Fund Raiser I Job Description Sample
Senior Consultant, Fund Administrator (Hedge Fund Services)
- Responsible for day-to-day management for a Fund Administration team for Hedge Fund Services.
- The Fund Administration group for HFS is responsible for providing hedge fund clients with monthly NAVs and financials, annual draft financials and annual tax and audit support.
- Responsible for the assignment of work to the Hedge Fund Services Fund Administration team.
- Conducts performance management and career development processes.
- 1. Has a secondary focus of supervising people while still doing work. The supervisor related work includes training new employees or those with lesser experience, reviewing work of others, and providing regular feedback and coaching to employees.
- 2. Organizes the work of the team, assigns tasks, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work
- 3. Organizes the work of the team, assigns tasks, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work
- 4. Review of monthly fund and business entity closing summaries.
- 5. Report and analyze financial data to be disseminated to our clients and their investors.
- 6. Close monthly books and records of the funds to general final performance figures.
- 7. Interact with clients and other Hedge Fund Services teams to obtain understanding of funds activities.
- 8. Prepare financial statements for funds.
- 9. Work directly with external auditors to ensure accuracy of each fund's annual financial statements.
- 10. Assist in building a high-performance team through learning, development, mentoring and recruiting.
- 11. Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function.
- 12. As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level.
- 13. Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult.
- 14. Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities.
- 15. Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions.
- A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is preferred. Related Industry qualification (e.g. ACCA) is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Technical skills / systems knowledge is required Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff.
Annual Fund Internship
Annual Fund Internship
Museum of Science, Boston
The Annual Giving Division, within the Advancement Department at the Museum of Science currently generates $2.8 million per year and has an average of 2,000 donors yearly. The Department uses a variety of fundraising techniques to raise new and repeat unrestricted operating revenue including solicitations via mail, phone, and email, as well as personal and volunteer solicitation efforts. The Annual Giving Department also implements cultivation and stewardship plans for its donors with an emphasis on the Explorer and Discoverer giving societies and its young professional group, the Innovators.
The Annual Fund Intern will assist the Annual Giving Division with a variety of projects that support efforts to renew, acquire, cultivate and steward Museum donors. Through helping with donor outreach efforts, event planning, research and other strategies, the intern will insight into the role that philanthropy plays in the Museum as well as a better understanding of fundraising as a whole.
Collaborate with the Annual Fund team and various Museum departments on a variety of projects including:
Organizing solicitation and invitation mailings.
Data preparation, analysis, and work within the department's fundraising database.
Drafting letters and newsletter articles.
Thanking donors for gifts through phone and email.
Help coordinating and contributing to Annual Fund events.
Interacting with Museum donors, partners and volunteers.
Provide general administrative support to the Annual Fund team.
Interest in fundraising and/or non-profit management.
Customer service experience as exhibited by strong communication and interpersonal skills
Comfort with all means of professional communication (face-to-face, email, phone, etc.)
Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects while paying close attention to detail and accuracy.
Ability to work independently and within groups.
Prior experience working with computer programs including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
Experience with events, college phonathons or other volunteer fundraising programs.
Experience working with fundraising software such as Raiser's Edge, Millennium and/or Tessitura
LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP:
Fall 2018 (September/October-December
20-28 hrs/week Monday through Friday. Some opportunities to work evening hours for events. Flexible schedule to fit around classes.
Intern benefits include free parking in the Museum garage, close proximity to the Green Line, free admission, discounts in the Museum store and café and much more!
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.
Team Administrative Assistant With Heavy Projects At Hedge Fund In Midtown
- With precision, reliability, and promptness, perform an array of admin work (including scheduling, answering emails and calls, preparing expense reports, arranging travel, and ordering meals).
- Anticipate and fulfill needs before others mention them.
- Contribute to (or lead) special projects from start to finish.
- Constantly seek ways to improve our administrative and operational efficiency.
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues across the firm.
- Provide backup support to our office management team, as necessary.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience preferred.
- An energetic, friendly, and ambitious team player who knows how to prioritize and follows through
- A curious, practical, and creative mind—the type that enjoys figuring out root causes, then fixing them.
- A can-do, empathetic spirit matched with poise, especially when the unexpected pops up.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and PowerPoint) is highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree from an excellent academic program.
