled trades classifications with a higher level of skill and precision as needed or directed
Estimate time and resources necessary to complete job assignments and/or projects
Fabricate, modify and repair complex and specialized mechanical equipment using advanced welding techniques that provide adequate weld strength with minimum acceptable distortion to complex parts
Weld all materials including 300 series stainless steel, aluminum alloys, thin metals, etc complaint to ASME SectionIX.
Weld complex and specialized instruments, machines or parts to precise standards from blueprints, sketches or communicated instructions
Weld exotic metals using techniques requiring expert knowledge of the field for example Niobium and Titanium
Perform leak checks on ultra-high vacuum welds using mass spectrometer and other leak checking equipment
Set up M.I.G., T.I.G., rod and gas welding apparatus as needed for the various jobs to be performed
Perform soft and hard soldering to plumbing, research and teaching equipment to vacuum tight standards
Troubleshoot problems requiring expert knowledge of welding trade Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills Associates degree in Electronics or Mechanics or equivalent combination of related technical training and experience. Three years experience as an Instrument Maker I or equivalent experience in one or more skilled trades areas specific to the job duties to be performed. Thorough knowledge of the methods, materials tools, equipment, occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade areas specific to the job duties to be performed. Ability to design complex parts and assist in the design of precise and complicated instruments and systems. Skill in the use of appropriate tools and equipment. May be required to furnish own tools. May require working in and around X-ray producing apparatus, radioactive materials cryogenic liquids and/or other potentially hazardous materials. Frequent lifting of 26 pounds and over is required. Desired Qualifications
Ability to work and communicate completely with people of diverse backgrounds and education
Basic knowledge of personal computer terminology and operations and the ability to use email and the internet
Thorough knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, equipment, occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade areas specific to the job duties to be performed.
Ability to recognize actual or potential non-conformances
Ability to document work and data Required Application Materials Cover letter and resume Work Hours STANDARD 8-5 (Bidding Eligibility end 2/20/2018 at 11:55 PM) Advertised:Feb 14, 2018Eastern Standard Time
Mill Hand Operator & Programmer Gage Maker
WHAT WE NEED:
To fill a position(s) for a skilled Mill Operator & Programmer with the precision skills. We are not a production factory, we are a custom gage house. We need someone that has extensive gage shop experience. You will be responsible for machining details from raw steel & complex assembly drawings on Proto-Trak Southwest Industries Machines(Proto Track K3 Knee Mill & Proto Trak FHM 7). This position requires proficiency with the best machining practices and strong ability to read detailed prints and assemblies. Applicants must be a highly motivated team player & produce work to ensure grinding operations run smoothly.
WHAT IT TAKES:
We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Individual with working knowledge of manufacturing processes & must be extremely detail oriented to hold tight tolerances & leave proper grindstock for post heat treat grinding. In addition, we require:
1. 5+ years of Gage Experience
2. Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures involving these machines
3. Strong knowledge of reading drawings, blueprints and specifications
4. Experience with very close tolerance and high quality work
5. The ability to execute complex set-ups requiring unique and non-routine methods
6. Solid understanding of metal properties and use of precision/non-precision instruments
7. Must possess strong basic math skills
A STRONG CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE:
Ability to understand and read complex detailed assembly drawings & understand function.
CAD/CAM in conjunction w/ SOLIDWORKS experience or desire to apply or learn
What's In It for You
Our Compensation Package includes:
· We offer highly competitive hourly wage
· Company paid health care benefit
· Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
· Opportunity to progress and advance
· Incentive plan based on individual and company performance
· Opportunities for overtime available based on workload.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION IF YOU DO NOT HAVE GAGE SHOP EXPERIENCE
CONTACT JEFF SMITH JR / MIKE RAINNEY AT (248) 545-2100
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Scientific Instrument Maker II
Scientific Instrument Maker II Hiring department Physics Monthly salary $3,166+ depending on qualifications Hours per week 40.00 Standard from 730AM to 400PM Posting number 17-10-04-01-4341 Job Status Open FLSA status Non-exempt Earliest Start Date Immediately Position Duration Funding expected to continue Position open to all applicants Location Austin (main campus) Number of vacancies 1 General Notes None provided Required Application Materials
A Resume is required in order to apply
A Letter of Interest is required in order to apply.
A List of 3 References is required in order to apply. Additional Information Purpose To provide faculty, students and other research staff of the department with the appropriate instruments and equipment, used to conduct research, per the requester's designs.
Essential Functions Operates lathes and milling machines to create instruments from designs. Lays out and plans complicated fabrication processes and implements designs.
Measure and assemble parts, attach electrical and electronic equipment to assure conformity to standards and designs.
May assist researchers in planning overall design, development, and use. Use hand tools to file, chisel, deburr instruments. Marginal/Incidental functions Other related functions as assigned.
Required qualifications High school graduation or GED. Three years of experience as an instrument maker or machinist beyond the apprentice level. General knowledge of typical machines and techniques in a usual shop setting.
Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate. Preferred Qualifications Four or more years as a machinist or instrument maker beyond the apprentice level. Technical schooling with courses in mathematics, physics, blueprint reading or CAD design.
Experience on Hurco CNC mills and FeatureCam software. 2 years management or supervisory experience in machining industry. Working conditions Uniforms and/or personal protection equipment (furnished) May work around chemical fumes May work around standard office conditions May work around chemicals May work around electrical and mechanical hazards Use of manual dexterity Climbing of stairs Lifting and moving A criminal history background check will be required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position. The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions. If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification form, I-9.
