Fur Blender Job Description Sample
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Midlothian, TX
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. We offer an exciting work atmosphere and opportunities for professional development. At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, paid vacation and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. Employee engagement is not just something we talk about at Chemtrade, but fulfilled through exciting programs like Employee Recognition and Rewards (CHEers!), and Chemtrade University.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction amongst employees within and throughout different departments and locations. We treat our employees with fairness and equity. We value diversity, recognize the benefits of an inclusive work environment and pride ourselves on our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees and the communities we work in through Responsible Care®.
Chemtrade is one of the world’s largest suppliers of sulphuric acid, liquid sulphur dioxide (SO2) and sodium hydrosulphite (SHS), and a leading processor of spent sulphuric acid. Chemtrade is also a leading regional supplier of sulphur and sodium chlorate, one of only two North American producers of phosphorous pentasulphide and also produces zinc oxide and water treatment chemicals. Chemtrade obtains these products from its own production facilities and through long-term marketing services agreements and distributes them to customers around the world. In January 2014, Chemtrade acquired General Chemical, a leader in water chemicals with nearly 50 North American production facilities. Chemtrade manufactures a broad line of organic and inorganic chemicals for a wide variety of industries and applications. Our products include aluminum sulfate, aluminum chlorohydrate, and ferric sulfate for water treatment applications. We stand behind our products with solid technical support. We are one of the leading producers across every business we service.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Duties include but are not limited to packaging, blending and quality inspection at the Midlothian Site. Responsible for ensuring all related SOP's and plant rules pertaining to GMP, safety, operating procedures, and personal conduct are followed. The incumbent will help maintain an effective Food Safety and Quality System and support its ongoing improvement, and be committed to producing quality, safe and legal products that meet or exceed our customer’s specifications and comply with all applicable legislative and regulatory requirements. Shift rotation is required.
- Follow and/or maintain GFSI Global Food Safety Certification (SQF).
- Follow all GMP rules and help coach others to comply with GMP rules as necessary.
- Monitor potassium chloride as it is packaged or blended to ensure contamination is not present.
- Ensure potassium chloride is packaged and blended per SOP's.
- Stock the packaging and blending rooms with appropriate supplies as necessary for potassium chloride packaging and blending.
- Utilize a computer system as needed for department specific electronic data collection.
- Responsible for maintaining housekeeping in the packaging, blending, warehouse, and grounds areas.
- Responsible for notifying the department supervisor and/or shift foreman of any packaging issues.
- Performs all duties necessary to prepare areas for initiating the manufacturing process including screen changes on mechanical separators.
- Assists with maintenance of equipment as required.
- Participates in and completes all required training.
- Completes packaging and blending log sheets as required.
- Inspects lots as directed by the department supervisor or designee.
- Inspector follows all required GMP procedures, SOP's and safety rules.
- Duties include but are not limited to individual drum inspection, changing labels, dumping drums, placing drums on pallets, drum weighing and filling out inspection reports.
- Ensures that the chicklet (potash) supply, rework, and empty drum supply is adequate as per SOP's.
- Duties also include, but are not limited to conveying pallets of packaged materials to the appropriate storage locations, and completing the KCI Raw Material Feed Report.
- Hopper Operator follows all required GMP procedures, SOP's and safety rules.
- Must be able to complete packaging, blending, and inspection logs neatly per SOP’s
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Good communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Must be able to read, understand, and follow operating and safety procedures.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong mathematical abilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- May need to climb, pull self upward, kneel, stoop, crawl, crouch or balance on unstable surfaces.
- Work requires standing and/or walking for extended periods on a regular basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be fit and able to wear Respirator and Rain Gear with other safety equipment.
- Must be able to work in the outdoor elements including cold, heat and humidity.
- Safety is a job requirement
Must be able to perform under the following conditions:
- Work in awkward or confining workspaces.
- Work in elevated places.
- Work in outdoor environment.
- Work in noisy environment.
- Work in areas that are dusty and have some odor from chemicals and etc.