DOE + paid OT + discretionary bonus + 100% covered Health, Dental and Vision, 401K match, gym reimbursement up to $2K a year, cell phone reimbursement monthly, 4 weeks vacation, and more!
9-6pm + flexibility for OT + limited 24/7 avail
Description To apply for this Interim Senior Corporate Accountant role (potential temp-to-hire), email your resume to Erik Hansen (). In the subject line, type "Sr. Corporate Accountant." Our client is seeking an INTERIM Sr.
Accountant to join their Chicago Corporate Accounting team. Essential responsibilities include: ? Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements and complete supporting analysis and reports ? Facilitate and complete monthly, quarterly and annual closing procedures ? Prepare journal entries and support for non-recurring or technically complex accounting transactions ? Actively participate in the continuous development and strengthening of internal controls ? Draft technical accounting memos/white papers Requirements ? Bachelor's degree in Accounting ? CPA certification ? 3+ years of progressive accounting experience. (Combination of public accounting and industry is ideal) To apply for this Senior Corporate Accountant role, email your resume to Erik Hansen (). In the subject line, type "Sr. Corporate Accountant." Robert Half Finance Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more.
We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it.
Our company has appeared on Fortune? magazine?s list of ?World's Most Admired Companies? since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague. Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at for additional information. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada. ? 2018 Robert Half Finance Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Employment Type: Contract-to-full-time
Senior Associate - Fund Banking Division
Join a winning team! Signature Bank® has been ranked among the Top 10 on Forbes' list of Best Banks in America for six consecutive years!
Signature Bank, member FDIC, is a New York-based full-service commercial bank with private client offices throughout the New York metropolitan area. The Bank's growing network of private client banking teams serves the needs of privately owned businesses, their owners and senior managers. Signature Bank offers a wide variety of business and personal banking products and services. The Bank operates Signature Financial, LLC, a specialty finance subsidiary focused on equipment finance and leasing, transportation financing and taxi medallion financing. Investment, brokerage, asset management and insurance products and services are offered through the Bank's subsidiary, Signature Securities Group Corporation, a licensed broker-dealer, investment adviser and member FINRA/SIPC.
Senior Associate - Fund Banking Division
Provide support to the Fund Banking Division
Develop prospects from current commercial clients, referral leads, and other sources
Generate new business to assist in meeting bank profitability goals including business plan growth, income objectives, controlling expense to maintain profitability
Minimum 2 years banking experience required
Strong customer service, motivation, organizational and communications skills
High School degree required, college degree preferred
Signature Bank offers a competitive compensation (with BONUS ELIGIBILITY) and an excellent benefits package for qualified employees, including medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) plan with a generous company match, gym reimbursement and a wellness program.
Signature Bank will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and federal laws applicable to Signature Bank.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not sponsor work visas
Senior Consultant, Clearing And Settlements, Hedge Fund Services
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the Reconciliation & Control team to ensure the accuracy of internal books and records
• Build and maintain internal and external relationships
• Work directly with clients to understand their business needs and provide solutions
• Identify process gaps, work with internal resources to create detailed BRDs
• Coordinate testing and releases with internal IT and vendors
• Implement process improvements to increase efficiencies
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
• Minimum of 5 years operations experience working with fixed income securities
• Deep understanding of various fixed income instruments including agency/non-agency CMOs, ABS, Sovereign Bonds and Inflation-Linked bonds
• Understanding of the mechanics of other debt instruments including Whole Loans and TBAs preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Bloomberg and experience with databases
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, comfortable in a client facing role
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in an extremely time sensitive conditions
• Experience documenting requirements, writing BRDs, coordinating testing or project management skills a plus
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles and familiarity with financial markets and instruments
Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
Portfolio Analytics & Compliance Consultant, Hedge Fund Services
Department: Hedge Fund Services (HFS) Risk Analytics and Compliance
As a member of the HFS Risk Analytics and Compliance team, the individual will support daily production and delivery of portfolio and compliance analytics to our clients, as well as assist with development initiatives, process automation, and strategic projects across the HFS Middle Office. This position’s primary responsibility will be production of portfolio analytics and testing of portfolios against internal, investor, and regulator mandated compliance limits. This includes process management, quality control review, and direct interaction with front office staff at franchise clients in support of utilizing HFS data for their investment decision making.
