Functional Tester Typewriters Job Description Sample
SQA Functional Tester
WHY AN SQA FUNCTIONAL TESTER?
Full time, exempt
As an SQA Functional Tester, you will assist in the testing of new and existing Material Control System (MCS) software that commands robot activity in our Alphabot® systems. You will work closely with our system and development teams to understand functional requirements and system behavior, and you will perform smoke, functional, and regression testing. You will be responsible to complete user and factory acceptance testing for new system deployments.
Rapid product development requires more than just individual talent, it takes a team to be successful. We want candidates who enjoy collaboration with others—the best work isn’t done in a vacuum, so everyone at Alert contributes to define our most challenging problems and solution approach. Our teams move fast, so you’ll need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT WILL YOU LOVE?
- Being a part of an organization that is innovative in both its products and the design of the organization.
- Working with a growing SQA team and inspiring team members to continually produce the highest standard of work and create robust solution
- Helping the company to bring exciting new features to production
- Collaborating with system, software development, and SQA teams to optimize testing efforts and coverage, and to improve system reliability
- Working in a talented, high-energy, supportive and enthusiastic company developing a world-class product
- Broadening your skillset
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Perform smoke, functional, and regression testing on software release candidates
- Verify and write test summary findings and observations
- Assist in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of product failures
- Investigate, reproduce, log, track, and escalate reported defects
- Travel is required for this position during user and factory acceptance testing of new installations
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 2+ years SQA tester experience
- 2+ years previous experience with acceptance testing
- Previous experience with Jira and TestRail preferred
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Commitment to perform all functions with highest compliance and integrity
TEAMING AND PERSONAL
- Constructively support or lead project teams as the circumstances require or as assignment by team leads
- Work successfully in a collaborative team environment
- Constructively influence team decisions and product design requirements
- Self-motivating and capable of working without direction or supervision to achieve team goals
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and be able to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Possess the additional skills of business acumen, basic team facilitation, assignment flexibility, independent thinking and responsibility for execution
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
QA Manual Functional Tester (Temporary Assignment)
Functional Tester Consultant (Temporary Assignment)
E2E - SYG - Functional Tester III
Mobile Automation Functional Tester (Temporary Assignment)
Federal - Functional Tester
Dynamics Software Tester
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!