- Work safely at all times.
- Able to work in Adverse Weather Conditions.
Chemtrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.
Chemtrade operates a diversified business providing industrial chemicals and services to customers in North America and around the world. Chemtrade is one of North America’s largest suppliers of sulphuric acid, inorganic coagulants for water treatment, liquid sulphur dioxide, sodium nitrite and sodium hydrosulphite. Chemtrade is a leading North American processor of spent acid as well as a leading regional supplier of sulphur, sodium chlorate, phosphorus pentasulphide, and zinc oxide. Additionally, Chemtrade provides industrial services such as processing hydrogen sulphide and other by-products and waste streams.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction amongst employees within and throughout different departments. We treat our employees with fairness and equity – to date our unionized workforce has never had service interruptions or work stoppages. We value diversity, recognize the benefits of an inclusive work environment and pride ourselves on our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees and the regions we work in through Responsible Care®.
Hard working and dedicated, friendly and enthusiastic with a strong desire to learn, our employees develop with the technological advancements of the operating environment.
With diversity in their roles and through the creation of new positions, Chemtrade employees operate in cross-functional teams, learning from others who are as passionate about their careers and the contributions they make.
In addition to a great work atmosphere and opportunities for professional development, we give our employees the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. Our employees also receive company and position-specific training.
Total rewards can play an important role in the decision to join a company. At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, paid vacation and disability benefits along with an Employee and Family Assistance Program. Excellent base pay and bonus programs, retirement plans, and life insurance help contribute to financial security.
Our total rewards package, combined with a challenging, stimulating work environment, makes Chemtrade a great place to work.
Blender / Batcher
A leading beverage manufacturing company in the Inland Empire is seeking a Batcher / Process Technician with experience in the beverage industry. Must be willing to work ANY SHIFT. Current position is for 3rd shift (10:00 pm-6:30 am).
Responsible for the mixing, standardizing and pasteurizing all juice and drink products blended per customer’s specifications. Process technicians are also responsible for the proper operation, cleaning and troubleshooting of the heat processing equipment – including all related documentation.
• Using prepared batch sheets, accurately measure and blend ingredients per processing guidelines to meet finished product specifications.
• Standardize and adjust batches as needed by the addition of water, sweetener, acid, or other ingredients to meet the customer’s specifications.
• Be aware of the time / temperature profiles as they relate to product quality and customer specifications. Understanding the difference between high acid and acidified juice processing requirements.
• Maintain each pasteurizer chart per SOP. Ensure all markings are made in a legible manner.
• Transport, stage, and handle ingredients in a food grade manner that ensures the absence of contamination or spoilage. When usage results in a remaining partial container of ingredient, that partial container will be managed according to SOP to ensure the absence of spoilage, contamination, or tampering.
• Responsible for the sanitation and security of the batch tanks, supply line, processing units and ingredient handling equipment and the general sanitation of the and the immediate environmental area. When the batch deck is to be left unattended, any batch-in-process must be secured from possible tampering.
• The batcher is responsible for maintaining the process within the control limits established by specification and for performing TQM that verifies the process is in control.
• Proper storage of all pasteurized and unpasteurized products – including the support of support proper rotation of raw materials in accordance with company policy.
• Accurately weigh and prepare all dry-mix ingredients.
• Accurately complete all necessary paperwork.
Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
Production, hot/cold environment, noisy, safety equipment usage
Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens including ability to focus and visually monitor multiple quality assurance items on a continuous basis
Requires frequent bending, reaching, use hands, standing, walking, squatting and sitting, handle or feel, regularly throughout the work day. Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds without assistance
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 2+ years experience in blending dry/wet products following detailed recipes
Computer/Software: MSN Office Suite
Other: Good mechanical ability; detail oriented; analytical & problem solving skills
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. EEO/AA. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
Chemical Operator / Blender / Compounder
Chemical Operator / Blender / Compunder is responsible for mixing raw materials to create finished products according to batch tickets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
CCFI also offers contract packaging services for blended items and commodity chemicals. We handle container sizes from bulk truckloads down to half-pint bottles in both liquid and dry form. We are a family-owned company with a history of industry involvement, manufacturing expertise, and industry knowledge resulting in our success as a premier manufacturer and supplier to the industries.