You will be required to present acceptable, original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Information from the documents will be submitted to the federal E-Verify system for verification. Documents must be presented no later than the third day of employment.
Failure to do so will result in dismissal. UT Austin is a Tobacco-free Campus
Farm Hand / Stable Hand / Ranch Hand
Looking for reliable / stable individuals for assisting on a horse farm. Individual will work on farm and in the stables looking after horses, keeping them clean, comfortable, fed, exercised and groomed. There are no set entry requirements, but experience of working with horses will be valuable.
Your day-to-day duties might include:
- giving horses food and water
- replacing bedding
- mucking out stables
- monitoring the condition of horses and reporting problems
- treating minor wounds, changing dressings and giving some medications
- following instructions from vets when treatment is needed
- grounds work
- operating equipment
You may also be responsible for exercising the horses each day.
Reliable transportation and valid drivers license necessary.
Compensation based on individual experience and skill level.
Entry Level Instrument Builder
Kala Brand Music, Petaluma, California based musical instrument company is looking to hire a qualified applicant to be a part of a growing team of instrument builders. Applicant must have experience or the ability to grow in the following areas:
· Using woodworking power tools and hand tools such as routers, band saws, table saws, power sanders, chisels, hand saws, drill presses, and milling machines
· Using various adhesive and clamping methods to assemble wooden structures.
· Ability to sand accurately without distorting the form of a work piece.
· Focused attention to detail in a production environment.
· Musical instrument building background preferred.
· Full time Monday through Friday
· Finishing and Buffing of instruments
· Final String upon Instruments
Surgical Instrument Specialist
Competitive Pay Opportunity!
Summary: The Surgical Instrument Specialist/Customer Service Representative shall be responsible for providing professional and timely support to end customer and within company divisions when needed via phone, email, fax or EDI (Electronic Data Interchange). This includes but is not limited to: request for quotes, order receipt, order entry, order confirmation, order expediting and estimated time arrivals on products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phones in a friendly respectable timely manner at all times.
- Be able to transfer calls & use intercom paging system.
- Monitor both group customer service email and personal direct email for customer inquiries such as stock on hand status, order tracking information, estimated time arrivals, quotes, image requests and purchase orders.
- Demonstrate and retain knowledge gained of surgical instruments line within first year of employment
- Process purchase orders into Majesty ERP System
- Entering accurate information; Providing order confirmation to customer via email/fax within 24 hours; Generate accurate Invoices; Issue Return Goods Authorization Numbers; Process all Non-Quality Related returns; Domestic Stock (In Booking)
- Minimum of 5 years in a customer service role in the surgical instrument field. Must have solid hand held, surgical instrument knowledge and technical expertise or candidates will not be considered. Our instruments are stainless steel and primarily from Germany.
- Associates Degree preferred; must have HS Diploma or GED
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills a plus; intermediate skills a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Must be proficient with computer systems; specifically Microsoft Office Applications.
Zing Recruiting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Yard Hand / General Laborer
General Labor to include, but not limited to:
Forklift operations, Pressure Washing, Equipment cleaning, organizing, sweeping, sandblasting, painting, mowing, weed eating, etc..
40 - 80 hours per week
Ram Jack is hiring responsible, hard-working crew hands to assist in the installation of foundation repair solutions for both residential and commercial jobs. Ram Jack has been in business for over 48 years and has a sterling reputation within the industry. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and must pass a drug test.
$22 per hour to start for the first 90-day probation period. Increase in pay/bonus after that, depending on performance.
Two (2) years in the foundation/construction field is preferable. Will consider hands-on experience in other related fields.
- Use of manual and motorized equipment for digging pilot holes for installing piles on both residential and commercial jobs
- Must be able to travel for out-of-town jobs frequently
- Drive work truck
- Loading and unloading trucks (equipment, hoses, steel piles, etc.)
- Must be able to communicate effectively. Bilingual is preferred but not necessary.
- Reliable transportation to get to the office/shop every day
- Must be able to lift 50-60 pounds
- Opportunity for advancement to Crew Chief for the right candidate
- Only reliable applicants need apply
We are leaders in the industry and are ready to put our refined foundation solutions to work for your property. Our Ram Jack West team in Oregon works on commercial, residential, and industrial foundation repairs.
Occupational Therapist - Hand Therapist
Looking to fill an Occupation Therapist Hand Therapist position at Glendale Memorial Hospital. It is a part time position. All candidates must be licensed to work in the state of California, pass a background check, and meet all medical requirements.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Mill Hand to work in our location in Rochester Hills, Michigan.
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance
- Compensation based on experience and open to negotiation
- Air-conditioned plant
- Growing company/ Room for growth
Job responsibilities are as follows:
· Manufacture gauge details from prints using prototrak mill
· Performs quality checks on finished details
· Maintain clean work environment
· Read complex detailed assembly drawings and understand function
· Basic machine maintenance
· Performs all other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will possess:
· High School Diploma or GED
· Minimum of five years of experience in a manufacturing environment
· Excellent communicator
· High levels of basic manufacturing processes, prioritization, and communication and is extremely detail oriented
· Must have necessary machinist tools required to perform job
· Solid understanding and use of precision/non-precision instruments
· Must possess strong basic math skills
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!