The position requires strong technical, communication, and problem solving skills, as well as background in middle office operations or concepts such as valuations, market risk, regulatory reporting, or compliance. Basic competency in Python, R, or VBA programming is a plus.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily support of the Portfolio Analytics and Compliance offerings for franchise clients
- Monitoring of portfolios against exposure, liquidity, risk, and regulatory limits, investigate any rule breaches, and communicate the relevant information to the client
- Work with clients to understand new rules (or changes to existing rules) and code this logic into our compliance software using Python
- Utilize Python to create new analytics including limit calculations, data quality checks and internal process automation
- Coordinate software enhancements, development, and testing with IT team.
- Assist with tactical design for strategic projects
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Minimum 3 years of work experience within a Quantitative or Financial Services domain
- Familiarity with Python R, MATLAB, VBA, HTML, or SQL a plus.
- Basic understanding of financial products and portfolio management concepts
- Experience analyzing business risks and operational processes
- Ability to think creatively about business issues, strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong numerate or finance degree (ie: Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Finance)
- Adaptive, flexible style - able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Senior Executive Assistant Deputy Director 15 - Children's Services Agency - Children's Trust Fund
The Children's Trust Fund (CTF), is a statewide nonprofit, Type 1 agency that is dedicated to the prevention of child abuse and neglect. The CTF works in partnership with its 73 local councils to serve Michigan's 83 counties.
Local councils are independent, community-based organizations that identify needs and facilitate collaborative prevention programs for children and families in their community. In addition to the financial support it provides to local councils statewide, CTF awards grants to direct service providers across the state that provide specific services to families.
The function of this position is to administer the overall operations of the Children's Trust Fund. This includes working constructively with the Board of Directors; managing CTF staff; consulting with and monitoring Local Council activities; raising funds; carefully managing the trust funds finances; and developing productive relationships with state legislators and department personnel.
This position works in collaboration with both public and private organizations to support programs that aid in the prevention of child abuse and neglect. This position is currently housed in and works within MDHHS, and the Executive Director reports to the CTF Board of Directors which is appointed by the Governor.
Required Education and Experience
Possession of a bachelor's degree in any major.
Two years of professional, P11 - level experience or one year of professional 12-level experience as a senior-level worker, a manager, or a staff/program specialist (includes administrative assistant) or equivalent.
Additional Requirements and Information
This position is open to all applicants.
Position will be filled through a limited-term Senior Executive Service agreement/contract.
Alliances Market Development Fund Program Manager
Alliances Market Development Fund Program Manager
SUSE embraces partnerships and knows they are crucial to helping enterprises achieve IT objectives. We directly and indirectly invest in our partnerships to help ensure we meet their needs and to help them grow their SUSE-enabled solution business. Part of that investment includes a Business and Market Development Fund (BMDF) that directly invests in our partner business. As the Market Development Fund Manager you will be responsible for helping develop and manage the tools and processes that govern the successful implementation and growth of the BMDF program.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Managing the BMDF program, tools and processes
Identify shortcomings in existing process and develop and implement improvements
Manage vendor relationships to ensure our online tools meet the needs of the program and the partners
Provide scheduled and ad hoc reporting and manage the quarterly review process
Function as administrator for the online portal
Review individual partner funds to analyze trends and provide insight to management
Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
Develop a good working relationship with the SUSE Finance and SUSE Accounts Payables teams
Requires a bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
Experience working with budgets and budgeting processes
Strong understanding of marketing and business development practices and concepts
Familiarity with online budget management tools and portals
High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Proven ability to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment is extremely important
Strong, reliable team player with a positive attitude
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com
Mandarin Speaking Fund Accountant - Venture Capital Firm
For consideration, please email your resume to: A unique opportunity to join a Venture Capital firm with a global perspective.
Our client manages over $3B in assets. They have offices in the Bay Area and Asia. They have invested in over 300 technology companies in both the US and China in the last 20 years.
They are looking for a Senior Fund Accountant/Analyst to join their growing team. Some duties of the Senior Fund Accountant/Analyst will be to review the submission of the portfolio company financial statements, as well as analyze the performance and fund ownership records. Other fund accounting roles will be performed.
Keys: - Mandarin speaker is preferred
Bachelors in Accounting
3+ years of public audit (VC, PE, PE/RE clients) or currently working in-house within the Venture Capital or Private Equity Industry
Comfort working in a hands on role helping to drive accounting close and yearly audit. Heads up, dynamic, team mentality and collaborative, flexible.
Employment Type: Full-time
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!