We provide great quality products and manufacturing services, enabling our customers to focus on their core strengths.
Our Core Values are:
o* Customer Centric
o* Strong Team Players
o* Take Ownership
This position is responsible for ensuring the correct soap formula is supplied to the production line in a timely manner. This includes adding the appropriate ingredients to the soap base and accurate documentation of batch records. The ideal person must be able to work independently and detail oriented. This is a third shift position reporting to the Production Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure correct soap formula is supplied to the production line in a timely manner.
• Document batch records accurately to ensure the proper ingredients are included.
• Ensure safety equipment and safety procedures are in place and followed.
• Monitor and record temperature, moisture and refining of soap in finishing line.
• Dispose of totes on production lines for recycling.
• Regrind excess or scrap soap.
• Clean and/or replace refining screens on a periodic basis.
• Assist in line purges.
• Responsible and accountable for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Assist in training new workers.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
• Perform all duties in a safe manner using proper tools and wearing appropriate protective equipment as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and able to physically endure work schedule.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Must have at least 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment
• Experience working with chemicals/raw materials preferred
• Must be able to follow verbal and written instruction
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 19 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America and over $1 billion in sales; KCP (operating as KIK Custom Products) is one of North America's largest custom manufacturers of both National Brand and Retailer Brand consumer products. KCP's product lines include Laundry, Household Cleaners, OTC Medicated, Pharmaceutical and Health & Beauty Care, all supported by KCP's in-house technical expertise and value-added services.
KIK Consumer Brands – Pool Division
KIK’s Pool Additives Division (“Pool”) is a leading player in North America and key international markets with a broad brand and product portfolio spanning both the Mass and Specialty Retailer channels. We are well known for our Clorox® Pool&SpaTM products in the North American Mass channel, our BioGuard® brand in the North American, Australian and South Africa Specialty channel, and our Bayrol brand across Europe. Our multi-functional product formulations and innovative water testing innovations allow pool owners to safely and easily enjoy their backyard retreat.
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
Batchmaker - Blender Operator - Direct Hire
Review and understand the daily blending schedule and shift expectations. verify that the blender assigned is properly in use for the production schedule Direct the activities of the dumpers assigned to run blender verify ingredients needed to prepare the batch, quantities, description scan ingredients into the blender Measure blending time, speeds for processing batches Take samples and wait for QA approval Participate in blender cleaning: brush-out, sugar purge, wet wash Follow all and every safety and GMP regulations
Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to their
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil union status, age,
national origin, physical or mental handicap and/or disability, citizenship,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local,
state, or federal law.
MSI, INC. Thank you kindly.
Allen Flavors, Inc. is looking for Compounder Blenders!
Great work environment and training opportunities!
Are you someone who wants to grow and work with a great group of dynamic individuals? Who wants a new challenge and bring contribution to a company? Come and grow with us! Where everybody will know your name. Interested candidates should forward their resumes for consideration.
Allen Flavors, Inc. is a flavor formulation and ingredient supply-company currently seeking Compounder Blenders to work in a team environment to contribute to the manufacturing of product(s) formulation. This position consists of, but is not limited to, working collaboratively with others to achieve successful compounding and blending of batches. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Compounder Blenders are an essential part of Allen Flavors success! They properly weigh ingredients, label and document products, and mix and blend materials. Good basic math skills are essential in this position to calculate percentages, reconcile inventories and convert measurements to metric.
Responsibilities of the Compounder Blender include:
• Execute batch records and procedures/Ensure product’s effectiveness and purity.
• Weigh components used in batches and document pre-weighs.
• Make pre-blends for larger batches.
• Complete daily scale checks and calibrations.
• Monitor inventory.
• Maintain records manually and follow standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Analyze processes, determine next steps and ensure all prior steps are completed.
• Communicate and document processes in multi-tasked/multi-shift operations.
• Understand and implement Company Certified programs such as HACCP, SQF, Food Defense and Safety programs.
• Other duties as assigned by
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:Education:
High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 1- 2 years of production/manufacturing experience.
• Excellent numerical skills.
• Ability to read and interpret instructions.
• Knowledge of weights and measures and the ability to compare them.
• Knowledge of finished blends and raw blends preferred.
• Some mechanical experience preferred.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. and roll a 300 lb. drum.
• Superior communication skills (verbal and written).
• Team Player.
• Detail Oriented and ability to multi-task.
At Allen Flavors, Inc. we create an environment in which employees are valued, motivated and encourage to reach their full potential. We offer competitive pay, career growth opportunities and outstanding benefit programs.
• Vacation/Sick/Personal Paid Time Off
• Holiday Per Yearly Schedule
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Low Cost Medical, Dental & Rx & Vision Coverage
• Life Insurance
• And Many More Employee-Friendly Programs
Allen Flavors, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer
Blender Operator Multiple Openings
The goal of the blender operator is to make the best tasting juice in the juice business. To accomplish this, the blender will follow established standard operating procedure (SOP’s) that have a proven history of producing high quality product for our customers. In addition to established protocols, the blender will be challenged to find creative ways to improve the current processes. Good analytical skills are needed to blend batches based on ingredient quality, batch size and specification requirements.
The candidate should possess the following;
Experience working in the food or beverage industry.
Blending experience in the food or beverage industry.
High school level math skills.
Previous culinary experience a plus.
Must be self-motivated and a team-player.
We run criminal background checks, E-Verify, and are a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer.
Metal Finisher Blender
De-burr, buff, blend, clean, grind, mask, and polish components/parts in accordance with company quality and production standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• File, sand, de-burr or polish parts.
• Perform assigned duties using manual, pneumatic and electric hand tools and machines.
• Manipulate work piece or tool manually.
• Develop and/or recommend techniques and parameters for blending/polishing.
• Inspect and measure work piece to verify conformance to specifications.
• Move machine control and guides to adjust machine.
• Replace worn machine accessories such as wheels and polish belts.
• Dress wheel for proper contour of work piece.
• Perform masking and cleaning operations.
• Perform machine maintenance as required.
• Education and/or Experience High School diploma or equivalent; or at least six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Language Skills Ability to read and comprehend simple.
Asenzya, a leading commercial spice grinder and blender located in Oak Creek, WI is currently in need of several Blenders on all shifts. This is a $14/hr, full-time, long-term position that requires a quality conscious individual that does not mind heavy lifting. This position also offers the potential for growth and advancement within our organization.
What sets Asenzya apart is our culture of Honesty, Creativity, Innovation and Integrity! We work hard and reward our employees with not only great pay but also Yearly Bonus AND Profit Sharing!! Very few companies can match what we have to offer.
If you are a hard working, motivated individual that is looking for long-term, steady employment Asenzya is the company for you. The ability to read and understand work orders, lift 50+ lbs continuously and be reliable are required.
We offer excellent pay and a comprehensive benefit package that includes health, dental, flex spending, Life, 401(K) + match, quarterly rewards program, immediate paid vacation and holiday's.
Please check out our website at www.asenzya.com
Since 1953, Asenzya, a privately-held and Woman-Owned Business Enterprise, has been an industry leader in purified spices, spice grinding, custom engineered seasonings and value-added food products, for the food industry.
Based in Milwaukee, WI, Asenzya puts the taste in thousands of food products that touch consumer lives every day. The food industry, from multinational to regional to small food manufacturers, from branded to private-label to foodservice, relies on Asenzya’ customized services in culinary thought leadership, product development, and problem solving to drive their business forward. We bring these areas together to achieve cutting edge characteristics in flavor, quality, and overall service. In essence, we are the “secret ingredient” for each and every one of our customers.
Please visit our website at www.asenzya.com for more information
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!